Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
darlingnikki

How are you feeling as this day nears its end? I hope you are better as the hours pass.

Been thinking about you...
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
yes...me too!

Hope you are feeling a little better, and are taking it very easy!

post soon!
hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hope you're feeling better, darlingnikki!!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
awww thank you so much ladies!
I am weaning off the narcotics so while a little uncomfortable I am clearer headed which feels good!
I am walking every day around the house and ventured into the kitchen today and made some peppermint tea!
DD #2 for me, did pretty well but I think I may break down and peek at the scale tomorrow despite my previous decree and see if I can asess the damage.
Kids and DH being very helpful my daughter weighed my fish and salad tonight for me!
Oddly enough poor DH got a raging case of food poisoning last night and has stayed in bed with me all day, so I wasn't too lonely today, but I did get a good laugh last night (which hurt) when I saw in an attempt to make it to the bathroom to vomit the poor man spray painted my hallway walls, carpet and banister with pizza....it was 2 AM so at that point all you CAN do is laugh. I mean, seriously, good lord I laughed so hard I had tears!! It didn't hurt his feelings but rubber gloving it in the wee hours when standing upright itself is a challenge wiping pepperoni off the walls he was cleaning too beside me while sweating and groaning...well all I can say its a moment we won't soon forget!
Thank you so much for this thread ladies!
hugs
Nikki.

FABULOUS IN MY FORTIES!
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #5

Married love. In all its glory. Hope DH feels better this evening.

Glad you're feeling better. If you're up and walking a bit more each day, that's supposed to be really good for you in getting strong again quickly. Good luck. I know this is the best thing to have had done, just icky to have to go through the actual procedure. But now.. you're FREE!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Pat,
you are completely correct. Now that the pain is coming under control, I find myself getting excited about the positive changes coming my way! I will never again have to deal with my little monthly friend who is SUPPOSED to go away after 5-7 days for fifty-two-days-straight!
Sorry if that's TMI but its what I've lived with for almost two years.
This is so worth it.
And as for my hubby, its true that is all its glory LOL but we've been through worse and the one thing that has kept us from falling apart is laughter.
We are celebrating our twentieth anniversary next month!
hugs
Nikki.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
You sound SO wonderful and there is nothing like a good laugh (sorry it was at the expense of DH) for healing!!

Walking is a wonderful way to get back on your feet faster. It does so many great things for our bodies from moving gas around, which is terribly painful right now, to getting our muscles to move which in turns makes our healing go so much better. I had my surgery late in the afternoon (best thing I EVER did, BTW!) and by 6 AM the next morning I was ringing for the nurse to help me get my night gown on so I could go for a walk. It made all the difference in the world for me!

Be careful, though. You will feel stronger every day, but you still need to rest, nap and NOT do too much. Cleaning those walls probably was NOT a good idea, but I know we have to do what we have to do at times. But careful with the bending and stretching.

Let us know what the scale says when you decide to look!! I bet it's a good number!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Linda you are so right trust me I did the bare minimum I think I was more at risk from laughing!!
Thank you again for the thread ladies you are too kind.
This morning I was.....132.4 so up .6 I'll take it!!
We leave in three weeks from today to go to Mexico for our twentieth so I'm going to set a very modest goal of 2.5 pounds for the next three weeks I would love to see the 120s even just once. I haven't been in the 120s since I was a teenager!
hugs
Nikki
Old 10-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlingnikki View Post
Linda you are so right trust me I did the bare minimum I think I was more at risk from laughing!!
Thank you again for the thread ladies you are too kind.
This morning I was.....132.4 so up .6 I'll take it!!
We leave in three weeks from today to go to Mexico for our twentieth so I'm going to set a very modest goal of 2.5 pounds for the next three weeks I would love to see the 120s even just once. I haven't been in the 120s since I was a teenager!
hugs
Nikki
That is so much better than I thought you could possibly be this soon after surgery! Yay! Yay! Yay!

I thought you would still be retaining fluid from anesthesia and the assault on your body that is a surgery, etc.

You're doing so well. Good luck losing the next 2.5 pounds! I'll be rooting for this!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #10
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Nikki, I emailed with Dr. Johnson this week and he mentioned in general that a person should wait 6 weeks before returning to a JUDDD style of eating. He did mention he thought LC would be a good way for me to eat (I think to keep the cancer at bay rather than healing from surgery) - but also cuz the protein involved helps us heal.

Glad you're feeling better but sorry you have barf walls and dh is sick! Great tude!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Nikki, I emailed with Dr. Johnson this week and he mentioned in general that a person should wait 6 weeks before returning to a JUDDD style of eating. Great tude!
Thank you for letting me know this! I am keeping in tune with my body and if I start to feel crappy or dizzy on my DD I will definately up my calories.

I know from past experience it is dangerous for me to *not* have a plan so I prefer to have one and tweak it if need be, food for me is not about food it's about *control* so if I need to tweak and add more calories and still be on plan so to speak, then in my head I am still in control... these little mental mind games are what keep me from finding myself face down in a box of doughnuts

I don't know if that makes sense but it's what works for me.

Hugs
Nikki
Old 10-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
That is so much better than I thought you could possibly be this soon after surgery! Yay! Yay! Yay!

I thought you would still be retaining fluid from anesthesia and the assault on your body that is a surgery, etc.

You're doing so well. Good luck losing the next 2.5 pounds! I'll be rooting for this!
Thanks!

I'm sure I was alot heavier last week this time...I have been staying away from junk foods, drinking tons of water, and taking turmeric and bromelain supplements which help with inflammation. I was also suffering from severe nausea after sx pretty much a 48 hour fast gah!!

hugs
Nikki

Last edited by darlingnikki; 10-28-2011 at 09:50 PM..
Old 10-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

duplicate post sorry

Last edited by darlingnikki; 10-28-2011 at 09:50 PM..