Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Oat fiber and psyllium?

Hello JUDDD buddds!

I got my batch of products from netrition and am loving the muffins with the gluc powder and oat fiber!!! So yummy!!!

So I started looking at the DD recipes more closely, and was wondering what the difference is between oat fiber and psyllium. And does it have to be psyllium powder or psyllium husk?

Thanks a million!
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'll be interested in reading the replies you get here. I don't use any of the products except the gluc powder sometimes, so can't offer anything here. Glad you're liking the muffin recipe though, because I think there are several flavors you can make.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I'll be interested in reading the replies you get here. I don't use any of the products except the gluc powder sometimes, so can't offer anything here. Glad you're liking the muffin recipe though, because I think there are several flavors you can make.
Thanks, Pat! Yes, the muffins are helping tremendously, as well as that gel you posted about making (with crystal light). They really help with hunger management. I didn't know what I was missing!
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
This whole fiber thing is interesting. While both of these oat fiber (I assume this is the same as oat bran) and psyllium are good the oat fiber may be more digestiable and thus have a few more callories. But at least oat bran has a type of digestiable fiber that may
reduce triglercides and insulin resistance. And it has beta glucan as one of it's fiber components that stimulates the immune system and may fight cancer. But unfortunitly a high fiber diet doesn't seem to help your insulin resistance if you are already verry overweigth.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Actually, they are not the same thing, so you need to be aware of that. Here are a couple of posts from last January explaining the issue a bit:

Oat fiber and Oat Bran are NOT the same. Oat fiber has had all the starch stripped from it and is only indigestible fiber and no digestible carbs. Oat bran still has starch.
..........ouizoid, 1-30-2011

If you look at the nutrition on the brands Netrition sells of these, the oat bran has 21 grams of net carbs per third cup, while the oat fiber has 0 grams per cup. I'm sure the oat bran is great in things, but not low carb.

I think the oat fiber is an extremely specialized product, normally only available to commercial bakeries and stuff? I am not surprised he hasn't heard of it. Netrition has a lot of very hard to find specialty low carb stuff for baking from this company.
..........ravenrose, 1-30-2011