Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
What To Do With All This LC Stuff?

I have several LC baking items that I'm sure I'm not going to be using anymore: Wheat Protein Isolate, a TON of almond flour, polyd, chia seed, coconut flour, and several other LC items that I'm not sure I want to use anymore since I don't have to find and make subs for my favorite things anymore.

Just wish I could figure out what to do with them.

Anyone else having this problem and if so, what are YOU going to do with your products?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I'll take 'em! lol

I bet you could find a use for the almond flour that isn't "diet" per se. Maybe something ethnic? And the chia seeds? Remember how good they are for you, you might want to sprinkle them on salads or something just for the Omega 3s.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
SOY flour was the only substitute flour I could find around here when I was LCg, and honestly, I didn't like it! Thought it lended a bitter taste to things, like my fried chicken. It's still in the freezer. I don't like to waste food, but unless I can be convinced otherwise, I might just throw it to the wind!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Gak! Soy flour is terrible tasting stuff, and that much concentrated soy is probably really unhealthy for one's thyroid and other hormone functioning. Just toss it and don't worry about it.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: newyorkmeg
Stats: 247/152/healthy 5'8"
WOE: Just LC
Start Date: 10/09
You could bake and I will drive to NJ!!!
newyorkmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Yes, I have the same problem. I have a giant bag of coconut flour I never even touched bc I read the same recipe over and over...wanting to try it...then when I finally got my online order, I couldn't find it or remember what recipe it was!

I am going to just keep baking w/it until it's gone. I'm not really sure I want to go back to white flour over almond flour anyway. I still think it's better for me but I also want JUDDD to work bc the cost of low carbing (when you do all the baking like we do) was getting to be a little much.

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:28 AM   #7
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Unopened I donate to the food pantry. Opened, I try to use it or just toss it.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I know what you mean, Deanne. I don't use many products either, and none of the special sweeteners, flours and bake mixes, and the expense is partly why. Other than glucomannan powder, a couple of the Walden Farms products and the low fat mayo or salad dressing on an occasional Down Day, that's about it for me. The only specialty item I've ever ordered is the gluc powder. I either buy something locally here, or not at all.

I just wanted to return to eating everything, but in modest portions. It's certainly easier to shop for groceries, and it's a lot easier on our grocery budget.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #9

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Speck beat me to it!!! I was going to say, I will take it off your hands for you. I have always wanted to try the polyd but was unwilling to order that online. My DD, who is only 10 years old, is diabetic so even though I may no longer be low carbing I know that I will not stop making low carb things for me and my family. beeb........Why let those things go to waste? Did you really hate baking and eating those things? I think you can still use them up, if you are willing to continue eating them.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm not sure what polyD is, but almond flour and coconut flour sound like they'd make some good cookies and cakes, and probably be combined with wheat flour if needed (like if those specialty flours had some texture or taste issues by themselves).

Chia seeds? *sings like the old annoying TV commercials* Ch-ch-ch-Chia!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Gak! Soy flour is terrible tasting stuff, and that much concentrated soy is probably really unhealthy for one's thyroid and other hormone functioning. Just toss it and don't worry about it.
Yeah, I think I'll just toss it and make room in my freezer for something I really like
Old 11-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #12

Yea, I guess I will still use the flours in my baking, there are some LC things I still like, but some of the stuff I'm going to toss out.

Thanks for the ideas everyone!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #13

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
tj/

Linda
I am so sorry about Miss Cleo. I just read your siggie. I know there are other threads on this, but wanted to say this here because I am not following those other ones. I am very very sorry to see that she is gone. Looks like a sweet sweet dog. I hope you are doing well.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Almond flour makes way better crust than graham cracker. That alone would make me keep it.
Coconut flour makes better cake than wheat. You just need to learn how to use it.
I still use it regularly for bean muffins but since it absorbs like crazy, just a couple T's.
healthy indulgences has c flour recipes, I think. The distributors, as well. Just google.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jjMustang
Stats: 256.6/208/185
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Low Cal: 04/2009; Low Carb: 12/2010
I'm still using mine. I'm particularly fond of the MIM (or OMM). I'm going to try some new bread recipes this weekend, I hope.
jjMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #16

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'd pitch the soy out for sure, and then after that.. if you don't want to fool with being low carb when you do your baking, I'd just use the rest of the stuff up in my regular baking, a bit at a time.

It does certainly simplify your kitchen if you can just have a few products on hand, and they suffice for all your cooking and baking needs.

And if you can include wheat in your diet these days on JUDDD, and if it doesn't bother you.. like you're not sensitive to gluten or anything, I'd not worry about it.

I have flour in my kitchen, but it would appall any good low carber. White flour, whole wheat flour, rye flour, ground flaxmeal, ground cornmeal, etc. It begins to look a lot like my mama's kitchen back in the early 1950's. I can almost see her checkered apron and her standing at the counter, stirring up a cake!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I have spelt flour, ww flour, all purpose, pastry, almond, coconut, flaxmeal and carbquick.
Same for sugars...icing, brown, splenda, e, xylitol, liquid sucralose, stevia, liquid stevia, honey, etc.

Even as a low carber, I would put a 1/2 cup of spelt or regular flour for some of my fave recipes. It reduced the cost and I have a higher threshold for carbs than most here seem to...

But really, our cupboards are overflowing and I'm going to have to cut it down!!!
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
tj/

Linda
I am so sorry about Miss Cleo. I just read your siggie. I know there are other threads on this, but wanted to say this here because I am not following those other ones. I am very very sorry to see that she is gone. Looks like a sweet sweet dog. I hope you are doing well.
Thank you.