Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Do yall think this will work? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/743957-do-yall-think-will-work.html)

Idreamofweightloss 11-02-2011 12:02 PM

Do yall think this will work?
 
I will be done with my HCG on Saturday but I still want to loose more. Since I have never done HCG before I dont know what will happen but here is my plan. I want to move onto JUDDD but eat P3 foods for the first three weeks while doing my UP days and DD. Do yall think I could still loose some weight that way?

SoHappy 11-02-2011 12:31 PM

I will let the HCG protocol devotees answer this from their perspective, but as far as JUDDD is concerned... it doesn't care what plan or food list or even calorie level you came from previous to starting JUDDD. It is there just to give you the benefit from doing the huge alternation from fasting to feasting, fasting to feasting, Down Day to Up Day.....

You already have the fasting part down pat if you're coming off HCG shortly. LOL Now you will be able to feed your body well and stimulate your metabolism and good health with those fabulous UDs.

I've followed some of the HCG threads with great interest, and have been fascinated with how it works. I know I could never follow this type of a diet for myself because from my past history, I know that bringing my calories down and holding them there day after day after day always, always, always has been a ruination for me, resulting in my metabolism slowing drastically, and then me having the very hell to pay to try to get it back up a bit. So for myself it's always been important to keep from going too low and sitting there. It always has had a bad effect on me.

But it's been very interesting to read about it from other's stories. I'll look forward to what those with more knowledge of the protocol suggest to guide you. And I certainly look forward to having you here, doing JUDDD with us! :up: :)

Idreamofweightloss 11-02-2011 12:39 PM

Believe me I look foward to it too! I have already "messed up" on HCG because I wanted to EAT! I am looking foward to having a real meal. I guess I am just scared. I dont want to be back where I was.

Cruzcrzy 11-02-2011 12:47 PM

Although I've done 2 rounds of hhcg very successfully, I am not sure how to advise you. I jumped into JUDDD after my second round, and after about 8 days into P4. My first round I did about 3 weeks of P3, and 2-3 weeks of P4 before jumping into my second round. I think the minimum you should do before jumping into JUDDD is the 3 weeks in P3. This will help you stabilize and give your body a break. I think P3/P4 is also designed to reset your metabolism.

Pat, I look back now and I don't even know how I got through two rounds of hhcg, I truly don't. I'm glad I did, but, I still can't believe it, lol.

SoHappy 11-02-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy (Post 15143858)
..........Pat, I look back now and I don't even know how I got through two rounds of hhcg, I truly don't. I'm glad I did, but, I still can't believe it, lol..........

I know I would have been able to do the 500 calories per day part, as after the first few days of doing very low cal, I lose most appetite, and then I'm not bothered with wanting to eat anymore. So the doing it part I could handle.

But the result would be some very good weight loss in the early days of my round, and then my metabolism crashing, with resulting very slow - or no - weight loss to speak of later in the round.

And I have the kind of metabolism that once it's triggered by ongoing low calorie levels, it settles itself right down at those levels and is content to conserve and preserve me from that day on, on very little food, with the result that when I want to eat more.. I put on the fat! Lowering my calories and staying there is just ruinous to my metabolism! :laugh:

But it's very interesting to watch from afar. :up:

oneoftwo 11-02-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss (Post 15143837)
Believe me I look foward to it too! I have already "messed up" on HCG because I wanted to EAT! I am looking foward to having a real meal. I guess I am just scared. I dont want to be back where I was.

I am in the same position...what to do come Saturday. I can either do the interruption for a couple days and start back on HCG again OR tell myself I am pretty close to goal as is and move to JUDDD while doing P3....decisions, decisions :dunno:

dawnyama 11-02-2011 01:41 PM

Pat

The thing most people don't understand with the hcg, is that this plan we are on will NOT work without it!! You simply must have the hcg. If I were to eat 500 calories without it, I would not have done this as long as I have. It works!! I have a bum thyroid, am in adrenal fatigue, was pre-diabetic, have blood sugar issues, have sex hormonal issues....I could go on LOL. I am a hormonal mess. And then I found hcg. It worked. I got to my goal weight. Then life slammed me on my face. Gained some back from some very emotional/familial medical issues. It has been one long, hard, hellaicious year to say the least!! I am back on the hcg til I reach goal, then I will do 3 weeks of P3 eating then onto JUDDD for my maintenance. That is what I have been lacking since I have gotten to goal last summer---a plan to keep the weight off!!!! I think I have finally figured out how I want to maintain the weight loss. Thank goodness for y'all!!! I cannot wait!!!

So, my point idream is you really should do P3 first. Then you can start JUDDD. You really do want to remain stable once you are done with hcg and the way to do that is through P3 eating. Believe it or not, eating not enough will screw up your metabolism---after doing the hcg. You really should follow through with Dr Simeon's plan for P3.

oneoftwo 11-02-2011 01:50 PM

Thanks dawn for the input :)

SoHappy 11-02-2011 01:54 PM

Dawn, you are exactly the voice of experience to guide her.

And very interesting about your experiences and success on HCG. I'm so sorry about you having had this tough year though. Hope everything bad is behind you and there is nothing but blue skies from here on out!

Cruzcrzy 11-02-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15144009)
Dawn, you are exactly the voice of experience to guide her.

And very interesting about your experiences and success on HCG. I'm so sorry about you having had this tough year though. Hope everything bad is behind you and there is nothing but blue skies from here on out!

Dawn,

I am glad you saw this post. You are the perfect one to advise. I am just so excited for you to become a JUDDD'er with us :). I am confident it is going to work perfectly for you in maintenance.

Idreamofweightloss 11-02-2011 01:59 PM

Thanks Dawn. I will go ahead and do three weeks of a regular P3 then. I do want to loose more though just not through the HCG. My hope is after the three weeks of protocol P3 then moving on to JUDDD I can countine to loose just a bit more. I'd really like to get to 110-115.

dawnyama 11-02-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss (Post 15144023)
Thanks Dawn. I will go ahead and do three weeks of a regular P3 then. I do want to loose more though just not through the HCG. My hope is after the three weeks of protocol P3 then moving on to JUDDD I can countine to loose just a bit more. I'd really like to get to 110-115.

That is perfect :up: I think you will do fabulously :D I hope we all do!!!

dawnyama 11-02-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15144009)
Dawn, you are exactly the voice of experience to guide her.

And very interesting about your experiences and success on HCG. I'm so sorry about you having had this tough year though. Hope everything bad is behind you and there is nothing but blue skies from here on out!

I do think that the alternate day thing is the way to go. I am kind of doing that now. I am sicker than a dog and practically existing on protein shakes. My throat is killing me and has been for days. I have had no voice since Monday. The thought of eating anything that I have to chew is just not appealing right now. The other issue I am having is cold things. My throat is just in terrible shape. A bite of my chicken the other day got stuck in my throat. Geesh!! It has been a year since our "bad luck year" has been thrust upon us--1 year ago this past weekend. I am hoping our luck will change for the better too :cool: we have just been too sad for too long.

oneoftwo 11-02-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnyama (Post 15144089)
I do think that the alternate day thing is the way to go. I am kind of doing that now. I am sicker than a dog and practically existing on protein shakes. My throat is killing me and has been for days. I have had no voice since Monday. The thought of eating anything that I have to chew is just not appealing right now. The other issue I am having is cold things. My throat is just in terrible shape. A bite of my chicken the other day got stuck in my throat. Geesh!! It has been a year since our "bad luck year" has been thrust upon us--1 year ago this past weekend. I am hoping our luck will change for the better too :cool: we have just been too sad for too long.

Sounds horrible ! Please take care of yourself :hugs:

SoHappy 11-02-2011 02:54 PM

Sounds terrible, Dawn. Take care of yourself. Hope you're feeling much better soon!

sazzie 11-02-2011 03:20 PM

Dawn,

I'm remembering this past year for you and all your trials. It sure has been a test of faith for you. :console:

I'm sending you healing vibes and hoping that you get over whatever this 'thing' is that has you in its grips. :hugs:

Oh, and I agree about doing the 3 weeks of P3 to stabilize your releases.

I've done a few rounds successfully, and P3 is vital to the success of your weight loss.

dawnyama 11-02-2011 03:23 PM

Thanks ladies. Didn't mean for this to over-ride the original thread though. Sorry idream!!!

Joedi 11-02-2011 03:44 PM

So sorry to hear how poorly you have been, Dawn...sending positive thoughts your way!

hugs
Jo
x


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 AM.