Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rainypep
Stats: 228(242-highest)/154/Prego #3/125
WOE: my plan
Start Date: 3/9/06
attempting this with breastfeeding here I go!

So I wrote awhile back for advice about this plan while breastfeeding and received some wonderful advice. I can't write in too often as that is near impossible with 2 kids, but I will try my best. Since I hit the 2 month mark, breastmilk is well established and my son has already nearly doubled his weight from my lovely liquid butter milk (first son is a total string bean, this one is a lovely little pork-chop, now I have low carb meal) it's go time people.

The calorie estimator for me at my weight, while breastfeeding gives me anywere from 2200-2500 cals. Since I am legitly hungry all the time from feeding said porkchop I am going to back my way down to really low down days. So I am starting at 1200 DD and 2000 UD (which averages to 1600 over 2 days, very respectable for a breastfeeder) and will slowly attempt to lower DD as needed.

Today is my first down day and so far I have had:

1 homemade cappuccino 83 cals
1 link sausage 60 cals
2 oz cottage cheese and 1/2 cup strawberries 74 cals
total brekky:217 cals

pumkin protein shake 75 cals
1tsp peanut butter with 4 wheat thins 67 cals
1 chicken broth cube with 4oz pasta thin shiratake (can't find the calorie free ones where I live) 30 cals
Total lunch:172 cals

Wish me luck, Starting weight today is 177, all I hope for is 170 by Christmas!
and thanks for all the support ladies, even if I can't write in very often.

Last edited by Rainypep; 10-28-2011 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: skipped words
Rainypep is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Good luck, Rain! You can do it!!!
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I will be watching for your reports on how JUDDD works for you when combined with breastfeeding.

If you are supporting a pork chop, I expect he will let you know if he isn't getting getting enough.

You are the guinea pig for this, so let us know how it goes! We have various of us here, serving as the guinea pigs for various ways of doing this, etc.

Good luck! It was great to hear from you again! Glad to hear your little guy is thriving!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Rainypep! Glad you and your little porkchop are doing so well!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
and I, too am so interested in how this is going for you! And I just pork chops and string beans so give those kids a for me!!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I finished my day as follows:

I added to my lunch a little later by having:

salad with asst items plus 1 slice sandwich meat and 1/2 tbsp drsg (reg) for 96cals

my afternoon snack was

small cup coffee with low cal cream for 24 cals
laughing cow wedge for 35 cals
9 quaker mini rice cakes for 70 cals
total 129

dinner was short ribs for 319 cals
6 brussel sprouts with prosciutto for 65 cals
1/3 cup rice for 68 cals
total 452

so I came in at a total of 1071 cals. I realize that this is much higher than most people do on a down day...so we'll see how it goes. I am not going to weigh until next Friday. I am shooting for weekly weigh ins if I can restrain myself.

I think I did pretty well all in all. I went lower than my calorie budget allowed, survived it, seemingly snacked a lot. I had a few hungry/jittery periods but I imagine it will get easier and I have to take it slow with the little ones in mind. My dinner was more decadent than I plan in the future, but it was day one and the hubby was cooking so there you go. More importantly I am proud that I did something and am taking it one day at a time. I also survived the fact that my husband made french toast for him and the toddler this morning! I can't wait until my glucomannan arrives and I get to try out what you all are raving about!

I walked for 20 minutes with the hubby and kids as well.

That being said, I am ready for my up day tomorrow!
nighty-nite.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:51 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Filly
Stats: 5'2
Start Date: 12/19/2012
Subscribing.

May come in handy after I have my little one.
Filly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
I am interested to watch your results with this...

but.... not to be a debbie downer, but as a breastfeeding advocate and a mom who has had issues with supply issues, please be careful

it is not recommended to lower your calories to much as you can have supply issues.

i think 1000 calorie DD is probably as low as I would personally go, and I would also make sure to drink tons of water just to make sure to keep it up.

I did Weight Watchers while breastfeeding and did lose, but very slowly because I was mindful of not going to low and staying right where I was.

Supply issues are NO FUN.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

So I finished my up day, and I was hungry on and off. I think it is partially a mental thing since I had just been eating whatever/whenever prior to this. I know it will take some doing to stop that "restricted" feeling even though I am hardly restricted. I wanted to log calories for the first few updays so that i get used to what things are worth calorically and make sure that I am somewhat accurate with this.

I never counted carbs or calories really when I lost all my major weight. I weighed and measured specific portion sizes so this is a little more complicated than I am used to.

Off to plan my down day for tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

So I was terrified of what was going to happen today on my second down day, admittedly I was thinking how am I going to eat so much less than I did yesterday especially since I reconsidered and added 200 cals to my up day for a total of 2200.

And imagine my surprise when I found that I mostly wasn't hungry today. I still have 200 cals to eat and thats after I added in a sugar free pudding and half cup of strawberries I encouraged myself to eat despite not being hungry after dinner. I hope that this continues, because then it will be very do able indeed.

I even went to the gym and felt well. The little peanut seems content and like he is getting enough to eat as well.

This got me to thinking about things in my life especially noticing that my toddler kind of eats this way naturally. About ever 3 days or so he really has very little appetite and doesn't eat much for a couple of days, and then ramps it back up and eats like a horse! All three times that I have been in the hospital not eating for whatever given reason at the time (surgery, laboring to have a baby etc.) it actually took me a while to get my appetite back and just eating normally made me feel exeptionally full and like I was eating all the time.

so far so good ladies!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:26 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Well yesterday ended up being way over my up day calories, and for reasons that are weird. I felt sort of hungry but not really hungry throughout the day, but I just couldn't figure out what to eat. I was also out of the house away from the kids for a few hours, so being busy had something to do with it as well, anyway when I finally did eat, it was disappointing and led to me just throwing my hands in the air and going whole hog at dinner and having candy at night. I am trying not to beat myself up, and move on, down day here I come.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
It happens sometimes. Today is a new day, and as you said it, please don't beat yourself up.
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainypep View Post
So I finished my up day, and I was hungry on and off. I think it is partially a mental thing since I had just been eating whatever/whenever prior to this. I know it will take some doing to stop that "restricted" feeling even though I am hardly restricted. I wanted to log calories for the first few updays so that i get used to what things are worth calorically and make sure that I am somewhat accurate with this.

I never counted carbs or calories really when I lost all my major weight. I weighed and measured specific portion sizes so this is a little more complicated than I am used to.

Off to plan my down day for tomorrow.
I understand what you mean here. When you haven't had to restrict food at all, then find yourself needing to limit food in any way whatsoever (calories in this case) that can be a difficult mind switch at first.

And being a person who never really had to worry about weight at all, then having to think that you actually need to lose - and what to do about it, and if you have any trouble doing it at all - is just so foreign too.

Or like some of us that had to adjust from tracking carbs just concern ourselves now mainly with calories.

But you get used to it all very quick, I've found!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:51 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

This got me to thinking about things in my life especially noticing that my toddler kind of eats this way naturally. About ever 3 days or so he really has very little appetite and doesn't eat much for a couple of days, and then ramps it back up and eats like a horse! All three times that I have been in the hospital not eating for whatever given reason at the time (surgery, laboring to have a baby etc.) it actually took me a while to get my appetite back and just eating normally made me feel exeptionally full and like I was eating all the time.

so far so good ladies!
Interesting observations!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Well yesterday ended up being way over my up day calories, and for reasons that are weird. I felt sort of hungry but not really hungry throughout the day, but I just couldn't figure out what to eat. I was also out of the house away from the kids for a few hours, so being busy had something to do with it as well, anyway when I finally did eat, it was disappointing and led to me just throwing my hands in the air and going whole hog at dinner and having candy at night. I am trying not to beat myself up, and move on, down day here I come.
This one day probably didn't mess anything up An occasional "whole hog" day might even help But yeah, just like Kel said, it's a new day.

I'm enjoying your posts, Rainypep.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Sophie! And everyone else who replied! Appreciate the support
Old 11-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #17

I love your observations on your toddler and it's got me thinking how we can be "conditioned" to NOT eating the way our bodies tell us, especially from an early age. YOU are NOT doing this to your child, letting this child eat whatever he needs for that day and forcing him to eat if he is not hungry! WTG and I wish more Mom and Dads could do this!

I also love the fact that you are starting to see the JUDDD's Magic with hunger. And remember this: If you eat more on your UDs that is your body telling you it is needing more to get ready for your DDs and especially in your case where you are feeding 2. I think going over your UD calories is really not going to make that mush a difference because you ARE feeding 2!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 11-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Briefly checking in while I can. I think things are going well. I am definitely eating closer to about 2200 cals on up days so I am just going to stick with it and see where it gets me on my first weigh in on Friday. I really appreciate all the support everyone is giving me.

I haven't noticed any issues with milk supply as baby seems content and happy and remains eating well.

I have noticed that oddly I have a harder time with up days than down days in terms of deciding what to eat or how to distribute calories, its sort of like I am hoarding them up in case I get hungry later in the day, constantly reworking them seeing how I can maximize their distribution. What usually ends up happening is that I have many more left than I anticipated in the evenings. I am sure as the weeks go on I will get a better handle/sense of how to work this out.

Down day tomorrow and then weigh in on Friday morning! We shall see what the results are...
Old 11-03-2011, 04:46 AM   #19

Sounds like you're doing a good job. I'll be looking forward to hearing what your scale reading is tomorrow. And I do think it will get easier as you go along.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

The one week weigh in.....

wait for it..........

FIVE WHOLE FLIPPIN' POUNDS....OH MY GOSH (TRYING NOT TO SWEAR LIKE A SAILOR AS I AM A MOTHER OF 2) I AM SHOCKED!!!

I totally cannot believe it. I was hoping for 1 pound, actually knowing that I am providing milk it scares me a little bit. I will see what develops in the next week. I am sure it will slow down, but if not I can always up my cals. Milk still seems plentiful and baby seems content. Current cals are @ 1200/2200, and I am exercising the same which is about 3 gym days a week and 2-3 days walking withe the family.

I am so happy, I'm almost afraid to believe its true...it was much easier than I thought.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: selamom
Congratulations! That's awesome!!!
selamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #22

Quote:
The one week weigh in.....

wait for it..........

FIVE WHOLE FLIPPIN' POUNDS....OH MY GOSH (TRYING NOT TO SWEAR LIKE A SAILOR AS I AM A MOTHER OF 2) I AM SHOCKED!!!

I totally cannot believe it. I was hoping for 1 pound, actually knowing that I am providing milk it scares me a little bit. I will see what develops in the next week. I am sure it will slow down, but if not I can always up my cals. Milk still seems plentiful and baby seems content. Current cals are @ 1200/2200, and I am exercising the same which is about 3 gym days a week and 2-3 days walking withe the family.

I am so happy, I'm almost afraid to believe its true...it was much easier than I thought.
I am just sitting here in front of my monitor, reading your post here ^ ^ ^ and laughing so hard!

What fabulous, fabulous, fabulous news! Talk about a WOO HOO!

I know you are being very careful and keeping a very watchful eye on your milk supply, and it sounds like your little guy is thriving!

Wonderful news, and I can understand your happiness. It's going to be awfully nice to be able to nurse your baby successfully while you also lose the baby weight in these coming weeks. Congrats!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow, Rainypep, you just gave me the biggest thrill reading this!!! You're doing AMAZING on JUDDD and it sounds like it's great for you and the little one!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
Congrats on the 5lbs!
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeahGraceG
Stats: 150 (postpartum)/119.6/110 (someday after baby)
Start Date: Nov 2011
Woweee! Congrats! I am jumping up and down for you!
LeahGraceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Okay so long no check- in with good reason.

I woke up in the middle of the night last monday with sever mastitis infection (never had this before) sever chills, shaking, fever, dizziness, nausea and vomiting. Not to mention breast pain etc. I was so sick I had to have my mother in law come and watch the children, and then my husband used a sick day for the rest of the time to help me out, I have never had him do this so to say I was sicker than I have ever been in my life is saying the least. So despite a week on the mend I think that that the ensuing weird eating days and antibiotics are kicking my gastrointestinal track to the curb.

Good news is I am back on a down day today and feeling a bit better. Not 100% yet but mending. And despite it all still weighing in at 174, which is not too shabby, knowing that the meds are messing with me and my eating has been haywire. I decided I wasn't going to worry about it until I felt better, and I am glad I gave myself the peace with that so I could heal.

Onward and upward to more success, baby is still doing well and growing better than ever despite my infection etc. So thankful for that.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #27

Rainy, I am just so sorry to hear this. What a thing to have happen.

I can only imagine how hard it was for you all, and feel thankful that your mother and then DH were able to be there to help out, and so glad to hear you are feeling a whole lot better now! You poor girl.

BUT, I'm sure happy to hear children are well and your little guy is thriving!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #28

Please feel better soon and take care of yourself until you do! So glad you checked in with us, too!
Old 11-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LeahGraceG
Stats: 150 (postpartum)/119.6/110 (someday after baby)
Start Date: Nov 2011
Wow, RainyPep, that's just awful! Mastitis is no joke. Yikes. Glad you got the care you needed and that things are looking up. Take care of yourself!
LeahGraceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Take care! Maybe add lots of coconut oil snacks, good for a weakened immune system (and to clean the gastro tract after antibiotics).

I never had mastitis but had plugged ducts all the time. Painful and annoying, and a bit gross too!

Glad porkchop is still doing well!
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote