Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Just How Obsessed Are You With Your Woe?

Tbh, I am pretty obsessed!
For so long with getting to goal... Now with staying there.
A good part Of my day is spent planning what I will eat, devising low cal DD recipes, and of course, chatting on here.
My woe is more like a hobby, really!
I am pretty obsessive by nature, lol... and when I was overweight, I spent a lot of time obsessing over that!
I know my dh thinks I am far to focused on diet & weight.
I am hoping one day it will become second nature, and perhaps not need so much time and attention.... but if it never does... well I think it is not a bad hobby to have.... Keeping slim and healthy
How big a part does YOUR woe play in your life? Do you ever think it is too much, or does your SO?

Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sissiesue
Stats: 173/129/129
Start Date: September 27, 2010
Let's just say I am very, very interested .

I love to think about food, no matter what WOE I'm following. New recipes, new tweaks -- I love it all! (Which is why my apartment is awash in cookbooks!)
Sissiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
I have to be very mindful of my obsession. A few months ago I got a wake up call from hubby as I was letting my diet/exercise program take precedence over our going out and doing things together.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
When I'm learning a new woe, I'm obsessed with it at least at first - reading all I can about it.

I think I'm just obsessed with this forum now
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I get obsessed in the beginning with any new WOE but once I have the it figured out I pretty much just go by what I know I can eat on my DDs and what I like to eat on my UDs. I try to get as much "bang" for my calories so I do get excited about trying a new recipe or finding ones I can tweak, but with JUDDD food is not the main thing I think about anymore, it's actually taken the focus off of food for once in my life.

My DBF commented on this today, how wonderful that I'm not so about what to eat or not eat and how it's so much more fun now to go out to eat, because I always manage to figure out resturants/food places that we can eat out in even on DDs. PLUS, he loves the freedom now of being able to go ANYWHERE on an UD!!

Now, LCFs............THIS IS AN OBSESSION!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Double post, sorry!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
How obsessed? Ummmm....very? As in, super-uber-ultra obsessed with a super-sized side of OCD. Really. I'm pretty into it. Lol.

I am constantly reading the boards and checking on new posts. If I'm not here checking up on everyone, then I'm likely on *** calculating my DD and UD foods and numbers. It's so easy since I can keep up on my phone and I always have my phone with me.

I don't mind the obsessiveness, though. Historically, I've done best at losing weight when it IS my focus and i'm kinda crazy about it. It's all good.

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bosco0633
WOE: atkins induction
my weight is the most obsessive thing in my life. I let it consume my thoughts most hours of the day. I have tried almost every diet out there. I was in great shape with weight watchers for years, then a change at work, crazy hours, party animals etc got me back up high.

LC Atkins became the rage, 5 months 30 lbs. But I could stay at that WOE forever, it eventually got to me.

went back to weight watchers, however, no discipline, too many options always felt hungry. I just couldn't get into the groove.

Then JUDDD, yet to be determined, but so far I really like it and hope to stick with it.

I am a weight loss junkie, I am that guy, that one people are afraid to ask how I lost weight.
bosco0633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I wouldn't say I'm obsessed but more curious. I love knowing how stuff works.

I try to make small changes and stick to it for a couple weeks to see how it worked. And make tweaks along the way so I can be sure what it was that worked or didn't.

We're like walking science experiments!
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:00 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
We're like walking science experiments!
For sure! And heck yeah I'm obsessed. Worrying about weight and thinking about what I'm going to eat are great procrastination tools. I'm a slave to dreaming about the future while struggling in the present.
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:46 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Glad I am not the only one!
Mommie22boys...we could be twins.....you practically described me in in your post!

I want to get where beeb is... Relaxed in her woe, so not thinking about it constantly!

Like jeaniem, my dh has noticed my obsessive eating behaviour in the past, and whenever I try a new woe, he worries for me.

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:43 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I am combining Fast5 ( eating in a condinced eating window) and JUDDD. Combining
them has given me a lot of freedom. I have been going to all you can eat places
for lunch for 75% of my UD calories then something else a couple of hours later so
I realy don't do any meal planning. A couple of times things have happened and it
was realy inconvient to do a DD so I didn't even try to do a medium day I just did 2 UD's
in a row. It wasn't the end of the world I just didn't lose any weight that week but
I didn't gain any weight either well maby a pound of water weight that's gone after the next DD. If any thing this has given me a sense of freedom knowing that a slight departure from my meal plan isn't the end of the world.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:45 AM   #13
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
right now 100% obsessed since I'm learning the ropes lol
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 142/119.6/115
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 2014
I tend to have an obsessive personality. That being said when I choose one new thing to obsess over I really obsess over it. My weight has always been there. I will obsess over it for months at a time. I am really glad to be under 120 and cant wait to be under 115. Then hopefully I will just eat right and watch my weight so that what I am eating and how much I am eating is not so much of an issue. BUT I wonder if thats possible now. I am getting older and it seems when I decide to just eat what I want the scale is not nice to me. I can do it for a day or so just eat whatever and I plan to on Thanksgiving. I dont want to be sad over the holiday and miss enjoying food with the family just becasue I am weary of the scale. I think I got a little off topic here lol.

Teresa
Idreamofweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Count me in here. But I have to be, if I don't log my food or weigh then it means I have fallen into old patterns and given up on myself (again).

If I read, connect, learn, log then I stay on plan and do better.

I do get sort of tired having to think about eating or not eating every day, but it is just part of my life now.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lcklass
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
When I'm learning a new woe, I'm obsessed with it at least at first - reading all I can about it.

I think I'm just obsessed with this forum now
True for me too!

I hate that I think about food all the time - but have come to accept that when I don't think about it, that is when I gain weight. And I don't want that anymore!!!!

I do hope I can get to a place with JUDD that it really isn't so overwhelming - I'll have an idea of what are good DD meals that keep me at my calorie range, and the same for UD meals.

````````````
Bonnie
lcklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LaurieKeren
Stats: 198.6/191.4/120
WOE: moderate low carb; healthy food choices
Start Date: 05/27/2014 (this time, haha)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
For sure! And heck yeah I'm obsessed. Worrying about weight and thinking about what I'm going to eat are great procrastination tools. I'm a slave to dreaming about the future while struggling in the present.
Wow. You just described me.

Additionally, I would add that when I'm not obsessed about a WOE (i.e. eating whatever I want, whenever I want), eating becomes a great procrastination tool. I should do laundry...hm...first I'll eat...while reading at the computer...then I'll do laundry...if I have time...
LaurieKeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Right now, I have no peripheral vision........just JUDD!

Still learning, experimenting and devising!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcklass View Post
I do hope I can get to a place with JUDD that it really isn't so overwhelming - I'll have an idea of what are good DD meals that keep me at my calorie range, and the same for UD meals.
You DEFINITELY will get there, and a lot sooner than you think!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #20
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I think one of the drives behind a possible obsession about JUDDD is that it works so well!

People here are reporting weight losses right and left! Every morning we are congratulating more and more Losers! All while reading about the fabulous meals they are enjoying on their Up Days, the parties, the evenings out, the trips to the zoo and fun zoo foods, the wine and snacks, etc. etc. etc. What's not to obsess about?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Well I am not on JUDDD (Don't even know what it is, honestly) but I am a low-carber. And yes, I am obsessed.

I think the reason (for me) is that it is necessary to learn the ins and outs of what works for my lifestyle, my body, and my family, to memorize different carbs in different foods so I don't have to constantly refer to the internet or my iphone, and to develop a collection of yummy recipes which meet the needs of a low-carb lifestyle AND satisfy my family.

-- Because the goal is to make it a permanent lifestyle change, right? Since this is the case, then I need to totally immerse myrself in low-carb ideas and the culture of this WOE until it becomes second nature. It's like learning Chinese by moving to China.

I think if I successfully manage to transition to maintenance, and then successfully maintain for a good long while, only then will I be able to lighten up a bit and stop obsessing. But that won't be for a few years. So, if obsession is what works, and produces the desired outcome, then I will obsess as much as it takes.

nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
Well I am not on JUDDD (Don't even know what it is, honestly) but I am a low-carber. And yes, I am obsessed.

I think the reason (for me) is that it is necessary to learn the ins and outs of what works for my lifestyle, my body, and my family, to memorize different carbs in different foods so I don't have to constantly refer to the internet or my iphone, and to develop a collection of yummy recipes which meet the needs of a low-carb lifestyle AND satisfy my family.

-- Because the goal is to make it a permanent lifestyle change, right? Since this is the case, then I need to totally immerse myrself in low-carb ideas and the culture of this WOE until it becomes second nature. It's like learning Chinese by moving to China.

I think if I successfully manage to transition to maintenance, and then successfully maintain for a good long while, only then will I be able to lighten up a bit and stop obsessing. But that won't be for a few years. So, if obsession is what works, and produces the desired outcome, then I will obsess as much as it takes.
Well put, Nikki!

When I was doing LC, after a while I was able to stop tracking everything in ****** - I just already knew the carb count in things. You get a good idea of what foods contain and become familiar with the same foods you enjoy and "can turn to" on your woe.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Bump.
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Ha! Thanks Carolina for another great thread. To answer this "old" question, I am a little obsessed. I don't think I'm *as* obsessed as the *most* obsessed person on here, whoever that may be (own it!), but I am pretty keen on JUDDD. Thank god, my bf doesn't seem to mind me talking about it, and is genuinely pleased for me. I am fortunate that way.

I decided quite some time ago (over 10 years ago) to stop obsessing about diet and exercise and just live and enjoy. Well that led to being over 200 lbs., so I think a little obsession is kinda healthy.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #25
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Well, I've done this for so long that I'm not obsessed by it, it just something that "is"...if that makes any since? It's just how I eat more than 90% of the time. You know?
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #26
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Focused - not obsessed
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
Focused - not obsessed
vickismc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Well, I definitely think about it every day. And plan like crazy. And weigh every day. And spend time on here talking about it. Obsessed - maybe so. But you know what? I really think success, especially over a long time period may be somewhat dependent upon having a little bit of obsession. I'm okay with that.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Not obsessed. I'm definitely determined to get to goal, but I don't spend a lot of time thinking about what I'm going to eat, or how I'm going to eat, unless I'm going to a new restaurant.

Nor do I spend a ton of time obsessing over my current or goal weight. I weigh daily, measure monthly, post here on LCF, and don't eat off plan, that's it.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:51 AM   #30
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Well, I definitely think about it every day. And plan like crazy. And weigh every day. And spend time on here talking about it. Obsessed - maybe so. But you know what? I really think success, especially over a long time period may be somewhat dependent upon having a little bit of obsession. I'm okay with that.
Planning like crazy is good!

I do that! But maybe that doesn't = obsessed? I loved Pami's word...focused!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote