Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 04:16 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmarie
Stats: 325/293.8/150
WOE: low carb
Mexican restaurant on a DD! Help!

Hi all,

Today is my son's 13th birthday and he originally requested tacos for dinner. Today is a DD for me, so I was going to just make a salad and throw a small amount of taco meat in it for dinner, or just make myself something separate for dinner. Well now DH informs me we are going out for tacos because our schedule today is just crazy, and he doesn't want me to stress out rushing home from work and cooking. Today is also my granddaughter's 4th birthday, so she and my oldest will be coming over for cake and ice cream after dinner (she is having a birthday dinner with her parents).

So, I need some ideas for what to eat at a mexican restaurant that is low calorie! I am going to fast all day and even drink my coffee black so I have 500-540 calories to spend at dinner.

Kim
kimmarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 05:09 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
Hey girl!

I would so turn this into an UD! It is not as rigid as all that...make your DD tomorrow and enjoy your son's and granddaughter's birthdays!

This is the only time that they will ever turn 13 and 4. Enjoy your time out at the restaurant and make the focus on him and not your food!

That is what is so great about JUDDD....there is no reason you can't flip your schedule around...or even make it a medium day if you don't want 2 UDs in a row.

Have a wonderful special day celebration
Old 10-25-2011, 06:42 AM   #3
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Maybe get the grilled chicken breast on a basic lettuce and tomato salad and ask for vinegar on the side (or dress it with salsa).
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
That is what is so great about JUDDD....there is no reason you can't flip your schedule around...or even make it a medium day if you don't want 2 UDs in a row.
I totally agree with this; make it an UD or a MD!
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Maybe red salsa on a grilled chicken salad, guac, cheese, and sour cream on the side??

Or else, a bowl of tortilla soup, tortillas, cheese, avocado and sour cream on the side?

With fasting till dinner you should be ok on alot of stuff.

You could also do grilled chicken topped with onion, peppers, and chiles, mushrooms with a side salad and get away with some salsa on the salad and maybe 1/8th of an avocado. Should be doable! Have fun!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I would really consider making it an UD or at least a MD and enjoy tacos with your family and some cake later.

If you decide against that, there were some good ideas posted about chicken, salad, salsa, etc. I did a bday celebration on a DD by taking very small portions of some of the "regular" foods and having a sliver of cake and a small scoop of frozen yogurt. It's doable, but just consider making it a full-food day of enjoyment too

Happy bday to your son and gdaughter
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I'd make it a MD.

But if you really want to do DD, I'd go with grilled chicken or beef, like a fajita, with only the meat and veggies and salsa. No rice, sour cream, guac, or beans.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
KOO
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Order two chicken tacos, no cheese and dump them out onto your plate and eat with a little salsa
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. You all are a great help I ended up ordering a taco salad with shredded chicken breast instead of ground beef, no sour cream, no guacamole. Basically, it was lettuce, tomato, onion, chicken, about 2 T of shredded cheese, and I did eat about 2 T of the beans. Did not eat the shell, of course. I used salsa as dressing. The whole thing was quite small, I would be suprised if it came in at even 500 calories. I did not have cake or ice cream, but that is OK. I enjoyed watching the kids open their gifts and enjoy their food. It was a good DD.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

The reason I didn't want to make this an UD is that I am going on a long scrapbooking weekend starting thursday evening (also another DD, will fast until dinner). The owners of the place we go cook for us like crazy all weekend, but that doesn't start until friday night. So I figured I could make friday a MD, saturday an UD, and sunday a DD as we leave at noon after breakfast. I am just trying to balance it all out.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #11

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmarie View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. You all are a great help I ended up ordering a taco salad with shredded chicken breast instead of ground beef, no sour cream, no guacamole. Basically, it was lettuce, tomato, onion, chicken, about 2 T of shredded cheese, and I did eat about 2 T of the beans. Did not eat the shell, of course. I used salsa as dressing. The whole thing was quite small, I would be suprised if it came in at even 500 calories. I did not have cake or ice cream, but that is OK. I enjoyed watching the kids open their gifts and enjoy their food. It was a good DD.
Kim,

WTG!! Good for you! Enjoy your UP day tomorrow .
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
The reason I didn't want to make this an UD is that I am going on a long scrapbooking weekend starting thursday evening (also another DD, will fast until dinner). The owners of the place we go cook for us like crazy all weekend, but that doesn't start until friday night. So I figured I could make friday a MD, saturday an UD, and sunday a DD as we leave at noon after breakfast. I am just trying to balance it all out.
Cool!! Enjoy that weekend, sounds great! And congrats on pulling a great DD today! You're JUDDD!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #13

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
You are workin' the JUDDD!

This is one of the absolute marvels of this plan.. the ability to plan out in advance the days we want to be on a *diet* for some weight loss and the days we don't care to be, thank you very much!

Sounds like you had a fun DD, and I'm sending wishes for wonderful coming years for your son and GD.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:25 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
A scrapbooking w/e will be wonderful! I scrapbook too, have done so for years! Started off paper, but now fully digital... so much cheaper! It's a great hobby... What kind of scrapbooking do you do?

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:59 AM   #15
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Kim way to go on a successful navigation!!!

I would make a suggestion to you though...I would make today an UD and Thursday a MD, that way you could make Friday and Sunday UDs. If you needed to, you could make Saturday a MD. Then come back and Monday would be a DD.

Just a suggestion. I know you will do fabulously well and it sounds like such a wonderful weekend!!!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:14 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Jo,
I still use paper, but I do have a digital program. The only thing I have used it for so far is family cookbooks (that I printed out) and an album of my dog

Pooticus, I may try your suggestion. The food that these ladies make is to die for!