Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
First DD disaster...

So, I was retaining before TOM. Since I'm always late, I didn't realize it was TOM and just thought I was gaining on LC. I'd also been extremely ravenous so I wasn't satisfied w/LC any more. I wanted to go "off" all the time.

I decided to jump onto JUDDD and just give it a go. Uhm. Ya. Not knowing TOM was here...I did a DD while having my first terrible day of TOM...so...

I lost it at work! I was PMSing something nasty and was just letting ppl know what I think...NOT good...got a "that's not professional" from another manager. Not my own - but the manager who drives me crazy. Needless to say, I am usually composed and professional at work. So I was very shaky - partly the emotional side of the day but maybe the lack of calories. I didn't have food at work and couldn't leave for a break, so I didn't have a choice but to stick it out.

It's now 7pm and I've only had 380 calories so I might as well forge ahead. I have training tomm and then I'm off for 3 days. Maybe I'll have adjusted to the new WOE before I go back!!

(PS: I'm not blaming JUDDD for what happened at work, I'm not happy there and these issues have been brewing, I just didn't want to blow my top like that! I planned to leave quietly - stage left!)

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_gal View Post
So, I was retaining before TOM. Since I'm always late, I didn't realize it was TOM and just thought I was gaining on LC. I'd also been extremely ravenous so I wasn't satisfied w/LC any more. I wanted to go "off" all the time.

I decided to jump onto JUDDD and just give it a go. Uhm. Ya. Not knowing TOM was here...I did a DD while having my first terrible day of TOM...so...

I lost it at work! I was PMSing something nasty and was just letting ppl know what I think...NOT good...got a "that's not professional" from another manager. Not my own - but the manager who drives me crazy. Needless to say, I am usually composed and professional at work. So I was very shaky - partly the emotional side of the day but maybe the lack of calories. I didn't have food at work and couldn't leave for a break, so I didn't have a choice but to stick it out.

It's now 7pm and I've only had 380 calories so I might as well forge ahead. I have training tomm and then I'm off for 3 days. Maybe I'll have adjusted to the new WOE before I go back!!

(PS: I'm not blaming JUDDD for what happened at work, I'm not happy there and these issues have been brewing, I just didn't want to blow my top like that! I planned to leave quietly - stage left!)
No harm, no foul! Sorry you had such a terrible day and I want to suggest you make tomorrow an UD and then start the next day as a DD and your second day on JUDDD. With the 3 days off it will give you time to "adjust" and give your body a chance to figure out what is going on.

Hang in there, and just start again tomorrow!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I think Linda's suggestion is a good one also. Do today as a good Up Day, enjoy your full quota of calories today with good eats, and then by tomorrow, hopefully you'll be better settled into TOM, well fueled with today's UD calories, and ready to do a good DD, a successful DD.

This will all get you off to a good JUDDD start, and well on the way to nice weight loss. Hope today at work is better, and that an UD on JUDDD helps that along.

Hang in there. It will all come together, and you'll feel better than you have in a long time!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks beeb and Sohappy for your feedback. I notice you two take the time to reply to everyone and really seem to genuinely want to help ppl! It's refreshing and what makes this site successful and positive

I had a great UD today.

I realized today tho that part of yesterday's problem was probably the low carb! I've been moderate carb the whole journey...and yesterday I only had 3 carbs! It was probably too much of a shock to do vlc AND low calorie. D'oh!

I think I'll get some egg beaters and other fixings for more real food for tomm.

Onward and upwards...tally...oh wait...onward and downward is more appropriate here, heehee.

Thanks for the support
Old 10-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I really think you are going to do well with this. It just takes a little getting *into* it, but once you've learned a few tricks of the trade, it's easy peasy, and.. it works. You're going to LOVE it!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_gal View Post
Thanks beeb and Sohappy for your feedback. I notice you two take the time to reply to everyone and really seem to genuinely want to help ppl! It's refreshing and what makes this site successful and positive

I had a great UD today.

I realized today tho that part of yesterday's problem was probably the low carb! I've been moderate carb the whole journey...and yesterday I only had 3 carbs! It was probably too much of a shock to do vlc AND low calorie. D'oh!

I think I'll get some egg beaters and other fixings for more real food for tomm.

Onward and upwards...tally...oh wait...onward and downward is more appropriate here, heehee.

Thanks for the support
Now you're cookin with gas!!! I, too KNOW you are going to JUDDD and it seems you already understand that planning is always a good thing for our DDs, and that carbs are really OK like you had been doing them!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Almost 5pm here and doing great today. I was on the road all day so I had to have shakes again. But this time I put it in the blender with tons of ice and it ended up being 4 cups of creamy milkshake goodness I'm only at 280 calories right now so not sure what I am going to do for dinner...going to look at the DD thread and see what I can do with the last 220 calories, LOL. I know I have some shrimp in the freezer and it's low cal!

Thanks for the warm welcome.