Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I Have NO Freakin Clothes!!

My pants are fine, I found some in the closet I haven't wore in ages, but were still in great shape and fit wonderful but I have NO tops! And all my best bras are too big!!

They are SO big now, just hanging off me, and I hate clothes shopping!! It not the cost of the clothes but I have no idea what sizes to bring in so I'm always loaded down with a zillion tops to try to find the right size/shape for my new body now!

Not complaining at all, just
__________________

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,879
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Poor Baby.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
lindaokc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,158
Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Poor Baby.
That's just what I was thinking, Linda. Wish I had that problem......erm... maybe not since it's on top. hehe
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,481
Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Its a problem I am experiencing now...thanks to juddd!

All my favourite jeans are hanging off me...I wish we could shrink our favourite clothes along with our bodies

I went on Ebay...(I Ebay!) And searched till i found a pair in the next size down...I am a us 6 long (uk 10 long)..which arn't always easy to find!

I proudly put them on...only to find they were STILL a little baggy...but they are MUCH better than my 12's..which had to be belted in so much, it looked like I was wearing a nappy! (every woman wants to look younger...but that was a bit too much!)

have you tried thrift stores? I love them...and find them a lot more pleasant than huge chain stores.

I think we both need to be fitted for new bras,,,very annoying when you still have ones that fit well! My poor "girls" are feeling very lost in the depths of my bras at the moment!

You asked on an earlier post about what treat we would have when we got to goal? Well, in my corner of England there is a small chain of 5 shops..called Sadie The Bra Lady....where you can be fitted for the perfect bra...sometimes by the owner Sadie herself!
I think that will be my treat!

hugs
Jo
x
__________________


"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
stardustshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 3,338
Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
I totally understand Beeb!! I have no clothes that fit, either (everything looks like a tent!) and no money to buy new stuff with (student!). Plus, it does take time to get used to your new body shape! I am still figuring out what shapes will look good on me now! And then there is the part where you have to wrap your head around reaching for that much smaller size on the rack! Sometimes I still can't believe it (and i am only going to get smaller!)
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 204
Gallery: putthekettleon
I look forward to the day when I won't have any freakin' clothes either! Enjoy your lack of wardrobe!
putthekettleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 71,817
Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
lol *pictures beeb pulling a scarlet o'hara, dressing in a curtain*
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,879
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
lol *pictures beeb pulling a scarlet o'hara, dressing in a curtain*
OMG!

And this ^ makes me remember that Carol Burnett skit where she was Scarlet in a dress made from a green velvet drape, complete with the drapery rod still in it across her shoulders.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #9
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 71,817
Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
She was a riot on that show
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
stardustshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 3,338
Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Unfortunately, making clothes from the drapes requires a distinct set of sewing skills
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 746
Gallery: kimmarie
Stats: 325/293.8/150
WOE: low carb
I am having the same problem, and don't want to buy a bunch of new clothing until I am closer to where I want to be. But OTOH, I have a long way to go and need something to wear. I will be checking out the thrift shops in my area and picking up a new item here and there, maybe every 5 or 10 pounds or so. I have been wearing and washing the only 2 pair of jeans that fit me right now. The good news is I am in a size 16, down from 26-28 in jeans, 30-32 in tops. It is better to be swimming in baggy clothes than morbidly obese and unhealthy, IMHO.
__________________

Kim
kimmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
laceymichelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In
Posts: 780
Gallery: laceymichelle
Stats: 150/127/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 12
Love this thread! Hmmm I was going to go shopping next week but after reading this I will wait

Btw yesterday I did about 850 Cals so I decided to start today with an actual DD of 500...anyway, I got on scale this morn and was down 1pm!! Yay 138 now
laceymichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Speck333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,182
Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
lol *pictures beeb pulling a scarlet o'hara, dressing in a curtain*


I don't have much to wear either. I'm so stingy to begin with, that I don't have a lot of clothes, and I've been refusing to buy much new in the last two years...most of my non-work clothes are stained or have holes in them, or are too big or too small. Most of my work clothes are too big... or too small.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,879
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceymichelle View Post
Love this thread! Hmmm I was going to go shopping next week but after reading this I will wait

Btw yesterday I did about 850 Cals so I decided to start today with an actual DD of 500...anyway, I got on scale this morn and was down 1pm!! Yay 138 now
Woo Hoo! This is exciting. Good for you.

I don't do many Medium Days, because those mid-range calories don't seem to give me enough to sustain me very well for the next DD. I am in awe of you being able to follow your 850 MD with a DD today.

Enjoy your UD tomorrow! You're doing a good job.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,481
Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmarie View Post
I am having the same problem, and don't want to buy a bunch of new clothing until I am closer to where I want to be. But OTOH, I have a long way to go and need something to wear. I will be checking out the thrift shops in my area and picking up a new item here and there, maybe every 5 or 10 pounds or so. I have been wearing and washing the only 2 pair of jeans that fit me right now. The good news is I am in a size 16, down from 26-28 in jeans, 30-32 in tops. It is better to be swimming in baggy clothes than morbidly obese and unhealthy, IMHO.
Wow Kim...that is an awesome drop in clothes sizes...no way could you wear your old ones now!
Please post some before and after pics when you feel ready...you are an inspiration!
hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tyrone Georgia U.S.A.
Posts: 1,215
Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
My clothes are also a lot looser lately. So I gues it's time to have these 2 pair of
46" jeans that I bought years ago hemed at last. Heck I have jeans going back to
when I had a 34" waist. My 2x shirts are a little loose now but I have a bunch of 1x,
large, medium and even a couple of small shirts. Why I ever kept the small shirts I
don't know I bought them when I had goten too skinny well that problem ( being to skinny) sure didn't last long.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,481
Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
My clothes are also a lot looser lately. So I gues it's time to have these 2 pair of
46" jeans that I bought years ago hemed at last. Heck I have jeans going back to
when I had a 34" waist. My 2x shirts are a little loose now but I have a bunch of 1x,
large, medium and even a couple of small shirts. Why I ever kept the small shirts I
don't know I bought them when I had goten too skinny well that problem ( being to skinny) sure didn't last long.
Enjoy those jeans...i am betting you wont be in them for long!

As I lost weight, I would take one garment, just a little too small, and hang it on the front of my wardrobe...I would try it on every week...and any time I felt like giving up on dieting.

When it eventually fitted comfortably, it became my new favourite item of clothing...and I would get so much pleasure from wearing it!

It would be replaced by another, smaller item, and so on.

Now I fit in everything..so the wardrobe is empty on the front...and bursting inside!
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!
 
Debrat3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: WA. state
Posts: 1,394
Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb View Post
My pants are fine, I found some in the closet I haven't wore in ages, but were still in great shape and fit wonderful but I have NO tops! And all my best bras are too big!!

They are SO big now, just hanging off me, and I hate clothes shopping!! It not the cost of the clothes but I have no idea what sizes to bring in so I'm always loaded down with a zillion tops to try to find the right size/shape for my new body now!

Not complaining at all, just
I want your problem!!!!
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,879
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrat3 View Post
I want your problem!!!!
I expect you will soon have her problem!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!
 
jeaniem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,657
Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Enjoy those jeans...i am betting you wont be in them for long!

As I lost weight, I would take one garment, just a little too small, and hang it on the front of my wardrobe...I would try it on every week...and any time I felt like giving up on dieting.

When it eventually fitted comfortably, it became my new favourite item of clothing...and I would get so much pleasure from wearing it!

It would be replaced by another, smaller item, and so on.

Now I fit in everything..so the wardrobe is empty on the front...and bursting inside!

Wow I love that idea!
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #21
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
lol *pictures beeb pulling a scarlet o'hara, dressing in a curtain*
I am a Scarlett O'Hara and Gone with the Wind buff and have my whole living room filled with Gone with the Wind stuff; collector plates, figurines, cook books, dolls, etc! Hmmm....I think you are a bit psychic there, Miss Dottie!

And ALL of you will have my problem some day and then I'LL be able to make fun!! (EVIL LAUGH from Beeb)

Last edited by Beeb; 10-23-2011 at 07:59 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,884
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I still have TONS of my clothes in sizes 14-16-18...from 1994-2006 I slowly gained 30lbs;
then I went from 190lbs/XL shirts to 290/3X very quickly a few years ago,
and have both very little that fits me now and very few "in between" clothes.
So I am hoping I lose some weight very quickly...over the winter would be nice,
when having some baggy clothes to wear in layers wouldn't be tragic...

I bet saris can be worn through a lot of weight fluctuations! Too bad we don't wear those here!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Congrats Beebs and everyone who is too small for their clothes!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:53 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,481
Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I still have TONS of my clothes in sizes 14-16-18...from 1994-2006 I slowly gained 30lbs;
then I went from 190lbs/XL shirts to 290/3X very quickly a few years ago,
and have both very little that fits me now and very few "in between" clothes.
So I am hoping I lose some weight very quickly...over the winter would be nice,
when having some baggy clothes to wear in layers wouldn't be tragic...

I bet saris can be worn through a lot of weight fluctuations! Too bad we don't wear those here!
Saris are awesome... so beautiful and feminine... and flattering!

This winter you can wrap up in your too big stuff, like a cosy chrysalis, then emerge next summer like a slender butterfly!
Wish i had lost over winter.... I got to goal just in time to hide it under British winter weather clothes!

Hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
stardustshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 3,338
Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
I have a whole wardrobe to donate to charity. I only wish I had people (that I knew) around me who needed/wanted it. I have some friends who will fit the biggest stuff (I have already given them alot) but I have a ton of stuff in all sizes from 18-10 that has no home If I don't find someone who wants it, I will be donating it soon. I guess i find it satisfying giving it to someone I personally know who needs it. Then again, i'm doing just as much good giving it to charity.

There was a dress I gave to a friend, that I'd only worn once (I bought it when I wore a size 18/20) because I loved the fabric but the cut did NOT flatter my body shape. It cost about 150 dollars new. She loves it, it looks great on her, and she gets compliments every time she wears it, and that makes me happy
__________________
'It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves'
-Sir Edmund Hillary
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.