Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
So you messed up on your DD...

...or you didn't eat enough on your UD...
...or a special event has come up unexpectedly...

I've seen this question get asked on various threads recently, from a lot of newbies

(I'm one myself!)
and I do hope we'll be seeing more new JUDDD Buddds every day!

I'm sure it will continue to be a concern,
so let's put all our answers in one spot!

Post here if you have a question about how to get back on track.

Or, if you already answered this question on another thread,
perhaps you could just cut & paste your post.
New lows, 2014:
6/29 282.8
7/07 280.2
7/13 277.2

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-28-2011 at 08:34 AM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
great thread!
subscribing
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
This is what I did:

I was doing great on a DD and then made an awesome dinner for my son and decided to eat with him--around 7pm.

Based on some info i found on a couple of other JUDDD sites, I decided to change my cut-off times for my UDs & DDs, instead of basing it on when I wake up.

So the next day I ate my planned UD breakfast and lunch, but then started my DD at 7pm--24 hours from my "mess up".
I did actually stop eating my UD calories at 3pm, so as to have a mostly empty stomach by 7pm.
*And because this was not the first DD I messed up,
I have stayed on this pattern all week. I actually find it a MUCH less stressful WOE.

You may want to get back to your regular schedule ASAP, but if you do this, you will have only "messed up" one meal rather than a whole day. And you may have to extend your UD or DD by one meal to get back on track, but with regular JUDDD it can take 2 or 3 days and messing with "medium days" to get back on schedule. Especially if you have dinner plans or a wedding to go to, classes or workouts on certain days, etc, you can't always just change which day of the week your UDs and DDs fall on.

More info on this plan:
24hrUD/24hrDD experiment

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-28-2011 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: ETA:*
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I love the modified schedule you came up with, Jenny, and I plan to start doing this today. I'm having a DD until this evening

I sort of ended up trying it out without planning to on Wed. when I was RAVENOUS and overate at the end of my DD by 275 calories.

I considered it the start of my UD according to your schedule, and just subtracted those calories off the next day, my real UD on the regular JUDDD schedule.

Anyway, it worked fine. I think MUDDDing as we call it will be much easier for me, especially because I'm the type of person who just cannot sleep at night or sleep well if I'm going to bed hungry.

I also love that each day is a combo UD/DD and when you start the day as a DD, you are never more than HOURS from UD eating again!

This schedule seems very very livable and flexible.

Thanks for thinking outside the box for us
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lcklass
Great idea for a thread, I hope to learn more from others' experience!

````````````````
Bonnie
lcklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
You may want to get back to your regular schedule ASAP, but if you do this, you will have only "messed up" one meal rather than a whole day. And you may have to extend your UD or DD by one meal to get back on track, but with regular JUDDD it can take 2 or 3 days and messing with "medium days" to get back on schedule. Especially if you have dinner plans or a wedding to go to, classes or workouts on certain days, etc, you can't always just change which day of the week your UDs and DDs fall on.

More info on this plan:
24hrUD/24hrDD experiment
Thanks, Jenny! I've actually been following your other thread, but since I'm having so much trouble with my daily schedule that I haven't tried that yet. But using this to "fix" a messed up meal sure sounds simpler than waiting for a day!

I'm kind of stumped on what to do these next few days:

Yesterday was a DD, and I actually ate 699 cals, 401 of which came as an early dinner (before martial arts class) and in-between light dinner (before tai chi class). So those two classes combined, I burned 817 cals, so I was actually at -118 yesterday,

So today's supposed to be an UD. No training scheduled.

Tomorrow is an 8-hr martial arts festival (I'll probably be moving about 6 hours).

Sunday I'm planning a hike.

Monday's a rest day.

So, do I make today a MD? Then UD on Sat for the festival plus carb loading for Sun. Then Sun to be another MD? I'll be burning whatever I eat, I'm sure.

Monday will be a DD.

But can I have DD, MD, UD, MD and DD, meaning two MDs in there?

Thanks in advance!

Kristine

10/15/11 weight: 141
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
I really messed up my Down Day yesterday by going to a party. After a rum and diet coke that I had carefully calculated into my 500 calories, I went on a mini feeding frenzy eating chips, artichoke dip, hummus, 7 layer dip, and a jack and coke!

It wasn't a total disaster as my day's calories came out to be around 1500 calories and I was under on my calories my first 2 days of Judd. But I KNOW 2 Up days in a row is not following the plan. I'm just going to forge on ahead and make this a down day to get back on track. It's just sad that I messed up on day 3 already! Here are my calories and weigh ins.

Wednesday 445 cals, 118.6, Down Day

Thursday 1174 cals, 115.8, Up Day

Friday 1515 cals, 115.6, Up Day

Saturday will be around 500 cals, 116.4, Down Day

So I'm guessing that a Down Day is is an ok way to get on track? I'm not even hungry this morning because of my late night food fest!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qbert
I also can't sleep at all if I am hungry. I hope this doesn't screw up the program too much but I did wake up one night on my DD and had to eat something, so I had some protein and counted it as part of my UP day the following day. I wish I could just go to bed and fall asleep if I'm hungry but I am the type who wakes up from hunger.
qbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert View Post
I also can't sleep at all if I am hungry. I hope this doesn't screw up the program too much but I did wake up one night on my DD and had to eat something, so I had some protein and counted it as part of my UP day the following day. I wish I could just go to bed and fall asleep if I'm hungry but I am the type who wakes up from hunger.
I feel the same way and I have learned to save a small amount of my DD calories for a little snack right before bed. Sometimes it's a small apple, a piece of low cal toast or something else with a few calories, but by doing this I don't wake up hungry in the middle of the night anymore!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I have found that 80-100 cals of full fat cheese just b4 bed stops any middle of the night munchies, AND makes me sleep better!

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NoelleSilvia
Stats: H267/S260/C254/T200
WOE: Modified LC
Start Date: August 2012
I also went Overboard on my DD yesterday. Pigged out on crap. So today is another DD for me. Broth, water, tea and soup for diner! Tomorrow will be an UD but I will keep it LC!
NoelleSilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
If you at the JUDDD article and read between the lines there may be a whole lot more
lea way on DDs than we talk about here. Yes the Dr. does stress that to turn the Sirt1
gene on we need to stick to 20 or 25% DDs for the first 2 weeks. Then if you realy feal
you need more on a DD you can go for a 30 or 35% DDs. He even has a 45% listing for
a weight loss/maintaince DD. Taking my case being a 61 years young man and 270 lbs a 20% DD comes to 520 calories and 2622 on a UD but I could go as high as 1180 on a DD
and still be in a weight loss/maintiance mode true the weight loss would be verry verry
slow but I wouldn't have " blown my diet " allowing for inflation that was just my 3 cent's
worth.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
If you at the JUDDD article and read between the lines there may be a whole lot more
lea way on DDs than we talk about here. Yes the Dr. does stress that to turn the Sirt1
gene on we need to stick to 20 or 25% DDs for the first 2 weeks. Then if you realy feal
you need more on a DD you can go for a 30 or 35% DDs. He even has a 45% listing for
a weight loss/maintaince DD. Taking my case being a 61 years young man and 270 lbs a 20% DD comes to 520 calories and 2622 on a UD but I could go as high as 1180 on a DD
and still be in a weight loss/maintiance mode true the weight loss would be verry verry
slow but I wouldn't have " blown my diet " allowing for inflation that was just my 3 cent's
worth.
Very good point E.W. I'm guilty of really obsessing about my UD and DD numbers (which is serving me well right now), but the science allows for us to have the occasional slip-up without too much difficulty, as long as it's not an every day occurrence. Thanks for the reminder.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: belfrybat
WOE: Lowish carb (formerly on Protein Power)
If I blow a DD (like I did yesterday) I just make the next day a stricter than usual DD, and go on from there. I see no sense in beating myself up about something that has already happened. All I can control is what I do today.
belfrybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Over did my DD yesterday but only 200 cals. I decided today I would push myself a little harder during exercise (which I did) and perhaps scale back 100 cals today.
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote