Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   How to 'adjust' UD and DD pattern (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/742282-how-adjust-ud-dd-pattern.html)

stardustshadow 10-21-2011 02:43 PM

How to 'adjust' UD and DD pattern

Hi my lovely fellow JUDDDers!

I need some help, since I've only been at this a couple of days...

At some point I am going to want to shift UD and DDs so that I can go to a party (My law school has a private bar and once every 2 weeks they open it at night for a party, at which I would like to have a non sugar drink...) or have a family party (I am going to hold an American thanksgiving this year for my in-laws, and the only day they can do it is on a Sunday, which is supposed to be a 'MD' for me, I guess).

So how can I adjust the 'pattern' of my days?

Right now I have
Sa-UD
Sn-MD
M-DD
T-UD
W-DD
T-UD
F-DD
.....and repeat!

And do I have to have that medium day in there? Can I just remove it and go with a DD instead if I want to change my 'order' (and then insert it later if I want the old order back?')

Thanks for helping!!:)

SoHappy 10-21-2011 02:58 PM

You can skip that MD completely and just do straight UD/DD alternations, which gives you a week of 3UD&4DD followed by a week of 4UD&3DD.. so that all averages out anyway.

Some folks like to have that MD in there each week in order to keep their M-W-F days for the gym every week, or stuff like that that falls on the same days every week.. want to have every Friday night be on an UD 'cause they go out and party, or every Sunday be an UD because all the family gathers for a huge Sunday dinner on that day, etc.

But easy to insert that MD into your week any day you want to just push the rotation by one day. Friday is falling on a DD, but you want it to be an UD. And Thursday is your UD. But, if you make Thursday be a MD, you can push the Thursday UD calories over into Friday and enjoy your UD party then, and then do the normal Friday DD calories the next day on Saturday.

It's always been just a hoot to me that I not only don't have to diet every day on JUDDD, I can even pick and choose the days that I'm willing to do the diet part, and demand high calories on the days I want to be free to party and eat. What the heck kind of a diet is that? :annoyed: Oh, right... IT'S JUDDD! :up: Woo Hoo! :hyst:

Joedi 10-21-2011 03:15 PM

I had my first medium day this week...Sunday was a DD..and I had to make monday a MD, so Tuesday could be an UD.
It worked fine, though I noticed that, after a DD, then a MD...by my UD I was RAVENOUS...which I am normally not on an UD! And as I was going out to a buffett in the evening, I had to keep most of my cals till later...I was chewing carpet by that point...lol!
I must admit...I like my UD,DD straight rotation!

hugs
Jo
x

kris4chloe 10-21-2011 03:38 PM

I started monday so I have been alternating DD, UD, DD, UD, and today is a DD, so technically tomorrow is an UD but I am going to the San Diego Zoo and I don't want to have to worry about food and would love to enjoy some park snacks with my kids so I am doing a MD tomorrow. I am trying to keep the alternating but for something like Sunday I like the ability to switch it up a bit.

SoHappy 10-21-2011 04:58 PM

Wherever you interrupt your normal up/down cycle with a MD, the cycle just continues in again the very next day. So if you have a MD today, whatever today would have been is pushed over 'til tomorrow, and the cycling continues from there. -- Today isn't skipped, it's just pushed into tomorrow.

Joedi 10-21-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15109965)
Wherever you interrupt your normal up/down cycle with a MD, the cycle just continues in again the very next day. So if you have a MD today, whatever today would have been is pushed over 'til tomorrow, and the cycling continues from there. -- Today isn't skipped, it's just pushed into tomorrow.

:goodpost:

Just the explanation I was looking for! Thanks Pat!

Hugs
Jo
X

stardustshadow 10-22-2011 02:19 AM

hmmm....so an MD is not necessary. I could just have a DD on sunday and and do an UD on Monday instead...! Cool...!

Kissa 10-25-2011 07:20 AM

That was interesting, thanks.

Sissiesue 10-25-2011 08:08 AM

The rotation information was useful!

This may be a silly question, but . . .
If I use a MD (for instance, if I always want an UD on a Saturday, I'll need to use a MD to keep the rotation correct), do I also adjust the calories on all the other days, too? Or does it just plop right down in there, no other changes required? :confused:

SoHappy 10-25-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissiesue (Post 15119449)
The rotation information was useful!

This may be a silly question, but . . .
If I use a MD (for instance, if I always want an UD on a Saturday, I'll need to use a MD to keep the rotation correct), do I also adjust the calories on all the other days, too? Or does it just plop right down in there, no other changes required? :confused:

No changing of the calorie numbers for the other two kinds of days. If your DDs are being held to a 500-calorie ceiling, and you are doing (about) 1800 calories on your UDs, your MD number will be 1150. And these are your numbers forever.. until you need to adjust them. LOL

Your MDs in no way alter the calorie numbers of your other two days. :)

2muchme 10-25-2011 01:33 PM

Thanks, Pat. Today is my first ever DD and I have a wedding to go to on Friday. I was going to have the DD yesterday but wanted to avoid that issue right at the start of JUDDD. So, anyway, answers that question for the next time.

And, you really CAN have your cake and eat it too!!

Sissiesue 10-25-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15120640)
No changing of the calorie numbers for the other two kinds of days. If your DDs are being held to a 500-calorie ceiling, and you are doing (about) 1800 calories on your UDs, your MD number will be 1150. And these are your numbers forever.. until you need to adjust them. LOL

Your MDs in no way alter the calorie numbers of your other two days. :)

Thanks! (And you even did the math for me. Double thanks!!) :clap:

stardustshadow 10-25-2011 02:45 PM

aarrggghhh....gotta adjust this week AGAIN because I just found out I have a birthday dinner for my mother in law on Saturday. Guess I won't be going out to the bar on Friday (or anyway, I'll be going, but sticking to diet coke):(