Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joflora View Post
It went up 6lbs. I am thinking I am going to have to start lc and gradually add in fruits.
It's only water weight. If and when you eat more carbs, it comes back.. either right off the bat, or bit by bit, but one way or another, if you eat carbs, you will gain some water weight.

But.. that's all it is. It isn't fat, it only shows as a scale number, and regardless of this regain of water, your fat will continue to melt off.

If you don't panic about this and just keep going, your over-sensitivity will diminish, I'm pretty darned sure, and your weight will come back down again. And then you will be happy about being able to eat more carbs AND lose weight at the same time.

Don't panic! Hang in there!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #122
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by joflora View Post
It went up 6lbs. I am thinking I am going to have to start lc and gradually add in fruits.
If you can put away the scale, give JUDDD a shot for a couple weeks. Give it a real whirl.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:55 AM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Hi all,

I just posted on another thread...

That I completed my first DD. I need to write out my foods calorie wise, so that my UD will be successful. I need to weigh too and then won't do so again for several days..

Have a great day all..
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:44 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Good Morning JUDDDers!

Hi Wasted! You and me had our DD the same day. I did weigh in and I'm the same weight. I'll heed (Pat) SoHappy's words and not be too disappointed. Eating low carb for 10 years (albeit, on and off) has my body readjusting, I'm sure. How was your 1st down day and what things did you eat? I admit mine had some rough spots throughout the day and I went to bed hungry even though I timed my meals from 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 at my hungriest time.

I ordered Dr. Johnon's book because I need to read the science and health benefits on my DD to keep me motivated.

They also have a Kindle book called The Alternative Day Diet - recipes for up days and down days for $2.99 from Amazon. I might get this.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:12 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Good Morning JUDDDers!

Hi Wasted! You and me had our DD the same day. I did weigh in and I'm the same weight. I'll heed (Pat) SoHappy's words and not be too disappointed. Eating low carb for 10 years (albeit, on and off) has my body readjusting, I'm sure. How was your 1st down day and what things did you eat? I admit mine had some rough spots throughout the day and I went to bed hungry even though I timed my meals from 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 at my hungriest time.

I ordered Dr. Johnon's book because I need to read the science and health benefits on my DD to keep me motivated.

They also have a Kindle book called The Alternative Day Diet - recipes for up days and down days for $2.99 from Amazon. I might get this.
You can go to the website and read the information there too. If you Google JUDDD, that will take you there. Not much of anything in the book that isn't on the website for free, except a bunch of recipes, and trust me... we have better and more recipes here. LOL

Just posting this in case any of you would rather save the money, although the cost is very little. But just wanted you to know that you can read the info for free.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:12 AM   #126
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Linda!!

Gee, i would kill just to be at your starting weight..

Anyway, yesterday my first DD went fairly okay. It was smooth sailing until....while at work, i picked a magazine and it was loaded full of mouth watering holiday recipes ... I instantly began to yearn for those things ( I call it *head hunger*, cause physically i was not truly hungry)

Anyway, after a nano second of drooling, i told myself that I Could have any of those items, but just NOT today and to my surprise that brief self talk got me through and the desire was gone. I gotta be mighty wimpy if I can not get through even one DD day without giving in to what i *think* I want... I'm not a spoiled 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum, no,..I'm a mature self sufficient adult...I can wait!!...that "Whatever" is only a day away..

OK, food wise...On my DD
in the morning, I had decaf coffee x 2 cups, mid morning was 1 Atkins shake ( 160 cals each), throughout the remainder of the day i consumed another shake and 3 bowls of home made veggie soup. I drank Lots of water and a cup of tea. While at work i had a can of diet Pepsi and more water.. I estimate my total calories to be close to 500. Perhaps a little less, but not much..

I weighed earlier and I've lost a good 10 lbs over the last two weeks, but I was also back to strict LC-ing, so can't really attribute it to JUDDD...just yet...I now have an official starting weight with JUDDD though, so we will see...

Ask~~~.Believe~~~Receive....

*Look* *Speak* *Act* ...in the direction you want to go, be or do...
Old 10-28-2011, 06:28 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 142/119.6/115
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 2014
So guess what just came to me....... I can do JUDDD and P3 together! DUH!! Why did I not think of this earlier. I will just eat those P3 foods and do my UP and DD with JUDDD for three weeks before adding in those oh so delicious make you wanna slap your mama carbs.
Idreamofweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:34 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Quick Question gals. I used the free dieting webstie caculators. The figures were 1431 for maintenace 1131 for fat loss and 933 for extreme fat loss. What figures do I use? I said no exercise since I have not been working out at all.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:42 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great Post Wasted!

Thanks for the compliment but it's a struggle since my 40's not to gain a solid pound a year even low carbing most of the time. When I was 50 - I was up to 150 so I went lower carb in July w/Atkins '72 and lost 3 lbs quickly but stalled out. It's been a frustrating journey. I joined the gym 3 weeks ago and going 3-4 times a week and still no weight loss and I gained a few inches to boot. So, I decided to try this WOE. I got plain tired of the same food and was afraid to go move up the carb ladder. If this WOE doesn't work, I will have to. Eating meat,cheese,nuts, salads is not what I want to do for life. I was only in ketosis for a week or so and then not. There may be something to what I've been hearing that our bodies can turn protein into glucose anyway.

Pat: Thanks and I have been reading his website but I guess I need more words Perhaps having the book in front of the computer will help me stay focused on the end result. A psychological thing for me, I guess.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:47 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
After one down day and one up day, I'm down 3 pounds! Started at 118.6 and now down to 115.6.

But I'm already messing up! I set my DD calories to 500 and my UD calories to 1500. I only made it to 450 and 1175 calories on those days. I really need to force myself to eat up to my numbers. Today is a down day and I'm worried I'll feel yucky again like on my very first DD.

I think I just want to lose about 5 more pounds and then try to keep doing Judd for maintenance. I assume to do that I'll just increase my up day calories to 2000 or more instead of 1500, and keep by calories at 500 for the down days.

I've been still eating low carb pretty much but I'll definitely eat more sinfully soon!
Old 10-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
After one down day and one up day, I'm down 3 pounds! Started at 118.6 and now down to 115.6.

But I'm already messing up! I set my DD calories to 500 and my UD calories to 1500. I only made it to 450 and 1175 calories on those days. I really need to force myself to eat up to my numbers. Today is a down day and I'm worried I'll feel yucky again like on my very first DD.

I think I just want to lose about 5 more pounds and then try to keep doing Judd for maintenance. I assume to do that I'll just increase my up day calories to 2000 or more instead of 1500, and keep by calories at 500 for the down days.

I've been still eating low carb pretty much but I'll definitely eat more sinfully soon!
Hi Julie! Woo-Hoo on your weight loss!
Yeah, my first day was an UD and I ate 1500 calories and my down day was 500 calories. I wished I would have ate closer to 2000 yesterday on my down day. I ate to satisfation on my UD but I could have squeezed in a small quantity of high calorie foods. You don't have far to go for your goal! Sounds like you'll make it in a few short days!
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss View Post
Quick Question gals. I used the free dieting webstie caculators. The figures were 1431 for maintenace 1131 for fat loss and 933 for extreme fat loss. What figures do I use? I said no exercise since I have not been working out at all.
From what I've read, use your maintenance number, so 1431. How tall are you? We are similar in weight and I'm using 1500 and 500 for my calories. Nice and simple numbers and if I need a middle day, it's a straight 1000. I'll be upping my numbers soon so I don't get too skinny!
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastednuffime View Post
Hi Linda!!

Gee, i would kill just to be at your starting weight..

Anyway, yesterday my first DD went fairly okay. It was smooth sailing until....while at work, i picked a magazine and it was loaded full of mouth watering holiday recipes ... I instantly began to yearn for those things ( I call it *head hunger*, cause physically i was not truly hungry)

Anyway, after a nano second of drooling, i told myself that I Could have any of those items, but just NOT today and to my surprise that brief self talk got me through and the desire was gone. I gotta be mighty wimpy if I can not get through even one DD day without giving in to what i *think* I want... I'm not a spoiled 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum, no,..I'm a mature self sufficient adult...I can wait!!...that "Whatever" is only a day away..

OK, food wise...On my DD
in the morning, I had decaf coffee x 2 cups, mid morning was 1 Atkins shake ( 160 cals each), throughout the remainder of the day i consumed another shake and 3 bowls of home made veggie soup. I drank Lots of water and a cup of tea. While at work i had a can of diet Pepsi and more water.. I estimate my total calories to be close to 500. Perhaps a little less, but not much..

I weighed earlier and I've lost a good 10 lbs over the last two weeks, but I was also back to strict LC-ing, so can't really attribute it to JUDDD...just yet...I now have an official starting weight with JUDDD though, so we will see...
Anna, you have the right idea in talking to yourself that you can have it, just not today. That's so relieving, isn't it?
Veggie soup is one of the best DD items you can have, especially since the weather is turning now. I have some in the fridge most of the time.
Glad you found an official starting weight, and down down down we go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofweightloss View Post
So guess what just came to me....... I can do JUDDD and P3 together! DUH!! Why did I not think of this earlier. I will just eat those P3 foods and do my UP and DD with JUDDD for three weeks before adding in those oh so delicious make you wanna slap your mama carbs.
I am still laughing at ^^^^

Too dang cute!!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
After one down day and one up day, I'm down 3 pounds!
Congrats, Julie!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Linda. We'll get it figured out.

I've been eating more carbs the last few weeks- yougurt, delightful 45 calorie bread (love toast), low carb pita's etc. But I am so looking forward to my first bag of hot cheetos!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Are you guys making your own vegetable soup? i'm going to look for a recipe. I've never made soup in my life!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:11 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
From what I've read, use your maintenance number, so 1431. How tall are you? We are similar in weight and I'm using 1500 and 500 for my calories. Nice and simple numbers and if I need a middle day, it's a straight 1000. I'll be upping my numbers soon so I don't get too skinny!
I am 5'0''.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Are you guys making your own vegetable soup? i'm going to look for a recipe. I've never made soup in my life!
easy-peasy...

Just throw some chopped veggies , Whatever ya happen to have...( I used cabbage, spinach, peppers, onions, etc..) opened a can of tomatoes, added some spices and chicken broth and let simmer...

Its amazing just how good this taste on a DD!!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
easy-peasy...

Just throw some chopped veggies , Whatever ya happen to have...( I used cabbage, spinach, peppers, onions, etc..) opened a can of tomatoes, added some spices and chicken broth and let simmer...

What brand of broth do you use, Anna?!

I mistakenly got the low fat, but not the low sodium, and I paid for it the next day on the scale. I didn't let it bother me too much though because I knew it was H20.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
What brand of broth do you use, Anna?!

I mistakenly got the low fat, but not the low sodium, and I paid for it the next day on the scale. I didn't let it bother me too much though because I knew it was H20.
Someone (I think it was Dottie) brought it to our attention that Kroger is having their brand of beef culinary stock on sale this week. I picked up a carton. It's only 5 calories per cup!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:

It's amazing how good EVERYTHING tastes on a DD. My DH made a sauteed chicken breast last night for my DD dinner, and I kept raving how good it was. He just rolled his eyes... it was flavored with a bit of Worcestershire sauce, that's all. He said "it's okay, but you just think it's terrific because you're so hungry".

I couldn't disagree with him.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #142
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
It's amazing how good EVERYTHING tastes on a DD. My DH made a sauteed chicken breast last night for my DD dinner, and I kept raving how good it was. He just rolled his eyes... it was flavored with a bit of Worcestershire sauce, that's all. He said "it's okay, but you just think it's terrific because you're so hungry".

They say hunger is the best seasoning!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #143
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
And I have to add, food smells W O N D E R F U L on down days! Even tuna!
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post

SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote