Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rainypep
Stats: 228(242-highest)/154/Prego #3/125
WOE: my plan
Start Date: 3/9/06
Super low muffin Question

I just got my oat fiber and glucommanan so I am wondering if you don't have erythritol what sweeteners are people using and what are the cal/carb counts from there? Thanks so much. Looking forward to whipping up some of the fabulous recipes that everyone is raving about!
Rainypep is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainypep View Post
I just got my oat fiber and glucommanan so I am wondering if you don't have erythritol what sweeteners are people using and what are the cal/carb counts from there? Thanks so much. Looking forward to whipping up some of the fabulous recipes that everyone is raving about!
I use erythritol, but when I ran out I used Xylitol.

It works just as well, but sadly gives me tummy issues. Also, it has calories...9.6 per gram, whereas Erythritol does have any worth counting!

Apparently it has less than 1 carb per gram..but this could be up to 0.9! Best to check the packet!

You could also use splenda...but this will have carbs/calories due to the filler.

When I ran out of erythritol, I did just leave it out, and use a few drops liquid splenda. The muffins were ok, a bit smaller and denser...but still edible.

Much better with the powdered sweetner though..I follow the recipe, but only use a 1/4 cup Erythritol, plus a few drops liquid splenda...simple because erythritol is dearer in the UK!

hope this helps
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rainypep
Stats: 228(242-highest)/154/Prego #3/125
WOE: my plan
Start Date: 3/9/06
Thanks Jo, I guess I wasn't sure if say splenda would work. But you're right it adds quite a few cals. Hmmmm I'll have to see if I can find it nearby.
Rainypep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: penguinpower
WOE: Thinking of trying NK
I've never used erythritol in mine! I use a few drops of liquid Splenda - anywhere from four drops to 8, depending on the type of muffin I'm making. Also, if you make the version with the Walden's Marshmallow stuff, that adds a lot of sweetness on its own.
penguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote