Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   So what do YOU love about DDs? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/742655-so-what-do-you-love-about-dds.html)

LaurieKeren 10-24-2011 06:59 AM

So what do YOU love about DDs?

I think UDs are easy to love, lol. We all love the good food!

But, what do you love about the DDs? I have found that I have a lot of energy on my DDs! I am more likely to walk the dog, and just get stuff done. I'll admit that there are certain moments of difficulty during the DDs. Usually the hardest is dinner time, when I'm hungry and the non-JUDDDers in the house want real food (darn those kids!), lol. But once I get past that, I'm hopping again!

I pigged out yesterday (UD), and then I had to take the dog for a walk, and I didn't enjoy it at all! I felt so full and sluggish. Yeah, I overdid the eating. I don't quite feel that bad if I keep it under control, lol. But, in contrast, I'm always surprised at how fun and easy the walk is on my DDs, when common wisdom would say that I should be hungry and tired from not eating very much (gotta "keep up that metabolism!").

dazygyrl 10-24-2011 07:05 AM

i love the control over food that i feel on DD's. i love how they force me to better my self-control. kinda of like, SEE! i am capable of NOT putting that in my mouth! i like the empty, clean feeling after an indulgent UD.

SoHappy 10-24-2011 08:10 AM

I love knowing that my DD is what is bringing on my weight loss! (Or continuing my maintenance.) I totally love that this day is actually helping me become skinny.

I have come to truly enjoy that lean flat belly feeling of DDs, and look forward to that. My jeans fit sleeker across the belly. At the end of the day, my gut is still flat.

I love that I'm actually saving money on my grocery bill. Because I eat so little every other day, I literally save money from not going through so much food! I actually have to pay more attention to what is in the refrigerator, because everything in there is hanging around longer.

I love that DDs let my body rest, repair, readjust to more normal human levels.. that DDs have served to allow me the pleasure of UDs, while at the same time bringing any eating compulsions and appetites under control, so that I rarely have any out of control days in my life anymore.

LaurieKeren 10-24-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazygyrl (Post 15116149)
i love the control over food that i feel on DD's. i love how they force me to better my self-control. kinda of like, SEE! i am capable of NOT putting that in my mouth! i like the empty, clean feeling after an indulgent UD.

I have always felt out of control when it comes to food! I like knowing that I can handle the hunger. It is a "superpower" that I never knew I had before low carb and JUDDD!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15116412)
I love knowing that my DD is what is bringing on my weight loss! (Or continuing my maintenance.) I totally love that this day is actually helping me become skinny.

I have come to truly enjoy that lean flat belly feeling of DDs, and look forward to that. My jeans fit sleeker across the belly. At the end of the day, my gut is still flat.

I love that I'm actually saving money on my grocery bill. Because I eat so little every other day, I literally save money from not going through so much food! I actually have to pay more attention to what is in the refrigerator, because everything in there is hanging around longer.

I love that DDs let my body rest, repair, readjust to more normal human levels.. that DDs have served to allow me the pleasure of UDs, while at the same time bringing any eating compulsions and appetites under control, so that I rarely have any out of control days in my life anymore.

LOL, my belly is so soft and squishy right now...I'm just waiting for the day when it resembles some sort of flat...sigh... :hyst:

I'm starting to really see the value in that DD rest and repair time. I think it makes a lot of sense!

addict1000 10-24-2011 12:24 PM

in addition to what is said above....

I love the challenge. I love the puzzle of figuring out how much I can eat and enjoy under 500 total calories for the day.

The more I eat and enjoy ....I feel like I am beating the system!

Beeb 10-25-2011 07:31 PM

The simplicity of DDs and not thinking about FOOD all the time!! :jumpjoy:

Sissiesue 10-25-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeb (Post 15121970)
The simplicity of DDs and not thinking about FOOD all the time!! :jumpjoy:

Tell me about it! I don't even have to worry about packing a lunch tomorrow. (I am taking some bullion cubes, though, in case I want something salty). :clap:

So far, I've felt better on the DD than the UD. Of course, this is only day 2 for me, so maybe this is just an aberration. . .