Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn1225
Stats: 255/175/145
WOE: Was LC'ing, now JUDDD Newbie
Couple questions =)

My LC diet is kicking me to the curb and I was wondering if I could get a little bit more explaination of the JUDDD diet.

First I'm assuming that you can't go absolutely crazy on UDs, even if you stay in your calorie limit right? (that would just be too good to be true otherwise lol)

Do I have to go drastic on DDs or can I just eat nothing but veggies all day and still be ok? I love veggies so a big steamy bowl of broccoli for dinner sounds just peachy to me .

Ugh I had more questions but it's almost 1230 and my brain is shutting down. lol Thanks for any help .
Jenn1225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bosco0633
WOE: atkins induction
I spent the entire day reading the book and this board. Not sure if I really needed the book as this site was very informative. A few things that I have read about that I will do and try

1. Figure out your calorie intake. I did it on the JUDDD website. Calorie count seemed a little high. I am looking at 2400 cal. May do 2000 and 500 on DD

2. The book suggests that for the first 2 weeks you should only take 500 cal on DD and only consume diet bars or drinks on these days. It wil keep you restrictive. So I have meal replacement shakes ready to go.

3. On an UD I will try to eat to 2000 to prevent starvation mode. Some measure some eat to satisfied. I am tempted to loosely count. Don't want to get all obsessive, however I only need to lose 15lbs now so not so worried.

That's all I am worrying about for now as I start and learn I may mix things up. I love the idea of discipline on an open style diet. As many like to call diests a WOE I really think of it as a diet. You can follow a diet for a long period of time but you will only succeed if you play by the rules. We are over weight, bad eaters that's why we are doing all this stuff. We are always looking for that magic woe that will change the way we do business.

This JUDDD seems alright it may just work. Calorie restriction is the oldest form of dieting. Restrict your calorie intake by 3500 a week and you will lose a pound. JUDDD to me is just a new way of counting calories. It trains you to learn not to eat on impulse and rewards you for following a strict count every other day. So it will keep you focused

So with all that said I begin day 1 DD.

Here goes nothing!!!
bosco0633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1225 View Post
My LC diet is kicking me to the curb and I was wondering if I could get a little bit more explaination of the JUDDD diet.

First I'm assuming that you can't go absolutely crazy on UDs, even if you stay in your calorie limit right? (that would just be too good to be true otherwise lol)

Do I have to go drastic on DDs or can I just eat nothing but veggies all day and still be ok? I love veggies so a big steamy bowl of broccoli for dinner sounds just peachy to me .

Ugh I had more questions but it's almost 1230 and my brain is shutting down. lol Thanks for any help .
Hi Jenn! Nice to meet you.

You can do JUDDD and just eat Twinkies (I guess there was some guy that did that and lost weight, lol) or you can do JUDDD and eat Atkins, LC, veggie, or any other way you want. That's what makes JUDDD "too good to be true"!! As long as you don't go over your calories, what you eat on your UD is up to you. There is not list of good or bad foods or restricted or off-limits foods. JUDDD is about cycling whatever calories you eat.

One day you have an up day (UD) and eat up to your calorie limit. For example, mine is 1,800 calories. On a down day (DD), you eat around 500 calories, but some eat less, some are able to eat many more than that. There is a JUDDD calculator that gives you a good idea of your UD/DD limits, but some of us have tweaked it to better suit our needs if we were losing too much or not enough.

You can eat veggies on DD, they are generally low calorie. Look around the forum, we have lots of ideas for stretching the DD calories to get the most bang
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 10-25-2011 at 08:11 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post
I spent the entire day reading the book and this board. Not sure if I really needed the book as this site was very informative. A few things that I have read about that I will do and try

1. Figure out your calorie intake. I did it on the JUDDD website. Calorie count seemed a little high. I am looking at 2400 cal. May do 2000 and 500 on DD

2. The book suggests that for the first 2 weeks you should only take 500 cal on DD and only consume diet bars or drinks on these days. It wil keep you restrictive. So I have meal replacement shakes ready to go.

3. On an UD I will try to eat to 2000 to prevent starvation mode. Some measure some eat to satisfied. I am tempted to loosely count. Don't want to get all obsessive, however I only need to lose 15lbs now so not so worried.

That's all I am worrying about for now as I start and learn I may mix things up. I love the idea of discipline on an open style diet. As many like to call diests a WOE I really think of it as a diet. You can follow a diet for a long period of time but you will only succeed if you play by the rules. We are over weight, bad eaters that's why we are doing all this stuff. We are always looking for that magic woe that will change the way we do business.

This JUDDD seems alright it may just work. Calorie restriction is the oldest form of dieting. Restrict your calorie intake by 3500 a week and you will lose a pound. JUDDD to me is just a new way of counting calories. It trains you to learn not to eat on impulse and rewards you for following a strict count every other day. So it will keep you focused

So with all that said I begin day 1 DD.

Here goes nothing!!!
Good luck on that first DD! Let us know how it's going
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Good luck on the first DD...and let me tell you, they get easier than that first one!
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
My thought is that you don't have to just use shakes and bars if you know how to count and measure.

The premise is that the plan wants you to make sure you don't go over 500. There are so many foods lower in calorie, more nutritious and more filling than shakes and bars.

I am down 4 lbs in 5 days (and 2 of those days my UD calories were too high)...and I have never eaten a shake or bar. It is up to you...

Some people are even doing well on 600 or 700 calories for DD...they never even made it down to 500

My DD are about 400
Old 10-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Here you go!!!

WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote