Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Reading On The Main Lobby, And Some Thoughts

I always read the threads about people doing LC for a time and then going off, then coming back, then going off, etc. and I use to wonder why. When I hit my LC wall and started to gain weight I was reminded that I was one of these people, too. I had started, stopped, started and stopped LC so many times in the last 8 years I lost count and it was always for the same reasons, a feeling of deprivation and then weight gain even doing LC.

And the biggest reason for me was I just couldn't see myself doing a LC WOE for the rest of my life, no matter HOW I tried to convince myself I could do it. It would become too limited, too restrictive, and I would start to feel "left out" of the normal foods of life. Not the HFCS foods or the processed junk, but the veggies/fruits and grains. And when I added them back in I would feel guilty or worse and then I would just think "what the heck" and I would give up totally!

BUT now I KNOW I won't be doing the same thing this time around because I CAN see myself doing JUDDD for the rest of my life! It's easy, it's forgiving and the best part is there is no "black list" of foods. I eat the way I feel good about eating and what I feel good about eating and all I have to do is "diet" every other day. And I even love my DDs because it always feels like a "cleansing" day.

This I CAN live with for the rest of my life........how about you?

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
You know, I was just going to mention tonight that it is sometimes hard to read for very long on the Main Lobby because there is so much unhappiness and difficulty and consternation and sadness over failure. Of course, there is success to, and proud declarations of reaching goal, etc. But so many people forever falling off the wagon, in a stall that goes on for months, for hating that they have to resist eating a cookie, and just seeming unhappy.

But it seems like here on the JUDDD forum, everybody is filled with elation at their weight loss starting in again, of the foods they get to taste and savor once again and STILL see the dial on the scale head down. Day after day after day, we have people posting their losses. There is so much heady excitement and good spirit and positive encouragement here. There just seems to be such a world of difference, it's sometimes hard not to go over and kidnap somebody and haul them back over here. But I guess we all just come to JUDDD when the time is right for us, when our head finally thinks it might be the right time to see what it's all about.

But I can say without a doubt, this forum is like a shot in the arm each day, perking me up and making me know that life is full of possibility, and that we can get skinny and enjoy the Holiday foods this year too. And for me, that includes Christmas cookies!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
I'm still new to Judd but I think I agree! I first tried Atkins in 1983 when I was 15 years old! It does work. I hit my highest weight when I weighed 194 in 2003. That's when I joined this site. Since then I've gone on and off and on and off but never regaining too much (10-15 pounds). I will always appreciate Atkins because it got me to where I am today. I never thought I'd weigh 115

But during my various stints lasting months at a time, I felt like I stuck out from everyone else. My coworkers, boyfriends (one at a time Ha ha), and friends even knew what I "could" eat and "couldn't" eat. I would become overly obsessive about carbs and just wished I could eat a cookie like a normal person!

Since reaching goal, my low carbing is even more noticeable to everyone around me. People would say, "You aren't trying to lose weight still, are you?" I felt I was suffering too much after all I accomplished. I am really feeling good about Judd and I do think this is a more livable solution for the long term. Sorry about the rambling. I'm a little spacey from my down day and I'm thinking about the french fries I might have with my lunch on Saturday

Last edited by julietcc; 11-03-2011 at 08:31 PM..
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
There is so much heady excitement and good spirit and positive encouragement here. There just seems to be such a world of difference, it's sometimes hard not to go over and kidnap somebody and haul them back over here. But I guess we all just come to JUDDD when the time is right for us, when our head finally thinks it might be the right time to see what it's all about.
You did kidnap a few of us! I'd say your posts led me over here
Old 11-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
You did kidnap a few of us! I'd say your posts led me over here
LOL No, you came when the time was right for you.

I think when folks come to realize that they can remain low carb and do that choice on the JUDDD cycling plan, and use that to their complete advantage, sometimes it makes more sense to them.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom22boys
Stats: 147/124.6/118 5'2"
WOE: Juddd & Low Carb
Start Date: Started Juddd 2/1/12
I felt a little kidnapped too!!

My biggest problem with low carb was always the pressure by others. Someone at school would make a dish to share and I always felt like I was an outsider because I would never even take a bite. Sometimes I would take something to be polite and put a napkin over it and throw it away. That was easier than always saying no thank you.

Although I am still low carb I hope to start adding them in very shortly and being able to say yes please to anything I want
mom22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I'm just going to post some random thoughts here...

First, I think one-time-dieters are a rarity. Most of us with weight problems have had them for a long time, since childhood even (me since age 9) and have spent most of our lives trying one thing or another or everything. We're fairly used to not eating like "everyone else", though we may resent it and rebel against it. The fact that people keep coming back to low carb time and again is just that same cycle repeating, but people keep coming back because they found it worked before and/or they feel better off the carbs, or find better health limiting grains and sugar and so forth.
I think a lot of what we see in the main lobby are people trying to find their way. Many of us stuck with it for long periods of time even if we weren't losing because we know it's the healthiest way for us to eat even if we aren't losing. And we see so many people losing dozens and hundreds of pounds just by staying the course, we think it's got to start working again!
Before coming to JUDDD two weeks ago I was "maintaining recklessly". Enjoying a high(er) carb item or meal here and there, and I was maintaining. I previously tried egg/meat type fasts, very low carbs (like 5-10/day), low carbs with higher calories, lower calories with lower carbs, higher carbs with lower calories. Nothing could get the scale moving again.
I never fully deprived myself on Atkins. If I went out to lunch or dinner or on holidays and so forth, if I really wanted to, I would have higher carb foods. I knew one item or meal wasn't going to kill me or throw me into a tailspin or make me gain 20 pounds over night. A lot of the people bemoaning their not being able to eat "a" cookie, are upset not with their low carb diet, but because they cannot eat just "a" cookie. If they could eat just "a" cookie and be done with it (instead of eating 10 or the whole bag/box), they probably wouldn't have a weight problem. They find that limiting carbs helps them control the body chemistry that causes them to overeat. I can relate to this. I couldn't consume a pound of cheese over two days, but a pound of tortilla chips, you betcha! Ask me how I know LOL
I think a lot of the unhappiness, amidst the joy and successes, we see all over this board are people upset with their broken bodies, not with their WOE. I truly enjoy lower carb foods. And I feel a heck of a lot better eating them. JUDDD is amazing once you come to understand it, but at one time I thought it was just an eating disorder in disguise. I feel bad about thinking that, but it just seemed disordered to me. In fact, I'm still afraid to tell my husband I've been doing this. He's going to think I'm doing something dangerous or bad for me. Until you come here with an open (or desperate?) mind and look at it and study it and see how it works in practice, no one is going think it's reasonable.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #8

I can certainly identify with sticking with it, thinking that surely it could be made to work if it's working for so many others, and I remember the discouragement of not being able to lose weight on it. And I agree with you about low carb food. Other than most of the baked goods and Revolution Rolls, I love all my low carb food. Meats and cheeses, cream and butter, nuts and fabulous salads and low carb veggies have always been a part of my diet. All of those foods are still major in my diet. I just wanted so many foods that everybody said I shouldn't be eating, particularly since I couldn't lose even at the level I was doing. LOL Boy, I sure missed fruit and cereals and breads. I was ready for Dr. Atkins maintenance level, only I hadn't been able to lose any of my weight. I had to go back to old-fashioned calorie counting to budge anything.

When I realized that an Up Day combined with a Down Day came out to be about the correct number of calories for a simple weight loss diet, except for the timing of the calories, it sounded a whole lot more reasonable to me. Plus, I'd read quite a few of the length-of-life studies focused on calorie restriction, etc. so that part didn't bother me at all.

No matter the plan, if it is working well for someone that's a good thing. But I sure feel bad for some of those who are hanging on faithfully, and nothing is working for them. We're talking about the lives that they live every day, and they're truly more than willing to do the work.. whatever it takes, but the scale just isn't moving. Those are the folks I wish would give JUDDD an honest try for two to four weeks. It seems to work for most everyone if they have their numbers right and then respect those calorie numbers. I think they'd be new happy JUDDDers, getting excited about weight loss again and seeing their body slim down.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Me, too, Pat. Me, too.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I always read the threads about people doing LC for a time and then going off, then coming back, then going off, etc. and I use to wonder why. When I hit my LC wall and started to gain weight I was reminded that I was one of these people, too. I had started, stopped, started and stopped LC so many times in the last 8 years I lost count and it was always for the same reasons, a feeling of deprivation and then weight gain even doing LC.

And the biggest reason for me was I just couldn't see myself doing a LC WOE for the rest of my life, no matter HOW I tried to convince myself I could do it. It would become too limited, too restrictive, and I would start to feel "left out" of the normal foods of life. Not the HFCS foods or the processed junk, but the veggies/fruits and grains. And when I added them back in I would feel guilty or worse and then I would just think "what the heck" and I would give up totally!

BUT now I KNOW I won't be doing the same thing this time around because I CAN see myself doing JUDDD for the rest of my life! It's easy, it's forgiving and the best part is there is no "black list" of foods. I eat the way I feel good about eating and what I feel good about eating and all I have to do is "diet" every other day. And I even love my DDs because it always feels like a "cleansing" day.

This is ME TO A T!!!!
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:57 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post

You and i must be TWINS!!! , cause i feel the exact same way,..and my varying experience w / LC has been quite similar...

Can I *LIVE* this way the rest of my life?...Absolutely!!
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:01 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
My LC woe helped me to understand food and what was in it. I reshaped my body but I could never do it long term and never got past 6 weeks. I started obsessing about food and it was all I though about. I knew this wasn't good for me but I didn't want to regain all the weight I lost. Then I wandered in here by accident because my sister had told me about this other diet and I mixed it up with this one LOL. The best thing is that I'm losing that obsession about food and I've not had a binge in 2 weeks yippee and thats why I love JUDDD and can keep it up for the rest of my life!
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:18 AM   #13
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
I love low-carb and primal but when it stopped working for me, no matter what I did, how much I cut out/back, it just stopped working for years.
I figured I had nothing to lose by trying juddd, and even though I'm still fighting the up day weight I gained last Saturday, it was a learning experience and my set point seems to have moved down, which is something it hadn't done in a very long time.
So 2 almost 2 weeks in, I'm down 3 pounds which is more than I had moved (other than the paleo challenge which was great) in years
This may not make a lot of sense, but overall I'm happy with being able to add more carbs, enjoy some of the foods I've stayed away from (carrots, sweet potatoes, etc)for a very long time, and still lose weight
I still like DD's better lol -must be the control issue.

http://www.thedailyplate.com/ <-- food and exercise tracking
http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:50 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
I'm one of the miserable ones on LC. When I first did Atkins years ago I felt great and had tons of energy, but now with other health problems involved, it just makes me feel more lethargic and grumpy. I feel deprived of things. If I want to make a LC dessert I have to use 20 ingredients just to make it taste right and who can always afford that??

Don't get me wrong, I know I don't need sugar, but I need to find a happy medium and I believe JUDDD is just that for me.

I feel great when I give my body a break from eating and the DDs will be just that. I do intermittent fasting some days and I can feel more energetic when I do it.

I think having the UDs will keep me from giving up

I still have a lot to learn about JUDDD and I'm going to read and read about this weekend and start Monday.

Hearing all of your successes with it has inspired me. Also, knowing it can work for a lifetime (as I don't feel LC can for me) is something that encourages me.
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I love low-carb and primal but when it stopped working for me, no matter what I did, how much I cut out/back, it just stopped working for years.
I figured I had nothing to lose by trying juddd, and even though I'm still fighting the up day weight I gained last Saturday, it was a learning experience and my set point seems to have moved down, which is something it hadn't done in a very long time.
So 2 almost 2 weeks in, I'm down 3 pounds which is more than I had moved (other than the paleo challenge which was great) in years
This may not make a lot of sense, but overall I'm happy with being able to add more carbs, enjoy some of the foods I've stayed away from (carrots, sweet potatoes, etc)for a very long time, and still lose weight
I still like DD's better lol -must be the control issue.
Dottie, I'm so happy you were able to get three more pounds off, and add in more carbs too. We all know that Dr. Atkins never intended for us to be remaining at extremely low carb levels forever, and he designed a plan which he hoped would bring us back up to eating well and healthfully, and that plan did include some carrots and sweet potatoes sometimes. I think over the ensuing years, his plan has been altered and bastardized by so many, both in what they themselves do and in what they pass on as fact, that most often his beautifully designed plan is never really followed. Instead of doing two weeks of induction and then on into the Ongoing Weight Loss phase, so many want to remain in induction, eating at very low and zero carb levels, until they bring on an extreme carb sensitivity in themselves, so that they can barely exist on anything but fat and protein. I'm certainly not advocating for GMO farming, but I don't think Mother Nature intended us to wander in a world of plant life and refrain from eating it.

I'm so glad you came over to the JUDDD plan. Glad you've lost three pounds already. Expect you'll lose more too! And enjoy a few bites of carrots and sweet potatoes and even more.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star73 View Post
I'm one of the miserable ones on LC. When I first did Atkins years ago I felt great and had tons of energy, but now with other health problems involved, it just makes me feel more lethargic and grumpy. I feel deprived of things. If I want to make a LC dessert I have to use 20 ingredients just to make it taste right and who can always afford that??

Don't get me wrong, I know I don't need sugar, but I need to find a happy medium and I believe JUDDD is just that for me.

I feel great when I give my body a break from eating and the DDs will be just that. I do intermittent fasting some days and I can feel more energetic when I do it.

I think having the UDs will keep me from giving up

I still have a lot to learn about JUDDD and I'm going to read and read about this weekend and start Monday.

Hearing all of your successes with it has inspired me. Also, knowing it can work for a lifetime (as I don't feel LC can for me) is something that encourages me.
Hi, Star! Boy! It's good to see you over here! I'm pretty excited for you and for the success I think you will be finding here very shortly!

Yes, do spend as many hours as you can reading here, because the best information on how to put a plan into actual practice very often comes out of the mouths that are having a lot of success on that very plan!

The foods that you choose to include in your diet are completely your choice. JUDDD doesn't care! We have people here who remain quite low carb, many who eat at a mid-range carb level, and the occasional one who eats even higher than that sometimes. (me) So if you want to remain low carb, you will have plenty of company, and if you want to increase the carbs in your diet, there are many of us who can help guide you there too, because..... you'll probably experience some water weight regain when you do, which usually shows back up on the scale again, and that water weight gain scares the dickens out of a lot of folks! But you're usually losing fat at the same time, and that's really what you want to be getting rid of.

Welcome! I think you're really going to like this plan. I think you're going to lose weight on this plan. I think you're going to really enjoy the foods you get to eat on this plan. And I think you're going to start feeling really, really great on this plan!

Last edited by SoHappy; 11-04-2011 at 09:58 AM..
Old 11-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Pat thank you SO much for being so nice and welcoming. It brought tears to my eyes and I'm trying to see through them as I type this.

I have been feeling like a failure on LC. I see so many people who are successful and I can't even make it a month before going off plan.

My DD even noticed my bad mood the other day and that made me feel horrible

I wasn't this way when I wasn't on LC.

Thanks again for your advice and encouragement. I'll know I'll have more questions with the more I read
Old 11-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #18

Quote:
Pat thank you SO much for being so nice and welcoming. It brought tears to my eyes and I'm trying to see through them as I type this.

I have been feeling like a failure on LC. I see so many people who are successful and I can't even make it a month before going off plan.

My DD even noticed my bad mood the other day and that made me feel horrible

I wasn't this way when I wasn't on LC.

Thanks again for your advice and encouragement. I'll know I'll have more questions with the more I read
Everyone here is very friendly and encouraging, so any questions you have.. feel free to just post them like crazy, and you'll get answers pretty promptly.

I was also one who didn't feel real good on low carb. But I feel fabulously amazing on mid-range carb. (Which, luckily, allows for... cookies.) Well, I feel better physically, and I feel so much happier, positive, joyful, and with a strong sense of well being these days. I certainly appreciate that.

So if you weren't one who felt really good at low carb levels, perhaps you will find higher carbs benefit you, like I did. And then JUDDD will help you manage all of your macro-groups.. fat & protein and carbohydrate.. in a good calorie range that will help you lose weight, and then maintain that loss easily. (And of course, once you're in maintenance, you probably won't be having Down Days at quite such low calorie levels, so that's even more fun!!!!!)
Old 11-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Wow, I can relate to something that each person has posted here!

LOL on the kidnapping Now the LC folks on the main lobby will be looking over their shoulders all the time, wondering if the unmarked van that pulled up behind them is full of JUDDD-buddds ready to jump out and grab them!

Sorry, I just have a wild imagination at times

I'm so glad JUDDD is helping all of you - relief from binges, social pressures, expense and time of recreating LC foods, etc. etc. Weight loss and better health! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!

to JUDDD, Star! Read and ask any questions that come to mind. So glad you're joining us!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 11-04-2011 at 12:11 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Sophie

I think I've been kidnapped

Ok I went to the JUDDD site and I'm supposed to have 2,076 calories on UDs and 415 on DDs.

I've read where some of you have a little bit more on DDs. I'll have to read more on this. A friend of mine is talking me into making some bone broth to help with fibromyalgia and RA pain so that may be good to have on the DDs. I'll just have to figure all of this out and read some more..
Old 11-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Thanks Sophie

If you wake up with a DD on each side of you and able to eat anything you want, then yes, assume you've been kidnapped!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Now the LC folks on the main lobby will be looking over their shoulders all the time, wondering if the unmarked van that pulled up behind them is full of JUDDD-buddds ready to jump out and grab them!

Sorry, I just have a wild imagination at times
Ahahaha, that's great!!!
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
great thread!
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muffin_maiden
Stats: Doesn't matter/its a number/healthy
Start Date: November 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post

I think a lot of the unhappiness, amidst the joy and successes, we see all over this board are people upset with their broken bodies, not with their WOE. I truly enjoy lower carb foods.

I relate to this completely! I do feel like something in my body is broken and always have. My binge eating disorder doesn't help things, and I wish I had realized I had it years ago.

But I have to say, even when I'm on a binge, I still notice I eat far less than my naturally thin boyfriend and friends. I could sit down and eat half a pack of Oreos in a sitting, but in that same sitting I've seen my boyfriend eat the other half, plus ice cream, and then usually make some toast with sugary jam after! And does he gain an ounce? Nope! And he's not active, either. He sleeps more than anyone I know!!

Same goes with a friend of mine out West. When we were in high school, she could eat me under the table day after day and stayed skinny as a rail. Still after two kids and subsisting on a diet mainly of starchy junk and donuts, she has the same figure she did in high school without a minute of exercise.

I think a big reason why I yo-yo on and off diets aside from my BED is the isolation I feel from the people around me. We are a group that loves to go out and eat. Its so hard to see everyone else passing around a huge plate of pasta or tearing into the bread on the table without getting even a little envious. Then the chorus of "Oh wow this is so fantastic!" echoing from everyone doesn't help either; especially when wherever we go can't seem to cook a hunk of meat properly! So I've actually stopped going out with my friends in an attempt to control my urges. Now I just send boyfriend out with them to have a good time and I stay home.

It might be good for my waistline, but it makes for some very lonely weekends!
muffin_maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Such a great thread to read. As most of us, I sure can relate to this. We have to "like" what we are doing, regardless if it's eating, working, exercising, etc for us to stick with it.

Welcome Star! As for your calories, play with it a bit. On DD's, some fast completely while others eat up to 800, I personally think 500 is a great all around figure, but the main thing is it's got to work for you. What works for 1 does not always work for another. On UD's, I don't usually see many over 1800, but we all have days

Regardless and unfortunately, in the end, its still all about calories in vs calories out.

It's not about PERFECT. It's about EFFORT. And when you implement that effort into your life...EVERY SINGLE DAY, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs. KEEP GOING. Remember why you STARTED.

I have not smoked a cigarette in over 1400 days!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Sophie

Ok I went to the JUDDD site and I'm supposed to have 2,076 calories on UDs and 415 on DDs.

I've read where some of you have a little bit more on DDs. I'll have to read more on this. A friend of mine is talking me into making some bone broth to help with fibromyalgia and RA pain so that may be good to have on the DDs. I'll just have to figure all of this out and read some more..
I've said before that I like even numbers. I'd go for 2000 and 500 if I were you
Old 11-05-2011, 06:27 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome Kelly!

Julie, 2,000 and 500 sound like good rounded numbers
Old 11-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb

Beeb--COULDN'T AGREE W/YOU MORE!
I want to do JUDDD for the rest of my life and NEVER do LC again.
I was SO SICK of trying to come up w/a variety of LC dinners when my husband and I were doing LC (several different times over the last 10 years) And we NEVER kept the weight off. I am also excited about all the health benefits, which, at my age, are very important. GREAT thread!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote