Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: misslowcarbdiva
Stats: 173/138/135
WOE: 72 Atkins
Start Date: Mid Nov (got serious)
Has anyone used Shakeology drinks for down days?

I am day 2 of my JUDD/low carb diet. My girlfriend has a pound of chocolate shakeology that she never opened and she is sending it to me in the mail, should arrive this week. I tried a sample of the shakeology drink about a year ago and I remember two things about it, one it left me very full and two (this may be TMI) but I do remember when I went to the bathroom, lets just say that EVERYTHING came out. The ingrediants seem healthier then the Atkins shakes so I was wondering if there is anyone else doing the Judd/low carb diet who is also taking the Shakeology drink. If so how do you like them?
misslowcarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I haven't, so can't give you any feedback there, but just wanted to say that on JUDDD, all you have to do is count the calories and stay within your calorie limits.

Most of us don't use shakes to make it through our Down Days because they just don't seem to keep us full, but if these shakes do keep you feeling full and satisfied, there is no reason why you can't use them. Good luck.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
If you like them and they are within your calories for your DD, have at them!! Whatever works for you is the JUDDD way, just as long as you do your JUDDD calories everything else you do is up to you!

to JUDDD, BTW!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #4

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
I have not used these particular shakes, but, I do use shakes on my DD's. I typically have two per day, plus a meal. I mainly use the shakes because I have three canisters to use up, lol. I finished one today, so am down to two now. It's working for me fine.
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Erikasmommy
Stats: 179/168/145
WOE: Juddd- just starting
Start Date: Started Juddd 10/20/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslowcarbdiva View Post
I am day 2 of my JUDD/low carb diet. My girlfriend has a pound of chocolate shakeology that she never opened and she is sending it to me in the mail, should arrive this week. I tried a sample of the shakeology drink about a year ago and I remember two things about it, one it left me very full and two (this may be TMI) but I do remember when I went to the bathroom, lets just say that EVERYTHING came out. The ingrediants seem healthier then the Atkins shakes so I was wondering if there is anyone else doing the Judd/low carb diet who is also taking the Shakeology drink. If so how do you like them?
I tried to the first DD I did and I was starving. I really like Shakeology, it's tasty and healthy.. but it doesn't really fill me up! Also, it is too expensive for me ... I have a half a bag leftover from the few months I tried it
Erikasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
I tried a protein shake the first DD day and found that after an hour or so I was starving. I was used to having my protein shakes with more body in them (added cream) and on DD because of the calories I made it with water .... UGH! So I decided that shakes don't work for me on DDs. I just keep it natural with a little bit of lower fat meats and a lot of vegetables.

And oh!
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I just got mine in the mail. I mixed two scoops with a fourth of a banana and a two cups of water, I gotta say it taste good and so far I feel very full!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #8

Quote:
I just got mine in the mail. I mixed two scoops with a fourth of a banana and a two cups of water, I gotta say it taste good and so far I feel very full!
How many calories are in a scoop, and about how big do you think the scoop is?
Old 11-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

150 cals are in a scoop. But this morning the only thing I had is one Atkins shake and I walked up and down hills for an hour I decided this evening that two scoops would be good with a 1/4 of a banana.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #10

Quote:
150 cals are in a scoop. But this morning the only thing I had is one Atkins shake and I walked up and down hills for an hour I decided this evening that two scoops would be good with a 1/4 of a banana.
Sounds like after the hiking, you were ready to fuel up again!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Actually I know my girlfriend had said that my shakeology shake mix would be in the mail today so I was STARVING all day until the mailman came.. then i was like FINALLY!!!! LOL

so far so good I am happy! lol
Old 11-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Actually I know my girlfriend had said that my shakeology shake mix would be in the mail today so I was STARVING all day until the mailman came.. then i was like FINALLY!!!! LOL

so far so good I am happy! lol
You are so good! I'd have probably made myself a sandwich while I waited.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
Hi: I tried shakeology shakes when I first started - only two weeks ago. I wanted to start but wasn't sure what to eat. I also read on a website that for the first two weeks they suggested shakes on DD.

Trouble was, the reason we had a supply of shakeology shakes was because we got too hungry drinking them in place of a meal. I would be starving an hour later.

Well, after my first (maybe second) DD, I realized that the incredible hunger would be my undoing. I also was reading on this site that many people skipped the two week shake only part of JUDDD and ate their 500 or less calories instead and still lost. I also found recipe threads here and decided that I would try eating my calories too.

Eating on DDs now allows me to have vegie days. This is what I find I keep coming back to. On DDs now I feel much more satisfied now that I'm eating actual food.

Everyone, though, is different, so.....

As far as the shakes themselves, they're tasty and very easy to make. I used my bullet blender and threw in some ice cubes.....really delicious - hit that "chocolate" button!! Mmmmm!!