Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
Queen of Cream Cheese

Gallery: averyjenn
Stats: Highest 248/152 and maintaining!
WOE: HCG grad! Living in p4
Start Date: 2/21/05
Really considering this and have questions

Hello! Okay, my story is I lost most of my weight with low carb and had a hard time maintaining but kept off 70 lbs since I started in 2005. I decided to try hcg in January and lost great with it. I went back to a low carb diet hoping that hcg was the cure to fix my metabolism (I have PCOS and Hashimoto's). Sadly, it's not. I'm down almost 100 lbs total and had to buy all new clothes this year again which is great but I want to stay IN them now. I feel my weight creeping up again - nothing big but my clothes don't feel as good as they did. A friend recommended this and I've been thinking I would alternate 500 calorie days (hcg style) with low carb anyway so here I am!

Okay my questions: I stopped eating processed foods and see that they recommend shakes for the first 2 weeks on the down days. I get why they recommend them but I'm not a fan of the shakes at all. I do have one kind that my trainer friend recommends which is at least a little better - it's in powder form and is a meal replacement. Two servings is 414 calories and I could add an apple or a salad with vinegar dressing. Given that I know how to restrict calories to 500 calories because I did 3 rounds of hcg for 9 weeks total of eating 500 cal/day, tell me why shakes are better during the first 2 weeks.

Okay second question: I would be starting on Monday probably or maybe Sunday but I'm in a dance competition in two weeks and will be traveling for the whole weekend and staying in a hotel and dancing probably 6-8 hours/day maybe more, it's intense. I know that I should not eat 500 calories on the down days and dance 6+ hours/day. Since I'd still be in induction, what could I do those days? I could do a down day on the Thursday I drive there but Fri/Sat will be intense. I drive home Sunday after dancing in the morning/afternoon but it won't be intense so I could do a down day then. Ideas?

TIA!! I think this may help me maintain. I'm super strict when it comes to my eating. My body just doesn't always like to cooperate with me.

Life is too short not to be fabulous all the time!~~
averyjenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Jenn!

I'm really new at this and I'm sure that someone with more experience will "weigh in".

For myself personally, I'm into keeping it natural and tried a shake on my first DD only to find that it didn't keep me full for even an hour and actually made me hungry. So, now I just keep it simple with a bit of lower fat meat and lots of vegetables to add up to less than 500cals. I also found for myself that I don't do well hungry at night so I skip breakfast on DDs and leave most of my calories for the evening. I think that shakes and bars were suggested simply to help keep the calories under 500 but, I do better with REAL FOOD.

As for your upcoming dance days ... Some people do a medium day ... Average your UD and DD to equal your MD. When there is something on your schedule that requires higher calories and it will fall on a DD then prepare to make it a MD or even an UD by inserting a MD. For example, DD on Thurs., MD on Fri. and UD on Sat. ... Making Sunday back on track with a DD. I'm not sure how that might effect you in induction but, it is a solution to your needing those calories on a DD.

It's good to have you here and I hope you do well and have lots of fun with your active weekend!
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hi, Jenn! I've watched both your weight loss journey and your increasing involvement in your dance with interest and appreciation over these last years. You are one who just went into taking charge of your life and making it what you wanted it to be, what you wanted to be, what you wanted to do. So, first of all, congratulations on that!

Truthfully, I think you will thrive on JUDDD. This plan will allow you to keep your calories to whatever level you need to keep them at to lose those few little pounds that have crept back, and then to maintain your loss so that you will remain the size you want to be... but easily and in such a way as to also allow you to play and party and feast with all your friends and family and fellow dance enthusiasts.

You will be able to follow any food plan you feel best on, happiest on, as JUDDD isn't about the food choices, only the overall calories of the days, and in the alternate day rotation schedule of fasting and feasting, Down Day and Up Day... and as important as the low DD is, the abundant UD calories are also important.

It sounds like you want to remain low carb, and you will find many here who do their JUDDD at low carb levels, so you will certainly have company.

As to the shakes, almost NONE of us used them when we began. Not that we can't make and enjoy a shake, which we do sometimes, but that's not the way any of us started out. I mean, to my way of thinking, a shake is a fluid that accompanies a meal! So that is up to you. Most of us just started out eating *food* and just weighed and measured and tracked the calories right from day one.. and found success almost instantly.

And truthfully, Jenn.. as to the dance weekend, I'd arrange my feeding schedule leading into it so that I had a DD on Thursday, a full UD on Friday, another full UD on Saturday (which you're not supposed to do.. but Oh, Well..) and I'd do a MD on Sunday, then a really good DD on Monday and continue on from there.

It's not like you have a lot to lose, and you have been very successful previously sticking to 500-calorie days, so I don't think this little interruption in your JUDDD schedule will hurt you at all. JUDDD is very forgiving of these little trespasses, so don't worry about it.

Welcome to JUDDD. I expect you to be very successful with this plan and get accomplished what you want and expect!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
Queen of Cream Cheese

Gallery: averyjenn
Stats: Highest 248/152 and maintaining!
WOE: HCG grad! Living in p4
Start Date: 2/21/05
Aw thanks so much!! And thanks Pat for the kind words. I'm excited to start this! I hope it's the thing that makes me maintain!
averyjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Looks like Lori & Pat took care of your questions so I just wanted to say to JUDDD, Jenn!!!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #6

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Jenn!!! Hey there sweet thing I will be doing this too. I cannot wait to start, but have to finish my latest round first. I sure wish I would have known about this JUDDD thing last year when I reached goal the first time with hcg. I might not need to be on my 9th round of hcg if I had I, for one, will be using the shakes on my down days because I love them and will be very easy to count calories that way. But didn't see anywhere in the book it mentioning you HAD to do the shakes. Was it on a forum you read that???? I know you can do the 500 calories easy with our background of hcg so I would not worry about that at all
Old 11-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Tossing in a welcome to an HCG buddy!

I haven't been losing well but I have certainly figured out maintaining on JUDDD (go way over your UD calories will do it).

Glad to have you here. When I finally reach maintenance, I'm thinking I might mix/match Down Days and Correction Days as needed to stay in my range.

Good luck with your dance competition!
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
and looking forward to having you in the JUDDD family!!

I never did the recommended shakes. I KNEW that I couldn't do that, I like to "chew" too much to drink my meals. I started at 700 calories for my DD because I also KNEW I wouldn't stay to the 500, but after the first couple of DDs I did get very close to that 500 calories.

I always suggest that people do what works for THEM and that nothing is written in stone, especially with the JUDDD WOE. So many do what they feel will work for them, staying as close to the guidelines as they feel they can, and most have had wonderful results, me included!

Good luck and hope you find what works for you!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 11-06-2011 at 07:48 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #9
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
and looking forward to having you in the JUDDD family!!

I never did the recommended shakes. I KNEW that I couldn't do that, I like to "chew" too much to drink my meals. I started at 700 calories for my DD because I also KNEW I wouldn't stay to the 500, but after the first couple of DDs I did get very close to that 500 calories.

I always suggest that people do what works for THEM and that nothing is written in stone, especially with the JUDDD WOE. So many do what they feel will work for them, staying as close to the guidelines as they feel they can, and most have had wonderful results, me included!

Good luck and hope you find what works for you!
good idea...i will keep that in mind just in case my first dd is really rough lol
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
to the JUDDD family Tyl!! Good to see you here!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote