Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Skin on JUDDD

This is a continuation of the little discussion in the "Calorie Restriction - JUDDD is a type of CR (just every other day) with same benefits" thread somewhere down the page, but I thought I'd start a new thread just for skin benefits of this woe.

Only one small active pimple on my face today!!! And it wasn't a new one. I woke up and when I looked in the mirror, things looked smooth and glowy, and that's something I can never say about my face, lol.

When I took that one week where I was eating much higher calories than I was supposed to, I had a couple new ones though my face still looked heaps better overall, but the weight was coming back.

Now that I'm back down to the right calorie limit, weight is coming off, acne clearing up.

Tells me this calorie restriction (CR) is doing great things inside my body - regulating hormones of all kinds.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 10-25-2011 at 09:37 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
Twice this week I felt comfortable walking around town with no makeup. That is very very unusual.

I did not really think about why...but it might have something to do with feeling like my skin looks nice.

I don't have a pimple issue..but I get dark circles and some reddening on my cheeks.

Something to watch!
addict1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
wow i hope i have the same results as you all!! my hormones are so wacky since i've hit my upper 20's and my new BC doesn't help either ( at least that is what my derm is telling me. hormonal acne in 20's must be different from acne in teens).
RileyWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
I too am waiting to see if my skin improves on JUDDD. I will be back in a week or so with an update...
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
wow i hope i have the same results as you all!! my hormones are so wacky since i've hit my upper 20's and my new BC doesn't help either ( at least that is what my derm is telling me. hormonal acne in 20's must be different from acne in teens).
I started breaking out like around 12 years old, if not sooner! Had cystic acne in teens and it went away on most bcp's I took. But when I went off them in my mid-20s - UGH!!! It was like I never left my teens. Bad, cystic acne. Went back on the pill and things were good again, and later got on Metformin and spironolactone.

In early 30s, went off the pill and skin stayed fine. Last fall as I gained weight, I started breaking out in bad cystic acne especially around my jaw & neck and it kept getting worse. Went on bcp for a few months but it didn't help. Stopped taking them. (I wasn't too thrilled about going back on them in the first place). Stopped spiro. this past winter. Didn't feel like it was helping anymore.

Started LC this summer and skin was improving but it never got completely better. Cysts were smaller and not so numerous, but I was still breaking out about half the month if not more.

Started JUDDD Oct. 12 and now I'm basically clear. This is HUGE. Went from cysts along my jaw and down onto my neck, as well as sometimes around my mouth to clear, smooth skin.

I still have post-inflammatory marks to clear up, but I can cover those as needed.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 10-25-2011 at 11:33 AM..
Old 10-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
The Calorie Restriction of JUDDD and the way the plan works with the high/low calorie cycling is supposed to work wonderfully to normalize us, our hormone levels, etc. So I can see how it could serve to help skin overall.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
I have always had great skin, and I know that I just started JUDDD...but I just hit TOM with NO breakouts (I usually get a pimple or two somewhere)...I thought that was odd!
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Queenie324
Stats: 249.9/194/150 5'7
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 10/18/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyWorm View Post
Think hormones are wacky now wait until you begin approaching 50!
Queenie324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Also wanted to add that I'm a night owl, but when I manage to get to bed before midnight and get a good night's sleep, my skin looks much calmer the next day.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:49 PM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
The one thing I'm noticing is my wrinkles are "thinning" out, meaning they seem less. Nothing different in what I'm putting on my face, either. I have to thank LC for clearing up my terrible acne problem. It's only when I eat sugar that my face breaks out now.

I am waiting to see if JUDDD will be a nice "face lift" after awhile!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Juddd does seem to do something to our hormones!

It brought my TOM early last month...but I had NO pain...not a cramp! This is SO weird for me...I am a day off work...hotwaterbottle...morphine based painkillers..crying in pain type of girl...this month...nothing!

hugs

Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie324 View Post
Think hormones are wacky now wait until you begin approaching 50!
Don't scare the children, Queenie!

SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

One thing I've noticed all through LC'g is that if I overdo the wine, I wake up with pimples. A couple glasses seems OK, but if I go over that like I did last night and have 3, I ended up not sleeping well the first part of the night and woke up with a few pimples. They are small, but still... I know for sure I can't overindulge on the wine and get less sleep and expect to be clear.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

I don't know about you gals (the ones w/ the skin problems), but the *texture* of my skin changes before I get a really bad breakout. It generally feels much softer than normal...and warmer too.

It's been stuck in that perpetual mode since July for me

I know I broke out again because I gained weight this summer. I think the bad sunburn was just the trigger my body needed to go into full-on acne mode. And I'm like you Sophie- I've had problems with my skin since age 12.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
The one thing I'm noticing is my wrinkles are "thinning" out, meaning they seem less. Nothing different in what I'm putting on my face, either. I have to thank LC for clearing up my terrible acne problem. It's only when I eat sugar that my face breaks out now.

I am waiting to see if JUDDD will be a nice "face lift" after awhile!
This is very good news indeed!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
I don't know about you gals (the ones w/ the skin problems), but the *texture* of my skin changes before I get a really bad breakout. It generally feels much softer than normal...and warmer too.

It's been stuck in that perpetual mode since July for me

I know I broke out again because I gained weight this summer. I think the bad sunburn was just the trigger my body needed to go into full-on acne mode. And I'm like you Sophie- I've had problems with my skin since age 12.
Emky, it sounds like the sunburn brought on inflammation and then the breakouts. The weight gain (and the metabolic upset as a result) kept the inflammation going.

I haven't really noticed the feel and temperature of my skin changing before breakouts (but that could be because it's been so long since I haven't had a breakout!) but again, that heat you feel might be inflammation in the skin.

JUDDD is supposed to help calm inflammation I hope you notice a difference soon. I've been JUDDDg 2 weeks now.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 10-26-2011 at 12:27 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
One thing I've noticed all through LC'g is that if I overdo the wine, I wake up with pimples. A couple glasses seems OK, but if I go over that like I did last night and have 3, I ended up not sleeping well the first part of the night and woke up with a few pimples. They are small, but still... I know for sure I can't overindulge on the wine and get less sleep and expect to be clear.
FUNNY!! The very *first* time I ever had wine (I was 16 or 17 and had only a glass...wow did I think I was a *bad* girl) I woke up with pimples!
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Oh, wth- here's my skin in its current condition

We'll see if it improves. I'm so, so, SO sick of having to wear high-neck shirts. I have three of them I rotate b/c I'm too broke to buy anything new.

eta- it's actually more red and irritated looking irl.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Skin.jpg (9.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by emky; 10-26-2011 at 12:25 PM..
Old 10-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
I started breaking out like around 12 years old, if not sooner! Had cystic acne in teens and it went away on most bcp's I took. But when I went off them in my mid-20s - UGH!!! It was like I never left my teens. Bad, cystic acne. Went back on the pill and things were good again, and later got on Metformin and spironolactone.

In early 30s, went off the pill and skin stayed fine. Last fall as I gained weight, I started breaking out in bad cystic acne especially around my jaw & neck and it kept getting worse. Went on bcp for a few months but it didn't help. Stopped taking them. (I wasn't too thrilled about going back on them in the first place). Stopped spiro. this past winter. Didn't feel like it was helping anymore.

Started LC this summer and skin was improving but it never got completely better. Cysts were smaller and not so numerous, but I was still breaking out about half the month if not more.

Started JUDDD Oct. 12 and now I'm basically clear. This is HUGE. Went from cysts along my jaw and down onto my neck, as well as sometimes around my mouth to clear, smooth skin.

I still have post-inflammatory marks to clear up, but I can cover those as needed.

I can so totally relate to all this. I had cystic acne too. I still have adult acne. My face seems better too. One thing I do know it has alot to do with hormones too. Acne around the chin and neck has to do with menapause for me Im 50. I even took accutane in my 20's. I always say I'll probably die with a big zit one my nose lol My face is clearer now than its been in years. All those antibiotics we took for our face is not good for us. ick!
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
OH another thing I noticed on JUDD IM sleeping better! Thats HUGE!
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=Queenie324;15121034]Think hormones are wacky now wait until you begin approaching 50! [/QU

i know, right?! it sounds silly but that's what the derm told me.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

it's been never ending cycle for me as well. not to the extreme as yours (no meds or pcos or anything) but my acne has gotten much much worse the past 3-4 years, never had cystic acne before until then and now scarring too. congrats on the clearing-up, i almost get more excited about that than losing a pound!!