Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth! I've completely FASTED on Thanksgiving before. Peeved the heck out of my Mother! But if the meals aren't anything special then it's no big deal. if they make mac and cheese once more, I might not even pretend to eat it.

Mac and cheese for Thanksgiving? How Boring, the Starch should at least be good meaty juicy dressing. Plus now that everyone realizes that cauliflower and cheese tastes much better than mac and cheese, they are on a low fat kick so I'm still not allowed to make it. . Boiled green beans, baked turkey, sugary cranberry sauce, Meh!
Metqa! I am so going to your family's place for Thanksgiving!

(Apparently a part of my problem with overweight is that I never met a morsel of food I didn't like. LOL There is no such thing as bad food... some dishes are just better than others.)

And this year, DH and I will just be going out for Thanksgiving dinner together at a place offering a nice buffet, so no leftovers for us. Which is almost better than having the dinner in the first place. Maybe I'll bake a pie anyway........
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #32
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
(Apparently a part of my problem with overweight is that I never met a morsel of food I didn't like. LOL There is no such thing as bad food... some dishes are just better than others.)
Pat come to my sister-in-laws, we'll "fix that right outta ya" lol
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
That bad, huh? I'm so sorry.....
Old 11-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #34

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Last year, my sis was in charge of the green beans, ... they were so salty they were inedible!

One year I went to BF's family for Thanksgiving. I couldn't believe that EVERYTHING WAS DELICIOUS even the yam dish the guest brought that no one liked cause they don't like yams. There were multiple choices for everything, two green bean dishes, two potato dishes, two types of pies, two types of turkey breast, Yess, they had two differently seasoned turkey breasts. lot's of beverage choices. It was Thanksgiving Heaven, I had some of everything and felt guilty about none of it. and went back for seconds. Then the next day the Turkey became Tetrazinni and I stuffed myself with that too, cause She only makes it once a year, but it's totally awesome!!

Sorry, I think if my family reads this they may feel inferior , but I can't help liking exceptionally good food. The way BF's Mom does it is to find out what dishes everyone likes and makes at least one of them per person.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #35

Quote:
Last year, my sis was in charge of the green beans, ... they were so salty they were inedible!

One year I went to BF's family for Thanksgiving. I couldn't believe that EVERYTHING WAS DELICIOUS even the yam dish the guest brought that no one liked cause they don't like yams. There were multiple choices for everything, two green bean dishes, two potato dishes, two types of pies, two types of turkey breast, Yess, they had two differently seasoned turkey breasts. lot's of beverage choices. It was Thanksgiving Heaven, I had some of everything and felt guilty about none of it. and went back for seconds. Then the next day the Turkey became Tetrazinni and I stuffed myself with that too, cause She only makes it once a year, but it's totally awesome!!

Sorry, I think if my family reads this they may feel inferior , but I can't help liking exceptionally good food. The way BF's Mom does it is to find out what dishes everyone likes and makes at least one of them per person.
OK... that's ^ ^ ^ the one I want to show up for!

What a sweet woman!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:03 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: misslowcarbdiva
Stats: 173/138/135
WOE: 72 Atkins
Start Date: Mid Nov (got serious)
Thank you Judd diet! ( I fearfully went to the calendar and looked and my UP lands on THANKSGIVING!!!) I am now so looking forward to Thanksgiving, being able to eat everything I want without guilt AND to still be able to lose weight! WONDERFUL!!!!!
misslowcarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:13 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeahGraceG
Stats: 150 (postpartum)/119.6/110 (someday after baby)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Nov 2011
I am DEFINITELY engineering in a MD if Thanksgiving lands on a DD for me. No way am I having a DD at my sister's foodalicious eat-fest! (Not to mention the, er, rather copious amounts of wine that end up being consumed that day... though maybe not for my nursing self this year...)

I've been low-carb or low-cal every Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember. Can't wait to have a holiday on which I don't feel guilty for indulging -- and even feel virtuous because it's "boosting my metabolism in prep for my DD." I already love JUDDD.
33 yrs old
LeahGraceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslowcarbdiva View Post
Thank you Judd diet! ( I fearfully went to the calendar and looked and my UP lands on THANKSGIVING!!!) I am now so looking forward to Thanksgiving, being able to eat everything I want without guilt AND to still be able to lose weight! WONDERFUL!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahGraceG View Post
I am DEFINITELY engineering in a MD if Thanksgiving lands on a DD for me. No way am I having a DD at my sister's foodalicious eat-fest! (Not to mention the, er, rather copious amounts of wine that end up being consumed that day... though maybe not for my nursing self this year...)

I've been low-carb or low-cal every Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember. Can't wait to have a holiday on which I don't feel guilty for indulging -- and even feel virtuous because it's "boosting my metabolism in prep for my DD." I already love JUDDD.
Cracking up from reading you two guys!

Yup, pretty fun to know you're going to be sitting at that Thanksgiving table, able to enjoy some of everything, and........... still be on your diet plan!
Old 11-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
I like all the different schedule variations to try. I am personally going every other day right now, because I want to make sure everything "works" for me.
But, I want to move to a M-W-F DD, T-Th UD, Sat-Sun MD/UD schedule later. My only problem is we socialize tons, so I would probably have a Fri each month that I would need to change to a UD.
Do any of you with this schedule have this problem?
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
My birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year so it will definitely be an UD!!! Actually I plan on making it a FD....not counting a single one of those delicious calories. Friday will just have to be a DD and I'll resist the "carby" leftovers and stick with turkey. JUDD!
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
How I wish I had been juddding for my 40th this year!
I had a 3 tier chocolate cake (my first ever birthday cake!) and had not a crumb!
I had only been on Atkins 12 days..was still on induction, and hoping for good things.
If only I had known about the juddd woe...and that I wouldnt lose on atkins!
I still mourne that cake..it smelled so good...and was in the house a week, as I gave it out to friends.
This xmas and next birthday, I am gonna be face first into the cake!!
(wish we did thanksgiving here!)

hugs
jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #42
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Quote:
Last year, my sis was in charge of the green beans, ... they were so salty they were inedible! :
THIS ^^^^^ is why I do all the cooking, year after year! At least (well, from what I've been told) all my holiday meals are "good food"!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceNforall View Post
Actually I plan on making it a FD....not counting a single one of those delicious calories. Friday will just have to be a DD and I'll resist the "carby" leftovers and stick with turkey. JUDD!
This will be me. I'm making it a free day and will be doing a good DD on Friday.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Oh yeah, T-giving will be a Free Day for sure!

And while we're at it, Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day will be UD for me (and possibly both FD) because we do lots of eating both days, and I'm going to enjoy it. I'm in maintenance and this one time doing two days in a row WON'T be the end of the world!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #45

I've been invited to make the Cauliflower and Cheese Dish, So Yay, I'll have something I like. But I agreed to make it with half regular cream cheese and half FAt Free. Oh well.

But I've been officially invited to BF's Friday Family thanksgiving, so, I will have two up days in a row, and I just realized that I botched my rhythm last week so I have to make today a Down/Medium Day to fix it so that Thursday is an Up Day.

I decided not to wait to the day before cause I need an UP Day to eat up some food going bad before I leave town. I need that whole up day cause I'm gonna make Baked Eggplant with Mozzerella to use up my eggplant and mozzerella cheese. they won't last till next week. The whole recipe is the same as my full Up Day calories, so I'll have it for breakfast Lunch and Dinner. So Easy. I should do that more often.

I know Thanksgiving won't be EFGT ratios and I'm considering whether I should make a batch of ghee to take with me to pour over everything! LOL
Old 11-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I'll work in MDs to make sure the day after Thanksgiving (that's when we're celebrating it) and Christmas Day and New Year's Eve will be UDs for me. I plan to have champagne on NYE and I highly doubt I'd be able to stick DDs on any of these holidays, so this just takes the stress out of it for me.

I know that I can lose on JUDDD now, so suddenly I don't feel the need to lose it all immediately, especially with holidays coming up fast. Love this WOE!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
I'll work in MDs to make sure the day after Thanksgiving (that's when we're celebrating it) and Christmas Day and New Year's Eve will be UDs for me. I plan to have champagne on NYE and I highly doubt I'd be able to stick DDs on any of these holidays, so this just takes the stress out of it for me.

I know that I can lose on JUDDD now, so suddenly I don't feel the need to lose it all immediately, especially with holidays coming up fast. Love this WOE!
and great insight!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Piccina
Stats: 130/111/100 (5'2")
Start Date: November 13/2011, restarted Feburary 25/2012
Thank goodness thanksgiving in Canada was over a month ago, because it's a DD for me and I'm still in induction. But on the same token, I'm kind of wondering what to do about Christmas Eve and Christmas? We have family dinners both days, and I don't know how I can get away with not eating at one of them... :S
Piccina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccina View Post
Thank goodness thanksgiving in Canada was over a month ago, because it's a DD for me and I'm still in induction. But on the same token, I'm kind of wondering what to do about Christmas Eve and Christmas? We have family dinners both days, and I don't know how I can get away with not eating at one of them... :S
I am making Christmas Day a MD for myself and having a great time with family and friends! If I over eat, I over eat but I'm not worried because if I gain a bit it will come right off, as it always does, with the next couple of good DDs!

Enjoy your special days!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:10 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chona
Start Date: November 8, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Just what I did ^^^^ when I realized Thanksgiving was a DD. I put a MD in there 2 weeks ago to make sure when I got to Thanksgiving it was going to fall on an UD!!
Yes, I did this, too, thanks to Linda. She helped me adjust my days so no worries for Thursday. But it's Friday I'm sweating now!
Chona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:13 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Monday was a UD for me so thanksgiving would normaly be a DD so I may let today
be a MD to get me back on track. But I also have a diner party I have to go to friday
so that will be either a MD or UD as well. I have thrown in an extra UD on several other
occasions and it just slowed my weight loss for that week. I realy am looking foward to
being able to eat this thanksgiving and not feeling guilty about how much I am gaining
or what this is doing to my blood sugar! Although it's been said many times many ways
I love this WOE!
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:58 AM   #52

I'm still taking my carb blocker pills with me! LOL.