Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: misslowcarbdiva
Stats: 173/138/135
WOE: 72 Atkins
Start Date: Mid Nov (got serious)
What are you going to do if Thanksgiving lands on a down day?

I haven't looked at the calendar to figure it out yet, but what are your plans if Thanksgiving is on a down day? Do you just indulge and then start back the next day??
misslowcarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I'd have a 2nd down day before then have thanksgiving be an up day. But i'm still new lol.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslowcarbdiva View Post
I haven't looked at the calendar to figure it out yet, but what are your plans if Thanksgiving is on a down day? Do you just indulge and then start back the next day??
No holiday or celebration or party or festival or special event ever lands on a Down Day! I see to that.

If Thanksgiving Thursday falls on a DD, that means that the preceding day (Wednesday) is an UD. What you want to do is push your week *further out* by one day and make that Wednesday's UD land on Thanksgiving Thursday instead. So..... When Wednesday comes, you turn it into a Medium Day. Calories midway between a DD and an UD. And then, the real Wednesday calories get pushed into Thursday instead, making it the new Up Day! Yay! And then Friday becomes a DD, and your rotation continues from there.

JUDDD allows you to be on a diet for weight loss at the same time it allows you to party and eat! Hard to believe. All it requires of you is to just respect your calorie ceilings, and it will do the rest to improve your health and slim you down.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I'd have a 2nd down day before then have thanksgiving be an up day. But i'm still new lol.
We're really not supposed to have two DDs in a row... and no need to either. Just insert that MD and shove everything one notch into the future.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
No holiday or celebration or party or festival or special event ever lands on a Down Day! I see to that.

If Thanksgiving Thursday falls on a DD, that means that the preceding day (Wednesday) is an UD. What you want to do is push your week *further out* by one day and make that Wednesday's UD land on Thanksgiving Thursday instead. So..... When Wednesday comes, you turn it into a Medium Day. Calories midway between a DD and an UD. And then, the real Wednesday calories get pushed into Thursday instead, making it the new Up Day! Yay! And then Friday becomes a DD, and your rotation continues from there.

JUDDD allows you to be on a diet for weight loss at the same time it allows you to party and eat! Hard to believe. All it requires of you is to just respect your calorie ceilings, and it will do the rest to improve your health and slim you down.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
Just what I did ^^^^ when I realized Thanksgiving was a DD. I put a MD in there 2 weeks ago to make sure when I got to Thanksgiving it was going to fall on an UD!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Those mid days are quite handy! I'll be using one of those on Friday
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I hope you enjoyed that wonderful lunch today, Julie! Key lime pie!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I hope you enjoyed that wonderful lunch today, Julie! Key lime pie!
She made angel food cake instead The salad was good though!
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:29 AM   #9
Administrator

MD's still confuse me lol.
Do you use them if you just messed up and overate on a DD?
Or do you use them when you're supposed to have an UD but just have no appetite?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:43 AM   #10

You could make a botched Down Day into a MD, and then attempt the DD again on the following day. You shouldn't just skip doing the DD, attempting to fool your body by calling it a MD and *eh... good enough* and blowing it off. So you can use a MD that way.

And you could do the opposite, but it's really the best to try to keep most UDs up closer to the correct number. I mean, do you really think the calorie calculators are so far wrong that your maintenance number isn't even close to what they say? Those DD calories are set so low, they are intended to more than counter a full UD's calories.

And because DDs give us very little food, even when it is great food, we also get only a small amount of real nutrition. So on an UD, we're trying to get in the needed nutrition to cover TWO days, so to speak. I'd hate to have any of us have to use a MD in place of an UD very often.

And the rotation would call for that UD to be done the following day anyway, rather than just being skipped over.

Mostly the MD is used just to alter the rotation of our days with the goal of making a future date land on an UD instead of the DD as it sits right now.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:49 AM   #11
Administrator

Thanks Pat
(*note to self: avoid MD's lol)
Old 11-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
this is why my days are the same every week. i know without counting if a day is an UD or DD. M-W-F are DDs, T-TH are UDs, sat-sun are M/UDs. every week, the same.
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
this is why my days are the same every week. i know without counting if a day is an UD or DD. M-W-F are DDs, T-TH are UDs, sat-sun are M/UDs. every week, the same.

i like this way of thinking..
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:44 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LaurieKeren
Stats: 198.6/191.4/120
WOE: moderate low carb; healthy food choices
Start Date: 05/27/2014 (this time, haha)
Quote:
This is what I do. It would be very hard for me to do down days on the weekends. My life just doesn't work that way. We are always out and about on the weekends, shopping, visiting friends and family, and going out to eat. We live 20 miles from town, and hubby is not the type to stay at home all day Sat and Sun.

As for the holidays landing on a DD, it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I'd just change the days up in whatever way suits me best. And if I end up with too many UDs in a row, I'll recover later, lol. I'm very flexible that way, and because of that I have slower weight loss. I have a hard time being very regimented with anything, and that includes a WOE.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I have had a couple of times that I skipped a DD and had 2 UD's in a row and it
hasn't seemed to be a problem then I am doing a condinced eating window so
that may make it different. I know thanksgiving will be an UD for me then I have
to go to a dinner party for a friend of mine that friday. Again I am not realy woried
about having another 2 UD's in a row then either I just need to make sure it
doesn't get to be a habit.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:16 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
This is what I am doing, it just makes it easier to know the m/w/f is dd's and t/th is ud's.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Ok ladies that say Mon,Wed, and Fri are up days Tues and Thurs down days, then what do you do on Sat and Sun???? So far my up days just so happened this week on Mon,Wed and Friday so I'd love to know what to do on Sat and Sun!!! I think this would be a good way to eat the same way everyweek! (but then Thanksgiving day is on a ... THURSDAY ugg!) lol I will just have a medium day the day before that's all.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok ladies that say Mon,Wed, and Fri are up days Tues and Thurs down days, then what do you do on Sat and Sun???? So far my up days just so happened this week on Mon,Wed and Friday so I'd love to know what to do on Sat and Sun!!! I think this would be a good way to eat the same way everyweek! (but then Thanksgiving day is on a ... THURSDAY ugg!) lol I will just have a medium day the day before that's all.
You schedule would be like this

M: UD
T: DD
W: UD
TH: DD
F: UD
S: DD
S: MD

or

M: UD
T: DD
W: UD
TH: DD
F: UD
S: DD

I do the exact opposite so that I am getting my DD's during the week and then my weekends are MD's and UD's

M: DD
T: UD
W: DD
TH: UD
F: DD
S: UD

(or i will switch saturday and sunday and do sat UD and Sun MD, just depends on what is going on that weekend)

I do my official weigh ins on Saturday which gives me three DD's under my belt for the week.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #19

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
I was just wondering how to make Thanksgiving an UD, right now it falls on a DD. Great ideas. I specifically like yours Kris4Chloe because it allows me to enjoy eating with my family or even better wings on Sunday for football season. Thanks everyone!
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
I do the exact opposite so that I am getting my DD's during the week and then my weekends are MD's and UD's

M: DD
T: UD
W: DD
TH: UD
F: DD
S: UD

(or i will switch saturday and sunday and do sat UD and Sun MD, just depends on what is going on that weekend)

I do my official weigh ins on Saturday which gives me three DD's under my belt for the week.
EXACTLY what i do!
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I was just wondering how to make Thanksgiving an UD, right now it falls on a DD. Great ideas. I specifically like yours Kris4Chloe because it allows me to enjoy eating with my family or even better wings on Sunday for football season. Thanks everyone!
You post made me laugh.. about the wings on Sundays during football season.

Isn't it amazing how you can arrange to eat, feast, celebrate with special foods for the occasion, and..... still be on a weight loss diet that is effective and making you skinny as the weeks go by? Hard to believe!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:18 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Kris4Chole thank you!! One more question.. what do I eat on my medium day? which would be on Saturdays? And is a medium day an inbetween day like say instead of going down to five hundred cals maybe eat 1000?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kris4Chole thank you!! One more question.. what do I eat on my medium day? which would be on Saturdays? And is a medium day an inbetween day like say instead of going down to five hundred cals maybe eat 1000?
my DD's are 500 and my UD's are 2000 ( i aim for 1800-2000 but have been known to go up to 2200 and still lose)

I do my MD's at around 1000 but will allow myself to go up to 1200. Basically I plan for a 1000 calories but leave myself some wiggle room.

So yes MD is half way between DD and UD
Old 11-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #24

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You post made me laugh.. about the wings on Sundays during football season.

Isn't it amazing how you can arrange to eat, feast, celebrate with special foods for the occasion, and..... still be on a weight loss diet that is effective and making you skinny as the weeks go by? Hard to believe!
It is, I can't believe it. I love low carb/induction but I need more variety w/o the scale remaining stagnant or going up if I eat 'off plan'. I'm sloooowly adding back carbs to see how my body tolerates it. This board has been a wealth of information.
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rainypep
Stats: 228(242-highest)/154/Prego #3/125
WOE: my plan
Start Date: 3/9/06
This is where I am in a bind because My b-day is the day after Thanksgiving and I want to enjoy both...boy is this a have your cake and eat it too moment. This is going to take some figuring out but I will and I will have what I want. Only a week in and I am determined to enjoy life and eating and never feel deprived again. I am open to suggestions!
Rainypep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
shari[/B];15146031]It is, I can't believe it. I love low carb/induction but I need more variety w/o the scale remaining stagnant or going up if I eat 'off plan'. I'm sloooowly adding back carbs to see how my body tolerates it. This board has been a wealth of information.
Well, we generally gain a bit of water weight back if we bring carbs back into our diet, but I thought it was more than worth it, and relaxed when I realized that it was just water weight and not more FAT weight. The fat continued to melt away, so I was happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Rainypep[/B];15146047]This is where I am in a bind because My b-day is the day after Thanksgiving and I want to enjoy both...boy is this a have your cake and eat it too moment. This is going to take some figuring out but I will and I will have what I want. Only a week in and I am determined to enjoy life and eating and never feel deprived again. I am open to suggestions!
Maybe you could make one of the days an UD and the other a *slightly generous* MD and then Saturday could be a very good DD.

That way, you should have enough calories for each of the two days to be able to enjoy both celebrations.

For myself, Thanksgiving would be the UD because we eat the main big feast at midday, and then do it all over again on the leftovers for supper!

For my birthday the following day, for me that is usually just a single celebratory meal with cake and ice cream, so a MD would suffice for that and give me enough calories to enjoy the nice birthday meal.

Sounds like it's going to be a fun two days for you!

Last edited by SoHappy; 11-03-2011 at 09:34 AM..
Old 11-05-2011, 05:45 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
I'm another fixed-day-of-the-week JUDDDer. M-W-F are my DDs, T -Th are my UDs, and Sat-Sun are generally UD/MD. I may change that up occasionally, depending on what's going on. But, since I work M-F and I find it's easier to do DDs at work, I make 3 out of those 5 work days DDs. However, I have done a handful of DDs on a weekend, so I know it's do-able when I have to. So I won't be needing a MD to adjust my rotation...t-giving lands on a normal UD. But if it had landed on a DD, I would also (like other have stated) insert a MD.

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:40 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
I personally am just going to EAT. If I can't splurge once in a while, what is the point! Life is to short to constantly be making concessions.
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:42 AM   #29
Administrator

It will be an UD for me, but my sil is wanting to cook this year, and her cooking is awful lol. I may make it a DD just to have an excuse not to eat her cooking
Old 11-05-2011, 07:20 AM   #30

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
It will be an UD for me, but my sil is wanting to cook this year, and her cooking is awful lol. I may make it a DD just to have an excuse not to eat her cooking
You took the words right out of my mouth! I've completely FASTED on Thanksgiving before. Peeved the heck out of my Mother! But if the meals aren't anything special then it's no big deal. if they make mac and cheese once more, I might not even pretend to eat it.

Mac and cheese for Thanksgiving? How Boring, the Starch should at least be good meaty juicy dressing. Plus now that everyone realizes that cauliflower and cheese tastes much better than mac and cheese, they are on a low fat kick so I'm still not allowed to make it. . Boiled green beans, baked turkey, sugary cranberry sauce, Meh!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote