Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
How long to lose that last 10 - 15 lbs?

Just curious to hear some personal stories about losing the last 10 - 15lbs to goal. It seems I'm just going up and down and up and down. Just when I think woo hoo .. I'm going to keep going down this time ... I either get stuck or go up a little. It just seems like my body is being stubborn or something.
I could use a little inspiration about now. What worked for you?
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Once upon a time-- back in the summer of 2010-- I reached my goal weight (and 2 lbs under, to be exact). Unfortunately, that was 20 lbs. and many days ago. How did I get there? There were 3 biggies for me:

#1) I averaged 850-900 calories a day. I didn't eat dinner, just drank a bunch of knockoff crystal light all evening.
#2) I jogged every other morning for 30 minutes
#3) I stayed at about or under 25g carbs

I couldn't keep up with that kind of a routine, and sadly I gained all the weight back
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 142/119.6/115
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 2014
Nothing to add but emky I love your avatar!
Idreamofweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss View Post
Nothing to add but emky I love your avatar!
Thanks! I was feeling quite goofy earlier...

I forgot to say how long it took me. I was 10 lbs lighter than I am now when I started to "get serious" about losing those last 10 lbs. It took about 1 1/2-2 months of serious dedication and being very strict (well...strict for me).
Old 11-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori-s View Post
Just curious to hear some personal stories about losing the last 10 - 15lbs to goal. It seems I'm just going up and down and up and down. Just when I think woo hoo .. I'm going to keep going down this time ... I either get stuck or go up a little. It just seems like my body is being stubborn or something.
I could use a little inspiration about now. What worked for you?
Hi, Lori!

We can't tell you how long it might take you to lose up to 15 pounds on JUDDD, but I can tell you of a lovely JUDDD member who was here several months ago who lost at the rate of 10 and 11 pounds a month all while enjoying Up Days and good UD eating, just as is intended on JUDDD. She held her UD calories to 1500, her DD calories to 500, and her MD calories to 1000.

Now that UD calorie number would certainly be too low for me, and would actually probably serve to slow my metabolism down, which I've worked hard to get going better, finally. Just showing you that folks can get good weight loss results on JUDDD, even though they are only holding calories down low on half of the days.

But we don't know what calorie numbers you are using for your UD and DD calorie ceilings, how devoted you are to sticking to those numbers without going over, or even how easily your body releases its fat stores. I can only say that if you do JUDDD correctly, it's almost unheard of for you not to lose the weight. If your calorie numbers are set correctly and you follow them correctly, it's hard to prevent weight loss from occurring.

But I will say..... prepare for some HUGE weight fluctuations on this plan. I've never done a weight loss plan that resulted in such ups and downs on the scale as this one. So don't get bummed out about it and don't give up on it, because as the days and weeks go by, you'll find that each week usually has you averaging out weighing less than the week before.

There is something that triggers your body to be willing to release fat from those ultra-low fasting days, combined with something that prods your body to keep your metabolism up and running well from those high calorie feasting days. A strange combination. A strange way to do a weight loss diet, but it seems to have a magic wand or something. If your numbers are good, you should lose the pounds you want off of you!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Thanks for your responses. I was just look for some personal experiences. I know it is still early in JUDD for me.

I am strictly at 500 DD and 1800 UD. Actually I have a tough time making it up to 1800 but no problem with the 500. Yesterday was a DD and I only had 350 because I just wasn't that hungry. It was my 3rd DD and I didn't feel like I was starving the way I did the first 2 ... so it was a lot easier thank goodness! On Saturday my UD I had way more carbs than I was used to on Atkins (but stayed under 1800 cal) and I'm up 2lbs since then. It was a little disconcerting because the day before I had finally broken through my 165lbs that I had been stuck at for 3 weeks on under 20 carb/day. I guess I might need to be a little more patient waiting for that to come back down. I've cut my carbs back to under 20 since Saturday and am a bit scared to have my whole 1800 cals today. But, at the same time, I don't want my cals too low or I might feel really hungry tomorrow on my DD.
UGH!
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori-s View Post
Thanks for your responses. I was just look for some personal experiences. I know it is still early in JUDD for me.

I am strictly at 500 DD and 1800 UD. Actually I have a tough time making it up to 1800 but no problem with the 500. Yesterday was a DD and I only had 350 because I just wasn't that hungry. It was my 3rd DD and I didn't feel like I was starving the way I did the first 2 ... so it was a lot easier thank goodness! On Saturday my UD I had way more carbs than I was used to on Atkins (but stayed under 1800 cal) and I'm up 2lbs since then. It was a little disconcerting because the day before I had finally broken through my 165lbs that I had been stuck at for 3 weeks on under 20 carb/day. I guess I might need to be a little more patient waiting for that to come back down. I've cut my carbs back to under 20 since Saturday and am a bit scared to have my whole 1800 cals today. But, at the same time, I don't want my cals too low or I might feel really hungry tomorrow on my DD.
UGH!
Going up and down in weight every UD and DD is just the way things go on JUDDD. It's the analogy of the ball bouncing on the stairs that Pat talks about. If you can keep in mind that this is just what happens on JUDDD, you will be fine. Heck, I've lost all my weight and then some and I EXPECT to be up any where from 1 to 2 pounds after every UD. So my maintaince weight is 135.6 or 136.6+ every other day!

And YES, EAT THOSE CALORIES ON UDs! We need them to make the DDs easier!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Just curious, should their/is their usual some hunger on DD's??
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
It took me 4 months to lose 16 pounds and go from 132 to 115 (I put everything in a spreadsheet). I did this low carbing and averaged only about 1100 calories and 20 net carbs. Patience was a virtue!

Hopefully you'll lose faster than this on JUDD. I crept up to 118.6, started JUDD, and lost 5 pounds in a week! I'm upping my calories to slow things down.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftwo View Post
Just curious, should their/is their usual some hunger on DD's??
Some people have no trouble with their DD's, but I'm not one of them lol. Today for instance- I stopped eating 6 hours ago because I've reached my calorie limit for the day. I'm STARVING now though.

I tried to go to bed about two hours ago, but I couldn't sleep. Now I'm up and sipping an herbal tea, distracting myself with the internet, hoping I get sleepy soon. I want to sleep so I can get up and eat my UD breakfast!!!

To be fair though, most DD's aren't this painful for me. I'm pretty sure this one is difficult simply b/c yesterday was a medium day for me. Less calories yesterday = more hunger today.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I found my first 2 DDs were difficult and then the 3rd was actually very managable.

I did low carbing moderate style and lost most of my weight. I did no induction, higher carbs and I did meals off plan. I lost what I thought was the last 10 lbs over 6 months that way. Reached goal in Aug and maintained there w/low carb.

Last edited by hockey_gal; 11-02-2011 at 10:05 PM..
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:58 AM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
There are a few who eat the majority of their calories early on their DD, but most of us have to make sure we have plenty for the suppertime and evening, when we experience more of our hunger.

I tend to hold off eating until the early part of the afternoon on DDs before eating anything, and even then try to save most of my calories for later. I drink a lot of 0 calorie stuff.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote