Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DDs...now so EASY!? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/742565-dds-now-so-easy.html)

stardustshadow 10-23-2011 12:43 PM

DDs...now so EASY!?

I'm on DD number 3 today and wow, it has been a BREEZE!!;)

Hard to believe but I think my body is adapting very well to such limited calorie days. I've hardly been hungry, almost never thinking about food...felt great, too.

:heart:Juddd so far!

SoHappy 10-23-2011 12:45 PM

Good to hear.

I think it's such a new way for our body to receive its calories, that the first couple of DDs our brain is thinking, "What the Heck..." :annoyed: but shortly it seems to be mostly content, probably once we start eating at our nice high UDs. Those high days seem to make the low ones easier.

Glad you're having a good day.

jeaniem 10-23-2011 12:47 PM

Great to hear!

Joedi 10-23-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardustshadow (Post 15114328)

Hard to believe but I think my body is adapting very well to such limited calorie days. I've hardly been hungry, almost never thinking about food...felt great, too.

:jumpjoy: yes, they DO get easier! Tho, for me...when tom is due I find them tough! But as time goes by I learn what fills me up best...it is different for everyone.
Hugs
Jo
x

Speck333 10-23-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

well, that is encouraging :up:

kimmarie 10-23-2011 01:47 PM

Very encouraging to hear, as I am kinda hungry right now:)

SoHappy 10-23-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmarie (Post 15114475)
Very encouraging to hear, as I am kinda hungry right now:)

Awww... I'm sorry. Hang in there. :console: :hugs:

pooticus 10-23-2011 02:02 PM

Yes they do get easier! :) :clap: Yay for you SS!!!

You know when I was JUDDDing before, (and I know not everyone is Judeo-Christian here), but what works for me on Fasting Fridays and with JUDDD is that every time I'm hungry or tempted, I make a point of offering that to God for His use. And for some reason (God), it makes it so much easier to get past that wave of hunger.

Imagine the good that would come of all of us JUDDDers putting our collective prayers to work for God when we're hungry! I mean it really stops the pangs and any wavering I have dead in their tracks! :)

Dottie 10-23-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15114386)
:jumpjoy: yes, they DO get easier! Tho, for me...when tom is due I find them tough! But as time goes by I learn what fills me up best...it is different for everyone.
Hugs
Jo
x

You mean 400cals of dark chocolate and 10 cups of coffee won't work? ;)

SoHappy 10-23-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15114510)

It works for me just thinking about it!

Sibylle 10-23-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

I'm on DD number 3 today and wow, it has been a BREEZE!!;) Hard to believe but I think my body is adapting very well to such limited calorie days. I've hardly been hungry, almost never thinking about food...felt great, too. :heart:Juddd so far!

Good to hear and congrats from me as well! I just finished one week of JUDDing, starting with 154 llbs. and I am now at 152.8 lbs after a several week-long stall on VLC/HF. I could not say that the DDs are a breeze but they are certainly doable, especially since I work most of the day at the PC and do nor have a chance to exercise the way I would love to. I have to admit that I was very sceptical about JUDD the whole time when I followed the thread in the "Other LC Plans" for really a very long time. What kept me away from starting JUDD earlier was that I always feared that intiating this program with its very low caloried DDs - as calculated on the JUDD website - would derange my eating habits entirely by placing me into a completetely uncontrolled binge cals/carbs eating mode. Thank goodness, there has been Beeb together with all of you other very experienced JUDD fellows on this thread with sophisticated advice that one can increase the allowed cals the calculator on the JUDD webpage comes up with and still lose weight. I feel so much better with about 700 cals on the DDs than with the reommended < 400 cals that the calculator suggests for my height and age. :shake: Sib

SoHappy 10-23-2011 02:46 PM

Yay, Sib! Way to go. Weight loss already! :clap:

Yup. Folks need to know that JUDDD is pretty darned flexible, and can bring a person success with weight loss and increased health, even when it is skewed a little bit from what is written in *The Book*. But it can't help you if you aren't on the plan.

Glad you're doing so well already. :up:

Joedi 10-23-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15114510)

Just sat down with ************ to plan tomorrows DD. Sorted! :hyst:

hugs
Jo
x

Joedi 10-23-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooticus (Post 15114507)
Yes they do get easier! :) :clap: Yay for you SS!!!

You know when I was JUDDDing before, (and I know not everyone is Judeo-Christian here), but what works for me on Fasting Fridays and with JUDDD is that every time I'm hungry or tempted, I make a point of offering that to God for His use. And for some reason (God), it makes it so much easier to get past that wave of hunger.

Imagine the good that would come of all of us JUDDDers putting our collective prayers to work for God when we're hungry! I mean it really stops the pangs and any wavering I have dead in their tracks! :)

I am not religious..but I think, if you are, this is a fab way to deal with hunger...it sounds like you have the hunger problem licked, Pooti!

When I get really hungry, I try to think of it as a sign my body has lost a bit of fat...and is asking for a refill! I dont want that bit of fat back on...so, if my cals are done....I am less likely to eat!

hugs
Jo
x

sophiethecat 10-23-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Yesss! :jumpjoy: They DO get easier! I noticed that too. :high5:

betty301 10-24-2011 05:51 AM

Hunger is fat leaving the body!

It's ok to be a little hungry. If we kept our selves full and happy all the time, well then:confused: fat loss would not happen.

Unless you are like me and stuff yourself full of veggies. It's hard to overeat broccoli :)

1annewil 10-24-2011 06:07 AM

One way for me to deal with hunger on DDs besides planning food is to plan for activity. When I'm not busy I get into food trouble. So on DD I try to leave things for me to do that take time and I like to do. I run errands and do outside things on those days.

putthekettleon 10-24-2011 06:28 AM

anne, that's a great suggestion. I find that keeping busy is a great supplement to weight loss. And when I'm involved in stuff I enjoy doing, I can even forget about hunger for a while!

dazygyrl 10-24-2011 08:06 AM

sometimes, on DD when i am waiting for hinger to pass, chewing SF gum helps...a lot! i think just the chewing action signals *something* and the hunger passes. that, or chugging a 12oz glass of water.

stardustshadow 10-24-2011 08:28 AM

I also drink a TON of water and tea on DDs...

SoHappy 10-24-2011 08:44 AM

I just mixed up this gel in my blender: 2 cups of ZERO calorie orange/mango/tropical beverage with 2 teaspoons glucomannan powder. It's now in the refrigerator, thickening up into a nice gel, and chilling. I just tasted it. Pretty darned good! Two full cups of.. nothing! :laugh:

Dottie 10-24-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15116527)
I just mixed up this gel in my blender: 2 cups of ZERO calorie orange/mango/tropical beverage with 2 teaspoons glucomannan powder. It's now in the refrigerator, thickening up into a nice gel, and chilling. I just tasted it. Pretty darned good! Two full cups of.. nothing! :laugh:

That sounds interesting!

SoHappy 10-24-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15116915)
That sounds interesting!

I just had a little bowlful. Nice flavor.. filling.. and no calories. Talk about something that can make a DD a whole lot easier! :jumpjoy:

Now it's just a matter of coming up with various *gels* that are all zero or very few cals.

I'll have jars of the stuff, and DH will wonder what in the world I'm doing now??? :stars:

:laugh:

addict1000 10-24-2011 11:52 AM

Seriously need to get the gluc right now!

I keep putting off my netrition order because I think there might me more that I want to buy.

Off to shop NOW!

stardustshadow 10-24-2011 12:15 PM

I wish I could get gluc powder here:( sadly, it is one on a long list of things I can't get:(

addict1000 10-24-2011 12:33 PM

That is too bad!! Is it the shipping cost that is prohibitive?

Although Denmark sounds beautiful while we are sweltering here in Texas in October and being eaten alive by mosquitos. I am going to count my blessings and be glad I can try the gluc powder....and thank the Good Lord for air conditioning. Sorry Earth...can't survive here without it.

I think I was born to live somewhere cool, rainy and cloudy. Is that Denmark? Just my guess and limited in travel as I am. Sigh...moving on.

stardustshadow 10-24-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addict1000 (Post 15117331)
That is too bad!! Is it the shipping cost that is prohibitive?

Although Denmark sounds beautiful while we are sweltering here in Texas in October and being eaten alive by mosquitos. I am going to count my blessings and be glad I can try the gluc powder....and thank the Good Lord for air conditioning. Sorry Earth...can't survive here without it.

I think I was born to live somewhere cool, rainy and cloudy. Is that Denmark? Just my guess and limited in travel as I am. Sigh...moving on.

LOL cool rainy and cloudy pretty much describes it perfectly! It isn't so gloomy in the summertime, but it can be pretty grey all winter. I love warm places! Should we swtich!?

The shipping cost is probably really high, but also import taxes into the EU (unless I can find it in the UK or germany somewhere)...and then I have to make sure it is legal here! They just made Stevia legal this summer;) Denmark has the strictest laws involving food safety/additives in all of europe, and that means very clean food, but it can also be hard to get stuff....

SoHappy 10-24-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardustshadow (Post 15117389)
LOL cool rainy and cloudy pretty much describes it perfectly! It isn't so gloomy in the summertime, but it can be pretty grey all winter. I love warm places! Should we swtich!?

The shipping cost is probably really high, but also import taxes into the EU (unless I can find it in the UK or germany somewhere)...and then I have to make sure it is legal here! They just made Stevia legal this summer;) Denmark has the strictest laws involving food safety/additives in all of europe, and that means very clean food, but it can also be hard to get stuff....

Do you find the shirataki noodles there in any of the Asian shops? If so, I think they should also be able to order glucomannan powder from their supplier, and if so.. they could be your source. Keeping fingers crossed that you can track down a source for this powder.

stardustshadow 10-24-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15117481)
Do you find the shirataki noodles there in any of the Asian shops? If so, I think they should also be able to order glucomannan powder from their supplier, and if so.. they could be your source. Keeping fingers crossed that you can track down a source for this powder.

I can find these!! Good idea!! I am going to ask the Japanese shop and the Chinese shop! I would never have thought of that!

Speck333 10-24-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardustshadow (Post 15117545)
I can find these!! Good idea!! I am going to ask the Japanese shop and the Chinese shop! I would never have thought of that!

Oh yes! Always look for "weird" things at the ethnic markets. And remember, it's also called konjac or konjac root/konjac root fiber.

Since my issues last week, I decided to have my shake with protein powder instead of eggs this morning. A cup of almond milk with a scoop of protein powder is so much less than with the eggs. I added a capsule of glucomannan to thicken it up. That helped, but I was still hungry. :(