Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Let's say it's for the weekend; you do a DD on Friday so you can go out to eat that night. Then you get invited to something else on Saturday night, so instead of having an UD breakfast on Saturday you'd do two DDs in a row:
Friday
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Saturday
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
....now you get to have brunch on Sunday!
You could do this every weekend so that your UDs/DDs fall on the same days every week. In my experience/social circle, people don't go out or have a big late dinner on Sundays as often as Friday/Saturday and Sunday dinners/birthdays/BBQs etc tend to be around 2-3pm most of the time.

Okay, by the time I write a bestselling book on this the rules may change a bit but what I'm doing so far is---

1) When I'm transitioning from DDs (breakfast & lunch) to UDs (at 7pm), I don't worry too much if the DD calories "blur" into my UD because they will be rather scanty all day anyway; I would have used a portion of them the night before. Nor would I worry if I started at 5 or 6pm due to hunger or some change in plans.

2) When I'm transitioning from UDs (B & L) to DDs (at 7pm), I eat my last UD calories at 3pm to allow time for digestion and to start my DD on an empty stomach. If I ate from 7pm to 7pm, I would probably overeat calories and my DD would realistically be less than 24 hours.

3) If an UD ran late (7 or 8 pm when I meant to stop at 3), due to a social event or emergency, I would try to avoid eating anything the rest of the night, or keep it to 50-100 calories if I really needed a snack before bed. Then I would start my UD the next day at 7pm as planned.
I think you SHOULD write a book!

Remember Kimmer? She developed a huge following and then her diet site, which raked in bajillions of dollars for her. But her plan was mostly hcg weightloss phase two forever. Without any hcg. LOL It didn't allow for much food. That was the secret to weight loss. Sort of prisoner of war portions of food. LOL

Your plan allows for good meals every day and arranging your days to include great meals when you want to enjoy them. I think you could sell this for sure. Truthfully, it's often the first one who gets their book to market that makes the money. The plans are out there, but whoever get the public's ear, gets the riches. I think this could be YOU!

This could be you, slim and rich and with long hair!

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-26-2011 at 10:41 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I hope you don't mind, but I copies and pasted the schedule you made for RW here. When I looked at "Wednesday" on it, I noticed it follows exactly how I would need for it to be for today (and the rest of the week)

#3: "Days" can be any 24-hour period
I read this on another JUDDD site earlier today;
If your schedule is erratic, you can choose a set time to switch.
So, let's say you pick 3pm; you would have an UD breakfast & lunch, then from 3pm til 3pm the next day, eat your DD calories, then have an UD dinner.
Similar to IF, but with a bigger window and some calories to get you through the "fasting".

I just don't know how, if you did it only on the weekends, this would merge with your weekdays.
Or perhaps this would work all week, even on your workout days, if you can function on low calories during the day, exercise, then eat a big dinner.

It might look like this: (bold is UD calories)

B'FAST (Sunday)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Monday)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Tuesday)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Wed.)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Thurs)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Friday)
LUNCH
DINNER
B'FAST (Saturday)
LUNCH
DINNER

I made it so you repeat the schedule Fri & Sat; you can eat out both nights and then have a nice brunch on Sunday! Sleep late on Saturday and it won't be hard at all!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm still thinking on this.

I tend to not eat breakfast the majority of the time, so it would make DD a total breeze. Have a low calorie late lunch and before I know it, it's back to UD eating again!

On the UD, I would have plenty to eat by mid afternoon to hold me until later and then could use half my DD calories to tie me over for the night so I could sleep well.

I can see where this method might not work for all - might be a challenge for various reasons, but for others, if it worked just as well as regular JUDDD, it might seem like the best of all worlds. I mean, every DD you would know that you could have whatever it is you are wanting not just the next day, but by that evening (in just hours).

If I'm understanding this right.

Hmmm....
Old 10-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Yes, a way of hold the fasting period to 24 hours rather than the longer approx. 36 hours of fasting when JUDDDing. But the calories would still be the calories.
Ah...it is even clearer now!

Regular judding has a 36 hour "fasted" low cal window...Piratejennies judding has a 24 hour "fasted" low cal window!

Will be really interesting to see how it works out!

Hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I must say...it all sounds a bit too complicated for me...I am a simple soul...and need a simple plan!

It sounds perfect for you, though, pj....and it sounds like you may gain a follower or two!

They say neccessity is the mother of invention...you needed to sample those garlic knots (i dont know what they are..but they sound lush!)...and now you have invented a version of juddd!

Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
I think it could also make a good "MD" or "switch day" since so many people get frustrated by them. Instead of trying to figure out MD meals for the whole day, do 2 DD ones and an UD dinner. Or vice versa. (
That's a great idea, I have a terrible time with MDs. But if I start an MD like a DD with a DD lunch, and follow it with UD supper, my appetite should be okay.

Following your thread with interest...
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Pat--okay! Getting to work on the book, stat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
...if (this method) worked just as well as regular JUDDD, it might seem like the best of all worlds. I mean, every DD you would know that you could have whatever it is you are wanting not just the next day, but by that evening (in just hours).

If I'm understanding this right.

Hmmm....
You are understanding perfectly!
And yes, IMO, the best of all worlds.
Also, if you're eating carbs, then you're spreading them out over a bigger window of time*; maybe better for blood sugar.
Even if it doesn't work as well as real JUDDD, if real JUDDD is too hard for some people to follow, or to scary-sounding to even try--then it's not going to work at all!!!
But so far I am losing weight on my UDs AND my DDs...
maybe because it's SO much easier for me to stick to my DD calorie limits this way.

I love how you seem fascinated by this and keep coming back every hour or so to contemplate it.

*Regular UD, let's say 8am to 8pm=12 hours
Mixed Up Day, let's say 7pm to 3pm=20 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
those garlic knots (i dont know what they are..but they sound lush!
They are just strips of pizza dough, tied into a knot, baked, and then soaked in garlic butter & olive oil! We live in New Jersey and the pizza dough is so good and chewy!

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-26-2011 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: delete error
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
**taking notes** love this thread, please continue to update us! i was really digging it when you suggested it to me the other day, i think that i may try this as well. it would make weekends more manageable because i have no idea how to divide things up fri,sat, and sun.
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for all the timely info, PirateJ! My DD hasn't been bad today, still have some calories to go, so I decided to play wait and see...

If I feel like I need more food to sleep well tonight, I will dip into some of the UD calories for tomorrow.

I'm so very intrigued by this different method of dividing the days, and you can bet I'll be considering it still. I may even give it a whirl by the weekend. Then I can compare how I really feel and do on each method.

This is great to have options, and you're right, it might help someone who is struggling on the DDs or is shying away from JUDDD entirely because of the thought of eating so few calories on DD.

Thanks for bringing this up! I hope the discussions continue on it. I'll be watching with interest.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a fantastic DD!
This method is, like, 57 times less stressful for me.
I woke up at 6 am, weighed 283.6;
at 4pm after a shower I checked and was 282.0!!!
Now I've had dinner (take-out Chinese food) and have no idea what tomorrow will bring,
but I'm confident I will get under 280 in the next few days.

Yesterday I ate my UD lunch at 3pm.
I did some errands and visited some friends, and was out of the house from 4 til 9:30pm--
I brought an Atkins bar with me, but did not eat it.
At about 10pm, I had some ham and baby carrots (110 calories),
a few bites of my son's saag paneer (spinach curry--guessing 50 calories) that he couldn't finish,
and one mini Reese's cup (45)...pm total, 205 calories.

Today I had a cup of coffee with real cream!!! on a DD!!! (60)
A bowl of soup (50)
A fiber bar (130)
and some more baby carrots (30)...am total, 270

So my total for that 24hr period was 475 calories!

Except for one around 677 calories, my other attempts at DDs have been around 1000, 1200, 1500, and OOPS!--eating a sandwich & Cheetos in my bed at 4am after trying to fall asleep for 5 hours--when my goal was 800.

I was really hungry for several hours but was just so calm knowing that I could have a big dinner tonight. I had a few errands and again brought the bar but didn't eat it; I just decided to get by on as few calories as possible.

All day I felt very happy and pretty energetic, even though the last 2 nights I have slept 5 or 6 hours instead of 8 or 9.
I might go to bed soon and get some extra sleep tonight--
I'm very (happily) full and drowsy from shumai and stuffed mushrooms and green beans and cheese wontons...hee hee!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #41

You're doing fabulously! Remember to write that book.....
Old 10-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I had a fantastic DD!
This method is, like, 57 times less stressful for me.
I woke up at 6 am, weighed 283.6;
at 4pm after a shower I checked and was 282.0!!!
Now I've had dinner (take-out Chinese food) and have no idea what tomorrow will bring,
but I'm confident I will get under 280 in the next few days.

Yesterday I ate my UD lunch at 3pm.
I did some errands and visited some friends, and was out of the house from 4 til 9:30pm--
I brought an Atkins bar with me, but did not eat it.
At about 10pm, I had some ham and baby carrots (110 calories),
a few bites of my son's saag paneer (spinach curry--guessing 50 calories) that he couldn't finish,
and one mini Reese's cup (45)...pm total, 205 calories.

Today I had a cup of coffee with real cream!!! on a DD!!! (60)
A bowl of soup (50)
A fiber bar (130)
and some more baby carrots (30)...am total, 270

So my total for that 24hr period was 475 calories!

Except for one around 677 calories, my other attempts at DDs have been around 1000, 1200, 1500, and OOPS!--eating a sandwich & Cheetos in my bed at 4am after trying to fall asleep for 5 hours--when my goal was 800.

I was really hungry for several hours but was just so calm knowing that I could have a big dinner tonight. I had a few errands and again brought the bar but didn't eat it; I just decided to get by on as few calories as possible.

All day I felt very happy and pretty energetic, even though the last 2 nights I have slept 5 or 6 hours instead of 8 or 9.
I might go to bed soon and get some extra sleep tonight--
I'm very (happily) full and drowsy from shumai and stuffed mushrooms and green beans and cheese wontons...hee hee!
That's all the more interesting to read how it plays out "in real life" - thanks for the account of your days. It sounds better and better all the time.

I may go ahead and start with it. I really think this would be ideal with my particular hunger/eating patterns.

I'm about 62 calories over my DD limit of 600 today. But if I consider that right now I would be in the "UD zone" part of my day, I'm not over anything at all... just a mere 62 calories into my UD eating.... hmmm....
Old 10-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Wow. This is really interesting and encouraging at the same time. I love how everyone seems to be able to lose on JUDDD even with flexible changes to suit their needs. I may have to try this 24 hr version from time to time going forward, especially on weekends, since I might like it more than a MD.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That's all the more interesting to read how it plays out "in real life" - thanks for the account of your days.
Oh, good! As I wrote that post, I was thinking, "This is so long and detailed...maybe I should start a journal or blog instead so I don't bore everybody..." Thanks for letting me know you found it helpful!

ETA:
Quote:
I'm about 62 calories over my DD limit of 600 today. But if I consider that right now I would be in the "UD zone" part of my day, I'm not over anything at all... just a mere 62 calories into my UD eating.... hmmm....
Exactly--think outside the box! The little day boxes on the calendar!

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-26-2011 at 08:49 PM.. Reason: ETA
Old 10-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

No boredom here at all!

I think one reason I'm feeling so ravenous this evening is I'm PMSg. It would have been a very hard DD evening indeed if I hadn't eaten those extra calories (ended up being about 275 extra! It was all raw cauliflower and a lite cream cheese dip) Good thing I'm considering them as UD calories. If I hadn't had that option, I don't know what I would have done... I guess I would have tried to get by on cauliflower without the dip and see if I could get to sleep early. It was just the last several hours that the hunger was getting to me. Like I say, I think hormones just made it extra hard.

Well, tomorrow is a new day, most of it UP

Last edited by sophiethecat; 10-26-2011 at 09:37 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Really, this is a very intriguing spin on things. Keep posting!
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmarie
WOE: RNY 11/24/14, low carb
Quote:
I understand everybody's point about calorie restriction, but if one is messing up on DDs because of hunger (as I have been) then one isn't getting that benefit anyway.

The original mouse study plan was 24hr eating/24hr fasting--
Dr Johnson's plan is sort of a "riff" on that. So is IF.
So I guess I'm riffing on JUDDD.

You know how when you're on a new WOE and you're losing weight but not desperately gnawing on napkins, and people say "that's awesome" but secretly they're hoping you'll fail because you're not "suffering" as much as they think you should be? I hope I'm not being overly sensitive, but that's kinda the feeling I'm getting here...
Jenny,

I didn't read everyone's reply because I am packing to go for the weekend, but I just wanted to stop in and tell you that NO WAY do we want you to fail. OMG girl, we are all in this together! I hope this variation works for you and if it does you may have several of us jump on board with you! I am sorry if my reply made you think otherwise.
kimmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Kim.

I was just SO excited about this, I was doing the Homer Simpson "I am so smart" dance, then it felt like people were saying, "I don't think that's going to work"....my mood plummeted from an 11 to a 3. I've seen so many threads over in the Main Lobby deteriorate, I didn't want to see that happen here and got a little defensive...I should have known my JUDDD BUDDDS would be more supportive!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey PJenny, I think this method will still activate the right genes since it is still calorie restriction - IN FACT, one might even end up eating LESS than normal on their DD times than in regular JUDDD.

I'm think because I normally can go without breakfast and eat in the afternoon, that I could often get by with a small DD meal before it came time for UD eating in the p.m.... and the next day when I was still on UD, I might only need a small meal to help me sleep the next night.

I guess I'll just have to give it a whirl and see what happens!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IN FACT, one might even end up eating LESS than normal on their DD times than in regular JUDDD.
For me, it was SO much easier to eat fewer DD calories!!!
I only had about 475 last DD, very very easily, whereas before I felt really heroic staying under 1200!

I didn't even make anything too special, just enjoyed some things like broth, baby carrots, and coffee with real cream, because I knew I was going to have a nice big dinner in a few hours!

I hope you enjoy MUDDDing!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 142/119.6/115
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 2014
So by following the sechduele you posted how do we count the calories for the UD and DD?
Idreamofweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 142/119.6/115
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 2014
NM I think I get it. Sometimes it rolls over to the next day right? So you will count both your UP and DD on the same day but seperatley?
Idreamofweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss View Post
NM I think I get it. Sometimes it rolls over to the next day right? So you will count both your UP and DD on the same day but seperatley?
Yes, you've got it.

I think what you could do to make tracking it easier is, let's say you had an UD for breakfast and lunch, and that evening will be DD... I might just start a new day on ****** (where I track calories) to log those DD calories. And then go ahead and continue logging your DD calories for breakfast and lunch on that next day. Start a new day though for the UD calories in the p.m.

Or, like I did the other night is, just log all the calories together on the same day but keep track of how much you got in for that evening's eating (whether DD or UD eating) and remember to eat that many calories less the next day and just keep going....

Hope I didn't make it confusing!
Old 10-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
I used to do something like this on weight watchers--I started my day at dinner, and somehow or another it was so much easier to stay within my points by doing that! All I had to do was get thru breakfast and lunch on a set budget--and starting at dinner contained my eating because I knew I had to have enough for the next morning and lunch--So much easier to start counting with dinner!
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Good to see others have altered their eating schedule with success, Ouizoid
Old 10-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

NM - I was "talking out loud" here about figures on ******, when I realized I needed to refigure them so please ignore this post

Last edited by sophiethecat; 10-28-2011 at 01:24 PM..
Old 10-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
I am also jumping on this bandwagon, since I obviously can't keep my DD calories, or even my UP day calories within reason. Maybe this will make it easier.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #58

Got a question for the JUDDD MUDDD BUDDD. LOL

OK.. example:

Up Days of 1800 calories and Down Days of 500 calories

500 calories divided by 3 meals = 167 calories per meal
1800 calories divided by 3 meals = 667 calories per meal

2 DD meals & 1 UD meal on day 1 totals 934 calories for the first day
1 DD meal and 2 UD meals on day 2 totals 1367 calories for the second day
and then the rotation repeats

So each 24-hour period cycles between 934 calories and 1367 calories, resulting in a calorie spread of 433 calories

Here is my question:

Do you think there is any reason to refrain from just eating Monday's calories and Tuesday's calories whenever? If Monday is 2 DD meals plus 1 UD meal of 934 calories total, do you think it makes any difference in those hours when you eat?

And the same for Tuesday, when the 1 DD meal plus 2 UD meals will total 1367 calories.. do you think it matters when the calories are given?

Can you just hold your dieting down to a maximum of 1367 calories on the highest day and drop to 934 on the alternate lowest day, and then continue these numbers? But eating those calories at a time of your choosing throughout your waking hours of the day?

Over the course of our waking day, does it matter when we eat our calories?

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-28-2011 at 02:22 PM..
Old 10-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

I have a couple questions about Fri night, according to that sample schedule posted above.

I assume that the UD eating on Friday nights is not the full-allotted UD calories eaten all in one evening?

How many of the UD calories are you allowing on Fri evenings?

Thanks
Old 10-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
I used to do something like this on weight watchers--I started my day at dinner, and somehow or another it was so much easier to stay within my points by doing that! All I had to do was get thru breakfast and lunch on a set budget--and starting at dinner contained my eating because I knew I had to have enough for the next morning and lunch--So much easier to start counting with dinner!
Did you have a particular allotment of calories that you ate at designated times then? If you weren't hungry for your breakfast calories, for example, could you save those to double up on at lunchtime? Or if you were running and only got in a few calories during most of the day, could you eat them all in the evening for supper?