Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's THURSDAY - what are you eating? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/743127-its-thursday-what-you-eating.html)

sophiethecat 10-26-2011 10:48 PM

It's THURSDAY - what are you eating?

Just getting this thread ready for morning :) Hope everyone is getting a good night's sleep :hugs:

Majella 10-27-2011 01:43 AM

I am on a down day so I am having a meal bar for brekkie with a cup of coffee and I have soup planned for later :-)

LaurieKeren 10-27-2011 04:32 AM

Apparently I starved myself too much on my DD yesterday, and I woke up this morning at 4:00, unable to sleep, thinking about food, lol. So I got up and ate breakfast (well, really, left overs from last nights dinner that I didn't eat)!

So far:

About 1/4 cup of Great Northern Beans
Some weird casserole that I invented last night (about 1/2 cup)
Some pickled beets
Two small slices of bread, toasted, topped with cold butter (mmmm...tasting that butter was soooo good!)

Dottie 10-27-2011 06:09 AM

Had a great DD yesterday, haven't really planned all of today yet.
So far I have a cup of coffee w/coconut milk in it and I have pork chops thawing for supper.
May have hot wings for lunch, that can pack some calories in!

May use this recipe http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...llo-cream.html for supper and sub coconut milk and button mushrooms.

laceymichelle 10-27-2011 06:44 AM

[QUOTE=LaurieKeren;15125456]Apparently I starved myself too much on my DD yesterday, and I woke up this morning at 4:00, unable to sleep, thinking about food, lol. So I got up and ate breakfast (well, really, left overs from last nights dinner

I do this a lot! It's like I gave to have a satisfied belly to sleep

laceymichelle 10-27-2011 06:53 AM

Good morning !!
DD for me. I feel so gross after last nights candy corn binge. I did lose this morning tho????? I couldn't believe it!
For today:
B: coffee 2 tbs hwc
L: 2HB eggs 1 tbs mayo
D: Prob chicken breast. Don't know yet but staying at 600-700 cals

2muchme 10-27-2011 06:58 AM

Coffee/Cinnamon Muffin (thanks Jo) for breakfast. Lunch will be small amount chicken breast and cabbage stirfry. Dinner: Vegetable soup and more chicken. Dessert/snack will be Cinnamon Meringue (thanks to whoever posted that)

Have to say that everyone has been so helpful posting recipes (another thread) or I would probably just stick to hardboiled egg and salad and hunger. I'm feeling much better - much more encouraged, if not more creative.

Come to think of it. If ever out at a restaurant on a DD (obviously unplanned), a hardboiled egg and salad may be something I would order to keep under calories.

emky 10-27-2011 07:39 AM

Up day!

So far I've had: 2 c. of half-caff w/ cream (1g/40cals) and 160 calories worth of turkey.

For the first time in forever, I woke up not feeling very hungry; normally I'm definitely a breakfast person. I have no idea if my appetite is going to pick up later, but I'm assuming it will. If that's the case I'm going to eat some leftover chicken stir-fry for lunch, and possibly some leftover pot roast for dinner. Will probably make a SF dessert muffin as a treat.

Dottie 10-27-2011 08:15 AM

For lunch I'm going to roast some chicken wings (so I can control the salt) and make a nice garlic butter to dip them in.

sophiethecat 10-27-2011 08:26 AM

UD for me, but I went over last night on my DD by about 275 calories (pre-TOM and ravenous!) so I'm going to carry those calories over today and eat a little less. I'm planning to start PirateJenny's modified schedule of JUDDD and see how it goes, but decided to wait til tomorrow.

B - black coffee and Pure Protein bar (I started eating these on LC and still like them for a meal replacement. They aren't too sweet. 180 calories.)

Total for the day so far: 455 calories.

Sissiesue 10-27-2011 09:23 AM

UD today (and my DD yesterday was very successful -- 525 calories).

B: Egg cream
L: Chicken, salsa, cream cheese "soup" with jalapenos
S: Ditto above
D: ????
S: Coffee ice cream

I'll have around 1900 calories today.

synger 10-27-2011 09:35 AM

DD for me today.

B: coffee
L: Salad w/cabbage. 1T full-fat dressing. 10 green olives. 1 pickled egg. Miso in homemade chicken broth. About 300 calories

D: whatever DH makes. Last DD he made this amazing mahi-mahi -- sauteed in a bit of coconut oil, spiced with Singapore curry and a dollop of Dragon sauce. YUM! I'm hoping tonight for a turkey burger or 2 Steak-umms with onions and peppers. Those are on the "approved" list I gave him for DD dinners. It's hard sometimes to control my calories when he's the one cooking.

avecrain 10-27-2011 09:40 AM

DD

B: Green tea w/tbsp h&h (22)
L: 2 97% FF Hebrew National hot dogs, 1 slice whole wheat bread, 1 tsp mustard, 1/2 a tomato, 1 c. broccoli (220)
S: (after 2 hour walk, I don't count these calories into my total) 1 stalk celery, 1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese, 1 hard boiled egg
D: 2 c spinach, 1 large carrot, 1/2 yellow pepper, can tuna, 1 tsp mustard, 2 tbsp FF italian dressing (244)

Total without snack: 484 (DD target 499)

betty301 10-27-2011 10:04 AM

DD here.

I'm making the most yummiest smelling soup.

I'll have to post the recipe!! I plan on eating it all day. Maybe throw in some light protein and rice cakes. full day of eating later!

SoHappy 10-27-2011 10:25 AM

As is usual for my UDs, this morning I am having little appetite. So far it's 3 mugs of coffee with half & half, and egg over easy, and a slice or caraway rye bread with melty butter on it.

So much work in the gardens outside today, so haven't even planned what to fix for the other meals.

Low Carb Librarian 10-27-2011 11:02 AM

UD and I woke up in the 150's this morning!

Making some oatmeal for breakfast... Haven't had that in a long time!

sophiethecat 10-27-2011 11:13 AM

Having a bowl of Kashi Crunch & Quaker OH's cereal mixed (I often mix my cereals, lol) with whole milk. Up to 811 calories.

RileyWorm 10-27-2011 11:20 AM

dd today.
hardboiled egg, 4 slices salami = 240 cals.
h/h in my coffee =40 cals.
so far 280.
i think before class i will try oatmeal. yum!

addict1000 10-27-2011 11:20 AM

DD today

Soup and hotdog
carbmaster yogurt
had coffee with my cream mix this morning.

betty301 10-27-2011 11:25 AM

That's fantastic LCL!!!! :jumpjoy:

I'm looking forward to waking in the 170s soon!! It's been way.too.LONG!!

sophiethecat 10-27-2011 11:26 AM

Add half a serving of Andy Capp's Hot Fries to my list! :jumpjoy:

870 total calories so far.

kimmarie 10-27-2011 11:28 AM

DD for me and going away for the weekend after working half a day. I was going to fast until dinner, but decided to have 2 packages of zero calories shiritaki noodles, rinsed and microwaved, topped with 4 tablespoons of artichoke/caper tapenade. Total of 20 calories.

For dinner I will have a caesar salad with chicken and FF caesar dressing I am going to sneak into the restaurant. No croutons.

E.W. 10-27-2011 11:33 AM

Vegetable soup. I started to make a small pot of soup and tossed a couple of extra
things in so now I have a big pot of soup. I might just end up freezing most of it.

juddinminime 10-27-2011 12:40 PM

UD for me today.

Yesterday I had chicken noodle soup for my DD and blk coffee.
Dinner was 1c.salad.

Today so far I have had 1c. red mashed potatoes, and a sliver of meat loaf from last nights dinner.

darlingnikki 10-27-2011 01:03 PM

DD
B-yogurt and coffee with almond milk
L-shiritaki spinach chicken soup with raw veggies
D-basa and spinach salad w cucumber and WF blue cheese dressing
S-yogurt and peppermint tea
total 304 calories 44 left over to snack with goal 348

sophiethecat 10-27-2011 04:16 PM

Back to add...

.... a ham sandwich on Nickell's lite bread with a little mayo, mustard, slice of provolone, lettuce, tomato.... dill pickle spear.... a few more hot fries....

... then a while ago DH was making himself a pancake so I made one, but then realized I didn't want it all, so I just ate half of it with a little butter and sugar free syrup - gave him the rest.

Oh, had a glass of merlot earlier too.

Up to 1,395 calories. That includes the calories I overate last night on my DD :)

SoHappy 10-27-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 15126571)

Major big WOO HOO!!! :kicking::kicking::kicking:

betty301 10-27-2011 05:07 PM

so here is how my day went:

130pm- veggie soup(2 big servings)

415 pm- another big serving of veggie soup

615pm- 4 oz steak:yummy:
alotta asparagus

8pm- greek yogurt

cals estimated to be 680..not quite sure about the steak..still how many calories could 4 oz of steak have??:dunno:
And you don't know how hard I wanted to just keep eating the steak..

There is always tomorrow!!! And I can have it with the PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE I am going to make!!!:jumpjoy:

Joedi 10-27-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 15126571)

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Thats fab...its great to go into a new number group!

Enjoy your oatmeal...I am loving mine in this cold weather!

hugs
Jo
x

Joedi 10-27-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2muchme (Post 15125745)
Coffee/Cinnamon Muffin (thanks Jo) for breakfast. Lunch will be small amount chicken breast and cabbage stirfry. Dinner: Vegetable soup and more chicken. Dessert/snack will be Cinnamon Meringue (thanks to whoever posted that)

Have to say that everyone has been so helpful posting recipes (another thread) or I would probably just stick to hardboiled egg and salad and hunger. I'm feeling much better - much more encouraged, if not more creative.

Come to think of it. If ever out at a restaurant on a DD (obviously unplanned), a hardboiled egg and salad may be something I would order to keep under calories.

Your welcome! I have one every DD (I do vary the flavours!) Today was coffee/cinnamon..(with a bajabobs 0 cal mudslide mix added in...v.nice!)

I make the muffin in mini silicone muffin cases...I get 9 mini muffins from one mix! :jumpjoy:

I have one with my cuppas during the day...sometimes i warm one in the micro, and have it with a little gluc pudding...its like a mini dessert!

hope you enjoyed yours!
hugs
Jo
x