Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Don't Be A Hero! Start With An UD!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/742992-dont-hero-start-ud.html)

Beeb 10-25-2011 06:57 PM

Don't Be A Hero! Start With An UD!!

I'm posting this because if you look at all the JUDDD BUDDDs on here, the average of those who started with an UD and found the DD pretty simple is much higher than those who choose to "tough it out" and start the JUDDD WOE with a DD, not having that UD load of calories to see them through! It was hard for them and I think took longer (in what I have read) to get into the easy rhyme of UDs and DDs.

Start with an UD, feed yourself good and I PROMISE the first DD will almost be painless! ;):up::clap:

vilanteira 10-25-2011 07:21 PM

Definitely agree here. Just finished my first DD after my first UD and it was tough but not as awful as I had imagined. It would have been horrendous if I started on a DD though! :eek:

Mommie22boys 10-25-2011 07:54 PM

Hmmm...I was thinking that I was an exception to your "rule", since I started JUDDD on a DD (500 calories, I should add). However, when I think about it, the night before i did my first DD, we went out to dinner for my DS's birthday. I ate LC (bunless burger, no sweets, side salad w/ blue cheese dressing), so I guess I really DID have an UD before my first DD. Huh. Interesting.

Sissiesue 10-26-2011 10:01 AM

I started with a DD mainly because I started on a Monday, and it was a crappy Monday anyway. Mondays just SEEM like a DD, ya know? It just felt "right".

It helps, though, that I'd just come off the weekend, where I tend to eat a bit more.

Kissa 10-26-2011 01:03 PM

I started with a DD but the previous day I had been out to a big lunch and had allowed myself, champagne, a dessert and some cheese and biscuits along with the roast meats and vegetables. Could certainly have described that as an UD, lol.

And happily the DD was easy. :)

Beeb 12-13-2011 08:33 PM

Bump for the Newbies!! :hugs:

hockey_gal 12-13-2011 09:43 PM

Hmm...if I started w/an UD then I really wouldn't have felt as though I started anything. It would be just how I eat when not on ANY plan (2000 calorie is perfect for me :))

Or this meant for those who are switching from LC?

SlowSure 12-14-2011 01:33 AM

I started with an UD because I'd just finished several months of calorie restriction and several weeks of ca 700 cals per day so although it would have been relatively simple to just drop an addtional 300 or so didn't think I'd get the benefit if I didn't start with an UD.

Alcestis 12-14-2011 05:27 AM

I started with an UD yesterday (I'd wanted to start last week but my back went out and I decided to wait until I could think straight and plan my own food) and today I feel relieved that it's my first DD! I overate a lc dinner last night and my stomach will thank me for a quiet day today :D

Knittering 12-14-2011 06:14 AM

I stared with a DD because I was coming directly from low-carb and eating too much every day anyhow -- you know, like 500 calories a day in HWC alone and I'm not even going to talk about my evening dark chocolate issues, LOL.

Anyhow, it wasn't so bad.

pjsam1156 12-14-2011 04:20 PM

I started w/a DD, but the day before, I ate EVERYTHING, because I knew I was starting the next day:hyst: