Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
Mother of the year

Gallery: Laprettygurl
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Feb 26, 2013
Alright, I'm starving! haha...

I know that sounds odd but I have no ketosis to help me out. It's HARD. I mean, I dunno I feel as if I'm ravenous. Even my UD calories DO NOT feel like enough for me!!

Has anyone done Atkins' induction plan to fit within the calorie range? I'm assuming it can get done. And with being in ketosis there's no reason to feel hungry. DD can be easy. I'm positive there's days I haven't gone over 500 when I'm not hungry.

As much as I love my carbs they're messing with me.....
Laprettygurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
I find a cup of hot broth with a splash of vinegar and tabasco sauce really helps control hunger. Also, maybe try the sniffing peppermint that SoHappy suggested?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
broth or a big salad with a low cal viniagrette dressing does wonders to cure it. i find it hard to keep low carb on DDs because most high protein foods that I fell back to on LC were higher in calories. Remember there are lots of low calorie vegetables that were not allowed on LC, if you start including those they will help.

Pickles have zero calories and can be filling, onions are low in calories, sautee those up with some veggies. Or even some egg whites. Just plain broths as well will fill you up, I actually find any warm liquid helps, luckily it is colder right now so you can do that. Black coffee, tea, broth, diet cocoa.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laprettygurl View Post
I know that sounds odd but I have no ketosis to help me out. It's HARD. I mean, I dunno I feel as if I'm ravenous. Even my UD calories DO NOT feel like enough for me!!

Has anyone done Atkins' induction plan to fit within the calorie range? I'm assuming it can get done. And with being in ketosis there's no reason to feel hungry. DD can be easy. I'm positive there's days I haven't gone over 500 when I'm not hungry.

Many do VLC or LC with JUDDD. I would like to suggest just one thing, though before you decide to do this. Give JUDDD a chance to work, at least 2 weeks. Many have found that after this time period they just aren't that hungry, UDs or DDs. It works like ketosis does without being in ketosis. I actually found the appetite suppression on JUDDD far more effective for me than LC/VLC ever did.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I find a cup of hot broth with a splash of vinegar and tabasco sauce really helps control hunger. Also, maybe try the sniffing peppermint that SoHappy suggested?
Speaking of SoHappy what happened to Pat? Missing her
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Yes, the DD hunger gets better after two weeks or so!!! Hang in there! I love my carbs too. We can do this!!! It's worth it!!!!
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laprettygurl View Post

I've only been at this a little over a week, but the DDs can be a real killer if I don't follow my "formula", which is coffee and protein shake for bfast, homemade veggie soup for lunch, coffee for snack, 3 cups of romaine salad with "light" dressing and about 4 oz of lean protein for dinner. Comes out to about 600 calories and 25 net carbs (all veggies). The hunger is there, but not crazy. I tried the fat fasts this summer, and it was worse. I just don't think it's possible for me to NOT be hungry on so little food, no matter the type of food, ketosis or no ketosis. I try to keep my carbs under 50 on up days, and those carbs come from veggies and the occasional low carb tortilla or fiber bread for a sandwich I take to work. I find that by staying low carb even on my normal UDs, I hit my 1700 calorie UP target nicely. A couple times a month, I eat whatever I crave and get it "out of my system". I consider my woe "semi-primal".
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
It didn't take too long to get used to the low calorie feeding days of a DD for me, but I do usually eat a lot of vegetables on those days too, so that helps keep me feeling full. The very high calorie UP days really worked to increase my metabolism, which was a benefit that I was sorely needing, as I had suppressed my daily calorie consumption for quite some time and the resulting metabolism slowdown was hurting me.

That huge variance between feeding periods of few calories and then feeding periods of high calories is what works a lot of the magic. That hunger and fasting is truly serving a purpose, so hang in there if you can! JUDDD is a plan that alternates your feeding between feasting and famine, which give you some different results from other plans which lower calorie numbers over the course of every day. You lose weight on this JUDDD plan, but it's core is more about stimulating the *skinny gene*, extending length of life, improving metabolic function, normalizing appetite and eating compulsions, stimulating your own defenses against disease, etc.

And, as I said, after awhile the days that are fasting days become very easy to do with little hunger. It just takes some getting used to, but shortly your brain gets used to it and doesn't signal your tummy to feel hungry much anymore.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I feel the same way. I ended up having 2400 calories on my first UD because I felt too hungry. Second UD day was better at 2000 calories. So I'm just going to keep trying until I figure it out. I know that low carb was like that for me too bc I didnt' follow a plan. I did figure it out and I could always go back to that if this doesn't work well for me long term. But I think you need at least 3 weeks on something to know that...

keep going!
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
If you want to be in ketosis or stay on induction while doing JUDDD, of course you can do that. JUDDD doesn't specify any particular set of foods, and you can do a high-fat, very low carb JUDDD if you prefer. I find high-fat DD much easier than low fat DDs--probably because I stay in ketosis. I eat higher on the Atkins ladder than induction while JUDDDing (I include berries and a lot of veggies), but you can do induction while judding just fine.
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
Oh, and here's my typical 500 cal, 8 carb grams DD, which is induction-friendly:
3 cups coffee, each with 1 T heavy cream (150 cals, 2 carbs)
4 oz lean, grass-fed beef (200 cals, no carbs)
1 slice (3/4 oz) low-fat jarlsberg cheese (50 cal, no carbs)
3 cups mixed greens (arugula, chard, kale, spinach, lettuces, etc) 10 cals, 2 carbs
2 T red pepper puree (40 cals, 2 carbs) or 2 slices drained TJ bacon (40 cal, 0 carbs)
2 T trader joe's cilantro dressing (30 cals, 2 carbs)
1 C chicken broth (10 cal, 0 carbs)

For a sample 1800 UD, low carb menu:
3 cups coffee, each w/ 1 T cream (150 cals, 0 carbs)
8 oz fattier grass-fed beef or lamb (600 cals, 0 carbs)
3 oz coconut oil (or scrambled eggs w/cheese, or nuts) (360 cals, 0 to 4 carbs)
3 cups mixed greens 10 cals, 2 carbs
2 T olive oil, 1 t balsamic vinegar 240 cals, 2 carbs
2 cups mixed cooked veggies (100 cals, 10 carbs)
2 T butter or 2 oz cheese 200 cals, 0 carbs
1.5 oz bourbon 100 cals, 0 carbs

Last edited by tiva; 10-30-2011 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: added an UD menu
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_gal View Post
I feel the same way. I ended up having 2400 calories on my first UD because I felt too hungry. Second UD day was better at 2000 calories. So I'm just going to keep trying until I figure it out. I know that low carb was like that for me too bc I didnt' follow a plan. I did figure it out and I could always go back to that if this doesn't work well for me long term. But I think you need at least 3 weeks on something to know that...

keep going!
This is a completely different way of taking in our nourishment, and eating in a feast/famine cycling pattern is not what our brain *appetite regulation control switch* is used to at all! But it does and will switch over to that way of signaling your appetite after awhile.

So do the best you can each day, as you are truly trying to bring yourself into compliance with the plan as it is laid out. When you are finally able to do the plan as it is set out, you will absolutely not regret what it took to get to that point, because what it will do for you body goes far beyond the hoped for weight loss that brought most of us here.

Hang in there. Good luck!

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-30-2011 at 01:15 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote