Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #181
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Hi Sophie!
I'm glad you're back. I was feeling so all alone...lol!
MUDDDing works great with consecutive days of going out/visiting friends/holidays feasts!
I'm here and thinking more on it, I'm sure I'll be muddding my way through the rest of the year at least

I do love the flexibility of MUDDD, and how it can be further adapted as needed on a day by day basis using different kinds of fasting (such as skipping a meal or two or three to change the schedule)...
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #182
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
PJ and Sophie--plz keep posting your results--I am intrigued w/this plan, as I have just found this thread today!!
My head is spinning from reading all the "math," but, I will keep checking in and possibly try MUDDDing for a bit. I would think it might work better for me; we ALWAYS have some social event that includes eating come up unexpectedly.
OKAY--so my DD cals are 500 and my UD cals are 1700. So my question is: if I start my "day" at 3 PM on Mon, do I eat 500 cals from 3 PM Mon til 3 PM Tues, and then consume 1700 cals from 3 PM Tues til 3 PM Wed? Is that how it works? I'm SOOO sorry I'm confused--I'm sure you already answered this question in some other form on this thread, but I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. Thanks!!
Hi Pjsam, my head did more than a few spins at first too, but PJenny answered everything right away and helped me get it all straightened out fast Sounds like you're getting it! Let us know how it works out for you. I'll be sure to update too.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:08 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Sophie--thanks for the info and encouragement! I was going to do some research re: the anti-inflammatory properties of the orig JUDDD plan as opposed to MUDDD, as well. For me, I need to make sure that I get those benefits too.
However, if I keep trying to do the orig JUDDD and keep failing, then I suppose losing weight by MUDDDing is better.
Thanks to you and PJ for being willing to try this experiment so others can benefit.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:21 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

OH! and thanks, PJ for the answer and explanation to my question!!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessreadytolose
Stats: 168/162/135
WOE: Gluten Free/Clean eating
Start Date: JUDDD 1/2/13
PirateJenny, I so appreciate your MUDDD idea, I have tried unsuccessfully to do the low calorie DD's on regular JUDDD with little success, I am just too hungry. I have been very successful using your MUDDD program, lost 9 lbs. since November 1st, without suffering from hunger. Please keep posting!!
jessreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I am most definitely going to try MUDDDing during my 2 week vacation after the New Year. I don't want all my efforts so far to be thrown to the wind, but I know I won't be able to stick to the regular JUDDD regimen, so this sounds like something that I'm gonna be able to stick with much better during that time.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
I love this thread! Thank you to all who have contributed. Fantastic info and options here.
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<276/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
pjsam--You are welcome!!!!

jess-Way to go!!!!!!!! 9lbs in a month is awesome--especially through Thanksgiving, and when your weight loss goal was 28lbs to begin with!!!

vilateira--have a great vacation! I hope MUDDDing helps you out!

Thanks sophie and mttemple and everybody for checking in; I thought this thread had died!
piratejenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessreadytolose View Post
PirateJenny, I so appreciate your MUDDD idea, I have tried unsuccessfully to do the low calorie DD's on regular JUDDD with little success, I am just too hungry. I have been very successful using your MUDDD program, lost 9 lbs. since November 1st, without suffering from hunger. Please keep posting!!
Jess--GREAT JOB! And thanks for sharing--I want to try MUDDDing, at least for a while for weight loss because, unlike others, I am too hungry on UP days!! I appreciate everyone posting their successes
Old 11-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #190
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm just mixing things all up with all manner of fasting plans to accommodate events and whatnot, and will probably continue this way at least through the New Year.

So here's what things have looked like so far this week. It's sort of confusing, but I thought I might get this down to have a record of it.

Sun. I fasted until early evening and then ate like a FD because of a Tgiving dinner.
Mon. I had a big lunch and didn't eat much more until evening. Then I had about 1,000 calories.
Tues. I fasted until about 2 p.m. and then stopped eating about 7 p.m. (and got in pretty much all of what would be considered my UD calories, though I remembered I was doing FD so it didn't matter).
Wed. Today I fasted til 2 p.m. and may stop eating again by 7 p.m. though I'm not counting calories. I have a sports banquet to attend at 6, so I wanted to be able to eat freely there.

The last two days look like Fast Five eating. It's just how it's worked out for me since I started using whatever type of fasting works for me on a day to day basis.

After today, I will probably go back to the regular MUDDD rotation and end my FD tomorrow around 3 and go to DD until 3 p.m. on Friday and so on.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 11-30-2011 at 12:17 PM..
Old 11-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh and for anyone interested, the F5 website indicates a minimum of 19 hours fasting to still get the health benefits of fasting.

My own experiences on DD, I notice that feeling I associate with lowered inflammation after a minimim 12 - 13 hours, but especially 15 - 16 hours. Just for what it's worth. It's not scientific, just going by how I feel adn what I think is inflammation lowering = sinuses clearing up, head clearing up, a pleasant alertness, good body sensation, skin glowing, etc.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
I just finished reading this entire thread and have to say that I find it very interesting. I'm only in my 3rd week of JUDDD but admire all of you for finding the flexibility you need and making it work for you!!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the info, Sophie. It's very helpful. I have been researching this like crazy, and personal experiences help the most.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks for all the info, Sophie. It's very helpful. I have been researching this like crazy, and personal experiences help the most.
Please feel free to post any information you find here, PJ! I'd be very interested.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Well, I did find several different kinds of calorie restriction/alternate fasting, etc:

There are four main ways that I have read about:
1) Leangains style - fast for 16 hours - eat for 8 hours.
2) Fast 5 style - fast for 19 hours - eat for 5 hours. (some people use 20 hrs/4 hrs. or 22 hrs/2 hrs.
3) Eat stop Eat - fast for 24 hours 2-3 times a week.
4) Warrior diet - eat one big meal a day.

I read TONS on all of these--but none seemed to compare to JUDDD for weight loss. Some talked about the health benefits, which seemed to be similar, but I couldn't find any info that compared with the number of people and the amount of weight loss that I have witnessed here.

I am very apprehensive to try something else right now--because I have only lost 7 lbs. on JUDDD in the last month, because a few weeks I wasn't doing what I needed to. So, I want to give JUDDD more of a chance, especially since I have about 30 more lbs. to go.

However, I think some of the above plans might be very good for maintenance for some people--but only the first 2 talked about the same health benefits of JUDDDing.

Keep us posted!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Well, I did find several different kinds of calorie restriction/alternate fasting, etc:

There are four main ways that I have read about:
1) Leangains style - fast for 16 hours - eat for 8 hours.
2) Fast 5 style - fast for 19 hours - eat for 5 hours. (some people use 20 hrs/4 hrs. or 22 hrs/2 hrs.
3) Eat stop Eat - fast for 24 hours 2-3 times a week.
4) Warrior diet - eat one big meal a day.

I read TONS on all of these--but none seemed to compare to JUDDD for weight loss. Some talked about the health benefits, which seemed to be similar, but I couldn't find any info that compared with the number of people and the amount of weight loss that I have witnessed here.

I am very apprehensive to try something else right now--because I have only lost 7 lbs. on JUDDD in the last month, because a few weeks I wasn't doing what I needed to. So, I want to give JUDDD more of a chance, especially since I have about 30 more lbs. to go.

However, I think some of the above plans might be very good for maintenance for some people--but only the first 2 talked about the same health benefits of JUDDDing.

Keep us posted!
JUDDD (regular method) is definitely worth it while losing to get used to regular periods of "fasting" and learning how you respond to fasting and different calorie levels, and you have all the support you could possible ask for here

Thanks for the info on the other IF methods, PJ
Old 11-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sophie! Thanks for the shout-out in your siggy!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #198
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Sophie! Thanks for the shout-out in your siggy!!!
YW!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #199
Blabbermouth!!!

I stopped eating/drinking around 12 - 1 a.m. this morning, and almost fasted until 6 p.m. Over the day, I had black coffee, 20 calories of broth, and about 100 calories in the form of downed vco.

I had to have something because I was starting to get a headache by 3 p.m. After having the broth, I felt fine. The oil was because, as I said before, I want to start having the quality fats more for health and to see if my skin stops feeling so dry.

Again, during the window of 14 - 15 hours, I started feeling real good. It was that feeling I associate with lowered inflammation - I could breathe easily, deeply, felt like my sinus passages were clear. My mind felt clear. My mood was pleasant, and I felt "pleasantly alert" as I often mention. A feeling of calm awareness. My body sensation was good.

Even though I ate at 6 p.m. (after about 17 - 18 hours almost fasting) I was feeling so good I almost didn't want to eat, but there was no real reason not to... obviously I'd had the benefits of the fasting/near fasting period and I wanted to eat, so I decided to have some fried potatoes and fried eggs.

Now I will probably stay on UD/FD eating until tomorrow afternoon/evening.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #200
Blabbermouth!!!

So far about a week with the MUDDDg (and sometimes mixing up different kinds of fasting), and I'm still maintaining nicely at goal weight.

Lately I've been switching over around 5 - 7 p.m. This has worked out well for me. The DD portion of the day is barely a thought and no struggle whatsoever. I don't usually eat b'fast anyway, so I just have a good sized lunch, which may be the entire 500 - 700 calories, and then I'm good until evening when I switch back to UD eating.

Next day, at the end of the UD eating when I switch back, I'm already nice and full from the UD dinner to last me until the next day.

So far this is going great, though I will continue to switch things around as I need to accommodate the holidays and just everyday life.

Oh, and my UDs are FDs, where I don't count calories.

I think I'm eating in a way that's better for my blood sugar now too, in that I'm not grazing so much or trying to fit in all the needed calories one day before I go to bed... because I know I can eat some on an UD evening and then I'll have all the next day to eat too. So I'm eating more regular meals and staying full for hours afterward. I think this is working well for me too, it's just how it's naturally happening.

There is one strange thing going on that I've noticed for probably a couple weeks and has nothing to do with the new eating schedule. It's that not only can I feel inflammation lowering, but I can now feel inflammation HAPPENING too. It happens after I have a meal. I don't know if it makes a difference in how many carbs are in the meal, or if it's a big meal or what. All I know is that often within an hour of eating a big meal, I will start getting this uncomfortable feeling that's almost impossible to describe, but I'll try. It's like a stuffiness along with some weird "tingling" that seems to go in a line up the front of my body... from belly through head. Weird, I know. It's not pain, it's more like how your sinuses would feel if you were having an allergy problem, yet I feel it in my abdomen and up, not JUST in my head... It goes away in a few hours, I guess. It's not a horrible pain type of thing, it's an uncomfortable little aggravation type thing. I told you it was impossible to describe, lol. But my instinct is that it's some kind of inflammation.

I just know I feel a lot better during the fasting part of my days, although I do like to eat too I just had a big meal with French toast, hash browns, eggs & bacon, finished it about 12:30, so I'll see if I get that feeling again.

Also adding - I think I'll start a new thread about this.

Here it is: I can feel inflammation go down.. but unfortunately, also UP

Last edited by sophiethecat; 12-04-2011 at 10:37 AM..
Old 12-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
So far about a week with the MUDDDg (and sometimes mixing up different kinds of fasting), and I'm still maintaining nicely at goal weight.

So far this is going great, though I will continue to switch things around as I need to accommodate the holidays and just everyday life.

I think I'm eating in a way that's better for my blood sugar now too, in that I'm not grazing so much or trying to fit in all the needed calories one day before I go to bed... because I know I can eat some on an UD evening and then I'll have all the next day to eat too.
So glad this is working out for you!!!

Re: the comment I put in bold:
I think that is/could be a great advantage of MUDDDing for those people who say they have a hard time getting in their UD calories.
I still have a lot of UD calories (b/c I still weigh so much!), and I definitely feel better having dinner, going to sleep, then having breakfast and lunch (or just brunch)the next day, rather than eating all those calories in a shorter time period.

Lot of interesting points, but I gotta run out for errands soon. Thanks for the update!
New lows, 2014:
8/1 274.6
Old 12-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Sophie, have to say that I'm very intrigued by your schedule, but if you knew me you'd understand why I would have a difficult time incorporating it.

Jeez, I have problems with transposing letters when I type, and getting my shopping lists straight. I can only laugh at the prospect of me interchanging my meals like that, although I think it's a banner winner.

Even with your clear explanation, it's something I will have to re-read. With all of its simplicity, I tend to make some things rather difficult at times.

Oh well, such is the nature of the human condition.

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post

Lately I've been switching over around 5 - 7 p.m. This has worked out well for me. The DD portion of the day is barely a thought and no struggle whatsoever. I don't usually eat b'fast anyway, so I just have a good sized lunch, which may be the entire 500 - 700 calories, and then I'm good until evening when I switch back to UD eating.

Next day, at the end of the UD eating when I switch back, I'm already nice and full from the UD dinner to last me until the next day.

Sophie--thanks for keeping us posted. I really want to try this when I'm closer to maintaining. All of your experiences are very helpful.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessreadytolose
Stats: 168/162/135
WOE: Gluten Free/Clean eating
Start Date: JUDDD 1/2/13
Would anyone be interested in a daily Mudder's check-in thread, similar to the what are you eating thread? I check the JUDDD site daily but don't dare to post because I am not following JUDDD exactly, but more Piratejenny's MUDDD, anyone interested in starting a new support thread?
jessreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #205
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Would anyone be interested in a daily Mudder's check-in thread, similar to the what are you eating thread? I check the JUDDD site daily but don't dare to post because I am not following JUDDD exactly, but more Piratejenny's MUDDD, anyone interested in starting a new support thread?
Maybe post this on PJenny's thread about MUDDD, but not start it's own thread because, as you say, it's not JUDDD exactly and this forum is about the JUDDD WOE. I also would hate to see newbies coming in and confusing the 2 WOE and not getting any benefits from either.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I just want to see if I have this right..

so today is my DD of 500 cals. If I did MUDDD, then last night would have been a DD dinner with the remainder of my cals today stopping at 3pm or so.

And then an UD dinner, or cals spread through the evening starting at 5ish of let's say 800. And then TOMORROW I'd have the remainder of the 800 cals to last til 3 or so..and then half of my DD cals, etc???

betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

and I think MUDDD would be good cause I am one of those that has a hard time getting in my UD cals!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Betty--see my post #174 where I ask basically the same question, and PJ's answer in post #175--that might help you.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

ok, ya.
That makes total sense and sounds totally DOABLE!!

Last edited by betty301; 12-07-2011 at 12:47 PM..
Old 12-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Just post in this thread, for now?
I would love to know about anyone trying this, and how you're doing!