Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Maintaining...could these numbers be right? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/743230-maintaining-could-these-numbers-right.html)

oneoftwo 10-27-2011 09:16 PM

Maintaining...could these numbers be right?

Hi,

I am doing a round of HCG to get to my goal weight. I am considering JUDDD as my plan to maintain. I checked out the JUDDD website calculator and these were what my UD and DD calories should be below...they seem soooo high to me, could this be right? I think way to high, no??

Some background
37yo , 5ft 3.5", currently 125 (hoping to get to between 120-115 when I finish HCG and then maintain.)
I also usually run 3x a week, usually between 3-5 miles each run

This was 50% maintenance mode (should I switch this?)
Light exercise 1-3x a week
UD 2,713
DD 1,357

Do I just jump right into maintenance level calories if I am at my goal weight and have not done Juddd before?

Sissiesue 10-27-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneoftwo (Post 15128510)
Hi,

I am doing a round of HCG to get to my goal weight. I am considering JUDDD as my plan to maintain. I checked out the JUDDD website calculator and these were what my UD and DD calories should be below...they seem soooo high to me, could this be right? I think way to high, no??

Some background
37yo , 5ft 3.5", currently 125 (hoping to get to between 120-115 when I finish HCG and then maintain.)
I also usually run 3x a week, usually between 3-5 miles each run

This was 50% maintenance mode (should I switch this?)
Light exercise 1-3x a week
UD 2,713
DD 1,357

Do I just jump right into maintenance level calories if I am at my goal weight and have not done Juddd before?

When I put your numbers into the JUDDD calculator, I got 1821 for the UD and 911 for the DD. I think that you might have had kg selected instead of lb, which would make you a lot heavier (to the calculator) than you are :laugh:.

SoHappy 10-27-2011 09:39 PM

Are you sure you plugged your stats in correctly and put in lbs instead of kg for the weight?

Anyway, I plugged your stats in at freedieting and the JUDDD site and got a variance for your UD maintenance number of from 1700 to about 2050, so your DD number would be half of that if you want to do the 50% figure.

And if it were me, yes.. I'd just jump right into maintenance on JUDDD, and depending on whether I was adding back in some carbs, I'd expect to regain some water weight along with those carbs being returned to my diet. That evens out after a bit, so that's not the thing to worry about.

Then you'll tweak your UD and DD numbers as needed until you have yourself maintaining within your range pretty easily. You will undoubtedly fluctuate up a little, down a little over the days, but overall should remain within your maintenance window.

If you're going over or continuing to lose below where you want to go, you can do a bit of adjusting to the numbers until you settle in about where you want to stay.

Hope you'll join us here. We have quite a few former HCG dieters here now in their maintenance. This is a fun and fabulous plan, lots of very successful folks here, and it's a very supportive and friendly forum. You'll love it!

paulabob 10-28-2011 04:33 AM

Just keep in mind that weight can start packing back on pretty quickly the first few days after ceasing the low calories of hcg. You might do a few days of P3 first...or you might be brave and jump in headfirst, expecting some major scale upticks and downticks.

SissieSue's numbers sound right... Mine are around 1800/600 at 5'2, lightly active, for weight loss.

oneoftwo 10-28-2011 04:37 AM

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissiesue (Post 15128535)
When I put your numbers into the JUDDD calculator, I got 1821 for the UD and 911 for the DD. I think that you might have had kg selected instead of lb, which would make you a lot heavier (to the calculator) than you are :laugh:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15128539)
Are you sure you plugged your stats in correctly and put in lbs instead of kg for the weight?

Anyway, I plugged your stats in at freedieting and the JUDDD site and got a variance for your UD maintenance number of from 1700 to about 2050, so your DD number would be half of that if you want to do the 50% figure.

And if it were me, yes.. I'd just jump right into maintenance on JUDDD, and depending on whether I was adding back in some carbs, I'd expect to regain some water weight along with those carbs being returned to my diet. That evens out after a bit, so that's not the thing to worry about.

Then you'll tweak your UD and DD numbers as needed until you have yourself maintaining within your range pretty easily. You will undoubtedly fluctuate up a little, down a little over the days, but overall should remain within your maintenance window.

If you're going over or continuing to lose below where you want to go, you can do a bit of adjusting to the numbers until you settle in about where you want to stay.

Hope you'll join us here. We have quite a few former HCG dieters here now in their maintenance. This is a fun and fabulous plan, lots of very successful folks here, and it's a very supportive and friendly forum. You'll love it!

Ha, that is what I did ! I thought that was really high for anyone :stars:
So do you think I should start with the 40-45% or 50%?
40% 1816 UD/726 DD
45% 1816 UD/817 DD
50% 1816 UD/908 DD

I put in light exercise because I usually run no more then 3x a week

oneoftwo 10-28-2011 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulabob (Post 15128809)
Just keep in mind that weight can start packing back on pretty quickly the first few days after ceasing the low calories of hcg. You might do a few days of P3 first...or you might be brave and jump in headfirst, expecting some major scale upticks and downticks.

SissieSue's numbers sound right... Mine are around 1800/600 at 5'2, lightly active, for weight loss.

Thanks Everyone !! Very helpful

I did plan to do P3 for atleast a week before moving to JUDDD

Idreamofweightloss 10-28-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneoftwo (Post 15128878)
Thanks Everyone !! Very helpful

I did plan to do P3 for atleast a week before moving to JUDDD

Looks like just like we did HCG together we will move on to JUDDD together! aint that something. My plan is to still do the P3 for three weeks BUT to eat my JUDDD calories while I do it. Just gotta get my calories correct.

oneoftwo 10-28-2011 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss (Post 15129155)
Looks like just like we did HCG together we will move on to JUDDD together! aint that something. My plan is to still do the P3 for three weeks BUT to eat my JUDDD calories while I do it. Just gotta get my calories correct.

Oh cool ! Sounds like a doable lifetime plan. I have done Atkins for many years before this and am just not feeling going back to maintain. Now if I could just get to goal !! Plus I really want to get back to running. I miss it and will be starting to train for a couple upcoming races

Idreamofweightloss 10-28-2011 06:50 AM

Thats great! I hate to run. So when I do start to exercise it will be walking or biking. I am hoping to get to 115 or lower before I come to JUDDD Thats just two pounds. I hope I will be there by Wednesday. If I follow my pattern I should be.

Beeb 10-28-2011 06:51 AM

I do the 45% and have found it keeps my maintenance weight right in line of the 136 I'm right now. I go up and down 1 to 1.5 pounds every other day but still right where I want to be.

HTH! And :welcome: to the JUDDD Family :shake::high5:!!

oneoftwo 10-28-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15129205)
I do the 45% and have found it keeps my maintenance weight right in line of the 136 I'm right now. I go up and down 1 to 1.5 pounds every other day but still right where I want to be.

HTH! And :welcome: to the JUDDD Family :shake::high5:!!

Thanks, feedback like this is good to know.

sazzie 10-28-2011 07:47 AM

Oneoftwo!

Your avatar is too cute! I love it!!!!

oneoftwo 10-28-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sazzie (Post 15129407)
Oneoftwo!

Your avatar is too cute! I love it!!!!

Ha! Thanks

synger 10-28-2011 09:54 AM

After doing some reading on JUDDD, I'm pretty much just describing it as calorie restriction with zig-zag calorie days. My average is 1400. I could lose on just that if I ate that every day, in theory. But my body disagrees, and holds onto fat in case of famine (or just plain orneriness!).

So instead I eat 600 one day, and 2200 the next. It's still an average of 1400. And my body can't figure it out, because I'm obviously not 'starving' because of the UDs. So it begins letting go of the fat.

But if annoying people pester me about my diet, I tell them "It's easy. I rely on an all-encompassing obsession with food, an untested fad diet very few people have heard of, and regularly scheduled periods of starvation"

That usually shuts them up.

(nice people I actually explain it to)

kris4chloe 10-28-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synger (Post 15129800)

But if annoying people pester me about my diet, I tell them "It's easy. I rely on an all-encompassing obsession with food, an untested fad diet very few people have heard of, and regularly scheduled periods of starvation"

:hyst:

SoHappy 10-28-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

After doing some reading on JUDDD, I'm pretty much just describing it as calorie restriction with zig-zag calorie days. My average is 1400. I could lose on just that if I ate that every day, in theory. But my body disagrees, and holds onto fat in case of famine (or just plain orneriness!).

So instead I eat 600 one day, and 2200 the next. It's still an average of 1400. And my body can't figure it out, because I'm obviously not 'starving' because of the UDs. So it begins letting go of the fat.

This made me laugh so hard! :hyst:

sophiethecat 10-28-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15130062)
This made me laugh so hard! :hyst:

Me too! :hyst:

oneoftwo 10-28-2011 11:26 AM

Thank you so much everyone for the feedback. I think this is going to be a perfect fit for me after I hit goal with hcg.

Another question, when is the best time to weigh in? I usually weigh every morning to monitor, is that too much?

Ideally I would never like to be over 125, so trying to decide if my goal should be 120 or 115 to give me a good "window"

LuvLatte 10-28-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

OMG!!! :hyst::rofl::clap:

I LOVE it!!!

sophiethecat 10-28-2011 12:34 PM

wanted to pop back in to say :welcome: to JUDDD-world, one of two! Hope you love it here too!

Beeb 10-28-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

I LOVE THIS!!! :hyst::lol::up::clap: And:welcome:!!

RileyWorm 10-28-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneoftwo (Post 15130091)
Thank you so much everyone for the feedback. I think this is going to be a perfect fit for me after I hit goal with hcg.

Another question, when is the best time to weigh in? I usually weigh every morning to monitor, is that too much?

Ideally I would never like to be over 125, so trying to decide if my goal should be 120 or 115 to give me a good "window"

if you are coming off of HCG, definitely weigh everyday during maintenance. just my suggestion. i did two rounds and i was more successful with maintaining after the first round when i weighed myself every day.

dawnyama 10-28-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneoftwo (Post 15130091)

Hi :hiya: I am going to be over here once I am done with this current round of hcg too. I hear this is the happening place to be :up: How doable will this be after training ourselves with 500 calories and P2??!! Hahaha!! Anyhow, I have done a few rounds of hcg, but not had any experience with JUDDD so my answer will be purely from the hcg side. I get down to 5 pounds below what I want my upper limit to be. That 2 lb window that Dr Simeons' has put in his Pounds and Inches document is too small for me. I fluctuate about 5 lbs either way when done with a round. So if you don't want to be 125 again, I suggest 120 is a good stopping point. I am the same height as you and want to get as low as 115, because I want 120 to be my upper limit.

Oh, and the rule for maintenance on hcg is to weigh every day. I know that Marie, who is on JUDDD, and is at her goal weight after doing 2 rounds of hcg weighs every day. She knows what to expect with her weight on JUDDD and is prepared for the ups and downs.

oneoftwo 10-29-2011 06:19 AM

:goodpost:

Thanks !! When is your round ending?
Are you planning to do a fully 3 week P3?

oneoftwo 10-29-2011 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15130272)
wanted to pop back in to say :welcome: to JUDDD-world, one of two! Hope you love it here too!

Thanks !!

dawnyama 10-29-2011 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneoftwo (Post 15131777)
:goodpost:

Thanks !! When is your round ending?
Are you planning to do a fully 3 week P3?

I am just getting off my interruption. I am planning on going on the hcg til I reach goal. I would like to get to 115, so however long that takes. I am currently sick--I mean sneezing, stuffy nose, headachy cold stuff sick, so if I don't lose for a few days it could hurt my round. When I try and do protocol and have a cold my body would rather fight off the virus than concentrate on losing weight. So if it takes longer than 3 weeks I may change my mind and just end at the 21 days. At this point, I am playing it by ear, and day to day. And yes, I will be following P3 for 3 weeks before switching to JUDDD for my maintenance. I want my weight set in stone before I start JUDDDing.

oneoftwo 10-29-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnyama (Post 15131792)
I am just getting off my interruption. I am planning on going on the hcg til I reach goal. I would like to get to 115, so however long that takes. I am currently sick--I mean sneezing, stuffy nose, headachy cold stuff sick, so if I don't lose for a few days it could hurt my round. When I try and do protocol and have a cold my body would rather fight off the virus than concentrate on losing weight. So if it takes longer than 3 weeks I may change my mind and just end at the 21 days. At this point, I am playing it by ear, and day to day. And yes, I will be following P3 for 3 weeks before switching to JUDDD for my maintenance. I want my weight set in stone before I start JUDDDing.

Oh no, hope you feel better. I had the same thing a couple weeks ago.
Have you thought about what you are doing for your UD/DD calories? Just curious since we are similar stats

Joedi 10-29-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Now, that would be intersting to have on your stats under "woe"...dont know if it would all fit in, though!:hyst:

Would make a great signature too!

hugs
Jo
x

dawnyama 10-29-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneoftwo (Post 15131905)
Oh no, hope you feel better. I had the same thing a couple weeks ago.
Have you thought about what you are doing for your UD/DD calories? Just curious since we are similar stats

I was having trouble with that calculator because I could not figure out which section we should be looking under. There are so many options. I know that I will most likely be doing the 500 for my down days, but was not even sure what my up days would look like. I am guessing a lot like my P3 days.

oneoftwo 10-29-2011 07:43 AM

These we mine with a 125 current weight. I am thinking of the 40% to start and see how my body/weight responds and adjust from there up or down

40%- 1818/726
45% -1816/817
50%- 1816/908