Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 04:52 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Reasonably obsessed i guess, i like to plan my weekly menu ahead of time and do that in a certain logging app. I also record my daily kcals and weekly weight in a spreadsheet, i also log my daily steps in a spreadsheet - can you tell i like spreadsheets
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #32
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Ahhhhhhh sppppprrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaadddddssssshhhheeeets.. .

ok maybe I'm just on a river named denial and I AM obsessed!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2013
Obsesses somehow has a negative sound to it - focused sounds better.

I always enjoy food, recipes, cooking, baking, eating, feeding others, etc. Add to that a food plan for better health that does not make me feel deprived in any of those enjoyment areas - and I'm glad to focus or obsess over it!

I'm "hooked" on JUDDD!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I definitely fall into the "obsessed" category. Throughout the bulk of WLM for me, I made sure to never go over my calories, UD or DD. I have the mother of all spreadsheets where I track my daily weight, calories, exercise calories burned, daily gains and losses, as well as weekly trends like my average weight for the week, loss based on the average, loss from Monday to Sunday, any gains, weekly deficit, notes.

When I went into maintenance in January, I really focused on letting go of some of that obsessive behavior. I allowed some free days here and there, I allow myself to go over on calories sometimes. I'm trying to listen to my body more now, instead of trying to force it to give me "results."

Now that I'm back in WLM, I'm trying to find some balance. My obsession/compulsive behavior served me well to lose as much as I have, but I don't want to live my life that way forevermore. I know I will always need to track my calories, and I will always need the accountability of the scale, but I'm trying to be okay with estimating calories here and there and just living my life with a little more freedom than I've allowed myself for the last year and a half.

It helps greatly that I'm happy with my weight and am now more focused on just improving my physique. If I never lose the next 10 pounds, I'm okay with that, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to lose them. I'm allowing 600 calories on DDs (35% for me), but haven't used over 350 in the last week. I just haven't needed them, but if I do, they are there, and that's a comfort.

Obsessed? Focused? Somewhere in between?

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote