Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's FRIDAY - What are you eating? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/743231-its-friday-what-you-eating.html)

sophiethecat 10-27-2011 10:23 PM

It's FRIDAY - What are you eating?

TGIF! :)

Will be a DD for me when I wake up tomorrow.

What kind of day are you having, and what are you having? (And how many calories?) Inquiring minds wanna know! :D

Debrat3 10-28-2011 12:32 AM

DD for me too
I will have my 2 cups of coffe with half and half
Then for lunch I am going to have a terrikaye (sp) chicken breast from Costco 140 cals with 2 cups for mixed veggies. I might even eat that again for dinner and call it a day. I'll have to see how I feel at dinner.:confused:

Dottie 10-28-2011 03:26 AM

Good morning!
B: coffee, almond milk(I calorie budget for 1 cup almond milk through the day - 35 cals)
D: lean ground beef(160), rotel(20) and cabbage(22)
S: tuna noodle casserole (pouch of tuna in water(80), shiratake noodles(0), parmesan cheese(1T 30), kroger cheese sprinkles(5), butter sprinkles(5), maybe 1tsp ghee(45 -not sure yet)
Totals: 418 cals, 13g carbs, 5g fiber, 46g protein

If I get hungry, 5 calorie beef broth.

wastednuffime 10-28-2011 05:13 AM

UD for me. So far, I know i am going to have an apple and i just put the crock pot on w /homemade chili. I'm sure there will be other things, just have not planned it out yet.

Let me ask, do you all plan ( pre-plan) out your UD meals in advance? Or do you just go-with-the-flow? I'm reading and learning as much as i can. I need to make sure that i don't "diet" on my UD, but at the same time, i don't wanna go over board either, meaning lots of junk food...Guess I'm a tad confused . Like right now, I'm hungry, but making myself wait :stars:

Please advise...
Thanks..

Dottie 10-28-2011 05:21 AM

I try to plan as much as I can to make sure I'm in the right range:)

wastednuffime 10-28-2011 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15128791)
I try to plan as much as I can to make sure I'm in the right range:)

Thanks Dottie..

2muchme 10-28-2011 05:30 AM

Up today!!!

Besides Prime Rib at the wedding I don't even know. I've been dreaming of the prime rib for days now!! Just checked and its 760 calories!! Holy crap...

Yeah, but makes no nevermind because I can have 1800 calories for the day! Oh good, room for coffee with cream.

I'm starting to understand what gets people so excited about this WOE. Btw, lost another pound this AM!!! Could this be real?!!

Sissiesue 10-28-2011 07:22 AM

Happy Friday!!!

DD for me.

B: Coffee
L: Coffee fortified with an egg, heavy cream, and sweetener (170)
S: Bullion (5 cal)
D: Vegetable soup -- gonna keep it to 200 calories (200) + a wee bit of rum (175) :)

I'll try to stay around 550 today. I hope I get through my first DD Friday unscathed!

sophiethecat 10-28-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2muchme (Post 15128805)
Up today!!!

I can have 1800 calories for the day! Oh good, room for coffee with cream.

I'm starting to understand what gets people so excited about this WOE. Btw, lost another pound this AM!!! Could this be real?!!

Whooo hoooo!!!! :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: Enjoy your UD and that prime rib and all the other yummy things you eat! Congrats on that pound lost!! :jumpjoy: Way to go!!! :high5:

sophiethecat 10-28-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wastednuffime (Post 15128802)
Thanks Dottie..

Hi Anna, I haven't been planning UD, unless there was some particular food I had put back to have or was intending to have. Or if there was some event I knew I'd be going to. But otherwise I sort of log as I go and it's been working out. But I can see the benefit of planning for some people - might be a really good thing to do. :high5:

emky 10-28-2011 08:35 AM

DD for me.

So far I've had one packet of diet cocoa (25), 1 c. coffee (10), and a mug w/ two broth cubes (10).

I became quite sick to my stomach last night and spent the evening getting to re-taste my UD dinner :sick: So, I'm going to stick with liquids until later this evening.

I haven't been weighing myself, because I know my weight has been up lately. There's no mystery as to why- I've been abusing my UD's. I mean really abusing them. I think reintroducing sugar to my diet has been a bad idea; it has certainly reawakened cravings. I'm going to cut the sugar out again and soldier on. Maybe once I've reached my goal weight I can toy with the idea of letting myself have a "real" dessert every now and again...but at this point, I'd rather just cut the stuff out. I'm not in maintenance yet- not by a long shot.

2muchme 10-28-2011 08:56 AM

thanks, sophiecat!!! I think I love this!!

lcklass 10-28-2011 09:15 AM

DD for me, and I'm relieved, lol. Seems almost easier to eat less calories for me these days. ;)

Br: coffee/coconut milk (15)
Sn: egg white omelet with spinach & mozzarella (140)
Ln: pork rinds (155)
Dn: Big ass salad with grilled chicken ;) (158)

If needed: Swiss Miss Diet (25) and SF Apple Cider (15)

Total: 505 Calories

~~~~~~~
Bonnie

darlingnikki 10-28-2011 09:40 AM

UD for me
B-waffles w sf PB and SF syrup 525 cals
L-cottage cheese and fruit salad
S-cucumber celery carrot sticks
D-spinach salad and multigrain pizza with chicken spinach and artichoke hearts
S-yogurt 35 cals
will measure and weigh calories for lunch snack and dinner when I put them together, my goal is 500 cals each meal and 298 for snacks and coffee cream total UD cals goal is 1798

sophiethecat 10-28-2011 10:06 AM

Been drinking black coffee all a.m.

12 noon, had my first DD meal:

1 c. Amy's vegetable soup (60 calorie)
1 slice of Nickell's lite bread, toasted (35 calorie)
spread with 1 WW swiss cheese wedge (30 calorie)

Total of 125 calories

synger 10-28-2011 10:19 AM

MD for me (DD yesterday, need UD tomorrow for Halloween party)

B: Cottage cheese
S: coffee and doughnut (haven't had one in AGES)
L: salad w/lettuce and cabbage, ranch dressing, ham. Miso soup. Salami rollups w/cream cheese
D: (planned) roast chicken. butternut squash w/SF syrup

Then I'll be taste-testing various alcoholic concoctions... We're taking the makings for apple margaritas (tequila, cinnamon schnapps, apple schnapps, apple cider) to the party tomorrow, but need to know the right proportions. So tonight is testing time.

YUM!

vilanteira 10-28-2011 10:22 AM

UD here.

B: pumpkin shake (though I modified a bit, adding Greek yogurt, less hwc, and used stevia)

L: homemade onigiri

D: going out for shabu shabu!

I should be able to fill up my calorie quota at shabu shabu. Can I just say again how much I love this WOE? Since I only started on Tuesday, it's too soon to tell, but I'm really, really, really hoping this works out for me. :aprayer:

Happy Friday everyone! :clap:

sophiethecat 10-28-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vilanteira (Post 15129682)
UD here.

B: pumpkin shake (though I modified a bit, adding Greek yogurt, less hwc, and used stevia)

L: homemade onigiri

D: going out for shabu shabu!

I should be able to fill up my calorie quota at shabu shabu. Can I just say again how much I love this WOE? Since I only started on Tuesday, it's too soon to tell, but I'm really, really, really hoping this works out for me. :aprayer:

Happy Friday everyone! :clap:

I have no idea what these are, but you love them and I hope you enjoy them to the fullest! :jumpjoy: Have an awesome day, vilanteira! :high5:

vilanteira 10-28-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15129691)
I have no idea what these are, but you love them and I hope you enjoy them to the fullest! :jumpjoy: Have an awesome day, vilanteira! :high5:

Onigiri - They sort of have a lot in common with sushi, except they're larger balls of rice wrapped in nori with things like tuna or salmon or pickled plum in the center.

Shabu shabu - Japanese hot pot! Very yummy and actually very low carb, since I make my own dipping sauces. :yummy:

Thanks so much, Sophie! You do the same! :hugs:

Lori-s 10-28-2011 12:06 PM

My very first DD!
Black Coffee, Whey Protein Shake

Soup (Chicken bouillion, zucchini,spinach, celery)

String Cheese, Turkey Meatballs, Grape Tomatoes

and maybe a Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa before bed. (I usually need an evening snack even if I eat dinner late)

Without the cocoa it's 438 calories and with it's 463.

Dottie 10-28-2011 12:08 PM

welcome Lori:) I'm a newbie to JUDD as well :)

kris4chloe 10-28-2011 12:18 PM

DD for me

B: starbucks grande caramel machiato at 140 calories
B2: (a little while later) egg whites with one egg and peppers scrambled 115 calories
L: veggie soup 88 calories
D: veggie soup 88 calories

still have plenty of my soup and it really fills me up. this leaves me 69 calories still so if i need something tonight i can either have a carb master yogurt or some swiss miss sensible

i know that the starbucks was a bit much, but i needed some feel good motivation to get through the day. i also knew that dinner and lunch would be under 170 calories combined so i had some extra.

last DD i was just at 300 calories and it didnt really help to go that low so I figured I will stick at 500

sophiethecat 10-28-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vilanteira (Post 15129732)
Onigiri - They sort of have a lot in common with sushi, except they're larger balls of rice wrapped in nori with things like tuna or salmon or pickled plum in the center.

Shabu shabu - Japanese hot pot! Very yummy and actually very low carb, since I make my own dipping sauces. :yummy:

Thanks so much, Sophie! You do the same! :hugs:

Thanks, those foods sound very :yummy:

sophiethecat 10-28-2011 12:24 PM

Logging a Carbmaster cherry yogurt.

Ugh, first time I ever tried Carbmaster and I can really taste the artificial sweetener in it :p A little too much of that "fake sweet" flavor to suit me, and had a hard time finishing it.

Anyway, my calories are up to 185.

kris4chloe 10-28-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15130080)
Logging a Carbmaster cherry yogurt.

Ugh, first time I ever tried Carbmaster and I can really taste the artificial sweetener in it :p A little too much of that "fake sweet" flavor to suit me, and had a hard time finishing it.

Anyway, my calories are up to 185.

good to know. i only bought a few at the store the other day to try, they were on sale. but i am not so fond of the artificial sweetners. i would rather do without.

RileyWorm 10-28-2011 01:51 PM

UD for me:
breakfast was an egg scrambled with a bit of spam and cream cheese (270)
greek yogurt, almond butter, and honey (300)
lunch was a nutty bar (240)
so that's 860
but tonight will be bad because since the CARDINALS are playing for the WS tonight, off to the bar we go, with probably lots of beer and fried food. gah!
and tomorrow is my class reunion, same thing (beer and fried food!)
oh well. i'll try to be as good as i can then back 100% sunday.

emky 10-28-2011 03:58 PM

I'm up to 275 calories after eating a late lunch/early supper once I got off work. I have another site yet to clean tonight, so I'll most definitely end the day with a snack once I'm home. I'll probably have a diet swiss miss, but if I'm super hungry I might make some calorie free noodles and add a little SF pasta sauce. I'd like to avoid doing that though, because the noodles are made of gluc, which might make me weigh more tomorrow. Yep, tomorrow is the day of reckoning--I'm going to face the scale.

emky 10-28-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RileyWorm (Post 15130313)
UD for me:
breakfast was an egg scrambled with a bit of spam and cream cheese (270)
greek yogurt, almond butter, and honey (300)
lunch was a nutty bar (240)
so that's 860
but tonight will be bad because since the CARDINALS are playing for the WS tonight, off to the bar we go, with probably lots of beer and fried food. gah!
and tomorrow is my class reunion, same thing (beer and fried food!)
oh well. i'll try to be as good as i can then back 100% sunday.

Hey RileyWorm, what part of Illinois do you live in? Hopefully not Chicago! :laugh:

betty301 10-28-2011 04:19 PM

Fairly good 'clean,' UD for me

dried peas
-greek yogurt
1/2 banana

1 serving wheat thins:o

6oz steak
oatmeal
*steak and oatmeal??* :dunno:

turkey meatballs with sweetn sour sauce(just a little)
celery
strawberries

1295 cals/40F/125C/112P***need to get Protein UP***

with room for dessert!!

Speck333 10-28-2011 06:34 PM

Hey y'all. I had a medical procedure this morning, and am just now rousing myself out of my pain medication and valium induced stupor. Made for a righteously easy down day though! LOL!

B: two scrambled eggs in butter with half and half (140)
L: (which I didn't have until 4 o'clock) 3/4 cup cottage cheese and 1/2 cup diced peaches (203)
D: 4 oz lean pork loin chop, 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce salad with light ceasar dressing (<--- so far the only "light" thing I'm using) (257)

600 total cals on the nose! And 25 net carbs.