Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Has anyone used Shakeology drinks for down days? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/743972-has-anyone-used-shakeology-drinks-down-days.html)

misslowcarbdiva 11-02-2011 04:35 PM

Has anyone used Shakeology drinks for down days?
 
I am day 2 of my JUDD/low carb diet. My girlfriend has a pound of chocolate shakeology that she never opened and she is sending it to me in the mail, should arrive this week. I tried a sample of the shakeology drink about a year ago and I remember two things about it, one it left me very full and two (this may be TMI) but I do remember when I went to the bathroom, lets just say that EVERYTHING came out. The ingrediants seem healthier then the Atkins shakes so I was wondering if there is anyone else doing the Judd/low carb diet who is also taking the Shakeology drink. If so how do you like them?

SoHappy 11-02-2011 04:53 PM

I haven't, so can't give you any feedback there, but just wanted to say that on JUDDD, all you have to do is count the calories and stay within your calorie limits.

Most of us don't use shakes to make it through our Down Days because they just don't seem to keep us full, but if these shakes do keep you feeling full and satisfied, there is no reason why you can't use them. Good luck.

Beeb 11-02-2011 06:09 PM

If you like them and they are within your calories for your DD, have at them!! Whatever works for you is the JUDDD way, just as long as you do your JUDDD calories everything else you do is up to you!

:welcome: to JUDDD, BTW!!

Cruzcrzy 11-02-2011 06:11 PM

I have not used these particular shakes, but, I do use shakes on my DD's. I typically have two per day, plus a meal. I mainly use the shakes because I have three canisters to use up, lol. I finished one today, so am down to two now. It's working for me fine.

Erikasmommy 11-03-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslowcarbdiva (Post 15144463)
I am day 2 of my JUDD/low carb diet. My girlfriend has a pound of chocolate shakeology that she never opened and she is sending it to me in the mail, should arrive this week. I tried a sample of the shakeology drink about a year ago and I remember two things about it, one it left me very full and two (this may be TMI) but I do remember when I went to the bathroom, lets just say that EVERYTHING came out. The ingrediants seem healthier then the Atkins shakes so I was wondering if there is anyone else doing the Judd/low carb diet who is also taking the Shakeology drink. If so how do you like them?

I tried to the first DD I did and I was starving. I really like Shakeology, it's tasty and healthy.. but it doesn't really fill me up! Also, it is too expensive for me ... I have a half a bag leftover from the few months I tried it :)

Lori-s 11-03-2011 08:32 PM

I tried a protein shake the first DD day and found that after an hour or so I was starving. I was used to having my protein shakes with more body in them (added cream) and on DD because of the calories I made it with water .... UGH! So I decided that shakes don't work for me on DDs. I just keep it natural with a little bit of lower fat meats and a lot of vegetables.

And oh!
:welcome:

misslowcarbdiva 11-05-2011 04:22 PM

I just got mine in the mail. I mixed two scoops with a fourth of a banana and a two cups of water, I gotta say it taste good and so far I feel very full!

SoHappy 11-05-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslowcarbdiva (Post 15151969)
I just got mine in the mail. I mixed two scoops with a fourth of a banana and a two cups of water, I gotta say it taste good and so far I feel very full!

How many calories are in a scoop, and about how big do you think the scoop is?

misslowcarbdiva 11-05-2011 04:32 PM

150 cals are in a scoop. But this morning the only thing I had is one Atkins shake and I walked up and down hills for an hour I decided this evening that two scoops would be good with a 1/4 of a banana.

SoHappy 11-05-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslowcarbdiva (Post 15151992)
150 cals are in a scoop. But this morning the only thing I had is one Atkins shake and I walked up and down hills for an hour I decided this evening that two scoops would be good with a 1/4 of a banana.

Sounds like after the hiking, you were ready to fuel up again!

misslowcarbdiva 11-05-2011 04:42 PM

Actually I know my girlfriend had said that my shakeology shake mix would be in the mail today so I was STARVING all day until the mailman came.. then i was like FINALLY!!!! LOL

so far so good I am happy! lol

SoHappy 11-05-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misslowcarbdiva (Post 15152036)
Actually I know my girlfriend had said that my shakeology shake mix would be in the mail today so I was STARVING all day until the mailman came.. then i was like FINALLY!!!! LOL

so far so good I am happy! lol

You are so good! I'd have probably made myself a sandwich while I waited. :laugh: ;)

2muchme 11-05-2011 08:40 PM

Hi: I tried shakeology shakes when I first started - only two weeks ago. I wanted to start but wasn't sure what to eat. I also read on a website that for the first two weeks they suggested shakes on DD.

Trouble was, the reason we had a supply of shakeology shakes was because we got too hungry drinking them in place of a meal. I would be starving an hour later.

Well, after my first (maybe second) DD, I realized that the incredible hunger would be my undoing. I also was reading on this site that many people skipped the two week shake only part of JUDDD and ate their 500 or less calories instead and still lost. I also found recipe threads here and decided that I would try eating my calories too.

Eating on DDs now allows me to have vegie days. This is what I find I keep coming back to. On DDs now I feel much more satisfied now that I'm eating actual food.

Everyone, though, is different, so.....

As far as the shakes themselves, they're tasty and very easy to make. I used my bullet blender and threw in some ice cubes.....really delicious - hit that "chocolate" button!! Mmmmm!!:yummy:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 AM.