Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #241
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Speck333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,168
Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Thanks Sophie! And the first thing I thought was, "I've got to go tell them (on the JUDDD thread)!!!" Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go make myself an egg/bacon/cheese (lc) muffin! lol
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
julietcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County
Posts: 4,220
Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
145.4? 145.4?! 145.4!!!

The above is a reenactment of my weighing in this morning. Just before I did, I told myself I was either going to be back in the 147s, or something "crazy" like 146.0 (my last day after down day weight was 146.8). I must have weighed 15 times to make sure it was really 145.4. Dear Lord thank you!
I love it! I step on the scale about 3 times just to make sure! Congratulations!
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member
 
Lori-s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 184
Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
145.4? 145.4?! 145.4!!!

The above is a reenactment of my weighing in this morning. Just before I did, I told myself I was either going to be back in the 147s, or something "crazy" like 146.0 (my last day after down day weight was 146.8). I must have weighed 15 times to make sure it was really 145.4. Dear Lord thank you!

WTG!
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #244
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Thanks Sophie! And the first thing I thought was, "I've got to go tell them (on the JUDDD thread)!!!" Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go make myself an egg/bacon/cheese (lc) muffin! lol
omgosh!! BECMuffin! I made one of those for b'fast yesterday morning, love them! It's a DD for me today, so I will have to eat vicariously through all you UD'ers today, lol.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #245
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
145.4? 145.4?! 145.4!!!

The above is a reenactment of my weighing in this morning. Just before I did, I told myself I was either going to be back in the 147s, or something "crazy" like 146.0 (my last day after down day weight was 146.8). I must have weighed 15 times to make sure it was really 145.4. Dear Lord thank you!
You don't even know how happy I am for you. This post has me laughing for sure.

I'm tickled pink that you came to follow the JUDDD plan with us, glad that it's brought you weight loss again after your *dry spell*.....

We all only get so many years on earth. It's a crying shame when we want to live these precious years in a slimmer body and the plan we are following isn't getting the job done for us. So we end up spending sometimes/often YEARS of our lives living in overweight and obese and sometimes morbidly obese bodies, looking out at a world we want to experience as a slim person, but we can't get there.

I know that there are people who simply don't want to count calories. Which means the actual measuring & weighing if you want to really be accurate. And folks all get to choose what they are going to do. And that includes what they're NOT going to do as well. It's their choice to NOT do JUDDD as well as their choice to give it a try for a few weeks.

I'm just so glad that you chose to give a few weeks over to doing the JUDDD plan to see what it might do for you. Congrats on this wonderful weight loss!
__________________
Best wishes, Pat

Last edited by SoHappy; 11-05-2011 at 10:19 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!
 
jeaniem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,686
Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/156.2/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
145.4? 145.4?! 145.4!!!

The above is a reenactment of my weighing in this morning. Just before I did, I told myself I was either going to be back in the 147s, or something "crazy" like 146.0 (my last day after down day weight was 146.8). I must have weighed 15 times to make sure it was really 145.4. Dear Lord thank you!
Aweome!!
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #247
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,322
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Congrats Speck!! What a way to start the weekend!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,910
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
My FBG (fasting blood glucose) for today: 108
and yesterday: 97!!!!

I hadn't bothered checking for the previous week or so during our power outage
and while it had been OK since I started JUDDD, it had been at least 115-125.
To see something under 115 and even under 100
(when I've been eating some bread, cookies, etc recently)
was really nifty!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member
 
Lori-s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 184
Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
That's a great WOO HOO, PJ!
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #250
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
My FBG (fasting blood glucose) for today: 108
and yesterday: 97!!!!

I hadn't bothered checking for the previous week or so during our power outage
and while it had been OK since I started JUDDD, it had been at least 115-125.
To see something under 115 and even under 100
(when I've been eating some bread, cookies, etc recently)
was really nifty!!!
Glad for those great number, PJ! Whoo hoo!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #251
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,056
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I'm the WooHoos here!

WTG everyone and I Specks "reenactment" and PJ's blood glucose numbers!!

Last edited by Beeb; 11-07-2011 at 08:47 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,910
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
103 today!!!

I was surprised, because "dinner" last night was a lot of sugary cough syrup and cough drops!

Today I have seen 277.2 for the 3rd time in 5 days (also saw 277.6 & 277.8).
Just a few days ago I was so excited to see this number...
I actually screamed in anger this morning when I saw it again!

I've skipped a lot of meals this week due to being sick...
although I did have one amazing 3.4lb whoosh a few days ago,
I thought for sure I'd be down a couple more pounds by now.
Goes to show, I guess, that just "not eating" doesn't result in quick weight loss for me.

I did finally wake up this morning with my chest feeling pretty clear of congestion,
and being able to take a deep breath without bringing on a coughing-til-I-throw-up fit!!!

It's so gorgeous outside, I think I might actually go for a walk!!!
__________________
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." --Ace Rimmer
"Really, how is eating a piece of cake bad? Being bad is murdering someone.
That's bad. Don't do that." --Sarah Michelle Gellar
****************************************
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:16 AM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,620
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Jenny--the body holds on to water when it is sick--it is the inflammation--the whoosh will come when you are well--I am always up a few pounds when sick--
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #254
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
103 today!!!

I was surprised, because "dinner" last night was a lot of sugary cough syrup and cough drops!

Today I have seen 277.2 for the 3rd time in 5 days (also saw 277.6 & 277.8).
Just a few days ago I was so excited to see this number...
I actually screamed in anger this morning when I saw it again!

I've skipped a lot of meals this week due to being sick...
although I did have one amazing 3.4lb whoosh a few days ago,
I thought for sure I'd be down a couple more pounds by now.
Goes to show, I guess, that just "not eating" doesn't result in quick weight loss for me.

I did finally wake up this morning with my chest feeling pretty clear of congestion,
and being able to take a deep breath without bringing on a coughing-til-I-throw-up fit!!!

It's so gorgeous outside, I think I might actually go for a walk!!!
PJ, sorry you haven't been feeling well on top of having your electricity off!

I think your weight loss has gone wonderfully though, and expect you're in for another good drop here very shortly!

So a big Woo Hoo for how well your BS readings have been coming out, and another early woo hoo for the upcoming whoosh when your cold and meds are done.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,910
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Thanks for the encouragement, y'all!!!

I have to say, I've already lost 12lbs in under a month
and that's pretty amazing!!! I need to chill!!!

Looking back on the weight loss so far, I have had a "whoosh" every week
(except the first week, when I wasn't doing so well on my DDs, lol):
4lbs, 2.8lbs, and 3.4lbs gone overnight!!!
I would just be very excited if I had another one tomorrow or Thursday,
so my official loss for the month (Oct 11th-Nov 10th) would be even more mind-boggling!

I hope everyone had an awesome day!

Last edited by piratejenny; 11-08-2011 at 05:01 PM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #256
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,056
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
My WooHoo for today is how blessed I feel to have found a WOE that I can do for life AND a group of the most amazing, supportive and exceptional people a body could ever ask for!

Thanks you guys for being my JUDDD BUDDDs!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #257
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Thanks for the encouragement, y'all!!!

I have to say, I've already lost 12lbs in under a month
and that's pretty amazing!!! I need to chill!!!

Looking back on the weight loss so far, I have had a "whoosh" every week
(except the first week, when I wasn't doing so well on my DDs, lol):
4lbs, 2.8lbs, and 3.4lbs gone overnight!!!
I would just be very excited if I had another one tomorrow or Thursday,
so my official loss for the month (Oct 11th-Nov 10th) would be even more mind-boggling!

I hope everyone had an awesome day!
That's WONDERFUL loss! Congrats!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:57 PM   #258
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
My WooHoo for today is how blessed I feel to have found a WOE that I can do for life AND a group of the most amazing, supportive and exceptional people a body could ever ask for!

Thanks you guys for being my JUDDD BUDDDs!
Thanks for you too, and all of you!!! <<< tears of joy!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:01 PM   #259
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Well, this is a weird WHOO HOO but I have to count the good things where I find them...

First of all that I'm on a woe that allows me to have ANYTHING. And therefore I chose Hot Tamales (the spicy cinnamon candy) to be part of my UD today. Haven't had any in months since I went LC, and pretty much thought I never would have any again.

I would normally gobble down the entire large box in one sitting because the things are gosh-darn addictive! Grrrr....

But I only ate half the box tonight, and I ate each piece as slowly as I could (which is still too fast cause their so darn good).

Then I put the box away. Because I can have the rest on another UD!!!!!

So hopefully not too much damage was done sugar-wise. Nothing a good DD tomorrow can't soothe, I hope.
__________________
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #260
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Well, this is a weird WHOO HOO but I have to count the good things where I find them...

First of all that I'm on a woe that allows me to have ANYTHING. And therefore I chose Hot Tamales (the spicy cinnamon candy) to be part of my UD today. Haven't had any in months since I went LC, and pretty much thought I never would have any again.

I would normally gobble down the entire large box in one sitting because the things are gosh-darn addictive! Grrrr....

But I only ate half the box tonight, and I ate each piece as slowly as I could (which is still too fast cause their so darn good).

Then I put the box away. Because I can have the rest on another UD!!!!!

So hopefully not too much damage was done sugar-wise. Nothing a good DD tomorrow can't soothe, I hope.
Are those like the little red candies that used to be called *Red Hots*? I remember those. Gosh, I haven't thought of those in years.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #261
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,056
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Are those like the little red candies that used to be called *Red Hots*? I remember those. Gosh, I haven't thought of those in years.
No, these are like gummie candies with a hard shell. Double the size of a jelly bean and just !

I asked for a box in my Christmas stocking this year!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,620
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
Hot tamalesssssssss. Droooool.
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #263
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Are those like the little red candies that used to be called *Red Hots*? I remember those. Gosh, I haven't thought of those in years.
Oh Red Hots are also yummy!! I just love anything cinnamon!

Hot Tamales are oblong-shaped like a capsule and are "gummy", chewy. They have a sort of candy outer shell of spicy cinnamon and when you chew it the gummy candy underneath is more mild. Ack! This is making me literally salivate for more of them!

Don't worry, I won't give in. I'm stronger than this urge! I have about 100-200 calories left to my UD and I'm saving it for something a little more substantial before bed.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 11-08-2011 at 08:16 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #264
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,056
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
OH, and one more WooHoo...... I am .2 pounds away from my final goal of 135!!

Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member
 
Lori-s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 184
Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Beeb! That's great!
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #266
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
OH, and one more WooHoo...... I am .2 pounds away from my final goal of 135!!
You know how happy I am for you...
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #267
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,056
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You know how happy I am for you...
Thanks and YOU are the one who got me "over to the dark side" and helped to make this happen, my dearest JUDDD BUDDD!

I will be FOREVER grateful!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #268
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,056
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori-s View Post
Beeb! That's great!
Thanks Lori!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!
 
onceNforall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 1,106
Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Have to celebrate completing one successful DD and UD! It's a start! I even ate out at Olive Garden tonight! Just taking this one day at a time.
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!
 
onceNforall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 1,106
Gallery: onceNforall
Stats: 307.5/297.5/225 (so I can have knee surgery)
WOE: Healthy Choices/Positive Attitude
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Thanks for the encouragement, y'all!!!

I have to say, I've already lost 12lbs in under a month
and that's pretty amazing!!! I need to chill!!!

Looking back on the weight loss so far, I have had a "whoosh" every week
(except the first week, when I wasn't doing so well on my DDs, lol):
4lbs, 2.8lbs, and 3.4lbs gone overnight!!!
I would just be very excited if I had another one tomorrow or Thursday,
so my official loss for the month (Oct 11th-Nov 10th) would be even more mind-boggling!

I hope everyone had an awesome day!
WOW....12lbs is awesome! Hope I do as well this first month!! Keep up the good work.
onceNforall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.