Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
easing into JUDD

I was just over at Johnson's site with the calculator and think I am going to ease into JUDD by doing the 45% weight loss mode. With exercise that gives me 2007 cals on UD and 903 on DD. Anyone else gone this high initially? I am not concerned with losing quickly, I just want to be able to enjoy my Up days.
Thanks for any input.
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
I'm so new to this, I don't have any proper advice. All I can say is to do what you think will work for you. No sense being so restrictive at first it triggers nasty things or makes you miserable.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
I chose to do 500 calorie DDs from the start. But really, I do enjoy my UDs. I have just adjusted my UD # to 1800 and I find I really enjoy them a lot. On the two UDs each week that fall on workdays, I actually struggle to eat enough...just too busy. I have to plan for lots of snacking in those days. But today, for example...it's an UD, but since I'm not working I'm able to make myself a lovely breakfast of eggs, sausage, toast w/ butter and coffee w/ hwc. Very enjoyable.

Now, that's just me. If you feel like 500 is going to be too rough to start, I think you're right to pick a calorie level that feels more comfortable. Lots of people here choose to do just that.

The important thing is that there's a big enough spread between UDs and DDs so that your body is kept on its toes AND make sure that your UD/DD average is at a calorie level that will be conducive to weight loss (or maintenance) FOR YOU. (For example, my UD/DD average is 1800 + 500, divided in half = 1150 for two days.) I don't always hit my numbers exactly, but that's my goal every day.

Welcome and good luck!!!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I was just over at Johnson's site with the calculator and think I am going to ease into JUDD by doing the 45% weight loss mode. With exercise that gives me 2007 cals on UD and 903 on DD. Anyone else gone this high initially? I am not concerned with losing quickly, I just want to be able to enjoy my Up days.
Thanks for any input.
I started that the 45% level and had NO problems losing. After awhile I found it hard to get to the 700 cals on my DD and actually lowered it to about 625 to 650 cals as an average. You will find you will lose fine especially if you have a little to lose, like I did, to get to your goal. Give is try for a week and see what happens. You can ALWAYS tweak and adjust!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Quote:
Thanks for any input.
This is what I am doing...I am still losing about a pound per DD (I only count weights after a DD). That means I am 3lbs down since my 3rd DD was yesterday. I am doing about 35-45% cals on DD's too. Let me know how it works for you. I just can't seem to stand the hunger on any less than that percentage but I am still losing decently so I will take it! I am sure the hunger will be better as time goes on and my body gets more of the SIRT1 gene activated...I suppose.

Good luck on your plan!

-Michelle

P.S. I ate about 860cals yesterday and my UD cals are supposed to be around 2300 since I exercise 1-3x/wk (I run a few times a week).

Last edited by Buttercup204; 10-23-2011 at 10:31 AM..
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
You know, I think you can be legalistic over anything, especially diets and doing them "as written" or "the way it's supposed to be done" or "just follow the book", etc. But in the long run, you know your body, and you know your mind. And only you can know what it will take to get you "there". So I would do what works for you, and leave it at that. Cuz in the long run, the most important part about this is that you get to the point in the diet where it's giving your real appreciable benefits. i.e. the SIRT1 gene expression along with mTOR modulation, etc.

As to whether or not your caloric plan will allow those things to happen is another story. I just don't know. I would bet you would lose weight. And if weight loss is your only goal then awesome! For me, my ultimate goal is to get the right genes switched on and inflammation modulated! And weight loss is a bonus! So for me, I want to go by the book and go down to the 25% or calories or less. I know from my history with JUDDD that sticking to the 500 cal DDs and around 1400-1600 for UDs with 20-60g of carbs (mostly netted) gets me where I need to go. So this time starting back, that's where I jumped into it. It wasn't so bad! Even though I'm only on my second DD, I had 1 complete stress-free cycle!

Wishing a low stress, rewarding JUDDD this time Jeanie!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I think starting in very gradually will be a real good idea for you. I think it will be one of the best things you can do for yourself to ease yourself into a very, very slight up/down rotation, with plenty of room for food every single day. I think for you it's more important to get your mind completely comfortable with the truth of JUDDD. There just isn't any need to force this to stark and repressive levels if you don't do well at those levels.

Truly, JUDDD can adjust to our individual needs a lot more than most folks think. What you want is success doing a version of JUDDD before worrying about where calories are set. You can always bump calories up. Or down. Or back up again. Or back down again. You can always do a real low DD, and then another one that's more a MD, and then hold to the higher level for awhile until you feel comfortable again, and then do another low one. There is absolute permission to adjust JUDDD to your needs, and JUDDD seems to forgive all of our weird adjustments and oddball but necessary tweaks and ways we change the rotation schedule around, and yet.. overall.. it keeps working.

It isn't a plan where you ruin it if you blow it - badly - sometimes. It just forgives us our sins and lets us start back in. At whatever level we want to do it at.

I think this is really going to be a good plan for you, Jeanie. It just takes the *getting into it* part, and as you've done it before, you know better now how to start high and hold there until you might feel ready to dabble in a little lower number. If...

Relax with it.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

First down day under my belt. Not quite bedtime but I think I can call it. I feel more energetic than usual this evening and less sweaty. I know that sounds weird, but I just feel cooler and more comfortable. I am trying to make a menu for tomorrow on ****** and so far have only been able to get up to 1600 cals vs. 2000. I really can't imagine being able to eat all that food unless I was on a binge of course. I guess I will see how I feel and maybe adjust the numbers if it feels like I am stuffing myself trying to reach 2000 cals.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #10

Quote:
First down day under my belt. Not quite bedtime but I think I can call it. I feel more energetic than usual this evening and less sweaty. I know that sounds weird, but I just feel cooler and more comfortable. I am trying to make a menu for tomorrow on ****** and so far have only been able to get up to 1600 cals vs. 2000. I really can't imagine being able to eat all that food unless I was on a binge of course. I guess I will see how I feel and maybe adjust the numbers if it feels like I am stuffing myself trying to reach 2000 cals.
Yeah, at this point, maybe just don't even worry about it. Don't push it. After you've got your menu looking tasty, just know that you have X number of calories left over for an evening snack if you want one.

Woo Hoo for getting this first DD under your belt. Interesting that you feel more energetic than usual. Post as these day go by. It's going to be very interesting to read what you think after a few more days, and especially about that feeling cooler and not so sweaty. Very intriguing.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Pat. I felt like a kid in the candy store tonight while grocery shopping! I didn't really buy anything that carby, but it was fun picking up some of the things I wouldn't normally have bought. Looking forward to a little ole chemically high fructose coffee mate tomorrow in my coffee.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks Pat. I felt like a kid in the candy store tonight while grocery shopping! I didn't really buy anything that carby, but it was fun picking up some of the things I wouldn't normally have bought. Looking forward to a little ole chemically high fructose coffee mate tomorrow in my coffee.
Crap! I like that stuff too!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:49 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Ugh, I am so ready for a down day and a very low down day at that. All the food and carbs yesterday did not make for a good night's sleep. Here's to a new day that will include planning a proper UD for tomorrow!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:23 AM   #14

Quote:
Ugh, I am so ready for a down day and a very low down day at that. All the food and carbs yesterday did not make for a good night's sleep. Here's to a new day that will include planning a proper UD for tomorrow!
I have to plan my UD for today and have no idea about what it might include. I had such a low DD yesterday that I'm not evening feeling any appetite yet this morning, so just a coffee so far.

When you decide you your UD for tomorrow, let me know... maybe that will give me an idea for mine today.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:01 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
it always surprises me when i read how some people struggle to get their cals in when i sometimes struggle with eating too many. i mean it's pretty easy to put away a 1/2 cup of almond butter...800 cals!! lol!
dazygyrl is online now   Reply With Quote