Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's MONDAY - what are you eating? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/742612-its-monday-what-you-eating.html)

sophiethecat 10-23-2011 09:24 PM

It's MONDAY - what are you eating?

It will either be a MD or DD for me, just depends on how it goes because I'm visiting family today and then in the evening have things going on that will make for a long day.

I know I will start the day off with lots of good black coffee! :D

fleur 10-23-2011 09:46 PM

Hi, Sophie,

I think I know what a MD is, but what's a DD? Congratulations on your weigh loss.

I am starting week 2 of my WOE tomorrow and am planning on trying one of the chicken enchilada recipes from the book that goes with my plan. I am pretty addicted to Clemmy's ice cream (sugar free and made with cream, not milk) so that will probably be in there sometime tomorrow, too. The chocolate peanut butter is my favorite of the ones they carry at my local store.

Hope your busy day goes well for you tomorrow.

Pat

Joedi 10-24-2011 02:39 AM

DD for me today...and I am with you on the coffee! I have mine with a little coffee mate... Just can't get away with it black.

Oatmeal for breakkie, shirataki noodles for lunch, salad for tea, and I am sure there will be a DD muffin and some gluc pud in there somewhere to!
Will post a proper menu later!

Have a good day, everyone!
Hugs
Jo
X

winnies_mom 10-24-2011 04:35 AM

DD - coffee and cream (a couple or 3)
curried veg soup
ww veg soup
(gotta get the veg in)

paulabob 10-24-2011 04:46 AM

Will be having fish for lunch, with at tablespoon of parm crusted on top, and red leaf lettuce salad. Coconut oil "snack". Probably my version of deviled eggs for supper, with tuna replacing most of the yolks.

I don't do coffee, but I will drink hot cocoa with 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil - tends to cut the hunger midmorning and afternoon. Loving the cooler weather!

addict1000 10-24-2011 04:54 AM

UD for me

I have no idea. My brain is already on tomorrow's DD

The only thing I know that I am eating is a grilled cheese sandwich on Ezekial bread.
(one of my favorites)

I think I may just make a favorites list of things I have not had in years....and have one for each UD :)

Gonna also have some pulled pork and spinach salad now that I am thinking about it.
Gotta hit the store for regular Ranch dressing.

Lost almost another lb last night :clap:

laceymichelle 10-24-2011 05:09 AM

Ok thanks for the advice sohappy! I'm following what u said although for some reason having an UD today doesn't sound appealing to me. I wanted to stick with vlcal because I think I will lose faster. I understand the science behind this diet tho and will follow ;)

Up day here!
I'll post my menu later. Have no idea right now except low carb;)

Dottie 10-24-2011 06:42 AM

Down day for me:
B: coffee w/almond milk; 2 egg whites, microwaved w/salt and pepper
D: 2 cups cauliflower grated as rice, cooked w/1tsp evoo, 1 egg white, 3oz shrimp, 2 tsp coconut aminos, cilantro, 1 shredded baby carrot and red pepper flakes(recipe added to the recipe thread)
S: 4oz 93% lean ground beef w/2 cups chopped cabbage and 1/2cup rotel tomatoes
494cals; 26g carbs; 11g fiber; 53g protein

sophiethecat 10-24-2011 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleur (Post 15115428)
Hi, Sophie,

I think I know what a MD is, but what's a DD? Congratulations on your weigh loss.

I am starting week 2 of my WOE tomorrow and am planning on trying one of the chicken enchilada recipes from the book that goes with my plan. I am pretty addicted to Clemmy's ice cream (sugar free and made with cream, not milk) so that will probably be in there sometime tomorrow, too. The chocolate peanut butter is my favorite of the ones they carry at my local store.

Hope your busy day goes well for you tomorrow.

Pat

Hi Fleur, :hiya: a DD is a "down day" when we eat low calories as part of the JUDDD cycle of UD (up days) and DD.

lcklass 10-24-2011 07:34 AM

My first DD for me (officially) - and am going to try and keep as close to 500 as I can. Been eating around 800 during the week prior to discovering JUDDD over the weekend ;)

Br: coffee/2T h&h/davinci (80 cal);
Sn: Protein shake (130 cal)
Ln: Turkey veg soup (150 cal)
Dn: Salad with 3 oz turkey (170 cal)

Can you tell I roasted a turkey breast yesterday? :) lol Total is 530 cal for the day, which is over my goal but I really want to keep my protein levels up hence the added turkey to my salad.

Bonnie

avecrain 10-24-2011 07:50 AM

UD here. Currently sippin on some chai tea, just finished my breakfast of yogurt, toasted almonds, blueberries, and maple syrup! I've eaten this breakfast every single UD I've been home since I started JUDDD!

No idea for the rest of the day, but I may eat something out--I'm going to see a friend I haven't seen in a while this afternoon and eating someplace fun is always great to do in that situation!

sophiethecat 10-24-2011 10:32 AM

I'm going to TRY to make this a DD despite being with family (eating at their place, their food) and having a busy evening tonight.

B - black coffee

L (about 12:15) - beef with gravy on toast
1/4 c. brown beans
1/4 c. coleslaw

Approx. 300 calories.

More calories than I usually do on a DD by this time of day, but who knows - it might work in my favor and keep me feeling fuller longer. Gonna try to hold off on eating again til between 4 and 6 p.m. Then I plan on a little snack before bed to send me off to a good night's sleep. I may go a little over on calories today (I am shooting for 500 but can go up to 600 if needed).

Hope everyone's having a good day.

addict1000 10-24-2011 11:41 AM

So I am a bad girl. I have not measured anything on my UD. I am just hoping that since I keep to meals only and no snacks...that I am going to be around 1800 cals

B coffee with HWC

L- pork rinds and LOVE dip
salad with full fat Ranch and spinach and pulled pork (my new favorite!)
1 piece Eziekial bread with Smart Balance butter (generous) and American cheese - microwaved for lazy grilled cheese --YUM makes me want to weep
1 pkg chocolate almonds 100 calories- YAY...at least I know something
60 calorie SF Jello Chocolate mousse- why do you need the real thing...so yummy-definite down day possibility ...eaten very slowly
whip cream just to make the yummy... ridiculously yummy

will also have wine today for sure!

so with that big meal..not sure what my UD evening will bring.
Going to have SF hot choc tonight with my baby boy....with marshmallows!...it is a date with my son...chocolate and cuddle time :love:

RileyWorm 10-24-2011 01:02 PM

howdy! first official UD.
b- 2 scrambled eggs with chicken sausage
s-pumpkin spice granola bar
l-4 pieces of salami and 1 serving of cashews
s-almond snickers
total so far: 1070

dinner will be stuffed mushrooms and not sure what else. my goal for the day is 1700.

planning for my dd tomorrow already also. my bag of raw almonds says for 1/4 cup (!!) there's 160 calories. that sounds like an awful lot of almonds for 160 calories. does that sound right to you guys? i love nuts and they fill me up fast so i want to incorporate them into DD since i have class so late.

so i'm thinking about:
b- 2 hardboiled eggs (180)
l- 4 pieces salami (130)
d-almonds (160)
and grapes if I need it - 1 cup for 60 cals ( i think.... have to double check)
that gives me 470 without the grapes. i like to eat snacky type things i can spread over a couple hours.

hope everyone is having a fabulous monday! :)

whoops forgot about my H/H in my coffee!! 2 tbsp is only 40 so maybe I will be able to squeeze it in - leave out an egg yolk or a piece of salami....

addict1000 10-24-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avecrain (Post 15116332)
UD here. Currently sippin on some chai tea, just finished my breakfast of yogurt, toasted almonds, blueberries, and maple syrup! I've eaten this breakfast every single UD I've been home since I started JUDDD!

No idea for the rest of the day, but I may eat something out--I'm going to see a friend I haven't seen in a while this afternoon and eating someplace fun is always great to do in that situation!

Yum that sounds like a wonderful breakfast. Enjoy your lunch out! Yay UDays!:love:

SoHappy 10-24-2011 02:19 PM

I'm having amazing appetite suppression today from my *Peppermint Oil Sniffing Experiment*, and then when I found out about making blender stuff directly into a jar, I made some ZERO calorie mango-orange gel with mango-orange 0-cal beverage and 0-cal gluc powder, so I've had a bit of that and will stop shortly and enjoy a bit more.

So, still 0 calories for the day, and not suffering the least little bit from much appetite at all.

This evening, finally, I'll eat something to nourish myself a little bit, and to enjoy my evening with a little treat.

Supper will be an egg scramble made with 4 egg whites, 2 oz green pepper, 2 oz sliced mushrooms, and 1 oz onion

Later I'll have a bowl of oatmeal made with 1/4 cup dry oats, nuked in 1/2 cup water until creamy, sprinkled with a bit of salt, 2 teaspoons of brown sugar stirred in, and a bit more sweetening with Waldan Farms 0-calorie maple pancake syrup.

****** says only 213 calories, and net carbs of 27.

betty301 10-24-2011 03:02 PM

Addict- I highly recommend even just a day or two of tracking!!

Also, I think I may have figured out a missing piece to losing fat puzzle. Aside from my crappy thyroid, I think I have been undereating.

I really really really REALLLY loooooathe counting and measuring and keeping track of cals but the last week I have. And it's SHOCKING!!

Over the last couple years I've really taken to eating intuitively. Eating when I'm hungry and stopping when comfortably full.

Well, I tallied up today's cals(even with dinner I haven't eaten yet) and I'm @ 845.

If I add 2 tbsp of PB and cheesecake I'm gonna have later, I'll only be up to 1300-1400. Granted today was not a training day.

Maybe not everyday is this low.
I will make sure to add more health fats later in the day. Fats are caloricly dense. Nuts, avacado, oils, etc.

betty301 10-24-2011 03:05 PM

So today was--

cheese+turkey bologna(little appetizer :) )

Turkey meatballs
15 oz steamed cauli
1 cup strawberries--oh berried I have missed you!!!

1 cup greek yogurt

4.5oz chicken
7oz baby carrots steamed

cheesecake later for dessert.

Hopefully that darn cheesecake will be gone by tonight if everyone has some!! lol

SoHappy 10-24-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betty301 (Post 15117779)
Addict- I highly recommend even just a day or two of tracking!!

Also, I think I may have figured out a missing piece to losing fat puzzle. Aside from my crappy thyroid, I think I have been undereating.

I really really really REALLLY loooooathe counting and measuring and keeping track of cals but the last week I have. And it's SHOCKING!!

Over the last couple years I've really taken to eating intuitively. Eating when I'm hungry and stopping when comfortably full.

Well, I tallied up today's cals(even with dinner I haven't eaten yet) and I'm @ 845.

If I add 2 tbsp of PB and cheesecake I'm gonna have later, I'll only be up to 1300-1400. Granted today was not a training day.

Maybe not everyday is this low.
I will make sure to add more health fats later in the day. Fats are caloricly dense. Nuts, avacado, oils, etc.

If you can track cals just enough, and long enough, to know better where you truly are eating, it might be a good thing for the long term. You're living your life. It'd be great if you could increase your metabolic burn rate now at the same time you are slimming down too! Woo Hoo.

Just don't want you to eat so very little on DDs, and then not a whole lot more on UDs, until finally you're not averaging much at all, and maintaining at that low calorie level successfully. Because, where do you go from there? :sad:

betty301 10-24-2011 03:30 PM

well I could probably add 100cals for unaccounted stuff
-creamer
-ketchup
-bbq sauce
-butter on carrots.

I'm fairly confident I eat more on gym days..(more protein more carbs)

SoHappy 10-24-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betty301 (Post 15117857)
well I could probably add 100cals for unaccounted stuff
-creamer
-ketchup
-bbq sauce
-butter on carrots.

I'm fairly confident I eat more on gym days..(more protein more carbs)

There you go! More calories instantly. LOL

Well, for me that would probably be an additional 100 cals easy over and above the rest, just for extra butter on carrots! :)

BroadwayBaby 10-24-2011 03:56 PM

DD for me...

Made a goulash of very lean ground turkey, spinach, cabbage, egg whites, tomatoes with chilis...calories per cup =147

Will be eating this today when I get hungry with tons of water. Looks like I can have 4 cups so probably eat 1 cup every 2 hours from 5pm to 10pm...I'm staying up at least until Midnight to get things done around the house.

RileyWorm 10-24-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addict1000 (Post 15117162)
So I am a bad girl. I have not measured anything on my UD. I am just hoping that since I keep to meals only and no snacks...that I am going to be around 1800 cals

B coffee with HWC

salad with full fat Ranch and spinach and pulled pork (my new favorite!)
1 piece Eziekial bread with Smart Balance butter (generous) and American cheese - microwaved for lazy grilled cheese --YUM makes me want to weep
1 pkg chocolate almonds 100 calories- YAY...at least I know something
60 calorie SF Jello Chocolate mousse- why do you need the real thing...so yummy-definite down day possibility ...eaten very slowly
whip cream just to make the yummy... ridiculously yummy

will also have wine today for sure!

so with that big meal..not sure what my UD evening will bring.
Going to have SF hot choc tonight with my baby boy....with marshmallows!...it is a date with my son...chocolate and cuddle time :love:

i haven't measured anything dinner related except for my tilapia - 460 cals. probably about 300 for stuffed mushrooms and maybe 50 or so for a bit of macaroni salad.
i still can't figure out how to figure cals for recipes. the mushrooms had pork sausage and neufchatel cheese. i had 4. either way, i still feel good about today.
:)

BroadwayBaby 10-24-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addict1000 (Post 15117162)
B coffee with HWC

What is LOVE dip?

RileyWorm 10-24-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bicoaster69 (Post 15118013)
What is LOVE dip?

Yes I want to know too!

kimmarie 10-24-2011 05:01 PM

UD for me, but super busy so not time to prepare what I wanted to eat.

B: 6 leftover parmesan and herb crusted chicken wings, coffee with half and half

L: 2 salmon muffins, one LC tortilla, 1 oz string cheese, carbmaster yogurt

D: 4 eggs scrambled in one T butter with about 1/2 oz sharp cheddar on top, 3 0z genoa salami and a bagel with butter

Mommie22boys 10-24-2011 05:27 PM

DD for me today.

B: coffee w/ SF creamer (34)
L: homemade turkey/bean soup (will post in recipe thread), FF hot dog w/ lite MW for dipping and a laughing cow (146)
S: diet hot cocoa (25)
S: light & fit yogurt (80)
S: SF hot apple cider (15)
D: 1 XL egg over easy w/ 1/2 slice toasted bread and light butter spread (135)

I am getting TOM now, so I've quite a headache and terrible munchies. Wahhhhh!!! Tomorrow will be four weeks on JUDDD for me and I want to get an official weight, but having TOM does not fit into my plan for tomorrow morning, TYVM!! Grrrrr...

<sigh>

Oh well. I'm gonna take a couple Advil and maybe treat myself to a SF pudding before bed. That would bring me to 495 for the day. I'm hoping I can last. (where's the nail-biting smilie when you need it??)

paulabob 10-24-2011 05:31 PM

OK, I replaced the tuna in the eggs with cottage cheese - much tastier. Plus had 2 little squares of hershy's dark chocolate. Hee hee!

630 calories, so close to where I wanted.

SoHappy 10-24-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulabob (Post 15118206)
OK, I replaced the tuna in the eggs with cottage cheese - much tastier. Plus had 2 little squares of hershy's dark chocolate. Hee hee!

630 calories, so close to where I wanted.

Are these the tuna *muffins* are more like scrambled eggs with cottage cheese in them?

addict1000 10-24-2011 05:56 PM

I am not against tracking at all. Thanks for the encouragement everyone! This will be the area where I need to learn the most. Tomorrow I am hitting Bed Bath and Beyond to get my scale (which will make it much easier I think)

I am really proud to just sticking to things! I am also not settled on my UD calorie total. I keep getting 2000+. That just doesn't seem right! I am an active person. I am moving all day long. I run a children's theater and so I am working with kids jumping around on stage etc...but I am not in an active work out program.

Help???

Okay so Love dip is a Texas thing. If you like garlic and spice you will love it :)
You can buy it premade at HEB grocery stores...but here is the recipe.

It comes out pink ...hence the name:)

2-oz container of whipped cream cheese
cup vine-ripened cluster tomatoes, chopped
tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
teaspoon tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
fresh lemon juice, to taste
cayenne pepper, to taste
white pepper, to taste
Add cream cheese, chopped tomatoes, garlic, tomato paste, and lemon juice to a food processor.
Process until smooth and creamy.
Remove from processor, fold in remaining ingredients and mix well.
Chill until ready to serve.

This is a recipe from the net. Not sure how close it is to the real thing...but it seems right with the garlic and cayenne.