Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Weight verses Inches

This morning after a down day I was expecting a loss but NOT. the funny thing is I feel smaller. TO those of you who have been doing this, do you lose inches more than pounds? I want this to work so bad and I LOVE it. I dont like the scale dictating my moods so Im hoping...
Then when I was writing down the things I ate for breakfast, my husband says... Do you think that is going to work with you having to keep track of your calories? I took it wrong and got a littled torked. He continues to say.. Well you've always said you HATE to count calories. Then I think of what Pat said about people like me who have said they'd rather be fat than count calories. But I am really loving this and I think HOW can this possibly work? I feel like Im not even dieting per say??? Its just a great feeling to beable to eat things I really like on UD and I feel like DD are just a great way to learn how to get more bang out of my buck
Anyway I guess what I really wonder if you all have had experience with inch loss being greater than weight loss?

weight 257/235/130
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
No clue here...but did want to encourage you by saying I did not seem to lose after my DD then lost 1.5 lbs after my UD
addict1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
No clue here...but did want to encourage you by saying I did not seem to lose after my DD then lost 1.5 lbs after my UD
Thanks thats good to know.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Debbie, I can almost guarantee that if you do this, if you really measure your foods and track your calories, if you really don't overeat your numbers, you will lose weight, and you will get slim. How's that?

Now here's another thing. You will get to the point where you won't have to spend nearly as much time on the measuring and calorie counting, because you will learn those foods you depend on in your diet, and you will have learned how many calories they are, and it will all go much faster. Like how quickly you learn about carbs. This is a little more detailed, but it gets easier and faster, so don't be put off that you have to count calories. It is going to be OH SO WORTH IT.

And here's the last thing. You can't count on losing weight when you expect you should, and you can't count on not having your weight pop back up when you can't even believe that could be possible. I have never known a way of dieting that has as much up and down weight fluctuation as JUDDD can have. You absolutely have to trust that it will work, despite all the craziness you may see on the scale from morning to morning.

If you have your calories set correctly and you respect those limits, you are going to be a slim lady someday. Don't panic. Don't give up hope. Don't stop trusting. If you ever run into a problem, call out for some troubleshooting help here. Lots of successful folks here who will support you and advise you, and you'll get over whatever the hump was and be on your way again.

It absolutely works. Just keep on with it! And trust!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Just agreeing with what pat is saying! Some put on after an UD, lose after a DD. Not me! I have gained after a DD, lost after an UD, vice versa, AND stayed the same for 8 whole days.
BUT if you saw my graph, it goes steadily downwards.
I would highly recommend a weightless graph, it can be very reassuring to see all the little ups and downs..... Going down overall.
Also I would recommend a planner/tracker such as ************, or ******.
We are creatures of habit, and once your fav foods are entered, it is do easy just to plan your days food, adding in meals and recipes you have created... All portioned and tracked for you.
I use ************, on my phone and my pc.. . it even has a barcode scanner to instantly add or check foods when out and about.
IMO , I will take counting cals for life, over being overweight for life!
Stick with juddd Hun, this time next year you will look back and be SO glad you did!
Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Debbie, I can almost guarantee that if you do this, if you really measure your foods and track your calories, if you really don't overeat your numbers, you will lose weight, and you will get slim. How's that?

Now here's another thing. You will get to the point where you won't have to spend nearly as much time on the measuring and calorie counting, because you will learn those foods you depend on in your diet, and you will have learned how many calories they are, and it will all go much faster. Like how quickly you learn about carbs. This is a little more detailed, but it gets easier and faster, so don't be put off that you have to count calories. It is going to be OH SO WORTH IT.

And here's the last thing. You can't count on losing weight when you expect you should, and you can't count on not having your weight pop back up when you can't even believe that could be possible. I have never known a way of dieting that has as much up and down weight fluctuation as JUDDD can have. You absolutely have to trust that it will work, despite all the craziness you may see on the scale from morning to morning.

If you have your calories set correctly and you respect those limits, you are going to be a slim lady someday. Don't panic. Don't give up hope. Don't stop trusting. If you ever run into a problem, call out for some troubleshooting help here. Lots of successful folks here who will support you and advise you, and you'll get over whatever the hump was and be on your way again.

It absolutely works. Just keep on with it! And trust!
Thanks Pat. Gosh did I sound whiny in my post? LOL No seriously I LOVE this and you can believe I am working it. I am measuring calculating and writing everything down. I am so excited to see this work. I will NOT give up!!! I feel like I have freedom finally
Old 10-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Just agreeing with what pat is saying! Some put on after an UD, lose after a DD. Not me! I have gained after a DD, lost after an UD, vice versa, AND stayed the same for 8 whole days.
BUT if you saw my graph, it goes steadily downwards.
I would highly recommend a weightless graph, it can be very reassuring to see all the little ups and downs..... Going down overall.
Also I would recommend a planner/tracker such as ************, or ******.
We are creatures of habit, and once your fav foods are entered, it is do easy just to plan your days food, adding in meals and recipes you have created... All portioned and tracked for you.
I use ************, on my phone and my pc.. . it even has a barcode scanner to instantly add or check foods when out and about.
IMO , I will take counting cals for life, over being overweight for life!
Stick with juddd Hun, this time next year you will look back and be SO glad you did!
Hugs
Jo
X
Thanks Jo I am going to look into ************ here in a bit. I have been writing everything down in a notebook and calculating that way. I have to agree with you on counting calories too. I just never thought it could be so pleasant. I am so thankful for JUDD. Its very exciting. I just need to not pay attention so much to the scale or I might go nuts. lol
Old 10-24-2011, 05:07 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
Thanks Jo I am going to look into ************ here in a bit. I have been writing everything down in a notebook and calculating that way. I have to agree with you on counting calories too. I just never thought it could be so pleasant. I am so thankful for JUDD. Its very exciting. I just need to not pay attention so much to the scale or I might go nuts. lol
Debbie, I've been losing extremely slowly - mostly due to overeating up days and some various mistakes along the way.

Nevertheless, my inches HAVE gone down almost each week when I measure, even though the weight has fluctuated a lot. You can see the trend:
9/10 130.4 - 298 5/9
9/17 129.2 - 297 1/9
9/24 131.8 - 298 (oops)
10/1 128.8 - 296 1/2
10/8 127 - 297 1/2
10/15 129.2 - 297 1/4
10/22 127.8 - 293 3/7

I am ready to stop messing around on my Up Days and stick to my planned menu. And even though it's very few pounds, I definitely have clothes that are fitting better.
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:21 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
I wanted to add one more thing - on my last round of hcg I lost 7 pounds, 4 inches during the round, and another 3 inches during maintenance, so 7 inches altogether.

So far on JUDD I've only lost 3 pounds or so, but 5 inches. So I definitely think the inch loss is a better indicator than the scale number, especially as the water fluctuations can be tremendous (with my TOM cycle I never know when it hits!).
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I wanted to add one more thing - on my last round of hcg I lost 7 pounds, 4 inches during the round, and another 3 inches during maintenance, so 7 inches altogether.

So far on JUDD I've only lost 3 pounds or so, but 5 inches. So I definitely think the inch loss is a better indicator than the scale number, especially as the water fluctuations can be tremendous (with my TOM cycle I never know when it hits!).
I'm so glad you posted this, Paula. Thanks.

This is a good thing to know and remember for many who pin so much on the scale read-out each morning.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Well I am hoping this will be the case for me, because I wasnt down again this morning. Im not panicking but I am thinking about lowering my UD calories just a tad to see if that helps. Im at 2000 right now I am thinking even if I go down 50 calories to start to see if it makes a difference.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
well...

I think based on the little I know now...you could be right.

Sophiecat just realized that she lost when her calories were right..then pushed the envelope on them and gained...then got them back where they were supposed to be and lost again.

I honestly believe that you can get pretty dog gone low in calories and still be physically satisfied if you are eating the right things.

Did you use the JUDDD calculator? The successful long timers here on JUDDD think that they overestimate the calories you need
addict1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #13

Debbie, I forgot what calorie ceiling you are holding to on your Down Days...

You could always lower your UD calorie ceiling for a week or 10 days and see how you do overall. I just hate for anyone to lower too far right off the bat without giving JUDDD a chance to sort of *settle out* for a few days first.

We get so few calories on our DDs, and if you don't get many calories in on the UDs either, you are really sacrificing calories that should go to nourish your body strongly on UDs, and, you stand a chance of your body finally catching on that overall.. you really aren't getting many calories in at all! That's what you want to avoid triggering.. that moment when something in your brain tips and triggers your brain to make your metabolism slow way down because of so few calories coming in.

Our impulse is always to lower our calories. Ingrained into us from years of diet advice, I suppose. But that's not always a real good thing to do. But, then again, maybe your UD calories are going to end up being too high for you. It's always hard to know what to do, isn't it.

Most of us have lousy metabolisms in the first place, else we wouldn't even be here. We don't want to make it any worse than it already is. LOL

What calorie level are you eating at on your DDs?
Old 10-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Debbie, I forgot what calorie ceiling you are holding to on your Down Days...

You could always lower your UD calorie ceiling for a week or 10 days and see how you do overall. I just hate for anyone to lower too far right off the bat without giving JUDDD a chance to sort of *settle out* for a few days first.

We get so few calories on our DDs, and if you don't get many calories in on the UDs either, you are really sacrificing calories that should go to nourish your body strongly on UDs, and, you stand a chance of your body finally catching on that overall.. you really aren't getting many calories in at all! That's what you want to avoid triggering.. that moment when something in your brain tips and triggers your brain to make your metabolism slow way down because of so few calories coming in.

Our impulse is always to lower our calories. Ingrained into us from years of diet advice, I suppose. But that's not always a real good thing to do. But, then again, maybe your UD calories are going to end up being too high for you. It's always hard to know what to do, isn't it.

Most of us have lousy metabolisms in the first place, else we wouldn't even be here. We don't want to make it any worse than it already is. LOL

What calorie level are you eating at on your DDs?
Pat Im at 500 on DD and 2000 on UD. But you know the funny thing is I feel smaller. My pants are baggin in the butt. I know some things are happening here in this body. I think I am going to stay doing what I am doing and see what happens. I feel so good and am so excited to have energy.
Weighing everyday might not be a good thing for me.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Hang in there Deb! I'm one who gets discouraged when the scale doesn't cooperate. I know i start to bloat a couple of weeks before TOM, and even knowing that doesn't help. So i've started to measure my waist and hips.

And I know what you mean about feeling smaller. There are days when i actually feel small but the scale doesn't register it! Doh!!
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
Pat Im at 500 on DD and 2000 on UD. But you know the funny thing is I feel smaller. My pants are baggin in the butt. I know some things are happening here in this body. I think I am going to stay doing what I am doing and see what happens. I feel so good and am so excited to have energy.
Weighing everyday might not be a good thing for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLatte View Post
Hang in there Deb! I'm one who gets discouraged when the scale doesn't cooperate. I know i start to bloat a couple of weeks before TOM, and even knowing that doesn't help. So i've started to measure my waist and hips.

And I know what you mean about feeling smaller. There are days when i actually feel small but the scale doesn't register it! Doh!!
You guys are just too darned anxious!

Hang in there. LOL
Old 10-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Also are you exercising? Even just going for a half hour walk 3-4 times a week can help. I will say this as a lifetime "dieter" the most successful plans were always the ones I added exercise too. Sorry but it's true...I'm not the most consistent exerciser nor do I LOVE it...I just know when I do it regularly, the scale and/or inches seem to move better for me. Hang in there!
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicoaster69 View Post
Also are you exercising? Even just going for a half hour walk 3-4 times a week can help. I will say this as a lifetime "dieter" the most successful plans were always the ones I added exercise too. Sorry but it's true...I'm not the most consistent exerciser nor do I LOVE it...I just know when I do it regularly, the scale and/or inches seem to move better for me. Hang in there!
No I havent taken the exercise plunge yet. I KNOW I need to at least walk and move. Thanks for the push
Old 10-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
the scale is only one tool.

I track my waist measurement mainly and go by how my cloths are fitting. My jeans don't lie!!
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote