Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
MDs? A Little Lost Here......

and since I have never done a MD I'm . Today just may turn into a MD for me because of going out to eat to a place I don't know the menu or calories, but I'm a little on what will happen if it does and then with tomorrow being an UD.

What do I do, change tomorrow to a DD or just leave it alone, keep the UD tomorrow and continue with my DD/UD rotation as it should be, Monday DD, Tuesday UD, etc.?

I DON'T want to mess up my rotation because it's just PERFECT for Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve and if I make tomorrow a DD then that will mess this ^^^^ up!

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
How close is it to your DD limits? If it's within say 200-300 calories, I'd call it a DD and move along as you've planned with tomorrow being an UD?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Just keep to your UD tomorrow...you dont want to mess up your rotation...which would mean having to add in another MD!
I dont like MD's much...they just discombobulate me!
Like sohappy says...juddd is very forgiving....and you wont be very hungry tomorrow..so your UD will be a moderate one..followed by a good DD...I will be surprised if you even get a blip out of the usual on the scales!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
How close is it to your DD limits? If it's within say 200-300 calories, I'd call it a DD and move along as you've planned with tomorrow being an UD?
Yea, I'm thinking the same thing ^^^^. A few extra calories on top of my 900 for today's usual DD ceiling is probably not going to cause trouble, like Joedi pointed out, also.

I'll just keep it simple with a salad tonight or a nice appy instead of dinner and continue with my UD tomorrow, maybe keeping it a few 100 calories lower than I usually do.

Thanks for the ideas and info!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Yea, I'm thinking the same thing ^^^^. A few extra calories on top of my 900 for today's usual DD ceiling is probably not going to cause trouble, like Joedi pointed out, also.

I'll just keep it simple with a salad tonight or a nice appy instead of dinner and continue with my UD tomorrow, maybe keeping it a few 100 calories lower than I usually do.

Thanks for the ideas and info!
Linda, you're in maintenance now, so you are a little bit freer than those still in *weight loss mode*.

I think you should just do the best you can without sacrificing the fun of the evening. You've worked to get here with your weight loss, but you've also worked to get here, to the point of being able to enjoy your happy occasions and social times a little more freely without worry. So. Don't worry.

And I hope you do NOT try to counter this by holding your calories down a couple hundred tomorrow on your UD. I think we always have to keep reminding ourselves that a strength of this plan is the great high/low spread between our days. And what we want to avoid if we can is having the calories of our days approach in the middle any more than we have to have happen! So if it were me, I'd just have tomorrow be a normal UD, and then rely on a good DD on Monday to make everything good again.

Just my opinion on this though. Have fun tonight!

Last edited by SoHappy; 11-05-2011 at 11:51 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
This is just so informative for me too! Today is my DD but things happen and it turned out to be my first MD, I took the high and low of my calories that Dr. J's site gave me and added them together and then divided them in half! Now I just added up my calories for the day and am over by "3"!!

I too was wondering about tomorrow and am glad to hear I should just do the UP!

Thanks each and everyone there for all the wonderful help!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
This is just so informative for me too! Today is my DD but things happen and it turned out to be my first MD, I took the high and low of my calories that Dr. J's site gave me and added them together and then divided them in half! Now I just added up my calories for the day and am over by "3"!!

I too was wondering about tomorrow and am glad to hear I should just do the UP!

Thanks each and everyone there for all the wonderful help!
If you did a DD yesterday, tomorrow will be your UD.

If you did an UD yesterday, tomorrow will be your DD.

The MD is just stuck into your normal rotation for whatever reason you need to have that happen, but your alternating cycle will remain.

Glad to see you with us! Are you loving it?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Today was my UD after having a MD yesterday - I have not been all that hungary, a surprise!

Yes, I like this WOE and this nice group we have here too!

I am learning how to use this site too!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Linda, you're in maintenance now, so you are a little bit freer than those still in *weight loss mode*.

I think you should just do the best you can without sacrificing the fun of the evening. You've worked to get here with your weight loss, but you've also worked to get here, to the point of being able to enjoy your happy occasions and social times a little more freely without worry. So. Don't worry.

And I hope you do NOT try to counter this by holding your calories down a couple hundred tomorrow on your UD. I think we always have to keep reminding ourselves that a strength of this plan is the great high/low spread between our days. And what we want to avoid if we can is having the calories of our days approach in the middle any more than we have to have happen! So if it were me, I'd just have tomorrow be a normal UD, and then rely on a good DD on Monday to make everything good again.

Just my opinion on this though. Have fun tonight!
I just read this tonight and did exactly as you suggested without even knowing it was a good idea! I guess I got "Pat" in my head when I really needed her without even reading this until too late! I did the best I could last night and to tell the truth I don't think I was over by much for a DD, even with eating out. I had a cup of sweet potato soup that was to DIE for, and an appy that was grilled chicken chunks on a stick wrapped in bacon. There was only one and I would say about 4 oz of chicken and 2 pieces of bacon so not too bad. I'm sure the soup was probably the higher calories of the meal, but it was so good! I need to find this recipe!! And I'm sure I was very close to my 900 for a usual DD.

Today I did regular UD and I had BBQ crock pot ribs, spicy green beans, shrimp, laughing cow cheese and Special K crackers, a snack sized Almond Joy AND the best thing; A REAL Devil Dog Cupcake! OMG, I haven't had one of these for at least 3 years! Still tasted as good as I remembered! I'm looking at about 1,700 calories and that is only 100 calories down from what my 1,800 calorie UD should be. I'm thinking I just might reach that ceiling tonight, but if not I still did well!

The scale didn't move today, still at 135.6 where I have been since last week so I'm thinking I didn't do too much damage. Will see what the scale says tomorrow after my UD but I'm guessing it will just be my usual 1+ pound gain I come to expect after an UD.