Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
Mother of the year

Gallery: Laprettygurl
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Feb 26, 2013
I'm going to try this... :)

After fighting over and over with myself with food, I am so over it. I am over trying to NOT eat carbs. Over feeling 'bad' if I eat a handful of carrot sticks.

I LOVE sushi. I have decided I DON'T want to live without it. Sure, Atkins is great but for right now it's not what I want to do. I want to go out with my friends and eat sushi dammit.

Anyways, I'm jumping on tomorrow. Went and did some shopping. This house is filled with the wrong foods, lol.

I'm 5'3 and 235. blah. The calorie counters I used averaged around 1700 calories for me at 175. (Weight I'd like to be, then reevaluate) I will do 500 calories for DD

Tomorrow my menu so far, no order as to when it's eaten:

ham sandwich on ww bread w/lettuce. 150
fruit cup 70
source yogurt 35
boneless, skinless chicken breast 110 (4oz)
brocolli, 2 cups 60
soy sauce 20

This puts me at 435. I will probably use up what's left in chicken for supper.

I usually only eat two meals. One at work and one at home. This is higher in carbs than I'm used to. I am going to do my best to stay away from the scale for a little while! I just got on Atkins' again just over a week ago but I do bloat up easily.

As for exercise. I do a lot of hiking on the weekends when the weather permits. Other than that sometimes I take the dogs for a walk but I am constantly moving at my job. I'm on my feet for six hours a day for 5 days a week. I am TIRED after I get home and honestly the last thing I want to do is go to the gym. Do you think this is enough activity? It's not like I'm on my butt for 8 hours.

Thanks in advance for helping me!!
Laprettygurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
Mother of the year

Also, is it wrong for me to be VERY skeptical of this? I mean, all I've ever heard from around here and low carb books etc is that restricting calories SUCKS and I'm going to STARVE!!! Ahh, please reassure me!

Oh that that it's not going to work...
Old 10-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Queenie324
Stats: 249.9/194/150 5'7
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 10/18/11
Trust me, it works. Go read all the posts on what people are eating, how much they are losing.........it works and is flexible, which is also nice.

DD here, UD there, MD here and there..............it works.
Queenie324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
Mother of the year

Hi Dottie!! Nice to see you here! Are you a on this plan or a cheerleader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Old 10-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
Mother of the year

Flexible works for me! Oh, I've read the threads but it seems rather surreal to me. I seem to have two ways of eating. Atkins or overeating. There's NEVER been any middle ground for me for quite awhile (well, maybe when I was 15....) Anyways, calorie counting is I need new and I need to learn how to do it a little more efficiently so it doesn't take me so much time to figure out my days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie324 View Post
Trust me, it works. Go read all the posts on what people are eating, how much they are losing.........it works and is flexible, which is also nice.

DD here, UD there, MD here and there..............it works.

Last edited by Laprettygurl; 10-25-2011 at 01:04 PM..
Old 10-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Trying it I got into a bad habit of not eating. At least on this one I HAVE to eat every other day lol
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #8
Mother of the year

lol, yeah... I have the opposite problem :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Trying it I got into a bad habit of not eating. At least on this one I HAVE to eat every other day lol
Old 10-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laprettygurl View Post
After fighting over and over with myself with food, I am so over it. I am over trying to NOT eat carbs. Over feeling 'bad' if I eat a handful of carrot sticks.

I LOVE sushi. I have decided I DON'T want to live without it. Sure, Atkins is great but for right now it's not what I want to do. I want to go out with my friends and eat sushi dammit.

Anyways, I'm jumping on tomorrow. Went and did some shopping. This house is filled with the wrong foods, lol.

I'm 5'3 and 235. blah. The calorie counters I used averaged around 1700 calories for me at 175. (Weight I'd like to be, then reevaluate) I will do 500 calories for DD

Tomorrow my menu so far, no order as to when it's eaten:

ham sandwich on ww bread w/lettuce. 150
fruit cup 70
source yogurt 35
boneless, skinless chicken breast 110 (4oz)
brocolli, 2 cups 60
soy sauce 20

This puts me at 435. I will probably use up what's left in chicken for supper.

I usually only eat two meals. One at work and one at home. This is higher in carbs than I'm used to. I am going to do my best to stay away from the scale for a little while! I just got on Atkins' again just over a week ago but I do bloat up easily.

As for exercise. I do a lot of hiking on the weekends when the weather permits. Other than that sometimes I take the dogs for a walk but I am constantly moving at my job. I'm on my feet for six hours a day for 5 days a week. I am TIRED after I get home and honestly the last thing I want to do is go to the gym. Do you think this is enough activity? It's not like I'm on my butt for 8 hours.

Welcome to juddd! or, as we like to call it..."the dark side" ..where carbs Can be your friends...if you want them to!

As you will be counting calories...i recommend you use ************...its a free pc, and smartphone app....with cals for everything...and the option to add your own foods in...or just scan a barcode for all the info!

You can create your own meals and recipes...with all the nutrition counted, and it keeps a running total of your daily cals, carbs, fat protein etc.
Everything you add in is saved, so after a week or two, logging your daily food is a doddle!

You can set custom goals, log your weight (it makes you a nice little graph as you do so) and you can add any friends who use it to, for added support...several of us here are already using it.

Yes...on DD's, esp at first, you will get hungry...but your body soon adapts...and we have a great recipe thread here full of foods that fill, for very little calories.

personally...i eat humungous salads, with caloriefree dressing, and a little protein. Homemade soups can give a good bang for a small cal buck...eggwhite omelettes are great, and I would HIGHLY recommend checking out glucomannan...its a 0 cal thickener that can make awesome puddings and shakes!

Many of us started at 600-700 DD calories...which was less of a shock to the system...once you get used to the lower cals, and find out what fills you best, it is easy to lower them a little at a time, till you get to about 500.

You will probably still lose...most of us did..and some..Beeb for one, stuck to her 600 til goal.

The secret is to eat every one of your UD cals...and eat what you really enjoy (perhaps not just chocolate..but you know what I mean!)

That way you are satisfied and full...and that full tum helps you survive into your DD.

Start off with a really good UD...and plan your DD carefully...and remember..anything you are craving?...its only 24 hours away!

Good luck!

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"

Last edited by Joedi; 10-25-2011 at 01:41 PM..
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Hey there! I just started JUDDD too (one week and five pounds ago). I was really skeptical at first too...but I am giving it a try and I have loved the results so far!!

The DDs sound really scary, but they aren't nearly as bad as they seem and they get easier!

I ALSO love sushi...I had sushi on my 2nd UpDay...it was wonderful

Welcome and I wish you luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Queenie324
Stats: 249.9/194/150 5'7
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 10/18/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
Hey there! I just started JUDDD too (one week and five pounds ago). I was really skeptical at first too...but I am giving it a try and I have loved the results so far!!

The DDs sound really scary, but they aren't nearly as bad as they seem and they get easier!

I ALSO love sushi...I had sushi on my 2nd UpDay...it was wonderful

Welcome and I wish you luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
Glad to see you lost 5 lbs this week!!! Congrats.
Queenie324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie324 View Post
Glad to see you lost 5 lbs this week!!! Congrats.
Yeah, its been a real success so far! I am on TOM right now, though, so we'll see if water gain prevents any losses until it is gone or not. At least this is a FUN experiment to do I get to eat good stuff!
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Prettygurl! Hope you give JUDDD a try and see how you like it!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #14
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
and I KNOW you will JUDDD! I would also like to suggest you start with an UD to get yourself full and ready for your first calorie restricted DD.

It's just helps to make that first DD a little easier!

BTW.......JUDDD works, believe me!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hey, Laprettygurl! I was hoping you would come over here to try JUDDD with us. I think once you get through with the initial *What the heck am I doing?* thing that we go through, you're going to thrive and lose weight and get SLIM.

Wishing you all the very best. I'll bet you do really well on this plan. It's the plan that lets us have our cake and eat it too. Only have to diet half of the days in each month for weight loss, and get to eat way up at our maintenance calories of any fabulous foods we want on all of the other days of the month. And lose weight. Almost hard to believe!

There is that calorie counting thing.... but it's a very small effort in exchange for getting skinny easily and getting to eat whatever we like most of the time.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Welcome to juddd!

As you will be counting calories...i recommend you use ************...its a free pc, and smartphone app....with cals for everything...and the option to add your own foods in...or just scan a barcode for all the info!

hugs
Jo
x
Threadjack: Jo, is this so?!? I can scan in my nutritional info?? OMG! If this is true then I this app even more now!! How do I do this? Do tell!! Thanks, hon!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Lagurl: Welcome!! I think you are really going to like the JUDDD plan. I barely feel like this is work...certainly not a diet. I just made another thread today about my progress thus far...4 weeks in and 12 pounds gone. And THAT was with "dieting" only on HALF the days of the month. Best of luck!!!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Threadjack: Jo, is this so?!? I can scan in my nutritional info?? OMG! If this is true then I this app even more now!! How do I do this? Do tell!! Thanks, hon!
On my phone when I add a food there is a very small barcode icon in the lower corner. Haven't used it but assume that's what it's for. Haven't tried it yet, tho.
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #19
Mother of the year

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I have almost survived my first DD, lol!! I say that because it's not bedtime yet. I wasn't very hungry. Just once so I went and rested in bed, lol. Anyways, UD for me tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I have almost survived my first DD, lol!! I say that because it's not bedtime yet. I wasn't very hungry. Just once so I went and rested in bed, lol. Anyways, UD for me tomorrow.
Enjoy your UD tomorrow! UD for me too!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Yes, I use it all the time!
When you click on ADD to add a food to your diary, or to a recipe, a search box come up for you to type into. Well, at the right side of this search box is a barcode symbol.
Tap this, and it opens your phones camera, ready to scan. Hold your phone over the foods barcode, and it will scan the food, and 99% of the time find the info, you then just add it to your meal/recipe!
Let me know how you get on with it!
Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #22
Mother of the year

Quote:

Ok. Im still not sure about the exercise part... Anyone?
Old 10-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #23
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Yes, I use it all the time!
When you click on ADD to add a food to your diary, or to a recipe, a search box come up for you to type into. Well, at the right side of this search box is a barcode symbol.
Tap this, and it opens your phones camera, ready to scan. Hold your phone over the foods barcode, and it will scan the food, and 99% of the time find the info, you then just add it to your meal/recipe!
Let me know how you get on with it!
Hugs
Jo
X
Does she need to download an app for the barcode? I did on my Android phone to be able to use the barcode feature on the Fat Secret site.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I had my first DD today too

I am invited to play ice hockey on Friday but am hesitant bc it's dangerous to be on the ice and shaky...my team plays on Sats so I purposely chose to make that an UD!

The program said 500 calories on DD for the first 2 weeks so I'm thinking of waiting until after that to try exercise. I might be able to up the calories a little on DD then (tho the online calculator says I should do 394 calories on DD if I want to lose!!!!!)
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote