Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
WOW!

Amazing!!

JUDDD has done what I struggled to do on Atkins for months. I finally broke my 'weight barrier'. I have lost 4 pounds on JUDDD in 2 days (incredible) and got BELOW my lowest ever weight!

I'd low carbed it for months trying to do just that! I re-induced, I kept it under 20 grams. I tried exercise, cheat days, you name it. NOTHING.

In the summer, I was running races almost every weekend, and training 3 or 4 weekdays besides (running 5-10 k each time). No budge on the scale. I tried weight training. No luck.

AND ALL IT TOOK WAS 2 DAYS OF JUDDD....!!!

I can't wait to see where JUDDD is going to take me now! So glad I tried it!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
Amazing!!

JUDDD has done what I struggled to do on Atkins for months. I finally broke my 'weight barrier'. I have lost 4 pounds on JUDDD in 2 days (incredible) and got BELOW my lowest ever weight!

I'd low carbed it for months trying to do just that! I re-induced, I kept it under 20 grams. I tried exercise, cheat days, you name it. NOTHING.

In the summer, I was running races almost every weekend, and training 3 or 4 weekdays besides (running 5-10 k each time). No budge on the scale. I tried weight training. No luck.

AWESOME! KUTGW!!!
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:14 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
YAY!!! I feel your enthusiasm!!!

Congrats..now keep going! lol
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emky
Stats: CW:144 GW:130
WOE: Atkins + Shangri-la
Start Date: January 2014
Sweetness
emky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:00 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I could not be more thrilled! I'm glad you came to JUDDD too.

I think it's the strangest thing that people are so averse to trying something like this, and we often hear somebody vow that they'd rather continue to be fat than have to count calories! And yet, in other posts they'll tell you that ****** says they eat fat at about 60 percent or that they eat at about 1800 calories, or that they stay at under 20 carbs... so they're either just *talking* or they're tracking a little bit.

People declare they hate to be hungry, have to eat, and wonder if that's a hint that maybe reveals a bit of why they're heavy. Ya' think?

But the biggest thing that always strikes me as odd is reading of the struggles people have trying everything they can think of, and nothing helps them. I couldn't lose weight on low carb and yet I kept eating low carb, thinking if I stayed low enough it would somehow start working for me. Or a bit higher carb. Or no dairy. Or no nuts. It never occurred to me that my body didn't like low carb!!!!! Stopped doing it, and PRESTO.. almost immediate response.. A body that was willing to release some fat, and feeling even better mentally, more energy, etc.

I'm going to be keeping my fingers crossed tightly for you, that your weight loss continues, but I don't think that's going to be necessary, as you have always been dedicated in your diet and completely capable of doing your plan as it's to be followed. I'm just glad you're on the JUDDD plan now, because I'm completely confident that it will continue to do a very good job for you!

I would be curious what UD and DD calorie ceilings you have for yourself, if you'd be willing to state those numbers. You've done a good job of getting them set at the right number, obviously.

Way to go!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Amazing!!

Yaaayyyyy!!!! I'm so happy for you, stardustshadow, and I'm so glad you tried JUDDD too!! I had pretty much the same results as you when I started - this woe is simply amazing!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Amazing!!

:
So happy for you. I am on day four of JUDD starting my second UD and I am down 4 lbs also. Amazingly i lost 2 on the first DD and then only put on .2 after my first UD and then am down 2 lbs again from my third DD yesterday. I am like you, low carbing, adding exercise, taking out dairy, trying induction again, etc and nothing would break me. This is my lowest weight in years. I am so excited that soon I will be in ONEderland!!

woohoo us!!! JUDDD is awesome.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
So happy for you. I am on day four of JUDD starting my second UD and I am down 4 lbs also. Amazingly i lost 2 on the first DD and then only put on .2 after my first UD and then am down 2 lbs again from my third DD yesterday. I am like you, low carbing, adding exercise, taking out dairy, trying induction again, etc and nothing would break me. This is my lowest weight in years. I am so excited that soon I will be in ONEderland!!

Yes it is awesome!! Whoo hoo, so happy for you too, Kris4chloe! I've experienced about the same as you guys - wasn't losing well on LC, but started JUDDD and dropped 3 pounds in a few days! I lose after UD even. This is an amazing woe!!

I am excited about reaping the health benefits that go along with calorie restriction too. So glad we found JUDDD (thanks Beeb, Pat, and all the others who brought it to our attention!)
Old 10-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
kris4chloe[/B];15105443] So happy for you. I am on day four of JUDD starting my second UD and I am down 4 lbs also. Amazingly i lost 2 on the first DD and then only put on .2 after my first UD and then am down 2 lbs again from my third DD yesterday. I am like you, low carbing, adding exercise, taking out dairy, trying induction again, etc and nothing would break me. This is my lowest weight in years. I am so excited that soon I will be in ONEderland!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
sophiethecat[/B];15105453]Yes it is awesome!! Whoo hoo, so happy for you too, Kris4chloe! I've experienced about the same as you guys - wasn't losing well on LC, but started JUDDD and dropped 3 pounds in a few days! I lose after UD even. This is an amazing woe!!

I am excited about reaping the health benefits that go along with calorie restriction too. So glad we found JUDDD (thanks Beeb, Pat, and all the others who brought it to our attention!)
kris4chloe and sophiethecat, it's wonderful news to hear that you both have experienced this rapid and amazing weight loss right off the bat when switching from your former low carb plans.

I wonder why that would be? I mean, I know it's JUDDD, but I just wonder why.

We know that when we start very low carb, we'll lose a lot of water weight fast, but most of us held our carbs down right along, especially at the end of our frustration, trying to force some weight loss, so we shouldn't have been refilled with water weight from carbs, for Heaven's Sake! So where does this immediate and fast weight loss come from?

Interesting. And continued good luck to you all! Isn't it a hoot!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I'm another JUDDD newb who has lost a good six pounds this first week. I lost 40+ last year on LC, then it just stopped. I tried changing carb levels, counting calories, giving up, Intermittent Fasting. Nothing. But at least I didn't gain much back. Finally I noticed a bit of creep on the scale, most of which I think was from adding more carbs back into my life. Even with IF, I was barely holding on. When I re-hit 270 (down from 310 last year and up from 255 at my lowest a few months ago) I HAD to try something else.

JUDDD is working for me. I'm eager to keep going with it. I figure some of this initial loss is water (and TOM started today, so that may confirm it), but I'll take it!

I'm aiming for 500 calories of protein/fat/carb food on my DDs (and about 100-200 extra flexible calories for veggies and things I don't bother counting like artificial sweeteners, pickles, nonfat sauces/dressings). I aim for 2200 on UDs, but have been consistently higher. Even so, my two-day averages are around 1600, which is "supposed" to be losing-fat level for someone my size (but never has been for me).
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
kris4chloe and sophiethecat, it's wonderful news to hear that you both have experienced this rapid and amazing weight loss right off the bat when switching from your former low carb plans.

We know that when we start very low carb, we'll lose a lot of water weight fast, but most of us held our carbs down right along, especially at the end of our frustration, trying to force some weight loss, so we shouldn't have been refilled with water weight from carbs, for Heaven's Sake! So where does this immediate and fast weight loss come from?

It is crazy, because like you said my carbs were low and i am actuallying eating more carbs then i was before. before if i added any carbs in i usually gained. I know that yesterday I seemed like I was (sorry if TMI) peeing alot more then usual. I also wonder if a part of it is that I am regular again.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
I'm another JUDDD newb who has lost a good six pounds this first week. I lost 40+ last year on LC, then it just stopped. I tried changing carb levels, counting calories, giving up, Intermittent Fasting. Nothing. But at least I didn't gain much back. Finally I noticed a bit of creep on the scale, most of which I think was from adding more carbs back into my life. Even with IF, I was barely holding on. When I re-hit 270 (down from 310 last year and up from 255 at my lowest a few months ago) I HAD to try something else.

JUDDD is working for me. I'm eager to keep going with it. I figure some of this initial loss is water (and TOM started today, so that may confirm it), but I'll take it!

I'm aiming for 500 calories of protein/fat/carb food on my DDs (and about 100-200 extra flexible calories for veggies and things I don't bother counting like artificial sweeteners, pickles, nonfat sauces/dressings). I aim for 2200 on UDs, but have been consistently higher. Even so, my two-day averages are around 1600, which is "supposed" to be losing-fat level for someone my size (but never has been for me).
Well, whatever you're doing to start off sure seems to be working for you!

We can always tweak our starting calorie numbers, if and when the time comes, but as long as it's working, that's a darned good sign your numbers are good for you right now.

If it doesn't *work*.. that's when we can adjust a bit. Beeb had to adjust her calories UP! She couldn't get her weight loss to stop! That's not our usual problem, and if there is ever any adjusting to be done, it's usually done in a downward direction, but.. whatever it takes.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I don't know for sure Pat, but somewhere in my internet prowling and reading yesterday I came across a statement that when someone does LC for a while, the body gets used to ketosis and lowers the metabolism.

So even though my calories stayed between 1000 - 1200 usually on my LC diet, it took forever to drop a pound. But when I got on JUDDD, I "shocked" my system with the UDs and DDs and it never gets time to lower metabolism since I don't do DDs in a row (2 in a row might be OK now and then).

Best I can figure it out OH, one more thing, I think I also do better on more carbs... it kind of completes the nutrition picture for my body so it feels its getting what it needs and lets go of unneeded pounds? And I guess another thing is that calorie restriction does something good for insulin resistance and metabolic problems that allows one to have high carbs (at least on the UD) and not suffer the consequences that would normally occur if one were eating high carbs day after day after day.... This is my theory.

I have completely stopped counting and worrying about carbs now. I think the CR of JUDDD takes care of it. I will be interested in other's experiences with that, and I still intend to get blood monitor supplies and see what's going on after my meals on UD....
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuvLatte
Stats: 135/141/123 @ 5'3" and 46 yo
WOE: LC on and off. Now whole foods & JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: 9/21/2011 w JUDDD at 145
LuvLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I don't know for sure Pat, but somewhere in my internet prowling and reading yesterday I came across a statement that when someone does LC for a while, the body gets used to ketosis and lowers the metabolism.

So even though my calories stayed between 1000 - 1200 usually on my LC diet, it took forever to drop a pound. But when I got on JUDDD, I "shocked" my system with the UDs and DDs and it never gets time to lower metabolism since I don't do DDs in a row (2 in a row might be OK now and then).

Best I can figure it out OH, one more thing, I think I also do better on more carbs... it kind of completes the nutrition picture for my body so it feels its getting what it needs and lets go of unneeded pounds? And I guess another thing is that calorie restriction does something good for insulin resistance and metabolic problems that allows one to have high carbs (at least on the UD) and not suffer the consequences that would normally occur if one were eating high carbs day after day after day.... This is my theory.

I have completely stopped counting and worrying about carbs now. I think the CR of JUDDD takes care of it. I will be interested in other's experiences with that, and I still intend to get blood monitor supplies and see what's going on after my meals on UD....
It's interesting, isn't it. I hope you do get a blood monitor/supplies and can see what's going on. I would assume blood sugar goes up, as per Mother Nature's plan for the body, and then the blood sugar goes back down, again as per the plan for the body. I'd like to know if this action and reaction response just gets better at occurring as we continue our JUDDDing. So much that isn't working correctly for us is supposed to respond favorably to strong calorie cycling. JUDDD is supposed to be very *healing*.

But, yeah.. bringing more carbohydrate back into my diet has certainly been healing for me. I had kept low carb for so long that I'd pretty much made myself very carb sensitive! And it took me awhile to realize that my sharp carb response had been pretty much artificially brought on by myself.

Like somebody who withholds animal protein for such an extended period that they can't handle it well when they suddenly sit down to eat a big steak and double over in pain from the load in their gut, or somebody who withholds fats in their diet for such an extended period that when they start eating fat again, they are on the toilet with such cramps and diarrhea they're afraid they may never get to arise from the toilet again!

These days, it's all good again. I had wanted so much to be able to go back and eat a lot more like my family did back when I was a kid, mostly without much convenience foods. But including carbohydrate, for Heaven's Sake! I'm happy to report that I'm eating like that with great success now, and feeling very, very contented and happy.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
It's interesting, isn't it. I hope you do get a blood monitor/supplies and can see what's going on. I would assume blood sugar goes up, as per Mother Nature's plan for the body, and then the blood sugar goes back down, again as per the plan for the body. I'd like to know if this action and reaction response just gets better at occurring as we continue our JUDDDing. So much that isn't working correctly for us is supposed to respond favorably to strong calorie cycling. JUDDD is supposed to be very *healing*.

But, yeah.. bringing more carbohydrate back into my diet has certainly been healing for me. I had kept low carb for so long that I'd pretty much made myself very carb sensitive! And it took me awhile to realize that my sharp carb response had been pretty much artificially brought on by myself.

Like somebody who withholds animal protein for such an extended period that they can't handle it well when they suddenly sit down to eat a big steak and double over in pain from the load in their gut, or somebody who withholds fats in their diet for such an extended period that when they start eating fat again, they are on the toilet with such cramps and diarrhea they're afraid they may never get to arise from the toilet again!

These days, it's all good again. I had wanted so much to be able to go back and eat a lot more like my family did back when I was a kid, mostly without much convenience foods. But including carbohydrate, for Heaven's Sake! I'm happy to report that I'm eating like that with great success now, and feeling very, very contented and happy.
This is all very interesting...I am diabetic and have seriously increased my carbs on my UDs so far (significant in relation to the 20 or so I have been eating daily for the last almost 1.5 years). I have monitored by BG closely and have noticed no problem blood sugar at all. First, I attribute this to have achieved significant weight loss (over 70 pounds) before adding in the carbs. I am sure that that lost fat diminished my insulin resistance. I also think that the time I spent carb free and the DDs will allow my pancreas to rest and not burn out those insulin producing cells. Maybe most importantly of all, diabetes and low carb taught me how to manage my carbs...I never eat anything containing pure sugar, unless it is in small amounts, and only pounds up with fat and protein. I try to do the same with other carbs-like rice or breads...always eat with fat and protein and limit the quantity at each meal. That being said, I think it is OK to indulge every once in a while. I had sushi today (from a place that does not sugar their rice). It was a huge treat....
I am excited to see what my scale says tomorrow, if I will have a gain or not. I am mentally preparing myself for a gain, trying to focus on the loss I will hopefully get after my DD on Friday!
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Gosh, that is the SAME experience I had on LC. It worked like a charm for the first six months or so, and after that I fought tooth and nail (did a fat fast) to lose anything...and then it seemed like the scale would never budge. I would not be surprised if the lowered metabolism is true.

Another thing...after my DD last night, I could not sleep! I felt SO full of energy, despite eating 600 cals yesterday! And then, this morning, after a yummy breakfast of eggs, bacon, rye bread with butter and cheese (the rye was my indulgence!) I WANTED to go running. I felt like I was bursting with energy. I couldn't run (I had an appointment with a friend at an art museum) but I was really shocked by the amount of energy my body had after that DD.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post

So cool!! I am happy for you too! I love hearing about other people's success (it makes me more confident of my own!). I hope JUDDD continues to work its magic for you!! I LOVE getting to the lowest weight in years point, don't you!?
Old 10-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #19

Well, you've done so well so far that I'll be following your progress and results with great interest. Especially since you are diabetic and will be able to shed more light on that subject with regards to carbohydrate foods in general, and then in including them a bit more in a cycling way of eating like JUDDD, since it is usually quickly apparent that cycling calories also results in the cycling of carbs quite a bit too.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I could not be more thrilled! I'm glad you came to JUDDD too.

I think it's the strangest thing that people are so averse to trying something like this, and we often hear somebody vow that they'd rather continue to be fat than have to count calories! And yet, in other posts they'll tell you that ****** says they eat fat at about 60 percent or that they eat at about 1800 calories, or that they stay at under 20 carbs... so they're either just *talking* or they're tracking a little bit.

People declare they hate to be hungry, have to eat, and wonder if that's a hint that maybe reveals a bit of why they're heavy. Ya' think?

But the biggest thing that always strikes me as odd is reading of the struggles people have trying everything they can think of, and nothing helps them. I couldn't lose weight on low carb and yet I kept eating low carb, thinking if I stayed low enough it would somehow start working for me. Or a bit higher carb. Or no dairy. Or no nuts. It never occurred to me that my body didn't like low carb!!!!! Stopped doing it, and PRESTO.. almost immediate response.. A body that was willing to release some fat, and feeling even better mentally, more energy, etc.

I'm going to be keeping my fingers crossed tightly for you, that your weight loss continues, but I don't think that's going to be necessary, as you have always been dedicated in your diet and completely capable of doing your plan as it's to be followed. I'm just glad you're on the JUDDD plan now, because I'm completely confident that it will continue to do a very good job for you!

I would be curious what UD and DD calorie ceilings you have for yourself, if you'd be willing to state those numbers. You've done a good job of getting them set at the right number, obviously.

Way to go!
I don't mind sharing calorie levels at all! I do 1908 on UDs and I did 600 on my DD. I thought 500 sounded very low for a first DD so I gave myself an extra 100. I don't know if I will do that again tomorrow or not...

I really hope you are right and that JUDDD continues to be the plan for me! I am nothing if not dedicated to making my diet work, so believe me when I say my nose will be to the grindstone on this one...but it does NOT really feel like I am dieting! I feel like I have SO much freedom. Even on the DD, I felt free (after the hunger feeling went away, I really got into a groove).

You are right that I, like most, was scared to abandon my previous WOE and try something new. Since I had never been able to lose weight before starting LC, I assumed that carbs were the enemy number one, and that adding any of them back would be disaster. I started LCing to control diabetes too...so I have a fear of carbs in that respect...though I think JUDDD is helping me see that there is a carb level that I can tolerate without adverse effects to my blood sugar, and it does not have to be as punishingly low. I am really glad I tried this plan...and I can't wait to see the effects a couple of weeks from now!

I felt *so* thin (and looked it too) and gorgeous today....I am shocked that in addition to pounds, I lost CENTIMETERS in the last couple days on JUDDD (off of measurements that were not changing, despite weight loss on LC).
Old 10-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well, you've done so well so far that I'll be following your progress and results with great interest. Especially since you are diabetic and will be able to shed more light on that subject with regards to carbohydrate foods in general, and then in including them a bit more in a cycling way of eating like JUDDD, since it is usually quickly apparent that cycling calories also results in the cycling of carbs quite a bit too.
Well I am always up for being a carb guinea pig! I'll gladly post blood sugar results from certain things if I think they will help others. If you ever have a question, let me know, too.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Well I am always up for being a carb guinea pig! I'll gladly post blood sugar results from certain things if I think they will help others. If you ever have a question, let me know, too.
We have other *guinea pigs* of various sorts here too, doing JUDDD in some way that will blaze the path of knowledge for those who follow. LOL

I continue to be pretty amazed by it.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I don't mind sharing calorie levels at all! I do 1908 on UDs and I did 600 on my DD. I thought 500 sounded very low for a first DD so I gave myself an extra 100. I don't know if I will do that again tomorrow or not...

I really hope you are right and that JUDDD continues to be the plan for me! I am nothing if not dedicated to making my diet work, so believe me when I say my nose will be to the grindstone on this one...but it does NOT really feel like I am dieting! I feel like I have SO much freedom. Even on the DD, I felt free (after the hunger feeling went away, I really got into a groove).

You are right that I, like most, was scared to abandon my previous WOE and try something new. Since I had never been able to lose weight before starting LC, I assumed that carbs were the enemy number one, and that adding any of them back would be disaster. I started LCing to control diabetes too...so I have a fear of carbs in that respect...though I think JUDDD is helping me see that there is a carb level that I can tolerate without adverse effects to my blood sugar, and it does not have to be as punishingly low. I am really glad I tried this plan...and I can't wait to see the effects a couple of weeks from now!

I felt *so* thin (and looked it too) and gorgeous today....I am shocked that in addition to pounds, I lost CENTIMETERS in the last couple days on JUDDD (off of measurements that were not changing, despite weight loss on LC).
Your UD/DD levels are pretty much the same as mine. And like you, I also got into the LC mindset and couldn't think anything but carbs were bad, also being especially wary of them because of blood sugar/insulin issues.

I will be following your results with great interest since you are diabetic.

You are gorgeous! Glad you're also having so much success on JUDDD!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Gosh, that is the SAME experience I had on LC. It worked like a charm for the first six months or so, and after that I fought tooth and nail (did a fat fast) to lose anything...and then it seemed like the scale would never budge. I would not be surprised if the lowered metabolism is true.

Another thing...after my DD last night, I could not sleep! I felt SO full of energy, despite eating 600 cals yesterday! And then, this morning, after a yummy breakfast of eggs, bacon, rye bread with butter and cheese (the rye was my indulgence!) I WANTED to go running. I felt like I was bursting with energy. I couldn't run (I had an appointment with a friend at an art museum) but I was really shocked by the amount of energy my body had after that DD.
Yes, I'm feeling more energy, and even after high carb meals on my UD (like the Big Mac and french fries) I had no "down" later at all! Same thing when I had the pizza and potato chips - no sleepiness later on like I normally would. Just a more even energy burn all day.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
I am so, so happy for you. Watching you struggle has been hard, has reminded me of how I struggled as well. After a while, nothing lowcarb worked for weight loss - just kept hunger in check.

Isn't it wonderful to try something new and have it pay off!?!!!
paulabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
I am so, so happy for you. Watching you struggle has been hard, has reminded me of how I struggled as well. After a while, nothing lowcarb worked for weight loss - just kept hunger in check.

Isn't it wonderful to try something new and have it pay off!?!!!
thanks, sweetie! It IS wonderful! I am so glad I 'took the leap'!

Yeah, funny how it seems that so many of us got 'stuck' on low carb, and as you said, it just kept the hunger in check.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Your UD/DD levels are pretty much the same as mine. And like you, I also got into the LC mindset and couldn't think anything but carbs were bad, also being especially wary of them because of blood sugar/insulin issues.

I will be following your results with great interest since you are diabetic.

You are gorgeous! Glad you're also having so much success on JUDDD!
Thanks!

Cool that we have similar UD DD levels. It will be interesting to compare progress (even though you are nearly in maintenance, it is still cool to compare how we cope, feel, etc on DD or UDs)!!

Seriously, that 'carbs are bad' thing is TOUGH to break out of, isn't it!? I had true carbophobia!

Last edited by stardustshadow; 10-20-2011 at 03:31 PM..
Old 10-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes, I'm feeling more energy, and even after high carb meals on my UD (like the Big Mac and french fries) I had no "down" later at all! Same thing when I had the pizza and potato chips - no sleepiness later on like I normally would. Just a more even energy burn all day.
Sweet!! It was really cool...glad I'm not the only one! I'm going to make time to work in running time to my UD on Saturday (have an appointment with a friend, but not until the afternoon).

Is it odd that I am almost looking *forward* to my DD tomorrow!?
Old 10-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #29

Quote:
Sweet!! It was really cool...glad I'm not the only one! I'm going to make time to work in running time to my UD on Saturday (have an appointment with a friend, but not until the afternoon).

Is it odd that I am almost looking *forward* to my DD tomorrow!?
You know.. lots of us seem to feel that. And it does seem like a strange thing, but I think it must have to do with the fact that our Down Days are the days that make the whole thing work. Those are the days that result in the weight loss. Those are our *work* days, toward accomplishing what we want to get done, toward getting into the clothing sizes we want to have hanging in our closets, toward appearing in the photos that are going to be taken at family gatherings this upcoming Holiday Season, toward our original goal way back when of losing weight.

And since we only accomplish this work toward our weight reduction on our DDs, we realize the importance of them, and we look forward to *working on our project.* And then it's fun to set aside our project and relax for a day of good eats before getting back to work for yet another day.

And I know you'll make tomorrow another good DD. You're doing a great job.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #30
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I AM SO HAPPY!!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote