Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   First DD and boy am I a slug (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/742968-first-dd-boy-am-i-slug.html)

bosco0633 10-25-2011 02:16 PM

First DD and boy am I a slug
 
Ok do today I decided to start this after reading the book yesterday. I started with a dd today and feel no hunger. I had a 235 cal meal replacement shake at noon. I just hit a wall and I feel so slow and weak.

I just grabbed a tea and will flood myself with water before having a second shake tonight.

Not thinking about food no issue of mind over matter just plain tired!!!

But I just realized I need an UD on Thursday so what do I do. The book doesn't really explain what to do in these situations. Should I do another down day tomorrow? Or maybe half my calories so I can indulge on Thursday

pooticus 10-25-2011 02:24 PM

Oh man! My sympathies. :hugs:

But to tell you the truth. I'd go nuts trying to do this first two weeks on shakes only. I just wouldn't be able to handle not chewing!

pooticus 10-25-2011 02:25 PM

Oh and make tomorrow a MD (medium day) to switch so you can have an UD on Thursday! :)

lcklass 10-25-2011 02:28 PM

Yesterday was my first DD, so I share your pain ;) lol While I like shakes for breakfast, I did find having a big salad for dinner last night with some protein (turkey breast) really filled me up. I also had some hot tea before bed, because my stomach was growling a bit.

As far as switching the DD/UD - I have no clue, this is all new to me. Maybe make tomorrow more moderate, then have Thu be your UD?

``````````````````
Bonnie

Joedi 10-25-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosco0633 (Post 15121109)
Ok do today I decided to start this after reading the book yesterday. I started with a dd today and feel no hunger. I had a 235 cal meal replacement shake at noon. I just hit a wall and I feel so slow and weak.

I just grabbed a tea and will flood myself with water before having a second shake tonight.

Not thinking about food no issue of mind over matter just plain tired!!!

But I just realized I need an UD on Thursday so what do I do. The book doesn't really explain what to do in these situations. Should I do another down day tomorrow? Or maybe half my calories so I can indulge on Thursday

What you do is insert a medium day (MD)..this pushes the UD onto the next day..where you need it!
A medium day is just the average of your UD and DD.
To work out the cals...just add your UD and DD cals...for example 1800 & 500..this would give you 2300...and divide it by 2 = 1500 cals for your medium day

Enjoy your UD.

hugs
Jo
x

bosco0633 10-25-2011 02:31 PM

So how do I recoup from a medium day? Do I have to do another medium day to equal everything out??

Can I just do a back to back DD??

bosco0633 10-25-2011 02:33 PM

Ok cool. Now about the calories. I have read that the calculator on the JUDDD site may be a bit generous. So how do you figure the right amount. 2400 a day seems a little high for me.

paulabob 10-25-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosco0633 (Post 15121171)
Ok cool. Now about the calories. I have read that the calculator on the JUDDD site may be a bit generous. So how do you figure the right amount. 2400 a day seems a little high for me.

For me, I split the difference between what it said for no exercise, and what it said for light exercise. One was too low, one too high (do I sound like goldilocks?)

You might try lots of lean protein on your DDs...keeps me from getting too shaky. I love shakes but they don't keep me full very long.

Joedi 10-25-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosco0633 (Post 15121161)
So how do I recoup from a medium day? Do I have to do another medium day to equal everything out??

Can I just do a back to back DD??

A medium day just replaces either an UD or a DD. so if your wednesday should have been an UD...and you make it a MD..then the UD is pushed to the next day..and thursday becomes the UD.

Then you just continue on to a DD..UD..DD..UD as you would be doing as normal. No recouping needed!

hope this makes sense!

hugs
Jo
x

Joedi 10-25-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosco0633 (Post 15121171)
Ok cool. Now about the calories. I have read that the calculator on the JUDDD site may be a bit generous. So how do you figure the right amount. 2400 a day seems a little high for me.

Paulabobs suggestion is a good one!

Or you can try a couple of online calorie calculators...find what your maintainance levels should be...and just use the average of these.

Its worth noting that most of us here work out the maintainance calories for our goal weight...rather than our current weight.

Afterall..we dont really want to maintain our excess fat...but the slim body within!

You could try putting your goal weight into the juddd calculator..and see what numbers that gives you!

hugs
Jo
x

julietcc 10-26-2011 08:15 PM

I can relate! I just did my first DD. I had coffee and half and half for breakfast, a shake for lunch, tea, 2 calcium chews, and a shake for dinner. I was exhausted at work and had a headache. After my "dinner", I took a 2 hour nap! Does it get easier as you go? I already feel thinner after just one day but I don't exactly feel good! Maybe real food on my next DD will help.

Beeb 10-26-2011 08:22 PM

OK, I need to know why the shakes? I understand that the JUDDD site suggests them for the first 2 weeks, but there are SO many other great LCal choices why drink your calories when you could be chewing them, and actually have a lot more food than the calories in the shakes are giving you?

With all the recipes on here for DD, eating real food on a DD is a snap. Sometimes the best plan or suggestion just needs to be tweaked! ;)

sophiethecat 10-26-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julietcc (Post 15125204)
I can relate! I just did my first DD. I had coffee and half and half for breakfast, a shake for lunch, tea, 2 calcium chews, and a shake for dinner. I was exhausted at work and had a headache. After my "dinner", I took a 2 hour nap! Does it get easier as you go? I already feel thinner after just one day but I don't exactly feel good! Maybe real food on my next DD will help.

Definitely eat real food. There are a couple threads about DD menus and foods that are filling for less calories.

julietcc 10-26-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15125222)
Definitely eat real food. There are a couple threads about DD menus and foods that are filling for less calories.

Yes, I'll definitely be reading through those threads! I just did the shakes because I have a whole box laying around and I didn't want to think about it. I just woke up and decided to go for Judd this morning :laugh: I'm already thinking about poached eggs and my Sarah Lee Delightful toast with butter. I'll be hitting the grocery store, too because my cupboards and fridge are very barren right now.

sophiethecat 10-26-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julietcc (Post 15125249)
Yes, I'll definitely be reading through those threads! I just did the shakes because I have a whole box laying around and I didn't want to think about it. I just woke up and decided to go for Judd this morning :laugh: I'm already thinking about poached eggs and my Sarah Lee Delightful toast with butter. I'll be hitting the grocery store, too because my cupboards and fridge are very barren right now.

You're going to do well :high5: We all seemed to get better and better at stretching the calories on DD as we go. You'll find different food and simple recipes to get the most bang for your calorie buck. :)

I have some shakes leftover from LCg too. They didn't taste good, I just used them as a meal on the go - something to tie me over on the go. Not sure what I'll do with them now cause I hate to waste good calories on something that doesn't taste good :dunno: Maybe I'll save them for emergencies.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:02 PM.