Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Sooooo frustruated...

OK, I have no one to blame but myself. But for the last week and a half, just could not honestly have an honest DD. They all inevitably turned into MDs or UDs... I would start the day off well enough, then binge at night. At first it was true hunger, but then it was a tast of this and a tast of that...

So, after pouring through the DD support and DD receipe threads, I finally placed an order on netrition, for gluc powder, oat fiber, and some walden farm jams and pb. And I got the swiss miss diet from walmart last night. Had my first swiss miss diet this morning, OMG! What have I been missing!!!!! It was awesome!!!!

And I found out this morning that I've got to weigh my fruits. What I assumed to be a medium barlet pear, when cut up and weighed, was actually more than 1.5 times!! Doh!!! Pat is right, weigh and weigh and weigh...

I'm hoping the gluc powder (making pudding and gels) will help with the hunger/binging at night...

Kristine

10/15/11 weight: 141
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Oh by the way, I haven't weighed myself. Every month around this time I start retaining water. I don't want to get into a downward spiral caused by the scale... I measured myself instead. up 1/4" in the waist, and same in the hips.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Hang in there. It's all a matter of adjusting to what works for you!
Yes, weighing food can be a real eye opener - sometimes not in the good way.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
You can do this!! And YES, weigh/measure EVERYTHING! I found out I was consuming close to 300 calories alone in HWC before I started to measure it. I was using close to 1/4 cup at a time in my mug of coffee! That was and I have found that 1 tbs does the same thing for flavor, and actually better because I can now taste the coffee!!

Don't worry, get back to basics and ride the tide of your water retention and just keep keepin on!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLatte View Post
OK, I have no one to blame but myself. But for the last week and a half, just could not honestly have an honest DD. They all inevitably turned into MDs or UDs... I would start the day off well enough, then binge at night. At first it was true hunger, but then it was a tast of this and a tast of that...

So, after pouring through the DD support and DD receipe threads, I finally placed an order on netrition, for gluc powder, oat fiber, and some walden farm jams and pb. And I got the swiss miss diet from walmart last night. Had my first swiss miss diet this morning, OMG! What have I been missing!!!!! It was awesome!!!!

And I found out this morning that I've got to weigh my fruits. What I assumed to be a medium barlet pear, when cut up and weighed, was actually more than 1.5 times!! Doh!!! Pat is right, weigh and weigh and weigh...

I'm hoping the gluc powder (making pudding and gels) will help with the hunger/binging at night...
Oh... well... ask me how I know that!

I don't think there is any mistake anyone here makes that I didn't make over and over when I was trying to do this correctly at first either.

I knew WHAT to do. I just couldn't actually do the DOING IT part of the deal. LOL

I'm truly amazed and awed by the folks who start here and do it right from the beginning.

But I will say this. Getting your calories right is about the most important part of making this plan work, because the calorie restriction on DDs, and the overall calorie cycling will do it's part... JUDDD will do its thing... if you adhere to your calorie numbers. And you probably will be off on those numbers if you don't weigh out your foods, measure out your foods, count your calories, adjust quantities up or down as needed to work your menu into your calorie numbers for your days.

But if you do that, it's almost magic, almost always going to make you a slim person. It's just a matter of how long it's going to take your body, but you can look forward to wearing clothing in smaller sizes.

Here's a hint too. Once you've figured up stuff, keep it in a notebook.

Once you've devised a few nice breakfast menus, save them. And lunch menus and supper menus. You've already put in the time doing the figuring. From then on, it's only measuring some foods real quick, like the measuring you do when you follow a recipe, only what you're creating isn't cake, it's a whole new body!

And if you don't have a food scale (or even a postal scale like the electronic one I have) get one. Skip buying almost anything if your budget is tight, but get a good dependable food scale. It is worth its weight in gold when it comes to weighing your foods, which is faster and more dependable than measuring for a lot of things. You'll never regret it!

It's just a few simple tweaks - to you and how you do things - and then you'll be off and running, and you'll never look back until you're slim and lean and strong and happy and proud!

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-27-2011 at 10:30 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Dottie, Linda and Pat, for your kind words and encouragement!!!! You are awesome!!!!!

Yup, back to basics, weigh my food (I do have an elctronic postal scale), and take it one day at a time.

I can do this. I can do this. Dang it, I will do this!!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLatte View Post
Thank you, Dottie, Linda and Pat, for your kind words and encouragement!!!! You are awesome!!!!!

Yup, back to basics, weigh my food (I do have an elctronic postal scale), and take it one day at a time.

I can do this. I can do this. Dang it, I will do this!!!!
If you do this, it will free you for the rest of your life.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Don't forget plenty of liquids! Sometimes that calms my hunger beast.

I could have written your post, except about Up Days. They are a real struggle for me not to undo all the good I did on my DDs.
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote