Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #211
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Congrats to all!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Wonderful success stories, very encouraging..congrats everyone!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #213

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Wonderful success stories, very encouraging..congrats everyone!
Your successes will be posted very soon too!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/137.8/135-139
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastednuffime View Post
Today is day 5 of doing JUDDD for me!!

My woo-hoo is that i feel SO much better, physically, eating this way then...the *other* way...

Its almost like i can't explain it. I feel "normal"..and I don't have to hoard pounds and pounds of ground beef in the freezer anymore. You see, I used to basically live on ground beef ( that, along w/eggs, lots of cheese and pork rinds) when i was strict lowcarbing. I rarely ate veggies and fruits were a no-no in my mind. When I went off LC-ing, which i certainly did from time to time, I went WAY off...devouring every caby thing in sight that i had deprived myself of for weeks..

I no longer feel the need to do that, and my body seems to LOVE the "rest" I'm giving it, consumption wise. Yesterday was an UD for me and I ate within reason and was content with my choices. Thus far, i'm loving JUDDD and actually hoping to get my 2 kids ( ages 14 & 20 and both needing to lose a little weight) on a *looser* version of this WOE.. Any advice on how to go about that would be greatly appreciated!!

Anna, I am so happy for you!

In the three weeks I've been doing JUDD, I've shed 4 lbs overall, but the freedom JUDD brings with it makes it so rewarding.
Not looking for carb content, sugar content, etc., has never felt more liberating.

Just about every food out there comes in a low calorie form, and the expanse of my new diet has been a wonderful and fun experience. JUDD offers us a way to stop the binges because we are not feeing deprived anymore.

Did I say how much I love JUDD?!?!

I don't have any advice as to how your children can adopt JUDD, but if they see your success, maybe they will do it on their own!!

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
sazzie[/B];15146391]In the three weeks I've been doing JUDD, I've shed 4 lbs overall, but the freedom JUDD brings with it makes it so rewarding.
Not looking for carb content, sugar content, etc., has never felt more liberating.

Just about every food out there comes in a low calorie form, and the expanse of my new diet has been a wonderful and fun experience. JUDD offers us a way to stop the binges because we are not feeing deprived anymore.

Did I say how much I love JUDD?!?!
This is just wonderful news. I'm happy that you like it so much.

JUDDD has returned me, or allowed me to return, to being normal again, not fearing almost an entire third of the fat-protein-carbohydrate macro-nutrient triad!

The carb sensitivity I had managed to build myself up to is gone again, and I'm able to enjoy all foods now without weight gain, just by following JUDDD. It gives me balance. Balance between the day of attending to weight management, and the day of freedom from having to follow a diet, a food list, food requirements or food restrictions.

And as I've become more accustomed to eating this way, it all just gets so easy to do. So by the time you combine the *easy* with the *effective* it's no wonder we're pretty happy with it!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Woohoo! New low! 146.8!!!
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori-s
Stats: 176.8/148.9/150 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
WTG!!
Lori-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #218

Quote:
I'm thrilled to hear this!!! It's working!!! Woo Hoo!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #219
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Awesome, Speck!!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #220
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you!!! Yes! It IS working!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Drum roll....

After my first full week of doing JUDDD...I am down 3.2-lbs

Why does this tickle me so much? Its because right before starting JUDDD ( the exact day before!!) I came off a very strict LC 2 week stint. I'm talking very LC, like meat and eggs only...and lost 10 pounds during that time. Most of it water I'm sure..

When starting JUDDD, I expected to gain some of that water weight loss back. I read here that it was normal to have an initial bounce up after LC-ing, so i was totally prepared for that...

Well, I'm shocked and thrilled beyond words to have amazingly, NOT seen a bounce, but an added loss of 3 more lbs to boot!! Let me tell you, i have eaten and enjoyed some of the most Delicious previously "prohibited" food on my UD , so no deprivation, no 'woes-me....Just pure joy and loving this new found freedom
Yaaaaaayyyy!!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
There are a lot of losses going on around here! My Woohoo is that on Saturday I am going to a lunch party AND a dinner party and I can eat whatever the heck I want! No more carb counting and forbidden foods.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #223
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
So MANY wonderful WooHoos!! I'm so for everyone!!

WTG, JUDDD BUDDDs and keep those WooHoos coming!!

My WooHoo for today is small but it's good. I am slowly finding my "new normal" in the way I'm living alone without my Little Miss. It seems to be getting just a little less sad as the days go by, and I'm starting to feel a little like myself again. She is leaving me all kinds of signs, too, letting me know she is helping me with my healing and that is the best WooHoo I could ask for right now!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
There are a lot of losses going on around here! My Woohoo is that on Saturday I am going to a lunch party AND a dinner party and I can eat whatever the heck I want! No more carb counting and forbidden foods.
Enjoy your TWO parties! Fun, isn't it. A Down Day before and a Down Day after takes care of everything, and.. well.. it's just the alternating cycle, in which you happen to LIVE YOUR LIFE! How easy is that? Welcome to how fun and easy the rest of your life can be.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

Beeb, that's so good to hear that you are finding peace and adjusting to the new normal.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post

My WooHoo for today is small but it's good. I am slowly finding my "new normal" in the way I'm living alone without my Little Miss. It seems to be getting just a little less sad as the days go by, and I'm starting to feel a little like myself again. She is leaving me all kinds of signs, too, letting me know she is helping me with my healing and that is the best WooHoo I could ask for right now!
That's great to hear, Linda
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
QUOTE=Beeb;15147494]So MANY wonderful WooHoos!! I'm so for everyone!!

My WooHoo for today is small but it's good. I am slowly finding my "new normal" in the way I'm living alone without my Little Miss. It seems to be getting just a little less sad as the days go by, and I'm starting to feel a little like myself again. She is leaving me all kinds of signs, too, letting me know she is helping me with my healing and that is the best WooHoo I could ask for right now! [/QUOTE]

Little Miss loved you so much!

weight 257/235/130
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:42 AM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
So excited to read all of the positive post here!!

Someone mentioned about "Living your life" ( I think it was, "So Happy"?) and that the DD before and the DD after ( your UD) .."takes care" of everything. My gosh, few truer words ever spoken!! Yes, that's exactly what JUDDD enables us to do.."Live our lives"

I'm not bashing LC, not at all, because eating that WOE was how i got the majority of my excess weight off!! It worked for me, mainly because ( in my mind) I could actually eat all the meat, cheese, eggs and fats that i wanted and still lose / maintain my weight. I pushed the thoughts of eating more healthier ( as in adding veggies, fruits and grains..) aside for the vanity of seeing declining numbers on the scale..

I would physically swing from having loads of excess energy to feeling all dragged out . My body was craving certain carbs, and i knew this but to me, they were my enemy. One day i found out by happen-stance, that i had low blood sugar. I was at work and feeling weak, slow, sleepy and kinda foggy minded.. This was not the first time I've felt that way..

Anyway, a co/worker offered to take my blood sugar and both she and i were shocked that it was 47. I had not eaten that day either, which was not unusual for me Well she immediately gave me some Nabs /cheese-peanut butter crackers with a regular can of coke. Being the hard head i was, I refused to drink the "regular coke" and only licked the peanut-butter off the cracker again, in my mind...Carbs were bad..bad..bad...

At her insistence, i did eventually eat 3 or 4 of the Nabs and some diet coke. Amazingly, within a short time, i actually felt better!! Not great, but certainly better... Very next day i went in to be checked out by my Doctor. She did a general physical and also labs. Turns out that my cholesterol was elevated from previous labs I had done just a few months earlier and my blood pressure that day, was up a tad too.

Neither, she felt at that time, warranted my going on meds, but she scheduled a follow up for three months later and advised me to cut back on salt, red meats, cheeses and so on.. Even though i did not listen ( I carried merrily on my strict LC way ...) it was enough to scare me in that I was indeed doing something wrong, but I did not know how to fix it. Oh and by the way, my fasting blood sugar came back within normal range. Low normal, but still within limits..

Fast forward,..since starting JUDDD, I feel **normal** physically, and... I've NOT felt *normal* in a LONG long time!! There is also a peace about giving my body a "rest" on those DD. I'm not dreading the holidays this year either, nor will I have to make up excuses as to why we ( cause if I did not go, usually Hubby & kids didn't either ) to social or family related functions that involved delicious food... I don't have to worry about "going way off" or "going crazy", or "making up for lost time" when it comes to actually allowing myself certain things...

Potato chips were forever my weakness, but I've since discovered that plain ole saltine crackers gives me the SAME crunch and saltiness I occasionally desire...

Now, I'm VERY new to this and I am sure there will be fluctuations along the way,..and I still have a lot to learn, but...I feel deep in my core that JUDDD is the answer I been seeking all this time and for that...I'm eternally grateful!!

Sorry.. did not mean for this to be so long.. Guess i tend to ramble at times..

Ask~~~.Believe~~~Receive....

*Look* *Speak* *Act* ...in the direction you want to go, be or do...

Last edited by wastednuffime; 11-04-2011 at 05:48 AM..
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Nope Just eat and enjoy! Have a great, tasty weekend, party girl!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #230
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Such a wonderful thing to hear!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
So excited to read all of the positive post here!!

Someone mentioned about "Living your life" ( I think it was, "So Happy"?) and that the DD before and the DD after ( your UD) .."takes care" of everything. My gosh, few truer words ever spoken!! Yes, that's exactly what JUDDD enables us to do.."Live our lives"

I'm not bashing LC, not at all, because eating that WOE was how i got the majority of my excess weight off!! It worked for me, mainly because ( in my mind) I could actually eat all the meat, cheese, eggs and fats that i wanted and still lose / maintain my weight. I pushed the thoughts of eating more healthier ( as in adding veggies, fruits and grains..) aside for the vanity of seeing declining numbers on the scale..

I would physically swing from having loads of excess energy to feeling all dragged out . My body was craving certain carbs, and i knew this but to me, they were my enemy. One day i found out by happen-stance, that i had low blood sugar. I was at work and feeling weak, slow, sleepy and kinda foggy minded.. This was not the first time I've felt that way..

Anyway, a co/worker offered to take my blood sugar and both she and i were shocked that it was 47. I had not eaten that day either, which was not unusual for me Well she immediately gave me some Nabs /cheese-peanut butter crackers with a regular can of coke. Being the hard head i was, I refused to drink the "regular coke" and only licked the peanut-butter off the cracker again, in my mind...Carbs were bad..bad..bad...

At her insistence, i did eventually eat 3 or 4 of the Nabs and some diet coke. Amazingly, within a short time, i actually felt better!! Not great, but certainly better... Very next day i went in to be checked out by my Doctor. She did a general physical and also labs. Turns out that my cholesterol was elevated from previous labs I had done just a few months earlier and my blood pressure that day, was up a tad too.

Neither, she felt at that time, warranted my going on meds, but she scheduled a follow up for three months later and advised me to cut back on salt, red meats, cheeses and so on.. Even though i did not listen ( I carried merrily on my strict LC way ...) it was enough to scare me in that I was indeed doing something wrong, but I did not know how to fix it. Oh and by the way, my fasting blood sugar came back within normal range. Low normal, but still within limits..

Fast forward,..since starting JUDDD, I feel **normal** physically, and... I've NOT felt *normal* in a LONG long time!! There is also a peace about giving my body a "rest" on those DD. I'm not dreading the holidays this year either, nor will I have to make up excuses as to why we ( cause if I did not go, usually Hubby & kids didn't either ) to social or family related functions that involved delicious food... I don't have to worry about "going way off" or "going crazy", or "making up for lost time" when it comes to actually allowing myself certain things...

Potato chips were forever my weakness, but I've since discovered that plain ole saltine crackers gives me the SAME crunch and saltiness I occasionally desire...

Now, I'm VERY new to this and I am sure there will be fluctuations along the way,..and I still have a lot to learn, but...I feel deep in my core that JUDDD is the answer I been seeking all this time and for that...I'm eternally grateful!!

Sorry.. did not mean for this to be so long.. Guess i tend to ramble at times..
I read the whole thing and enjoyed it, Wasted, what a great post! I'm so glad you are experiencing better health while enjoying everything you eat! I JUDDD 2
Old 11-05-2011, 04:32 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1annewil
Stats: 165/150/162
WOE: Atkins/JUDD/Potato Hack/
My whoo-hoo is very insignificant but important to me. I saw 152.6 on the scale this am. First time in 2011 152 has come up. I've been judding about a month now and lost 3 quick but the next two have been slow. The last two weeks I have been more careful about dd calories and excessive over eating on weekends-in fact two over-the-top UDs in a row most weekends. This weekend I will try to reign in Sunday for a dd. Today we tailgate at Mississippi State with 3 of my five kids and their friends so I hope to at least be careful. I really love this way to eat. I find I eat almost the same every dd.

Psalm 62:5
Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
1annewil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:53 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Yay Sophie!!

Woohoo! I bet you felt so good in them, you enjoyed your night out twice as much!

I too have a pair of goal trousers., a pair of my fav jeans....which I would try on daily ... they are now quite baggy, but I love to wear them and feel how far I have come!

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:57 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1annewil View Post
My whoo-hoo is very insignificant but important to me. I saw 152.6 on the scale this am. First time in 2011 152 has come up. I've been judding about a month now and lost 3 quick but the next two have been slow. The last two weeks I have been more careful about dd calories and excessive over eating on weekends-in fact two over-the-top UDs in a row most weekends. This weekend I will try to reign in Sunday for a dd. Today we tailgate at Mississippi State with 3 of my five kids and their friends so I hope to at least be careful. I really love this way to eat. I find I eat almost the same every dd.
That's fab! A new low is never insignificant, but definitely something to be woohooed about!
AND you have still lost after some excessive w/e eating!
Your DD's sound like mine... I eat the same things until I find a new favourite, then that becomes part of my regular fayre!
Hugs
Jo
X
Old 11-05-2011, 05:05 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That will be such fun!
Make sure you let us know how it went, and what you got to enjoy!
Hugs
Jo
X
Old 11-05-2011, 05:17 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

This has really warmed my heart! My dh was asking after you the other day, so I will show him this.
Animals know instinctively when we are upset, and do their best to comfort us, just as little miss C is still doing for you now. :-)
There will always be a miss C shaped place in your heart, and the memories of her will be a joy to recall.

Hugs
Jo
X
Old 11-05-2011, 05:39 AM   #237
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Quote:
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #238
Blabbermouth!!!

ommagod ommagod ommagod!!!!

145.4? 145.4?! 145.4!!!

The above is a reenactment of my weighing in this morning. Just before I did, I told myself I was either going to be back in the 147s, or something "crazy" like 146.0 (my last day after down day weight was 146.8). I must have weighed 15 times to make sure it was really 145.4. Dear Lord thank you!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #239
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Whoo hoo, Anne, congrats on the new number on the scale! Have a good time tailgaiting. I love this woe too, and I also eat almost the same every DD.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
145.4? 145.4?! 145.4!!!

The above is a reenactment of my weighing in this morning. Just before I did, I told myself I was either going to be back in the 147s, or something "crazy" like 146.0 (my last day after down day weight was 146.8). I must have weighed 15 times to make sure it was really 145.4. Dear Lord thank you!
That's great news, Speck! Congrats!

It's exciting - So many losses all the time here in JUDDDland!