Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's TUESDAY - what are you eating ? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/743747-its-tuesday-what-you-eating.html)

sophiethecat 10-31-2011 08:17 PM

It's TUESDAY - what are you eating ?

Getting a head start on this thread since I'm about ready to hit the sack :)

wastednuffime 11-01-2011 04:41 AM

UD for me and looking forward to it too...

have not planned out my meals yet, gonna see where my body directs me...I know it will be some sort of meat, veggies and carbs. I feel So much lighter since starting 5 days ago. I can't wait to weigh on Friday...

tiva 11-01-2011 05:47 AM

600 cal DD for me (and fast-5, so one meal at noon).
2 cups chicken curry veggie soup that my husband made last night (350 cals)
3 cups mixed greens from the garden (20 cal)
2 T Trader Joe's amazingly delicious, low cal, low carb cilantro dressing (45 cals)
3 C coffee w/1 T heavy cream each (150 cal)
1/2 C raspberries (20 cal)

Dottie 11-01-2011 06:14 AM

Morning!
DD today
B: coffee w/almond milk (45 calories)
D: tilapia w/tomatoes and capers; romaine tossed w/bragg's vinegar and a spritz of olive oil (243 calories)
S: pork chop suey soup; egg beater, tomato, romaine and light miracle whip on 40 calorie natures own bread (193 cals total)

481cals; 28g carbs; 9g fiber

julietcc 11-01-2011 06:29 AM

Down day (500 cals) for me and I'm going out to lunch with a fried so this could be tricky.

B: Coffee with half and half
L: Either a side salad or maybe a chicken sandwich with no mayo?
D: A snack if I have any calories leftover

sophiethecat 11-01-2011 07:05 AM

DD here.

B - black coffee

I need to try something different. I'm going to try to save over half my calories for later tonight, if I can.

kel7298 11-01-2011 07:14 AM

I am going to shoot for a "whole" day DD as I have been MUDDDing.

B - 2 coffee with FF 1/2n1/2 and 1 with SF Nestle (115), Dannon yogurt (50) = 165

L & D will depend on if I can push thru lunch without anything (keeping my fingers crossed)

shari 11-01-2011 07:53 AM

UD (introducing more carbs for the first time):

B: bag of peanuts and a chicken drumstick (rushing out of the house..LOL)
L: 1/2 chicken from rotisserie chicken place and sweet potato fries
D: rest of drumsticks-3, that I didn't eat earlier and broccoli

:)

Sissiesue 11-01-2011 08:11 AM

UD today! It'll be typical low-carb fare. 1841 calories

B: Egg cream
L: Chicken-salsa-cream cheese soup
S: Chicken-salsa-cream cheese soup (last serving, finally!)
D: Chai tea with HWC + spam and kimchi, stir fried with sesame oil, probably served over shirataki noodles.

darlingnikki 11-01-2011 08:41 AM

UD
B-Waffles w sf PB and WF syrup w coffee and skim milk 340
L-Cottage Cheese and Fruit Salad-cheese is 110 cals and I will eat about 200 cals in fruit
taken from fruit plate from yesterday I will count and measure when I get lunch
S-yogurt and fibre 1 bar 135 cals
D-Chili leftover from yesterday that I didn't have unsure about cals as MIL made it
D-One wunderbar mini in the freezer snagged from DS's treat bag and stashed away! 50
this is only 785 cals before chili I don't know what to count but I doubt it will be 1000 cals so I will dress it with sour cream and shredded cheese.
YUMMM...trying to get 1798 cals today!

sophiethecat 11-01-2011 09:39 AM

12:30 p.m.

L - 1/2 c. scrambled GV egg beaters with some cooked green pepper, mushroom, garlic, onion powder, Italian season, s/p.
2 slices Butterball turkey bacon.

125 calories.

2muchme 11-01-2011 09:43 AM

UD!! Had breakfast for a total of 549 already!! Have to be careful here!

Going out to dinner with friends so that should leave me with a pretty fair amount for lunch....not sure what I'm in the mood for though. Will have to think on that.

2muchme 11-01-2011 09:47 AM

Oh, by the way, my first ever shirataki noodles arrived yesterday. To celebrate I made a not-mac and cheese from a recipe on this site - hit the spot and filled me up. I don't know who gave us the recipe - but I'm sure you know who you are - and I want to thank you. I will keep the recipe around and repeat!:D

betty301 11-01-2011 10:06 AM

I'm getting really good at fasting. Not sure if that's good or bad.

I don't normally eat til 2 or so on a DD. I have a pot of veggie soup going and will maybe have a cup or some of chili DH is making for dinner.

I love DDs. It's weird lol

sophiethecat 11-01-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betty301 (Post 15140238)
I'm getting really good at fasting. Not sure if that's good or bad.

I don't normally eat til 2 or so on a DD. I have a pot of veggie soup going and will maybe have a cup or some of chili DH is making for dinner.

I love DDs. It's weird lol

Haha, I kinda love them too now, so I guess we're both weird! :laugh: I've got mine all planned out and really maximizing the food for the calories! :high5: I love my DD foods - I've started using the same ones over and over that I enjoy the most - they are like comfort foods to me.

Enjoy your soup! I'll be having some later too.

RileyWorm 11-01-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel7298 (Post 15139531)
I am going to shoot for a "whole" day DD as I have been MUDDDing.

B - 2 coffee with FF 1/2n1/2 and 1 with SF Nestle (115), Dannon yogurt (50) = 165

L & D will depend on if I can push thru lunch without anything (keeping my fingers crossed)

me too. but yesterday i messed up so badly that i am doing a DD today.
b- 2 scrambled eggs, H/H in coffee = 220
l- 100 calorie pack of popcorn.
planning on greek yogurt for dinner.

i have been having so much trouble staying on plan but i am still trying to chug through it. :)

paulabob 11-01-2011 10:30 AM

Lunch - chicken liver pate with cheese crisp crackers (600 cal)
Snack - coconut oil bark with pecan (350)
Dinner - burger patty with guacamole & salad (500 cal)

I love up days! Might have room for dessert after supper if I'm hungry for it. So stuffed right now I can't think about it.

avecrain 11-01-2011 11:31 AM

I think I'm doing a fasting DD today. 2:30 PM and still feeling excited by the idea of it, so I think it'll stick. I have a big pot of peppermint and green tea brewing. If I do want to eat later, I'll eat a can of tuna with a tsp of mustard and some old bay after my walk.

sophiethecat 11-01-2011 02:22 PM

Oh dear, about 3 p.m. I just started suddenly coming down with nausea. It kept getting worse and worse until I took to the couch about 3:30 and I have remained there for the last couple hours. :sick:

I tried to sip salty beef broth but soon found out I hate beef broth... I guess I haven't drank it by itself since I was a kid and I didn't like it back then either. Thought my tastes would have changed though. It's too bad, because it would have made a very low calorie drink on DD.

Anyway, I'm just trying to hold on and hope this passes soon.

It's shaping up to be quite a low DD. :stars:

synger 11-01-2011 02:26 PM

Had a super UD yesterday (too much apple vodka while handing out candy), so was definitely looking forward to a DD today.

Haven't been very hungry really, and no hunger-induced headache, which is great. I had a bit of cheese early, and some almond milk in my coffee. I ended up eating my lunch salad over two hours (lettuce, cabbage, celery, w/ a pickled egg, four green olives, and a tablespoon of ranch dressing w/hot sauce), so it's almost 5:30 and I'm not even thinking about dinner yet.

Dinner will be some roast beef I made yesterday, and probably green beans or butternut squash. I need to eat up the squash.

Expecting about 500 calories. Have some gluc gelatin in the fridge if I do get hungry this evening.

paulabob 11-01-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15141080)
I tried to sip salty beef broth but soon found out I hate beef broth... I guess I haven't drank it by itself since I was a kid and I didn't like it back then either. Thought my tastes would have changed though. It's too bad, because it would have made a very low calorie drink on DD.

Anyway, I'm just trying to hold on and hope this passes soon.

Aww, sorry you're sick! :hugs:

Cruzcrzy 11-01-2011 03:39 PM

So far, so good DD. I fasted until about 3pm. I am at about 335 calories now. I am not sure if I will have more today or not. I am "planning" on another DD for tomorrow. I need Thursday to be an UD, so it just made sense to try this. It may end up a middle day, but, am shooting for a DD.

Sophie- I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope it passes quickly.

Paula - LOVE your avi. You are lovely!

sophiethecat 11-01-2011 04:06 PM

Thanks, Paula, Marie, everyone :love: :) Thankfully it IS getting better.

I just ate a can of Progresso Lite soup and 2 slices Nickell lite bread, toasted, spread with a swiss cheese wedge. :heart: My favorite DD comfort meal :heart:

Up to 368 calories. If only DD were this easy without feeling sick, lol.

Paula, I love your new avatar pic!! :sing:

Cruzcrzy 11-01-2011 04:12 PM

Sophie, glad to hear you are feeling better.

I am up to 460 now, so done for the day. I had some tuna with a bit of mayonnaise. I thought the protein would be a good thing.

Low Carb Librarian 11-01-2011 04:31 PM

Hmmm... Went some over my DD cut off today ... Should have never bought those mini rice cakes! I think I over estimated how much half and half I used today, so I could still be close in my calories for today. But it is 4:30 and I can't eat until tomorrow ...
:(

Dottie 11-01-2011 04:37 PM

I went a few cals over with a carrot and a peach, but overall a great DD and I got a good workout in that, I'm sure, negated those calories!

emky 11-01-2011 04:50 PM

It was supposed to be a DD for me, but a good friend needed support and convinced me to have a liquid lunch (and subsequent greasy dinner) with her.

A bit of vodka and that one meal was all I had today, so I'd call it a medium day. Tomorrow will be back to my regularly scheduled DD.

kel7298 11-01-2011 05:33 PM

Tried for a DD but couldn't do it.

Total for the day - 703 calories

Cruzcrzy 11-01-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel7298 (Post 15141595)

Kelly,

that is a good down day. Don't be too hard on yourself. Many people start at 700-800 and work their way down eventually.

tiva 11-01-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel7298 (Post 15141595)

700 cals is a perfectly fine DD! That's what I'm at today, and I'm happy with it, even though it's 100 more than I had planned.