Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I made it through surgery and I'm home! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/742786-i-made-through-surgery-im-home.html)

darlingnikki 10-24-2011 08:00 PM

I made it through surgery and I'm home!

Hello all I am so glad to be home and feeling more like myself.
I had my hysterectomy on Wed, and have been home since Saturday and am now just starting to come out of the fog now. I have not been on any plan whatsoever as pain meds and nausea have pretty much ruled my body but am looking forward to getting back on JUDDD asap, starting with a DD tomorrow. I will not go down to as low calorie as before right away (348) but will get down there gradually while focusing on high protein and nutritionally dense fruits and veggies.
I am not stepping any where near that scale until a week from Friday as I'm sure with surgical swelling plus the carbs I choked back in the hospital what I see will spiral me right into dangerous territory. So healing, back on plan, nutrition nutrition nutrition, and scale avoidance are my immediate steps.
Glad to be home. I'm on bed rest for a while so you may see alot of me in your near future!
Nikki.:hugs:

Debrat3 10-24-2011 08:02 PM

Welcome Home! Hope you have a speedy recovery:hugs:

sophiethecat 10-24-2011 08:04 PM

Welcome home, Nikki!! :jumpjoy: Great to have an update on you - sounds like things went well and you're on the road to recovery. :hugs:

paulabob 10-24-2011 08:05 PM

Glad to hear you are doing well!

SoHappy 10-24-2011 08:11 PM

We've been waiting for your return and for this very post! It's wonderful to hear from you and to know that you are over the worst of it now and gaining strength and more of an interest in life again. :laugh:

Just in the short time you've been away this place has exploded with lots of new JUDDD BUDDDs joining us here, and lots of weight loss taking place for many. It's always exciting here, but seems to just be getting more so!

Glad to hear from you, and I'll look forward to your posts again now. :hugs:

Beeb 10-24-2011 08:18 PM

:welcome: BACK!!! You were missed and so good to see you are doing well! :jumpjoy::hugs:

lcklass 10-24-2011 08:37 PM

Hi! I'm new, but wanted to say I hope your recovery is an uneventful as mine was. I had a TAH/BSO (hip to hip incision, which is quite big considering my size, lol) in 2005, was driving at 2 weeks and back to work at 4 weeks (part time). Although I wasn't focusing on dieting at that time - I know I gained about 15 pounds trying to get the hormones back in line. So don't get discouraged if you find things are a bit different because of that! Just walk as much as you can each day, that truly makes the recovery so much quicker!!! A few times around the house, twice a day, truly makes a huge difference.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Bonnie

Cruzcrzy 10-25-2011 03:53 AM

Nikki,

it's great to hear from you! Wishing you a good recovery. You have the right idea with nutrition FIRST, and then you will worry about the rest later. I hope when it all settles you will be pleasantly surprised with the scale.

E.W. 10-25-2011 03:55 AM

Glad to see you back home and doing well. As a man I can second what Bonnie said
about walking. I had a double hernia repair a couple of years ago which ment 2 6"
incesions down there and walking sure helped the pain. I even got stopped by a cop
when I was out for a little walk at 3 am.

kimmarie 10-25-2011 04:24 AM

Hope you have a speedy recovery! Don't get on the scale for a while as your are most certainly carrying extra water from the IV fluids, carbs, etc.

tiva 10-25-2011 05:54 AM

Good luck! I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Check with your doctor or nurse about when you can start walking--it helped tremendously with my hysterectomy recovery.

addict1000 10-25-2011 08:16 AM

:hugs:Best wishes for a super speedy recovery!

stardustshadow 10-25-2011 08:34 AM

I'm new to JUDDD (but not the boards!) so you probably haven't seen me on here, but congrats on having a successful surgery, and I hope you are recovered soon and feeling great!

pooticus 10-25-2011 09:33 AM

Hi Nikki :welcome: Welcome Home!!! So glad things went well and you are on the road to recovery!!!!! I felt better immediately upon having my hyst and now wished I hadn't waited so long!!!

Joedi 10-25-2011 09:48 AM

Hi Nikki!
Welcome back!
Bet you are so pleased to be back in your own home, and in your own bed....and eating your own food too!
Glad everything went well for you...take extra good care of yourself hun!
hugs
Jo
x

SoHappy 10-25-2011 12:21 PM

Don't know if you're online right now or not... just wondering how you are feeling as the day passes. Thinking of you.

1annewil 10-25-2011 12:33 PM

Take it easy and let others do for you. Your body needs r & r. I have really enjoyed life after my hysterectomy-no more monthly migraines. God bless.

darlingnikki 10-25-2011 01:06 PM

thank you everyone for your good wishes!
One day at a time, nutrition, rest and healing (and the support of good people)
hugs
Nikki

pooticus 10-25-2011 02:15 PM

Nikki, I can't believe how different you look in your photos! Girl, you were always pretty, but dang! You are smokin' in your latest avi! Congrats to you hon! :hugs:

darlingnikki 10-25-2011 02:27 PM

Aww thanx!!

pooticus 10-25-2011 02:52 PM

Go for it! You look marvelous!

LuvLatte 10-25-2011 03:12 PM

Welcome home Nikki! Take care of your body first!