Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Halloween - How are you going to handle it?

Duh! Just realized that Monday is Halloween (which I knew because of the kids, but it just dawned on me for food reasons)

Monday is supposed to be a DD since I am doing a MD today and an UD tomorrow because of bible study and our typical potluck.

I could be really strict and just keep to a DD on Monday and stash some reeses peanut butter cups that I can buy off my kids for Tuesday?

Or I could make it a MD with doing fasting/DD all day and allow myself some chili and candy?

But then I would be doing MD/UD/MD/UD and i am afraid that would just be a disaster??

kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
I'm planning a DD - plan to eat at least one chocolate miniature (probably a reese's!). I'm happier with that than an Up Day since I might be tempted on an UD to eat more than I need.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I'll be in the DD part of my day, so I will stick to diet Swiss Miss while handing out the candy It will be nice since I'm sure it'll be cold that evening.

Someone always has chili made, so I want to save some calories for a small bowl.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #4
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Monday will be an UP day for me but I'm not even buying candy until Monday afternoon. Better that it's not in the house. Not so much for me, but DH will snarf it down then be like a little kid: hyper, pissy and grouchy lol.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2muchme
WOE: HCG, then atkins, now JUDDD, then JUDDD again
Start Date: Atkins, summer 2011: JUDDD, 10/24/2011
I planned an UD and we're going to a friends' place. They own a doggie daycare center and we're the judges for their annual halloween contest. Should be great. I just have to plan and make sure I leave myself with enough calories to snack here and there.

Of course, the last UD I tried to do that and failed miserably!!
2muchme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Oh, duh!! Halloween is Monday, not tomorrow!!

Anyway, Monday won't be a big deal for me because I live in the middle of nowhere and nobody comes for candy. I don't buy any for the little devils - they don't come here.

So....yeah...nevermind these two post from me

Feel stupid
Old 10-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
Halloween is a DD for me may turn into a MD as we are having family over and they are bringing all the food. I am not allowed to lift a finger. So I will eat light all day, eat what they bring and count it the best I can and thank my blessings for great inlaws.
(all the grandkids trick or treat together)
Either way I'm not going to sweat it. (Thanx JUDDD could never do this on LC)
As for candy, one small wunderbar will be stashed in the freezer for my next UD.
Try 'em frozen. Seriously.

hugs
Nikki

FABULOUS IN MY FORTIES!
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:16 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Monday is a DD for me... not sure if we are going out, already been to one party, also on a DD! Halloween is not kind to me this year....tho in all honesty, if I had thought ahead it could have been an UD... My own fault.. doh!
If we are at home I am gonna buy an assortment of sweets that I don't like, so I won't be tempted to dip in and help myself!

The haloween party we went to last night was a last minute invite, came on the mOrning of a much needed DD. So I made a batch of DD choc muffins, and took some carrot sticks with me.

The party food was awesome, and it wasn't easy, but I stuck to my own stuff.

Next year, I hope for some advance warning...

Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"

Last edited by Joedi; 10-30-2011 at 04:18 AM..
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:54 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Good for you, Jo!!

Good, also, buying candy you don't like. Of course, my problem is that there really isn't a candy I dislike. Well, maybe gummy candies. Never understood the stick-to-the-fillings candy!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:06 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
No problem for me!! Its just another day...
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Monday is typically a down day for me, but, this week it is an UD due to being a paid Sonic food tester on Monday . Since it is an UD I'll probably have a few pieces of candy. My whole week is going to be a bit thrown off due to a change in UD/DD's, and some premade plans for what I thought were UD's.
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #12

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Halloween falls on an UD for me, but not planned that way.. only coincidental.

I'll just have a regular day and hand out candy that evening, figure a few pieces of it into my day's calories, save a handful of it for DH, and that will be that. If I see that I'm going to have too much left over, I'm pretty generous for the last hour or so.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #13
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
OK, so Halloween falls on a DD for some. Hmmmm.......can't we just save the candy, if we really want it, for the day AFTER Halloween, an UD?

I can understand in NIkki's case where people are bringing food over and she may want to have this food with them, but to make your DD a MD just to eat candy on THAT day?

Just can't understand the thoughts about this here. You CAN have it tomorrow so why not just save it?

LC made me think like I had to rearrange my WOE somehow, cheat or find subs for my favorite things (Halloween candy) because I couldn't have that candy and just always wanted it BECAUSE I couldn't have it, but with JUDDD I KNOW I can have it so it's not a big deal. I just may not be able to have it today, is all!

Just my thoughts, and nothing more.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:54 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
OK, so Halloween falls on a DD for some. Hmmmm.......can't we just save the candy, if we really want it, for the day AFTER Halloween, an UD?

I can understand in NIkki's case where people are bringing food over and she may want to have this food with them, but to make your DD a MD just to eat candy on THAT day?

Just can't understand the thoughts about this here. You CAN have it tomorrow so why not just save it?

LC made me think like I had to rearrange my WOE somehow, cheat or find subs for my favorite things (Halloween candy) because I couldn't have that candy and just always wanted it BECAUSE I couldn't have it, but with JUDDD I KNOW I can have it so it's not a big deal. I just may not be able to have it today, is all!

Just my thoughts, and nothing more.
Yeah, that's definitely what I intend - to just save some of my favorite candy for the next day if I want it (it keeps a long time, so who knows, might not get around to it for a while).

Oh man, this reminds me of last year on trick-or-treat, when I ate so much of the candy I had left over... couldn't seem to stop putting it in my mouth and ended up with a sour stomach. It's like nothing changed from when I was a kid I think I'll avoid that problem this year though.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I have been thinking about this, and my plan is to get candy that i dont like, no chocolates. I think I am just going to refrain from it. chocolate is still somewhat of a trigger for me and I can not just stop at one or two.

I am going to stick to my DD and just use the idea of sipping Hot cocoa while I am passing it out.

Actually it is the chili I am more worried about. It is a family tradition for me to make a big old pot of chili and serve it with sour cream, cheese and chives and big old slab of corn bread. I am going to just have to save me a bowl for Tuesday on my UD.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
I have been thinking about this, and my plan is to get candy that i dont like, no chocolates. I think I am just going to refrain from it. chocolate is still somewhat of a trigger for me and I can not just stop at one or two.

I am going to stick to my DD and just use the idea of sipping Hot cocoa while I am passing it out.

Actually it is the chili I am more worried about. It is a family tradition for me to make a big old pot of chili and serve it with sour cream, cheese and chives and big old slab of corn bread. I am going to just have to save me a bowl for Tuesday on my UD.
LOVE IT! that sounds so good! i am also glad to see that someone else eats their chili with sour cream, people at work thought i was nuts when i said this! i told them they were missing out.
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #17
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:

Why not make yourself a little pot of turkey or chicken chili with FF sour cream and FF cheese and a little slab of corn bread? While it maybe a pain to do another meal on top of the family meal and all the of Halloween, at least you will be eating chili, too and NOT feeling left out!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Why not make yourself a little pot of turkey or chicken chili with FF sour cream and FF cheese and a little slab of corn bread? While it maybe a pain to do another meal on top of the family meal and all the of Halloween, at least you will be eating chili, too and NOT feeling left out!
Good idea!

Kris4chloe, you could even make it more simple for yourself by buying a can of the lowest calorie/fat chili you can find so you don't actually have to cook two separate chili's from scratch.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

good idea. i will see what they have at the store tomorrow morning when i get chili fixins'
Old 10-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #20
Administrator

Even though it's an up day for me, I got a pack of emerald cocoa roasted almonds and some diet swiss miss just in case the craving for chocolate hits.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

I set aside some of the fun-size chocolatey things I like the most for my next UD

Jo, my favorite M&Ms are the plain, but I set aside a pack of the peanut ones too, thinking of you!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Well I looked at the cans of chili and even low fat and/or fat free stuff was available it was 200 + calories for the can and I have never been a big fan of canned chili. Really only like my homemade chili.

I am just going to have my soup or a salad and just have the real stuff tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:16 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Well I looked at the cans of chili and even low fat and/or fat free stuff was available it was 200 + calories for the can and I have never been a big fan of canned chili. Really only like my homemade chili.

I am just going to have my soup or a salad and just have the real stuff tomorrow.
I posted in the "what are you eating" thread that I looked when I was at Walmart today, and the lowest calorie I could find was Hormel Vegetarian, was about 190 calories per cup.

Yeah, I know homemade chili is the best! At least you can enjoy it tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:34 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

I turned this into an UD. If I were going by the regular JUDDD schedule, yesterday was kind of medium anyway...

I was really hungry by 6:30 (last ate at 1:30) and we went to a Halloween event, had a bowl of chili and a hotdog.

I just now had a fun-size pack of plain M&Ms and a fun-size pack of peanut M&Ms. That was definitely enough sugar! And I'm definitely finished with candy for tonight.

So glad I quit at a reasonable amount of candy this year!! Last year at this time, I would have been sitting in a nest of empty candy wrappers and feeling sick to my stomach, mad at myself that I ate all that candy!

Not this time

Hope everyone has a good night.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:25 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Did everyone survive? I did have my one Reese's cup (110 calories) and enjoyed the heck out of it. Ate it slow, took about 12 bites of that thing. Candy isn't a trigger food for me though, if we gave out bags of chips I'd be in serious trouble.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:02 AM   #26

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
Did everyone survive? I did have my one Reese's cup (110 calories) and enjoyed the heck out of it. Ate it slow, took about 12 bites of that thing. Candy isn't a trigger food for me though, if we gave out bags of chips I'd be in serious trouble.
I survived! I decided some pieces of candy would be my dinner. It was an UD for me. I do love my candy. For me, it is fun having some candy on Halloween, so I have no regrets. It was so fun seeing the kiddos last evening!
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:16 AM   #27
Administrator

I had my cocoa almonds and hot chocolate and was fine with that DH handed out the candy and I kept it out of sniff range lol
Old 11-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
Whew I handled it by making it an UD and hoping for the best next weigh-in, haha
avecrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:40 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

I did the same, Avecrain - made it an UD so I could enjoy the food at a Halloween thing we went to.

The candy I had was a pack each of "fun-size" peanut and plain M&Ms.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #30
Administrator

I'm laughing. DH ate his supper, then about 2 pounds of m&ms, snickers and kitkats minis. Now he "doesn't feel too good". ya think?