Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: createart
Stats: 22/20. 18. 12/10
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 1, 2004 / October 21, 2013
New to JUDDD, loving it, but have questions :)

Hi everyone!
After finally deciding that I was fooling myself if I thought I was going to be able to go back and try Atkins again for the umpteenth time, I took the JUDDD plunge! It's been a little over two weeks and I've lost 9.9 lbs (today was a DD, so I'm hoping that I hit the 10 lb mark tomorrow morning!)

I've done great on my DDs- kept it at 500 or less every DD, and have LOVED my UD's as everyone does!

So far I have went into this kind of experimentally- meaning, I do not count calories on UD's, and have decided that until I start gaining weight or being stuck, then I'm not going to count calories on my UD's- this freedom has done so much for me mentally, that I can't even begin to explain it. I no longer emotionally eat! I still did when I was on Atkins, but not on JUDDD, so cool!
Another thing I've chosen not to do- eat low carb. On DD's I just focus on keeping it 500 or less, and for UD's I just eat what I want, I eat like my husband does- he east when he's hungry, he eats what he wants and he is in great shape.

I've got a couple questions, and would love to get some advice from y'all who have been doing this for awhile.

Is it important that I up my DD calories, now that I'm at the 2 week mark? I was one of those Atkins gals who was always afraid to move past induction levels, for fear of the weightloss slowing/stopping.

I know that with Thanksgiving coming up I'd ideally like to have 2 UD's in a row- Thursday & Friday of Thanksgiving week. have any of y'all done 2 DD's in a row to allow yourself 2 UD's? How do you adjust your schedule to allow for this type of situation?

So far I've stuck with every other day- just UD DD UD DD UD and on and on. I've read about MD, but haven't done any.

One last thing, I 've read that some people always have their entire week-end as UD's, do any of y'all do this, and has it stalled your weightloss?

Thanks everyone, this a great board, you all have inspired me, and I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in years!

Last edited by createart; 11-05-2011 at 07:54 PM..
createart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by createart View Post
One last thing, I 've read that some people always have their entire week-end as UD's, do any of y'all do this, and has it stalled your weightloss?!
I think it does slow you down a bit...worth it to me. Just something to think over.

Congrats on all you have lost, you are doing terrific!
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Hi Amy

It's so great to see how well you've done. Congrats!

I can totally relate to being one of those that doesn't want to leave induction

I've been at this a shorter time than you have so I probably should just wait for someone with more experience to address your questions. Have you checked out the website that has the calculator and information on it? It's under Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet if you google it. If you're ready to up those DD calories you can figure it out with the percentage calculator there.

Keep up the good work.
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:28 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I have even been having an extra UD every other week or so. And it has slowed my weight loss some. But being using this WOE my attitude towards eating and losing
weigth has changed. This realy does seem to be something I can live with rather than
a "diet" I have to follow till I lose my weigth. Some how it seems less inportant to me
when I lose 1 lb this week instead of 2 lb as long as I don't feal deprived. Now don't
get me wrong I sure like that scale going down but just don't seem as obsessed with
it.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: createart
Stats: 22/20. 18. 12/10
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 1, 2004 / October 21, 2013
Thank you all for your responses!
It's really neat that, yes this WOE does have a basic rule, but it's not like Atkins and ketosis, where if you eat the wrong thing, it can really mess up your whole week practically. I think if I want to have 2 UD's in a row I'll just do it, and get back to the sequence of UD DD UD DD afterwards, and maybe not have two DD's in a row to allow two UD's.

PS- I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 10.7 lbs! Yippeeeee!

Last edited by createart; 11-06-2011 at 06:22 AM..
createart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:08 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by createart View Post
Thank you all for your responses!
It's really neat that, yes this WOE does have a basic rule, but it's not like Atkins and ketosis, where if you eat the wrong thing, it can really mess up your whole week practically. I think if I want to have 2 UD's in a row I'll just do it, and get back to the sequence of UD DD UD DD afterwards, and maybe not have two DD's in a row to allow two UD's.

PS- I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 10.7 lbs! Yippeeeee!
You're doing GREAT! to JUDDD, Amy! So glad you're here with us
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hi, Amy! Welcome, and I'm so glad you've joined us here, and that you aren't lurking anymore!

Congratulations on the pounds you've lost already, and I'm sure you will continue to have a lot more weight loss success on JUDDD as the weeks go on.

You are right that this particular JUDDD forum group does adhere a whole lot more to UD calorie limits, where those on some other sites do their UDs completely free of any calorie restraint at all. As you have been doing yourself so far.

For some folks, that works just fine for their weight loss. For others... not so much. Some of us could easily overeat on our UDs to the extent that we could quickly wipe out completely the calorie restriction we'd just gained on our previous DD. Have that happen very many times, and suddenly your DDs count for very little because of that UD overeating, and weight loss slows down to nothing, and once again.. there we sit, wasting precious time and not losing again.

The other side of that scenario might be if somebody most often ate at so far under their UD calorie number, that combined with their DD calories, they were really never eating quite enough to keep their metabolism up. Since our metabolism will slow down to run at about the speed that we're taking in calories if we're low calories day after day, we try to prevent that from happening by making sure we're eating high enough calories on our UDs. (Under eating UD calories has certainly never been a problem here! )

I will say that in all the reading I've done at other JUDDD sites where they don't adhere to any UD calorie restrictions, they don't have nearly the overall weight loss success that we do here, nor are the losses usually at quite as fast a pace as lots of folks here attain. But I will say, if you are not having any problems with doing UDs without restriction, I sure can't see any reason to change! It's hard to argue with success, and if you continue to experience your wonderful rate of loss, it's a pretty good bet that you are just naturally gravitating to your own perfect UD calorie level! It can't get easier than that!

I'm so glad to have you join us here, and think you're going to love this forum. Everyone is friendly and helpful and supportive. And successful. And eating well. And feeling great!