Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/150/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Linda, I've been lurking on the JUDDD threads for a few days now, and I wasn't ready to "come out and play" just yet, but after reading this, I couldn't help it. I don't cry easily, but reading about your dear Miss Cleo passing and of your love for her, my heart is hurting. May God comfort you.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #182
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Thanks everyone. You guys have NO idea what your posts are doing to help me through these hard days and I'm not sure I would be half as good as I am without you all here.

I wanted to relate something that has happened to me over the last 2 days. As you all know going outside to do leaves and yard work is a hard one right now because Little Miss was always by my side "helping" me by getting in the way and howling up a storm sniffing out all the animal trails throughout the yard or barking if I happened to be out of her site. I would always have to stop the blower and tell her to quiet down before the neighbors called the police on us! She was also in the habit of barking at me while I was on the phone because she wanted a snack out of the cabinet that is near my office or wanted to play with me.

Well, after doing some yard work yesterday, which I did like a zombie, all sad, I entered my screened in porch and was about to go into the house when a Blue Jay (one of my FAV birds) came flying down to sit on the tree right outside the porch screen. This Jay proceeded to "yell" at me! I'm thinking "what is this birds problem"? I look at him/her and said, "hey, cut it out, stop yelling at me"! With that it flew away.

Today, out in the yard again and feeling pretty blue, I decided to cut away a lot of the dead branches and small trees before the winter hits. Usually I would have had to bring Little Miss close enough to me if I was doing this so she wouldn't keep barking because she couldn't get near me or see me. I worked in silence for a bit, did the back part of the yard and then went over to finish cutting dead branches from my rhododendron bush where she use to hang out, looking for squirrels. As I started to cut away the dead branches all of a sudden I hear all this squawking and I look up and there are 4 Blue Jays yelling at me! They are SO loud and after a few second I yell back and say "Don't yell at me, I'm not bothering you". I go back to sawing the branches, but they just keep up all this noise until I finally say, "Stop barking at me"! This just comes out of my mouth, without me even realizing what I was saying and this is EXACTLY what I would say to her when she was barking at me in the yard or for a snack. After I say this everything goes quiet and the birds fly away!

I truly believe it was our little Miss letting me know she is here with me and still "helping" me do the leaves and yard work. I but they were sad tears mixed with tears of joy. She is letting me know she is here and when I didn't pay attention to the first Blue Jay, she sent 4 more to get the job done!

Some may not believe in these kind of "signs", but to me it was a blessing and I just KNEW she had sent those Jays (again my fav bird and ones which she would always bark at, too) to let me know she is with me!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 11-02-2011 at 04:59 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #183
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Linda that's wonderful She's never going to leave you
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I love it! I am sitting here with a little trembly smile on my lips and a little misting in my eyes. But mostly with a smile.

It's nice to see you here.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Like I said hun...they send us signs of their presence...we just need to be alert to them...well, you wernt alert enough the first time...so your "sign" multiplied!
Just keep your heart and eyes open..and I bet you will have more to share very soon!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #186

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Oh, Linda, you have me crying again. What a sweet sign from Miss Cleo. I am so glad for you.
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
I love your experience with the blue jays I bet they'll be back!
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Seriously Linda you need to write a book. Your post make me cry, smile, laugh, you have a gift with words.
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Linda, I am so sorry about Miss Cleo. Both you and her were lucky to have found each other.
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
Linda I am very sorry for your loss.
I lost my beloved eskimo to Chloe to Cancer in July she was almost 17 and I swear she never really left me some days...I understand how you feel.
hugs
Nikki
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/138.2/128 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: M/E (mostly)
Start Date: 4/1/14
((((Linda))))I'm so sorry for your loss. I love the blue jay story! It was indeed a "sign".
Joannew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #192

Well, my friends I got another "sign" story to tell you about today!!

I went to do the leaves, finally. This was hard, but it needed to be done and I just had to toughen up. I also knew this would be the start of healing and getting back to "new normals" for me. As I was walking out the door I realized I was going to need a light coat so I headed to the coat closet to get out my "leaf blowing" sweat jacket, which I only wear this time of year because it is too big to wear in public and kinda worn out.

I put it on and headed to the shed to get the blower. Reaching into my pocket to see if I had a tissue, if needed, I feel a coin in there. I pull it out and it's a shiny, new penny! Now, I always tell my clients that when those who have passed over are trying to get our attention they will often times leave coins in your path or someplace we will find them. Usually it's a penny, dime or nickle and this is their way of saying they are watching over us.

I was so thrilled to find this and I KNEW she was telling me that she would be there with me to "help" blow the leaves, not to worry, and to just get the job done!

I am so happy right now that the last 2 days have been so blessed with "signs" from her! What a great love she has for me that even in death she is still making sure I'm "well guarded, OK and telling me she is still here with me as I do the things we both loved to do like yard work and blowing leaves! I also am tickled to know that my "new normals" will still be filled with her presence as long as I need them!!

Last edited by Beeb; 11-03-2011 at 01:15 PM..
Old 11-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
Oh Linda I'm so glad to read about Little Miss Cleo's signs! I'm a total believer!!

When my little Erik passed (my first Doberman baby), we had him cremated. Then one evening, when I was coming home (parking car in the garage), DH was in the kitchen and heard tapping on the sliding glass door leading out to the back yard. His other dog, who used to live with my in-laws but was living with us at the time, was tapping on the glass door. He NEVER, EVER, did that before. And never did it since. Anyhow, when I walked into the kitchen, DH told me that he thought Erik was tapping on the door, that's how he used to tell us when he wanted to come in, just tap with a paw. I noticed the light on the answering machine was blinking so I played the msg. It was from the vet's office, telling us that Erik's ashes was ready to be picked up. Erik was coming home...

So yes, they are with us still.

Kristine

10/15/11 weight: 141
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #194
Administrator

Linda that's wonderful
Old 11-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #195

Oh, I feel perfectly comfortable with the thought that we all have spirits that pass through and go beyond, but that we can linger to give a bit of comfort and companionship for awhile when that might be sort of nice and needed too. And by *we* I am referring to all of life.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
So glad for these comforts you're receiving to make a difficult time lighter!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:53 PM   #197
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Oh hon! I'm just reading this thread to catch up for the first time since surgery. I'm sorry I missed this momentuous and heart wrenching time for you!!!! I do believe in "signs" and get them all the time! I believe it is God's way of reassuring us that a loved one is doing well.

And let's face it, how could Miss Cleo not be chasing squirrels and having a blast all day while in our Lord's presence???!!!! Linda, it feels so permanent now, but it's only the blink of an eye in God's timing, before we will be reunited for eternity with those we love!!!

I will try to call tomorrow afternoon, ok?! Love & kisses friend!!!

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:26 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I'm so sorry for your loss
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:00 AM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's so great that you are getting these signs from Miss Cleo
Old 11-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #200

Hi all! Well, the signs keep coming; sounds of her walking down the hall, howls, barks, a picture of her turned to look out into the back yard that I found this way after doing leaves yesterday, and I even had a dream about her last night where she told me she had to go now, but will be back if I need her. I was sitting crossed legged in the middle of the bed and she told me to look at the box on my lap. It was a wooden box, red wood, very pretty. I told her I didn't want her to go, but I understood and still miss her every minute of everyday. She said, "I'm just a thought away. Now open the box Mom and let me go".

I opened the box and this glitter type of material started floating out of the box and up through the ceiling of my bedroom and away. Then I woke up, actually sitting cross legged in the middle of the bed. I felt a little sad, but knew it was "time" to say goodbye, as in my dream.

The vet called me today to tell me she was there (her ashes) and I could come and pick her up. Angela (vet tech) handed me a white cardboard box and when I opened it there was the box I had sitting on my lap in the dream!! Red mahogany and beautiful

I bought her home and she now has a special place next to all her pictures on my bookshelf in the living room.

All is well, the "new" normals are getting better everyday, and my girl is back where she belongs....with her Mom.

Last edited by Beeb; 11-07-2011 at 03:08 PM..
Old 11-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #201
Administrator

Aww Linda that's amazing and you know she'll always be with you
Old 11-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
It has always amazed and comforted me - the way our beloved friends 'hang around' until they are sure we are ready to move forward. And how they seem to drop by and check on things years, even decades later. My heart is broken at your loss, but I know your life is better because you had and have such a loving friend.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #203

Old 11-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #204

Hi everyone! Been doing really good until today. I decided it was time to take down her run lead from the house to the tree where she would go, on her leash, around the yard. It was very hard and tonight I cried again for the first time in about a week. It's another "new" normal again and it's just sad. The next hurdle will be Christmas when her stocking will not be filled and she will not be opening her presents, which she did all by herself. It was so cute watching her tear into her gift and running away with them to hide in under a pillow or in a corner of a chair. Maybe after that all the "new" normals will be done? I sure hope so.

Thanks for letting me and being here for me, as you guys always are!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Hi everyone! Been doing really good until today. I decided it was time to take down her run lead from the house to the tree where she would go, on her leash, around the yard. It was very hard and tonight I cried again for the first time in about a week. It's another "new" normal again and it's just sad. The next hurdle will be Christmas when her stocking will not be filled and she will not be opening her presents, which she did all by herself. It was so cute watching her tear into her gift and running away with them to hide in under a pillow or in a corner of a chair. Maybe after that all the "new" normals will be done? I sure hope so.

Thanks for letting me and being here for me, as you guys always are!
You could fix a few presents anyway, and then her spirit could accompany you in giving these gifts to another little dog, one you know or one at the humane society, or they could be *random acts of kindness* gifts to dogs you meet, being walked by their owners, etc.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
You could fix a few presents anyway, and then her spirit could accompany you in giving these gifts to another little dog, one you know or one at the humane society, or they could be *random acts of kindness* gifts to dogs you meet, being walked by their owners, etc.
That's a sweet idea.

Hugs to you, Linda
Old 11-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
OH PAT! I this idea and it's exactly what I'm going to do!! Thanks so much!!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:06 AM   #208

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Great idea Pat!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #209

OMG, I am missing her so much right now and I needed to write because I know you guys will give me the I need today!

She has totally moved on now and there have been no more "Little Miss signs". This saddens me but I know she needed to go to the place that was waiting for her when she passed over.

It's just so hard, especially since her birthday would have been Dec 28th.

Thanks in advance for what I know is all the love and support you guys are going to give me!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote