Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
I love this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!:h igh5:.

JUDDD BUDDS are the BEST.
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surfnmom
Stats: 182.4/182.4/135 (5'5)
WOE: juddd/5:2
Start Date: 4/5/13
My WOOHOO I'm back and started Juddd Today.
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: addict1000
Stats: 201/190/150
WOE: LC-IF-JUDDD
Yay Cheryl!
addict1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #34

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom View Post
Oh, My Gosh! You're back to LCF. Yay! And so very glad you are here and starting JUDDD!

I look forward to you being in the fun group here.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Hi Cheryl, welcome & good luck with JUDDD!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: surfnmom
Stats: 182.4/182.4/135 (5'5)
WOE: juddd/5:2
Start Date: 4/5/13
AHHHH TY its good to be home
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie324 View Post
I posted this in the newbie thread, but I started JUDDD on October 18 and after one week.........................

I AM DOWN 6.8 LBS!!!!!
Woot!

That is awesome..what a start to your new woe!
Care to share your UD/DD numbers & any foods you found helpful?

Hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addict1000 View Post
YAY for chocolate.

Man life is just too short to NEVER have certain foods. I think this is why I struggled so much with LC. I just hated the thought of NEVER

Today for me will be a grilled cheese sandwich... I think either on Ezekial bread or Gluten free...

Whoo Hooo for a grilled cheese

I am so thankful to LC that it did reveal my wheat/ possible grain intolerance. The gas is bad...so I freely choose to never eat regular old bread for now

and another whoo hoo for another lb down!
oh yes...give me wheat..esp bran...and oh my! I have even scared the cat on occasion!

hugs
jo
x
Old 10-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

another lovely juddd bud!

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
This is some serious weight loss people

Dottie...I think we should also include whoo hoos that are not necessarily weight loss related. Everyone will have those days where the scale does not budge right?

Here is a whoo hoo: My daughter who is beautiful and thin....but has to watch everything so closely because she is like her mom who gains easily

Well anyway she wants to start JUDDD too so that she never ever gets overweight!....and she can eat a little more like a teenager without worrying

This is so huge to me as a mom. I don't want her to ever get fat....but just looking at the genetics....she has an uproad hill to fight.

JUDDD to the rescue!
This is wonderful!
What better gift could you have given your daughter, than a slim, healthy future!

You

hugs
Jo
x
Old 10-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Oh, I ate 169 carbs yesterday and lost 2 pounds today!

For real!!!

*whispers in creepy voice* The dark side is calling...

Whoo hoo!
Oh, I hear you! I ate 60 net carbs yesterday and was down today. I mean, these were "healthier" carbs for the most part, but I was seriously afraid I'd be up on the scale.

Awesome on the pounds!
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I posted this in the newbie thread, but I started JUDDD on October 18 and after one week.........................

I AM DOWN 6.8 LBS!!!!!
That's AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Quote:

My Whoo hoo today is that I have officially been "on plan" for one month today. I haven't been perfect but I have not quit. Because I have not quit I am down ten lbs

THAT ROCKS!!!
KUTGW!

BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Okay put away the flamethrowers! My UD was way up and I don't care for now. I know it is going to take some time for me to adjust to this woe and having such a high day is only making me look forward to my DD tomorrow. I know to be successful I have to do the UD correctly, but I just felt the need for lots of food today. This is still success to me as I did not binge but ate what I wanted until completely full.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
great Idea...i was thinking along the same lines...
as to the "I ate peanut m&M's and lost weight!"..that was MY post

My Woohoo for today? I was at the gym, bent forward on a ski machine, working at a fast pace...and caught sight of my bottom wiggling in the mirror behind me....and WASNT horrified by the sight...
I actually thought...not bad at all...for a 40 year old mum of 2 teenagers!
still...whos idea was it to have the mirror there in the first place.....
Jo
x
Jo,
Thought the peanut m&m's was your post...OR MINE! lol!
And woohoo on the nice fanny shot in the mirror!

BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Okay put away the flamethrowers! My UD was way up and I don't care for now. I know it is going to take some time for me to adjust to this woe and having such a high day is only making me look forward to my DD tomorrow. I know to be successful I have to do the UD correctly, but I just felt the need for lots of food today. This is still success to me as I did not binge but ate what I wanted until completely full.
You're right. That is a success for you. And I'm happy for you that you look at it that way.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #47

Quote:
Jeanie, just think of it like this. When we're learning how to ride a bike, we may need the training wheels. So, a lot of that time, we're really not riding the bike truly. We're really sort of tipping from side to side, relying a LOT on that little training wheel to balance us and prevent us from falling over. We're not quite riding a bike yet...

And that may actually go on for quite awhile. Some learn how to manage the bike faster than others do, but in the end, most everyone is riding their bike without training wheels. They're really doing it!

I wouldn't even worry about going over on some of your UDs. Well, I do too sometimes! LOLOLOLOL You just do the best you can at this time. Doesn't even matter if the training wheel touches the ground sometimes. You're on the bike and going forward!

Right now, you're just easing your brain into this. There is absolutely no reason or need to rush anything. JUDDD will work with you, as you well know. The big thing is just to be here, do whatever you can as best as you feel like it that day, and gradually, gradually I believe it will all get better and tighten up.

Hope you had a fabulous UD. I plan one for tomorrow.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Hey no flamethrowers around here!

It think needing to know food is there and needing to eat it is normal. Your brain is probably resisting the idea....thinking it is going to be worse than it is.

Hunger is just one of those things we fear....but if you really sit and think about what you are feeling when you are hungry. It is like a belly tightening and rolling. If you drink some water it actually goes away.

Belly hunger is easy. It is so much better than a headache or back pain. The physical part of it is so doable!

What I hate is insulin induced hunger. To me it feels more like a frantic all over feeling and it is very hard to keep from succumbing to...I try and avoid that like the plague...that is why I am keeping carbs lower...and trying to keep away from sugar and grains.

When you want to just eat try something like veggie soup. It is chewable and warm and comforting and I promise you will fill up super fast and it is so low in calories....you could use that for a strategy for up or down days to make sure you stay in your calorie goals.

I believe in just sticking to it no matter what! It took me

10 hard years to learn that!

BIG HUGS
Old 10-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Thanks Speck, Pat, and Shelley. I know cycling cals will work for me,so I am not going to let one less than perfect day derail me. I may fast tomorrow except for coffee and cream. I do this from time to time and sometimes it is easier than a low calorie day because I am the type that usually doesn't really get hungry until I eat that first meal.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:

My Whoo hoo today is that I have officially been "on plan" for one month today. I haven't been perfect but I have not quit. Because I have not quit I am down ten lbs
awesome this is so good to hear. I am starting my second week and this gives me so much inspiration.

Quote:

My Woohoo for today? I was at the gym, bent forward on a ski machine, working at a fast pace...and caught sight of my bottom wiggling in the mirror behind me....and WASNT horrified by the sight...
I actually thought...not bad at all...for a 40 year old mum of 2 teenagers!
Go girl!!! thats a big time woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
Woo Hoo for me is just finding JUDD, I feel like it is a gift from God!!!
yes!! so happy to have stumbled on it.

Quote:

Only been judding for three DAYS and lost three lbs.
wow! what a great job!!

Quote:
just think how much easier and less stressful the holidays will be!

I feel a huge weight off of my shoulders knowing that I won't have to recreate family recipes
this was one of my reasons for wanting to try this! didn't want to go through the holidays again worrying about what i could or could not have! my friends and family were honestly sick of hearing about carbs. lol

Quote:

I AM DOWN 6.8 LBS!!!!!
I am doing back flips for you!! :::insert back flip smiley :::

:jump joy:
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks Speck, Pat, and Shelley. I know cycling cals will work for me,so I am not going to let one less than perfect day derail me. I may fast tomorrow except for coffee and cream. I do this from time to time and sometimes it is easier than a low calorie day because I am the type that usually doesn't really get hungry until I eat that first meal.
Jeanie, I'm glad you have such a positive, healthy attitude about this! It takes quite a bit of shift in mental gears to go abruptly from LC (and counting carbs only) to a low calorie plan. You'll soon get the hang of it and things will balance out. You're going to do great!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 10-24-2011 at 06:56 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

I am proud of myself for doing my first DD away from home. It's so much more comfortable when I have all my low cal foods around me at home. Anyway, I didn't have my low cal foods with me, had to eat what the family had. I remember on LC, bringing food with me like hamburger, bacon, shakes, boiled eggs, etc because it seemed like all they had at their place was "carb-age"! This time I knew even though it was a DD, I could eat *some* of whatever foods they had cooked, even if it was higher carb

I drank coffee all morning, had a small amount of what they fixed for lunch (if I was still LC, the only thing I could have eaten that they fixed was some of the beef, but on JUDDD, I had the beef & gravy on a slice of toast, plus some beans and coleslaw!). For dinner I had a can of Lite soup that I found in their pantry.

Now I'm back home and relishing the thought of an UD. I'm hungry and I still have some calories to spare, but I think I'll just try to go to bed.

I'm smiling at the thought of you all and the way you're JUDDD
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I am proud of myself for doing my first DD away from home.
Hey, good job! Isn't it nice being able to actually *eat* something when we're at someone else's place? So many gathering with friends I had to sip on diet pop or water while they snacked on popcorn/chips/whatever because there were no LC foods handy. It's not like I missed having those particular foods, just the ability to eat with them. I was never a huge fan of toting around a cooler of LC snack foods to other people's houses, you know?
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emky View Post
Hey, good job! Isn't it nice being able to actually *eat* something when we're at someone else's place? So many gathering with friends I had to sip on diet pop or water while they snacked on popcorn/chips/whatever because there were no LC foods handy. It's not like I missed having those particular foods, just the ability to eat with them. I was never a huge fan of toting around a cooler of LC snack foods to other people's houses, you know?
Yes, it's wonderful to be able to just eat and not worry about LC foods! I hated bringing my stash of foods to my Gma's house and trying to explain every week why I couldn't eat what she cooked Now I could just enjoy a good meal with her!

Oh, something else I thought of that is worthy.... There is a box of frozen cookie dough in the freezer that DH bought for a fundraiser and I was wondering all summer what I would do about it (since I was LC'g) and now I know what I'll do about it!! One nice UD this Fall/Winter, those cookies are going to be enjoyed with a glass of cold milk!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
My whoo-hoo:

I think I am losing less hair.

My hair has been coming out in handfuls for several months...I've only been getting about 1/2 a handful each of the last 3 or 4 days!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
My whoo-hoo:

I think I am losing less hair.

My hair has been coming out in handfuls for several months...I've only been getting about 1/2 a handful each of the last 3 or 4 days!
Well, it would sure be nice if that would stop! Was it just diet that was causing the loss, of are you ill?

I sure hope this is drawing to an end for you and you will have good regrowth of any hair you have lost.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:53 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
No illness that I know of!
Thanks for your concern

In Long Hair Lingo, I was just experiencing a mysterious "shed" for several months.
It could have been that a lot of my hair, which is the longest it's ever been (hip length),
has just gotten as long as it's gonna get and is falling out.
Or stupid Low-Carb!
Or the weather...it's getting colder; maybe I'll get my winter coat now!
Or niacin...after I posted last night, I realized I also started taking niacin a few days ago. All that increased circulation could be benefiting my scalp.

Who knows! For now, I'm gonna give JUDDD the credit for it, though!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:00 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Well done my friends!

Sophie...so awesome on eating away from home!

Pirate Jenny...I have hair loss issues too..so glad it stopped for you!

Last time I was losing hair was VLC and fast weightloss combined. It was awful because it was at my temples. I had a receding hairline!

Oh My Whoo hoo so far today:

I messed up my UD yesterday because I have not learned to count everything yet....ate way too much...but YAY I am not up on the scale! Still hanging at 190....and today is a DD

Last edited by addict1000; 10-25-2011 at 05:02 AM..
addict1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:02 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Queenie324
Stats: 249.9/194/150 5'7
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart 10/18/11
Quote:
Woot!

That is awesome..what a start to your new woe!
Care to share your UD/DD numbers & any foods you found helpful?

Hugs
Jo
x
I'm not sure lol. I thought I'd be up to be honest.
Queenie324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:09 AM   #60

My Woo Hoo is that I had a 213 calorie Down Day yesterday and woke up to a 2 pound weight loss. This is putting me back down close to the lowest end of my maintenance range.