Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Joedi I need your help please!

Yesterday, my first UD was not too great, I ate way too much. Today I had a binge,after 34 days of being binge free. What have you found that helps you to eat normally?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Yesterday, my first UD was not too great, I ate way too much. Today I had a binge,after 34 days of being binge free. What have you found that helps you to eat normally?
I know Jo will be here to help you!!! You are so not alone here with your trouble here, and others have faced this too, as you well know.

Hang in here. I know Jo will be here.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Just wanted to extend a hug to you, Jeannie. We're all here to support you in whatever way we can in this journey!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #4

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
I also wanted to extend a hug to you. I know Jo will be along soon. We care about you and support you!
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
I am so sorry you are having a tough time right now.

What I think has kept me from binging on UD's is not eating my known trigger foods straight away on my juddd journey, and not getting too hungry.

On starting juddd, my instinct was to go for all the foods I didn't eat on low carb, but I knew if I did, I probably woulnt be able to stop!
Instead, my UD's resembled my low carb days, with perhaps a few fruit or veg carbs added in.
As the weeks went by, I started adding in my trigger foods, a small amount, and eaten last thing at night, right before bed, so I couldn't physically binge.

It took me about 7 weeks of juddd before trying this, and my UD's are still tightly controlled, every cal written down, only a couple of trigger foods included last thing at night.

There are still a few foods I havnt added back in yet, as I am worried about being triggered.
I hope in the long term to be able to include, freely any food into my UD's but I know it will be a slow process.
My plan is to introduce those high sugar and carb trigger foods in a little at a time, earlier in the day, and hopefully at a time where a binge wouldn't be possible. Once I realise I can trust myself around these foods, I will be able to relax and eat them more normally.
For us, reaching a state of normal eating will probably be a long, but worthwhile journey!
Someone, muffin maiden, I think, made a good point that immediately before every action.. Ie binging...there is a thought. If we can work out what that thought is, the next time we find ourselves thinking it, we KNOW what will follow, and can counteract it with another thought before the action occurs.
This helped my bulimic behaviours. Before I want to purge, my thought is always along the lines of" my stomach feels huge! This food will make me fat! Better get rid of it!" now when I have this thought, I know what will happen if I keep thinking it, so I counteract it with"a full tummy is normal.. It will go back down. You haven't eaten enough cals to put on even one lb of fat. A good DD tomorrow will take care of it"
Do you see what I mean? If you recognise the thoughts that come before you binge, you can replace them with opposing thought, and hopefully avert the binge.
If you have been a low carber, do your juddd low carb for a few weeks, then add treats in very slowly, and at times you cannot overdo it.
A sweet apple, or some chilled grapes are higher carb foods that don't tend to trigger binges. I used them before adding sweets.
And if you do binge, don't beat yourself up... It is a hard habit to break! Comfort yourself with the fact that a good DD the next day will undo most of any damage you have done calorie wise.
I wish I could be more helpful, all I can do is tell you what has worked for me!
I know it will be a long time before I have a normal attitude to food, but I feel I am on the right path with juddd!

Big hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Also, I think planning out a full days food is very helpful.
Have it ready the night before, and as you eat it, check the food from your list. If hunger is a binge trigger, and it can be for me, never go too long without eating, and always carry a snack.
If a favourite food triggers you to want to just keep eating, keep just a little in the house, and eat it after a filling meal.
I recently introduced my beloved peanut m&ms back into my life... I kept them till last thing at night, then teeth brushed and into bed!
I was so pleased to enjoy them again, and, as I ate a normal portion, without any binging/purging, I feel far more confident about being in control next time I have them.
Binging is a very internal action, when we do it, we are focused only on ourselves, our inside feelings.
It may sound weird, but try focusing on something very external. Open the window, and look, really take in the details, the beauty of a tree, think how long it has been there, how many different people have passed by it, touched it?
Or concentrate on a family pet, watch how it moves, grooms itself.
Look away, outward from yourself, and REALLY concentrate on something other than what you are feeling, wanting to do... Binge.
It takes time to learn this, and I KNOW it probably sounds a bit daft, but if does work. It is like changing a mental channel almost.

Hugs
Jo
X
Old 10-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Joedi- Thank you so much for your thoughts. You have come so far and are an inspiration.

I am asking myself why? I lose slowly, but I can lose eating moderate carb/moderate calorie so why I am pushing the limits to see what I can get away with? Hubby said to me in passing that I seemed stressed. I didn't give it much thought at that time, but he is right why does eating have to be so controlled?

Last edited by jeaniem; 10-25-2011 at 06:32 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 02:59 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Perhaps the very contoll you are feeling leads to your binging. Are you happy with your lowcarb foods, mean completely satisfied mentally?
Or are you missing some higher carb favourites?
For me, dieting was like a metal coiled Sping.. I could hold it down tightly for so long.... But when I got fed up and stressed over feeling deprived, I would let it go, and it bounced off uncontrollably.... this was me eating all I had Missed out on... and it would take me hours, days or months to get hold of that spring, and compress it down into another strict diet.
With juddd....I started with a fairly comPressed low carb "spring" but over the weeks I am trying to ease it up a bit at a time, allowing in the foods, some which are trigger foods for me, which I have been missing.
My aim is , in time, to have relaxed that spring of control till I am no longer having to hold it tight.... It is just there, relaxed, and I am in comfortable control..
You may be pushing the limits because you are genuinely missing some foods.
It is how you introduce those foods that matters for ed people, and I would recommend just a little, one at a time. Once you have your first trigger food, without the binge, it starts to build confidence that you CAN do it.

Hugs
Jo
X
Old 10-26-2011, 05:16 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Some days I am completely satisfied with my lc foods other days not. My job as a nanny can be a challenge as the kiddos are always eating carby snacks that their parents provide. I also feel like I am always around food because little ones eat so often. If I am home on the weekend with distractions I don't think about food nearly as much. I have my best losses on Monday mornings usually. Last night was horrible with acid reflux burning my throat, tossing and turning with the rumbling tummy! Gotta run to work.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Don't have any answers for you but just wanted to give you a big and hope you find what will help soon!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the hugs and support! I think I am going to try a calorie zig-zag plan that I found on the free dieting site. I am so depressed my waist size was down to 29.5" on Monday, today back up to 31". I just don't know why I sabotage myself like this?? Part of me says to stop dieting all together and just be happy a little overweight, but that is so hard to do!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

I finally got back in control and feel better already. I am trying a zig-zag rotation that I found on the freedieting website it is not too drastic, but still varies the calories. The 7 day week looks like this:

1397 cals
1120 cals
1677 cals
1397 cals
1258 cals
1537 cals
1397 cals

Since I was so carbed up the first two days have been a breeze. I am shooting for the lower calorie days on the weekends and days off work and saving the higher calories days for when I feel like eating more or when going out to dinner with hubby.

Thank you all so much for putting up with me! I wish all of you continued success with JUDD and many happy UD's.
reach 120lbs. by 9/1/14
Exercise daily including strength workouts
!

150 140 130 120
Old 10-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #13

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
I finally got back in control and feel better already. I am trying a zig-zag rotation that I found on the freedieting website it is not too drastic, but still varies the calories. The 7 day week looks like this:

1397 cals
1120 cals
1677 cals
1397 cals
1258 cals
1537 cals
1397 cals

Since I was so carbed up the first two days have been a breeze. I am shooting for the lower calorie days on the weekends and days off work and saving the higher calories days for when I feel like eating more or when going out to dinner with hubby.

Thank you all so much for putting up with me! I wish all of you continued success with JUDD and many happy UD's.
However you cycle your calories to make a plan work for you is great. We can call your zig-zag schedule JUDDD-ish. Higher calorie days to go out and have fun evenings with your DH sounds like a great way to use the higher days.

Always glad when you post here. You're staying here, right? Please.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm wishing you success on your zig-zag pattern, Jeanie!! So glad you found something that suits you, but don't leave! You're welcome here all the time, stay and post.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

You all are so sweet. I'd love to keep posting along with the JUDD-ers!
Old 10-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Jeanie--I also recommend that you look at the Normal Eating website and book. Binging is so difficult. Sheryl Canter is an excellent resource for those of us with eating disorders.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you Ouizoid.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I you Jeanie. And I want you to be well and happy. that you find the answer.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

This is kind of strange I don't know what my cals were on my binge, but my measurements are almost back to what they were pre-binge only two days later and my belly is flatter. I certainly won't binge on purpose,but there seems to be a up/down calorie advantage at play here.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
This is kind of strange I don't know what my cals were on my binge, but my measurements are almost back to what they were pre-binge only two days later and my belly is flatter. I certainly won't binge on purpose,but there seems to be a up/down calorie advantage at play here.
Juddd, or any carb cylcling plan can be very forgiving....your binge was like what sohappy sometimes refers to an up up and away day..a day of really high calories!

By sticking to your plan, and having a day of much lower calories the following day, your body comes back into balance, those excess cals are used for fuel, and before long the damage is undone.

I have a nice flat tum on juddd...as long as I avoid too much wheat products!

So glad you are sticking with the juddd forum, and calorie cycling....any woe is harder for people with ED's...but I think this way is more doable than most!

Hugs
Jo
x

Last edited by Joedi; 10-29-2011 at 08:05 AM..
Old 10-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Joedi.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Jeanie, you're our ZZUDDD BUDDD AT JUDDD!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

That's ZZUDDD for your zig-zag eating!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #24
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Jeanie as long as you seek, you are winning and fighting the good fight. I have faith you will find what works for you long term. And know that if JUDDD is what is right for you, you will find your way through the forest of learning.

The one thing I "forgave" myself for in the early days of JUDDDing was overeating on my UD. It wasn't a real binge per se, but it was eating more than to satiety and it was eating those trigger foods inside me. Then the DD food restriction started working its magic. I just wasn't as hungry anmore. Cuz even LC I had voracious hunger!!!! OMG. I was always hungry.

Eventually with JUDDD, my overeating on UDs worked itself out within probably 2-3 weeks maybe? So maybe you could negotiate with yourself (your binge self) and tell yourself that if you do DDs by the book, you give yourself the permission to eat normally of anything in the world you want. Always knowing, that "tomorrow you can eat". And that there isn't anything forbidden here as the JUDDD BUDDDs say? Maybe that would relieve some of the stress???

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Pooticus
I am open to letting a more JUDD like pattern unfold, but for now I am going to go with the higher zig-zag pattern. My first UD I ate too much but didn't get too crazy, it was the two days following the UD that I went beserk! I am talking a pint of starbucks coffee ice cream, a whole bag of cookies, several candy bars and who knows what else in one sitting. It is unbelievable the amount of food I can take in while in binge mode. I did not have these foods in the house I went out and bought them. The first night I felt horrible , acid reflux and an upset stomach. I vowed to get back to a down day only to repeat the process again that day. I know deep down in my heart that if I accepted my weight and didn't diet I would probably not binge or at least not as often, but I am stubborn and keep trying.

Last edited by jeaniem; 10-29-2011 at 10:19 AM..