Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 142/119.6/115
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 2014
Do yall think this will work?

I will be done with my HCG on Saturday but I still want to loose more. Since I have never done HCG before I dont know what will happen but here is my plan. I want to move onto JUDDD but eat P3 foods for the first three weeks while doing my UP days and DD. Do yall think I could still loose some weight that way?
Idreamofweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I will let the HCG protocol devotees answer this from their perspective, but as far as JUDDD is concerned... it doesn't care what plan or food list or even calorie level you came from previous to starting JUDDD. It is there just to give you the benefit from doing the huge alternation from fasting to feasting, fasting to feasting, Down Day to Up Day.....

You already have the fasting part down pat if you're coming off HCG shortly. LOL Now you will be able to feed your body well and stimulate your metabolism and good health with those fabulous UDs.

I've followed some of the HCG threads with great interest, and have been fascinated with how it works. I know I could never follow this type of a diet for myself because from my past history, I know that bringing my calories down and holding them there day after day after day always, always, always has been a ruination for me, resulting in my metabolism slowing drastically, and then me having the very hell to pay to try to get it back up a bit. So for myself it's always been important to keep from going too low and sitting there. It always has had a bad effect on me.

But it's been very interesting to read about it from other's stories. I'll look forward to what those with more knowledge of the protocol suggest to guide you. And I certainly look forward to having you here, doing JUDDD with us!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Believe me I look foward to it too! I have already "messed up" on HCG because I wanted to EAT! I am looking foward to having a real meal. I guess I am just scared. I dont want to be back where I was.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #4

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Although I've done 2 rounds of hhcg very successfully, I am not sure how to advise you. I jumped into JUDDD after my second round, and after about 8 days into P4. My first round I did about 3 weeks of P3, and 2-3 weeks of P4 before jumping into my second round. I think the minimum you should do before jumping into JUDDD is the 3 weeks in P3. This will help you stabilize and give your body a break. I think P3/P4 is also designed to reset your metabolism.

Pat, I look back now and I don't even know how I got through two rounds of hhcg, I truly don't. I'm glad I did, but, I still can't believe it, lol.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
..........Pat, I look back now and I don't even know how I got through two rounds of hhcg, I truly don't. I'm glad I did, but, I still can't believe it, lol..........
I know I would have been able to do the 500 calories per day part, as after the first few days of doing very low cal, I lose most appetite, and then I'm not bothered with wanting to eat anymore. So the doing it part I could handle.

But the result would be some very good weight loss in the early days of my round, and then my metabolism crashing, with resulting very slow - or no - weight loss to speak of later in the round.

And I have the kind of metabolism that once it's triggered by ongoing low calorie levels, it settles itself right down at those levels and is content to conserve and preserve me from that day on, on very little food, with the result that when I want to eat more.. I put on the fat! Lowering my calories and staying there is just ruinous to my metabolism!

But it's very interesting to watch from afar.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss View Post
Believe me I look foward to it too! I have already "messed up" on HCG because I wanted to EAT! I am looking foward to having a real meal. I guess I am just scared. I dont want to be back where I was.
I am in the same position...what to do come Saturday. I can either do the interruption for a couple days and start back on HCG again OR tell myself I am pretty close to goal as is and move to JUDDD while doing P3....decisions, decisions
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #7

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Pat

The thing most people don't understand with the hcg, is that this plan we are on will NOT work without it!! You simply must have the hcg. If I were to eat 500 calories without it, I would not have done this as long as I have. It works!! I have a bum thyroid, am in adrenal fatigue, was pre-diabetic, have blood sugar issues, have sex hormonal issues....I could go on LOL. I am a hormonal mess. And then I found hcg. It worked. I got to my goal weight. Then life slammed me on my face. Gained some back from some very emotional/familial medical issues. It has been one long, hard, hellaicious year to say the least!! I am back on the hcg til I reach goal, then I will do 3 weeks of P3 eating then onto JUDDD for my maintenance. That is what I have been lacking since I have gotten to goal last summer---a plan to keep the weight off!!!! I think I have finally figured out how I want to maintain the weight loss. Thank goodness for y'all!!! I cannot wait!!!

So, my point idream is you really should do P3 first. Then you can start JUDDD. You really do want to remain stable once you are done with hcg and the way to do that is through P3 eating. Believe it or not, eating not enough will screw up your metabolism---after doing the hcg. You really should follow through with Dr Simeon's plan for P3.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thanks dawn for the input
Old 11-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #9

Dawn, you are exactly the voice of experience to guide her.

And very interesting about your experiences and success on HCG. I'm so sorry about you having had this tough year though. Hope everything bad is behind you and there is nothing but blue skies from here on out!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #10

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post

And very interesting about your experiences and success on HCG. I'm so sorry about you having had this tough year though. Hope everything bad is behind you and there is nothing but blue skies from here on out!
Dawn,

I am glad you saw this post. You are the perfect one to advise. I am just so excited for you to become a JUDDD'er with us . I am confident it is going to work perfectly for you in maintenance.
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Dawn. I will go ahead and do three weeks of a regular P3 then. I do want to loose more though just not through the HCG. My hope is after the three weeks of protocol P3 then moving on to JUDDD I can countine to loose just a bit more. I'd really like to get to 110-115.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss View Post
Thanks Dawn. I will go ahead and do three weeks of a regular P3 then. I do want to loose more though just not through the HCG. My hope is after the three weeks of protocol P3 then moving on to JUDDD I can countine to loose just a bit more. I'd really like to get to 110-115.
That is perfect I think you will do fabulously I hope we all do!!!
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post

I do think that the alternate day thing is the way to go. I am kind of doing that now. I am sicker than a dog and practically existing on protein shakes. My throat is killing me and has been for days. I have had no voice since Monday. The thought of eating anything that I have to chew is just not appealing right now. The other issue I am having is cold things. My throat is just in terrible shape. A bite of my chicken the other day got stuck in my throat. Geesh!! It has been a year since our "bad luck year" has been thrust upon us--1 year ago this past weekend. I am hoping our luck will change for the better too we have just been too sad for too long.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I do think that the alternate day thing is the way to go. I am kind of doing that now. I am sicker than a dog and practically existing on protein shakes. My throat is killing me and has been for days. I have had no voice since Monday. The thought of eating anything that I have to chew is just not appealing right now. The other issue I am having is cold things. My throat is just in terrible shape. A bite of my chicken the other day got stuck in my throat. Geesh!! It has been a year since our "bad luck year" has been thrust upon us--1 year ago this past weekend. I am hoping our luck will change for the better too we have just been too sad for too long.
Sounds horrible ! Please take care of yourself
Old 11-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #15

Sounds terrible, Dawn. Take care of yourself. Hope you're feeling much better soon!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Dawn,

I'm remembering this past year for you and all your trials. It sure has been a test of faith for you.

I'm sending you healing vibes and hoping that you get over whatever this 'thing' is that has you in its grips.

Oh, and I agree about doing the 3 weeks of P3 to stabilize your releases.

I've done a few rounds successfully, and P3 is vital to the success of your weight loss.

Last edited by sazzie; 11-02-2011 at 03:26 PM..
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #17

Thanks ladies. Didn't mean for this to over-ride the original thread though. Sorry idream!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
So sorry to hear how poorly you have been, Dawn...sending positive thoughts your way!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote